Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,759 members, 7,875,916 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 01:46 AM

What Took Buhari 3months, Theresa May Appointment Within 1 Hour - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Took Buhari 3months, Theresa May Appointment Within 1 Hour (3199 Views)

Osinbajo Meets With Theresa May, Bill Gates & Others At World Economic Forum / Reno Omokri Meets Theresa May, British Prime Minister (Photos) / Atiku Abubakar Pictured With Theresa May, British Prime Minister (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Took Buhari 3months, Theresa May Appointment Within 1 Hour by plaetton: 11:53pm On Jul 13, 2016
mrvitalis:
Op am sure u are joking by comparing this two systems right??
A palarmentry system to a presidential system that took over from a different party??

Ooh please go n sleep

There is no excuse in the world for taking 5 months to appoint a cabinet.

Buhari just did not understand what being a President in democracy entails.
He is small minded, and hardly thinks out of his medieval box.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Took Buhari 3months, Theresa May Appointment Within 1 Hour by irondome: 11:55pm On Jul 13, 2016
ayokujero:
What took Buhari 3month only took the British PM 1hour to start appointing her Cabinet members.
Currently 2 news appointments has been made bY Theresa May within 2hours of taking Office as British New PM after the sudden resignation of David Cameron.

I was also disappointed it took Buhari that long to constitute his cabinet.

2 Likes

Re: What Took Buhari 3months, Theresa May Appointment Within 1 Hour by babadee1(m): 11:56pm On Jul 13, 2016
Honestly the ignorance displayed by the OP is one of the reasons why Nigeria is in such a sorry state today. Our young people don't read widely again.

1 Like

Re: What Took Buhari 3months, Theresa May Appointment Within 1 Hour by onatisi(m): 12:01am On Jul 14, 2016
basingstoke:
Buhari relly disappointed us. we had too much hope in him for a better Nigeria
please never generalise ,always state it clearly that YOU HAD ALL YOUR HOPES ON BUHARI, many Nigerians were sensible enough to know that someone who had spent 34 years of his life looking over 150 cows and never deemed it fit to improve his knowledge or brains was never good enough to rule a nation in this complex global settings. But you thought otherwise

2 Likes

Re: What Took Buhari 3months, Theresa May Appointment Within 1 Hour by Nobody: 3:54am On Jul 14, 2016
kITATITA:
The United Kingdom is structured while Nigeria is a process. Why didn't you note how easy it was for UK to get a replacement for Cameron without rancor and litigations. It's a different society and the UK PM doesn't have the kind of powers available to a Nigerian president.

Exactly.... U spoke my mind.....
Re: What Took Buhari 3months, Theresa May Appointment Within 1 Hour by mrvitalis(m): 7:42am On Jul 14, 2016
plaetton:

There is no excuse in the world for taking 5 months to appoint a cabinet.

Buhari just did not understand what being a President in democracy entails.
He is small minded, and hardly thinks out of his medieval box.
Bro u will never really understand the position we are in now.... The man needed to be careful because any little mistake and we are done
Re: What Took Buhari 3months, Theresa May Appointment Within 1 Hour by basingstoke: 7:57am On Jul 14, 2016
onatisi:
please never generalise ,always state it clearly that YOU HAD ALL YOUR HOPES ON BUHARI, many Nigerians were sensible enough to know that someone who had spent 34 years of his life looking over 150 cows and never deemed it fit to improve his knowledge or brains was never good enough to rule a nation in this complex global settings. But you thought otherwise
My broda, i was just being FRIENDLY. please see my previous post about the dullard and see what i feel about him. I am sorry jare. Dont mind me.
Re: What Took Buhari 3months, Theresa May Appointment Within 1 Hour by basingstoke: 7:58am On Jul 14, 2016
Standing5:
If you had too much hope in him then there's no way he could av dissappointed you.
My broda, i was just being FRIENDLY. please see my previous post about the dullard and see what i feel about him. I am sorry jare.
Re: What Took Buhari 3months, Theresa May Appointment Within 1 Hour by attackgat: 8:09am On Jul 14, 2016
bettercreature:
He is far better than the dullard from Otuke

Then why are things worse now?
Re: What Took Buhari 3months, Theresa May Appointment Within 1 Hour by Izonpikin: 8:22am On Jul 14, 2016
mrvitalis:

Bro u will never really understand the position we are in now.... The man needed to be careful because any little mistake and we are done
which yama yama mistake...are the present ministers he took 5 months to appoint not huge mistakes..

he just wasted our time like he had something good to offer...mediocre ministers all over the place... angry angry angry
Re: What Took Buhari 3months, Theresa May Appointment Within 1 Hour by plaetton: 11:55am On Jul 14, 2016
mrvitalis:

You just gave me a big laugh.

If all or majority of Nigerians were aware of that, there would have been NOOOOOO way in the universe that a semi-literate, non- achieving , medieval religious and ethnic bigot with a past history of monumental failure in governance, whose previous acts of treason led Nigeria on a tragic trajectory of military adventurism and desolation , could have been voted president of 21st century Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: What Took Buhari 3months, Theresa May Appointment Within 1 Hour by chemicalDisease: 12:00pm On Jul 14, 2016
OrlandoOwoh:
An SSS 2 student of Government will pity the OP for goofing. In Britain it's parliamentary system that is practised. In this system of government, the PM appoints his/her cabinet members from the lower house (called House of Commons in Britain), which she is also a member of. This arrangement makes the appointment of ministers simple as the PM won't have to look outside the House. Some political scientists would argue that in parliamentary system ministers automatically emerge once their party gets majority seats. What is just left is for them to be assigned portfolios. Those of them that don't portfolios due to the number of ministries, become back benchers.
Defending the dullard since 20BC
Re: What Took Buhari 3months, Theresa May Appointment Within 1 Hour by Reptyle(m): 1:03pm On Jul 14, 2016
ayokujero:
What took Buhari 3month only took the British PM 1hour to start appointing her Cabinet members.
Currently 2 news appointments has been made bY Theresa May within 2hours of taking Office as British New PM after the sudden resignation of David Cameron.

Both countries operate different systems of government.

Both countries also operate from totally different socio-cultural and religious backgrounds.

For instance, In the UK, people are more concerned about the appointees qualifications while in Nigeria, we worry about such banalities like where the person is from, his religion, his political antecedents, etc.

Then there are party dynamics to sort out, candidates to be cleared by security and corruption agencies, then presented and screened by the Senate before they are formally made public.

Comparing the UK to Nigeria in the area of appointing cabinet positions is like comparing Apples to Oranges...an aberration.
Re: What Took Buhari 3months, Theresa May Appointment Within 1 Hour by Nobody: 10:54pm On Jul 14, 2016
crixtex:
LOL.... how can compare the load carrying capacity of Theresa's brain to Bulharry's own....
This persons are a serious people....
you are still under the influence of colonial mentalism
Re: What Took Buhari 3months, Theresa May Appointment Within 1 Hour by hedonistic: 11:52pm On Jul 14, 2016
mrvitalis:

Do recycled political urchins and bandits like Amaechi, Ngige, Fashola, Heineken Lokpobiri, Dambazzau and hopelessly incompetent poseurs like Kemi Adeosun and the rest look like products of a "careful" selection process that justified the long delay? You people outdo yourselves in spewing inanity.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Man Calls Aisha Buhari A Prostitute For Doing This In Belgium (photos) / See The Copy Of President Buhari's Letter To The House of Assembly (Photo) / Breaking News: Sen Mao Ohuabunwa In Certificate Scandal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.