Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,255 members, 7,880,957 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 10:00 AM

Magu To Lawyers: We’ll Soon Come After You - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Magu To Lawyers: We’ll Soon Come After You (19128 Views)

Tell Magu To Leave Me, Trump Didn’t Go After Obama’s Wife - Patience Jonathan / Magu To Sue The Sun Newspaper, Denies Owning House In Maitama / Ibrahim Magu To Appear Before Senate On Wednesday For Screening (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Magu To Lawyers: We’ll Soon Come After You by omenka(m): 7:39am On Jul 13, 2016
BlackSeptember:
why did you bring in modath? Are you always scared of taking the heat? I know your comments are filled wiith hate so i ll always stop you from going down the hole.

The igbo society don't know you exist or about your victim mentality
..and this one "too". cheesy

You guys are booooooring.
Re: Magu To Lawyers: We’ll Soon Come After You by BlackSeptember: 7:42am On Jul 13, 2016
omenka:

Boring kwa undecided you sound most times like those agatu farmers helpless in the face of fulani onslaught.

The funny thing is that you run away from aiding their cause because you are playing political correctness.

5 Likes

Re: Magu To Lawyers: We’ll Soon Come After You by modath(f): 7:46am On Jul 13, 2016
omenka:
Small tin like dis dem no gree sabi. grin

Anger and hatred don destroy their brain cells finish.

See the one charging at me like an angry buffalo, like say I sleep with him babe last night, with a comment TOTALLY unrelated to the topic under consideration.. grin

Two things iPod yoots do on Nairaland these days when hunting for likes:

1. Insult President Buhari.

2. Insult Mo.dath or Om.enka.

Then sit back with a cup of ogogoro and count your blessings. cheesy

cheesy grin cheesy & also cackle like coven creatures in their blasted whatsapp group (alleged) to congratulate themselves on one-upping "their enemies" ... Incredible.. cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Magu To Lawyers: We’ll Soon Come After You by temitemi1(m): 8:00am On Jul 13, 2016
EFCC is now to be chasing lawyers around? Our democracy is in DANGER if lawyers can no longer defend pple!! E no go better for pple wey sold buhari to this country!!

1 Like

Re: Magu To Lawyers: We’ll Soon Come After You by omenka(m): 8:06am On Jul 13, 2016
modath:

cheesy grin cheesy & also cackle like coven creatures in their blasted whatsapp group (alleged) to congratulate themselves on one-upping "their enemies" ... Incredible.. cheesy
Very pathetic to say the least. cheesy

Head all their plots on to "frustrate omenka out of the forum" on their whatsapp coven and I simply laughed.

Make I enter work jor. Got an early one today. wink
Re: Magu To Lawyers: We’ll Soon Come After You by Nobody: 8:31am On Jul 13, 2016
Kkk

1 Like

Re: Magu To Lawyers: We’ll Soon Come After You by Funjosh(m): 8:32am On Jul 13, 2016
This country self tongue

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Magu To Lawyers: We’ll Soon Come After You by visijo(m): 8:40am On Jul 13, 2016
see hypocrite...remove dust from your eyes first before removing others...

1 Like

Re: Magu To Lawyers: We’ll Soon Come After You by donodion(m): 8:41am On Jul 13, 2016
HungerBAD:
Ibrahim Magu, Acting Chairman, Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), has said the Commission will soon beam its searchlight on lawyers, in its effort to rid the country of corruption.

Though he called on legal practitioners to join hands with the Commission in the bid to free Nigeria of corruption, he said EFCC will soon go after lawyers irrespective of their status.

“Whether you are SAN or whatever, sooner or later, we will start going after people who buy properties with stolen funds as well as people who help others to escape justice”, Magu declared.

He spoke Tuesday at a one-day workshop themed “Anti-Corruption, Ethics of the Legal Profession and Justice Sector”, organised by the Nigerian Bar Association (NBA), in collaboration with the Presidential Advisory Committee against Corruption (PACC) at the Rockview Hotel, Abuja.

According to him, the EFCC cannot stamp out corruption in the country without the support of all stakeholders.

“We consider everybody a stakeholder, as the EFCC does not have monopoly of knowledge to defeat all shades of graft”, he said.

He urged legal practitioners to always play by the rule and avoid being used by those he described as “corrupt elements” to pervert justice adding that, “what is important is the interest of the nation which should be placed above any other interest”.

Magu, who commended however the bar for being good partners in the fight against graft, also decried the attitudes of some lawyers who compromise on their jobs for suspects to escape justice.

He said lawyers have a greater stake in the war than any other class of professionals.

Reiterating his commitment towards fighting money laundering, the EFCC boss warned that, “we will not stop going after people who are involved in laundering money. It doesn’t matter who you are, the law is a respecter of nobody especially those who commit crime”.

In his address at the event, Chief Justice of Nigeria (CJN), Justice Mahmud Mohammed, urged members of the bar to examine themselves with a view to develop workable ways to curb corruption.

Justice Mohammed who spoke through Justice Kudirat Kekere-Ekun charged lawyers to look inward as individuals in the system, and collectively as a body to improve the legal system.

“You have a role to play as an individual and it is when we all change our attitude that we can see it reflected in the society. No doubt, the legal profession is crucial in the maintenance of a high quality of justice delivery within the justice system and such success or failure of our fight against corruption will depend on our willingness to take the right ethical path”, the CJN charged.

http://independentnig.com/2016/07/12/magu-to-lawyers-well-soon-come-after-you/

Dear Good Lord,

Thank you for giving Nigeria a fearless, steel skin agenr of change.like Mr Magu. Lord i must confess, after Ribadu exit. i had lost hope if we could ever have determined decisive anti corruption top agent such as he but now i believe, you Always reserve The Best for Last. Empower Mr Magu to succeed at all levels as your people Nigerians, deserve A Change. This and much more i ask with other patriots through your son Jesus.Amen.

2 Likes

Re: Magu To Lawyers: We’ll Soon Come After You by SMARTKOSSY: 8:41am On Jul 13, 2016
omenka:
Abeg make una hold this one before him enter market oo!! shockedcheesycheesy

Shooo!! Wetin concern Hausa, Fulani, and Benue for this matter?? cheesycheesycheesycheesy

Cc: Yorubanews. Abeg come carry ya flend commot for here before him flood dis place with saliva. cheesy
Chai I really pity u

6 Likes

Re: Magu To Lawyers: We’ll Soon Come After You by prinsam30: 8:41am On Jul 13, 2016
barking like a toothless dog, No Action just media propaganda

3 Likes

Re: Magu To Lawyers: We’ll Soon Come After You by sekundosekundo: 8:42am On Jul 13, 2016
Pls start from those 15 SAN(D)S that prevented Buhari from bringing his Certificate.

3 Likes

Re: Magu To Lawyers: We’ll Soon Come After You by Surfboard(m): 8:42am On Jul 13, 2016
The ignorance on this thread is alarmingly disturbing...right from Magu down to many of you who have contributed.

Nigerians need to be educated cause ignorance is killing us faster than corruption.

1 Like

Re: Magu To Lawyers: We’ll Soon Come After You by Kenneth205(m): 8:44am On Jul 13, 2016
BlackSeptember:
One day this government will have no one to fight but the common man on the street for crying out with this poverty on their soul

Word#

1 Like

Re: Magu To Lawyers: We’ll Soon Come After You by fanex: 8:44am On Jul 13, 2016
make your criticism constructive

BlackSeptember:
Whether you are SAN or whatever, sooner or later, we will start going after people who buy properties with stolen funds as well as people who help others to escape justice”, Ma

This malu doesn't know that nobody is guilty until a court says so

How can you go after lawyers who are defending an accused person?

Are you sure Magun has an O Level
Re: Magu To Lawyers: We’ll Soon Come After You by omogin(f): 8:48am On Jul 13, 2016
Shut your mouth and go after aisha, burutai, dambazau and the ministry of health

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Magu To Lawyers: We’ll Soon Come After You by bloodkiIler: 8:49am On Jul 13, 2016
[s]
modath:

[/s]
see this one
shatap and get out

3 Likes

Re: Magu To Lawyers: We’ll Soon Come After You by bloodkiIler: 8:50am On Jul 13, 2016
[s]
omenka:

[/s]
Grow up dude
you ain't getting any younger

3 Likes

Re: Magu To Lawyers: We’ll Soon Come After You by Surfboard(m): 8:50am On Jul 13, 2016
bloodkiIler:

starting with that ignorant dude omenka
chaii i really pity that guy it isn't easy cheesy to chop aisha rice and chop away your destiny while watching your people get maimed grin

Lol

1 Like

Re: Magu To Lawyers: We’ll Soon Come After You by basadenet: 8:51am On Jul 13, 2016
I hope he succeeded in the fight against corruption. And you know in Nigeria when you fight corruption, corruption fight back. God help Naija.
Re: Magu To Lawyers: We’ll Soon Come After You by bloodkiIler: 8:51am On Jul 13, 2016
[s]
omenka:

See the one charging at me like an angry buffalo, like say I sleep with him babe last night, with a comment TOTALLY unrelated to the topic under consideration.. grin

2. Insult Modath or Omenka.

[/s]
boring punchline
try something new
anu ofia

3 Likes

Re: Magu To Lawyers: We’ll Soon Come After You by SHAIBULIAR: 8:51am On Jul 13, 2016
Pls go for all the goables. Let's kill them all
Re: Magu To Lawyers: We’ll Soon Come After You by joansteff(m): 8:52am On Jul 13, 2016
Pmb needs to be rescued or rather saved from de fools around him.
Re: Magu To Lawyers: We’ll Soon Come After You by bloodkiIler: 8:54am On Jul 13, 2016
[s]
koboko69:

Na u gangan nor get O level. U these kids just dey mess up this section. Its just so disgusting. Tell me in the statement u quoted how he has pronounced anyone guilty. This is the level PDP got so many youths to. To think reasonablyc critically and logically have suddenly become rocket science. Some dead brains need to be fed to vultures...
[/s]
Nonsense trash from a hypocrite
will shatap your dirty mouth there and get out if you got nothing useful to say.
hypocrites God pass una
ozu nwulu anwu
Afo sagbuo nne i ebea

2 Likes

Re: Magu To Lawyers: We’ll Soon Come After You by henchmark: 8:55am On Jul 13, 2016
BlackSeptember:
Whether you are SAN or whatever, sooner or later, we will start going after people who buy properties with stolen funds as well as people who help others to escape justice”, Ma

This malu doesn't know that nobody is guilty until a court says so

How can you go after lawyers who are defending an accused person?

Are you sure Magun has an O Level
that statement in Nigeria in Nigeria is a fallacy. our courts are a two edged sword, you can read it anyway so nothing goes, they are as corrupt as decomposing faeces . judgements will be carried out without them. bunch of thieves. court judgement that has been corrupted is null and void. I wish we were in military dispensation.
Re: Magu To Lawyers: We’ll Soon Come After You by cherriton12: 9:03am On Jul 13, 2016
Legal practitioners should join hands with the Commission in the bid to free Nigeria of corruption.
Re: Magu To Lawyers: We’ll Soon Come After You by tonio2wo: 9:06am On Jul 13, 2016
Foolishness of the highest order! Is it the lawyer that passes judgement or the judge? A lawyer job is to defend a client whether his is guilty or not its left for the judge to pass judgement based on d evidences provided.

1 Like

Re: Magu To Lawyers: We’ll Soon Come After You by porka: 9:10am On Jul 13, 2016
Coming after lawyers for practicing their profession?

Who will defend Magu when his own time comes?

People should be very careful of what they say today.

Tomorrow belongs to God.
Re: Magu To Lawyers: We’ll Soon Come After You by koboko69: 9:12am On Jul 13, 2016
omenka:

2. Insult Modath or Omenka.

grin cheesy
U nor go kill me with laugh. I couldn't have said better
Re: Magu To Lawyers: We’ll Soon Come After You by sammhi(m): 9:23am On Jul 13, 2016
Magu is a big disgrace..the man is an illiterate, completely unenlightened and not suited to the position he occupies
How many Lawyers have clean money world over...so if a man is accused he should not get a Lawyer or no lawyer should defend him? Crazy talk .
What sort of very primitive people are these? that is how COAS Buratai murdered over 300 Shiites because they Blok road.! I insanity
Chai..worst set of govt personnel ever
So Magu expect these lawyers not to be paid or he is threatening them so the alleged offenders won't have anyone to defend them .
Simple..Magu, just jail them yourselves , don't take them to court...I think that is what you should do..biggest BS

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

"If You Can, Impeach Saraki Legally" - Ben Murray-Bruce Fires Back At APC / Atiku, Obi Lied 6 Times During Town Hall Programme — APC / We Will Buy Guns For Ondo People If Terrorists’ Attacks Continue - Akeredolu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.