Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,031 members, 7,970,182 topics. Date: Tuesday, 08 October 2024 at 10:33 PM

10 Questions For Christians That Attack Atheists - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 10 Questions For Christians That Attack Atheists (4585 Views)

For Christians: How To Be Free From Masturbation, Other Addictions / Attention!!! Strictly For Christians!! / 5 Seriously Difficult Atheist Questions For Christians That Are Mind-twisting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Questions For Christians That Attack Atheists by Nobody: 6:41pm On Jul 21, 2016
malvisguy212:
so, which did you prefer ? Curse your enemies ? Pay back by evil ? Or do what jesus say ? Remove sentiment from your mind, I know you hate jesus, but isn't that teaching wonderful ?
I do still read my bible.....and I follow the teachings of the corinthians. I like Jesu's philosophy but I ..................just don't believe really.
Re: 10 Questions For Christians That Attack Atheists by JackBizzle: 8:00pm On Jul 21, 2016
Image123:

i'm good, i don't remember this moniker?

logicbadboy. wink
Re: 10 Questions For Christians That Attack Atheists by Touchnot01: 8:50pm On Jul 21, 2016
Great thread jackbizzle. But let me address it.

JackBizzle:
1) Is it atheists that are destroying Nigeria?
-Our leaders are have always been christians or muslims
You can be a christian by name and atheist in profession. I know of many politicians who are cultists, ritualists, thugs etc and have no respect for human life, id contrast with the teachings of christianity or islam. This makes them steal in billions without remorse. Plus, there are threads here that have shown that most atheists presidents that have ever existed have been tyrants, we still have one of such ruling over north korea.

JackBizzle:

2) Do you realize that our former colonist/slave-masters were christians?
-We were taught religion through slavery/force and you think your religion is good
There is no valid proof that religion was forced on africans. However, I believe that slaves could follow the religion of their masters. If we did not accept their religion, we will still be practicing our traditional religion which I believe to be far more deadlier and ritualistic. And I dont think you will be comfortable with that either.

JackBizzle:
3) Why are atheists (not christians/muslims) producing most of the technology that you use?
-Yes, why are atheist countries like South Korea, China and Japan ahead in technology?
The technology you see today, was built on existing scientific revelations founded by religious scientists. We cant discredit the contribution of religious people.

JackBizzle:

4) Do you realise that there are more peaceful religions/philosophies than christianity?
-Jainism, hinduism sikhism etc have far more peaceful histories than christianity
This is funny, so should christians jump at these religions?

JackBizzle:

5) Do you realise that your God has not done anything for Africa?
-Ever since you were born, has Nigeria ever progressed? Your prayers for your country have failed consistently
I believe God uses people to do stuff. When people who really revere God and human life strive to get to the top, Nigeria will be better.

JackBizzle:

6) Do you realise that your bible is not the standard for morality?
-The brutality of the old testament; slaves being sold, stoning for sins, capturing virgin booty in wars etc
The bible does not prove to be the standard of morality. It may record the war stricken history of early humans though.
What we know is that morality is innate without clear variations. Who put it in man.

JackBizzle:

7) Do you realise that even Jesus accepted other beliefs and religions?
-The good Samaritan did not worship Yahweh- as he was not a Jew
Jesus did not accept other religions. Jesus was constantly against religious leaders and hypocritic people. He however accepted peaceful coexistence with all religious groups, which is exactly what any normal christ-like person would do.

JackBizzle:

8.) Why are less religious countries doing better than religious ones?
-The human development index that ranks developed countries makes this point very clear.
A better question is "Why are developed countries better than developing countries". Religion brought education to africa, its is our fault that we keep on sabotaging our efforts to succeed. We do not seem to have progressed much after independence.
Former religious countries such as usa, uk, italy, france and others did not slump because of religion. We are our problem.
It is needless to blame religion for every single problem that man has.

JackBizzle:

9) Do you realise that God does not protect the weak?
How many children will be molested today? How many women molested? How many politicians stealing public salaries?
It only means that several humans are morally depraved, it does not mean God does not exist.
God did not protect the apostles of Jesus either, they all died miserably.

JackBizzle:

10) Do you realise that atheists can be as good or even better than christians when it comes to morality?
-Again, I remind you of the good samaritan.
Of course, like I said, morality is innate. Installed in man by a super-mind, not by dust particles.
Anyone can be moral. But without God, there is no real reason to be moral. No equal can impose his idea of morality on me.

Great thread again. But blaming mans problem and that of third-world countries on religion is becoming stale.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Questions For Christians That Attack Atheists by raphieMontella: 9:23pm On Jul 21, 2016
Touchnot01:

Jesus did not accept other religions. Jesus was constantly against religious leaders and hypocritic people. He however accepted peaceful coexistence with all religious groups, which is exactly what any normal christ-like person would do.
He however accpted peaceful coexistence with all groups..what u jst said here means he accpted living with them..nt tryna push them to christianity..in other words he didnt condemn them..i'e they are nt gonna be reckoned...so all religions are accptable or perhaps connectable to one g...bt no religions belief / practices are the same..so why wud he accpt those who defy his father's way of worship?...kinda seems readily accptin them to hell..
I myselff thnk that the simple reason is because such a tin called god didnt and doesnt exist...
Re: 10 Questions For Christians That Attack Atheists by Image123(m): 9:41pm On Jul 21, 2016
JackBizzle:

logicbadboy. wink

Oh, longtime. i thought you had repented or was in a monastery for penance or something.
Re: 10 Questions For Christians That Attack Atheists by Touchnot01: 10:18pm On Jul 21, 2016
raphieMontella:

He however accpted peaceful coexistence with all groups..what u jst said here means he accpted living with them..nt tryna push them to christianity..in other words he didnt condemn them..i'e they are nt gonna be reckoned...so all religions are accptable or perhaps connectable to one g...bt no religions belief / practices are the same..so why wud he accpt those who defy his father's way of worship?...kinda seems readily accptin them to hell..
I myselff thnk that the simple reason is because such a tin called god didnt and doesnt exist...
He accepted peaceful coexistence means no qualms living with other people.
He preached everywhere he went and was reported to say "come to me, all ye .....".
It does not mean they are not going to be reckoned, neither did he accept those who defied the worship of God. He did not condemn them too.
I'm not comfortable myself with the fact that there are consequences for our beliefs and actions, but God exists whether or not man chooses to believe in him. We can wish Him away if we want.
I dont really wanna debate this. Peace.
Re: 10 Questions For Christians That Attack Atheists by Weah96: 11:53pm On Jul 21, 2016
Image123:

i read something like this in the bible, are you plagiarising or what?

What did you read? Pray tell.
Re: 10 Questions For Christians That Attack Atheists by raphieMontella: 6:28pm On Jul 22, 2016
Touchnot01:
He accepted peaceful coexistence means no qualms living with other people.
He preached everywhere he went and was reported to say "come to me, all ye .....".
It does not mean they are not going to be reckoned, neither did he accept those who defied the worship of God. He did not condemn them too.
I'm not comfortable myself with the fact that there are consequences for our beliefs and actions, but God exists whether or not man chooses to believe in him. We can wish Him away if we want.
I dont really wanna debate this. Peace.

yp i kinda get ur point..he condemned tax collectors and sm others bt never condemned anotherr religion..thats the point and it reads he was kinda owk wit it...i fink 90 percent plus of all christians wud say islam is false n islamists wud rot in hell and christianity is rigght etc if u get my point...well all i have to say i like persons like u who accpt the truth..unlike others who wud see the truth and yet trry to turn it upside down..like someone who told me the sun rises in the east and sets in the west literally because t was stated in the bible despite of the plain fact..well..peace be with u also...and may ur god guide u more...
Re: 10 Questions For Christians That Attack Atheists by malvisguy212: 10:23pm On Jul 22, 2016
SirWere:
I do still read my bible.....and I follow the teachings of the corinthians. I like Jesu's philosophy but I ..................just don't believe really.
How can you like someone you don't believe in ? *lurkwarm* good for you.
Re: 10 Questions For Christians That Attack Atheists by Nobody: 7:16pm On Jul 23, 2016
malvisguy212:
I like his attitude, his persona.

Doesn't mean I believe everything he said
Re: 10 Questions For Christians That Attack Atheists by malvisguy212: 8:10pm On Jul 23, 2016
SirWere:
I like his attitude, his persona.

Doesn't mean I believe everything he said
Which of His word you don't believe ?
Re: 10 Questions For Christians That Attack Atheists by HardMirror(m): 9:23am On Jul 25, 2016
malvisguy212:
The character called Jesus is very lovable. There is a lot to like in him.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Can One Really Purchase The Holyspirit By His Own Effort? / A TRIP TO Hell-testimony Of Pastor Philip Mantofa / Done

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.