Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,074 members, 7,890,544 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 03:46 PM

Ten Years Later, Materazzi Reveals Comments To Zidane At World Cup - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Ten Years Later, Materazzi Reveals Comments To Zidane At World Cup (624 Views)

Ahmed Musa Reacts After His Goal Was Ranked 8th Best At World Cup / These 4 Players Have Decided To Leave Real Madrid Due To Zidane's Exit. / After 10years Materazzi Reveals What He Said To Zidane In 2006 - Naij.com (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Ten Years Later, Materazzi Reveals Comments To Zidane At World Cup by Mandaking(m): 3:44pm On Jul 11, 2016
The match was level at 1-1, and nothing appeared to be the deciding factor between two teams. That is until Zinedine Zidane created arguably the biggest controversy in World Cup final history.

Ten years have since rolled on, but now, Marco Materazzi — the Italian defender that was on the receiving end of the infamous head butt at the 2006 World Cup final in Germany — has clarified the comments he made leading up to the physical altercation; kind of.

As you can see in the video above and what was also seen in live action during the match, the two players appeared to exchange words in the second extra time session.

While various reports over the years have attempted to decipher what was said, Materazzi admitted to speaking about Zidane’s sister, despite not providing the context.

“What I said was stupid,” Materazzi said. “But it didn’t deserve that reaction. You would hear stronger words said on the streets of Naples, or Milan, or Paris, much more serious things.

“My mother died when I was 15, so I would never have insulted his. I spoke about his sister.”

Ultimately, France went on to lose in the penalty shootout following Zidane’s straight red card in the 110th minute. That sequence turned out to be the final moment of the Frenchman’s professional playing career.
Tags: 2006 World Cup, France, Italy, Marco Materazzi, Zinedine Zidane.
Re: Ten Years Later, Materazzi Reveals Comments To Zidane At World Cup by Mandaking(m): 3:45pm On Jul 11, 2016
see pics here...

Re: Ten Years Later, Materazzi Reveals Comments To Zidane At World Cup by Nairalanddiary: 4:20pm On Jul 11, 2016
That Legendary Head Butt

(1) (Reply)

Watch Live Stream Nigeria Vs Germany Olympic Games 2016 - Semi-finals / Who Will Be The Next Ballon D'or Winner, And Reason / What You Don’t Know About Manchester Derby

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.