Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,188 members, 7,890,991 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 July 2024 at 05:20 AM

What Is The Aim Of Religion Forum In Nairaland - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Is The Aim Of Religion Forum In Nairaland (856 Views)

The Wars Of Religion / The Aim Of The Noah's Flood / The Aim Of Science (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Aim Of Religion Forum In Nairaland by helperzz(m): 2:14am On Sep 12, 2009
I have noticed very recently that the religion section of nairaland is fast becoming an arguement,fighting and insulting ground you can hardly enter nairaland homepage without having topics that directly insult other people because of their faith when you read the topics.I will like to say that most people that got insulted on religion ground will definitely not forget it and this will continue to cause more disunity and distrust among people here.So i urge any body or admin who have any idea as to the aims and also the rules guiding this section should please reply so that everyone could know the normal procedure of posting topics.
Re: What Is The Aim Of Religion Forum In Nairaland by Mike2Trip4: 8:37am On Sep 15, 2009
It is saddening that the very people who claim to have revelations of divine instructions on love, tolerance,etc are very ones who are showing that they are incapable of demonstrating such.

I believe that what makes atheism so appealing to many rational people is just because of the so many inconsistencies in any religion.They can not even practice what they claim to be the truth which they believe others MUST accept.

This is a summary of what every religion seem to claim:
1. Accept our religion because it makes you a better person(while alive and/or after death).
2. There is great reward ONLY for the better person (while alive and/or after death).
3. Failure to comply with 1 and 2 above have TERRIBLE consequences (while alive and/or after death).

Now if the practitioners of ANY religion are so convinced of 1,2 and 3 above, why don't they demonstrate it?

It is on the religion forum of nairaland that I got my strongest impression that Nigeria will never advance in the sense of 21st century advancement.Her diversities tears her apart instead of being used as synergy.

Now to your main question,the purpose of a religion forum is to exchange ideas and become better equipped for the purpose of building the society to become a better place to live in. Unfortunately, it is not so in nairaland. It is not so in the whole of Nigeria. I hereby also call on the admin to re-define the theme of the religion section of nairaland.
Re: What Is The Aim Of Religion Forum In Nairaland by hubreality(m): 6:15am On Sep 16, 2009
Strongly observed! The issue of unruly and insolent attitude of a few religionists and non religionists is worth seriously addressing to by the admin and the moderators.
Using vain, hate, and insolent words on any member or person is very unhealthy to this great community. Law is made for man not man for the law. Thank you.
Re: What Is The Aim Of Religion Forum In Nairaland by Nobody: 6:39am On Sep 16, 2009
Why do moslems have their board and christians dont have theirs? I started a campaign that seun should create a christianity for christian board where christians can discuss wholesome topics, but ako deleted it.
You can hardly filter out christian topics from other atheist,satanic and even moslem topics, though moslems have their board oh. You will even meet a satanist and a peadophile in the Religion forum discussing Christian topics and attacking the Christian faith. Why wont there be a fight?
The annoying fact is that you cant try shit in the largely conservative moslem board unless you want a permanent and swift ban.
I guess the henchmen just like Christianity being ridiculed at least it brings so much activity to the Religion Board.

(1) (Reply)

Let Us Demystify Death. / Why Did Jesus Use Unleavened Bread As A Symbol Of His Body? / What Does It Mean That Jesus Saves?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.