Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,325 members, 7,940,304 topics. Date: Wednesday, 04 September 2024 at 10:18 PM

Is It Too Dangerous To Travel To The East? - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Is It Too Dangerous To Travel To The East? (6508 Views)

7 Most Dangerous Roads To Travel In Nigeria( SEE PHOTOS) / Info For All Those Who Want To Travel To Vietnam To Buy Clothes/shoes Etc / Nigerians In The Desert Trying To Travel To Europe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Too Dangerous To Travel To The East? by Frankies(m): 8:39pm On Sep 14, 2009
I dont know what you guys are talking about. Anambra is safe esp at xmas time. I know a lot of people that came from abroad with their white wives yet they were safe the whole of the period of the stay.

All depends on God and his mercies. He is the protector even if you walk through the shadow of death.
Re: Is It Too Dangerous To Travel To The East? by kaycedwins(f): 9:01pm On Sep 14, 2009
[b][/b] I HEARD IT'S TO HOT IN ABA.THEY SHOOT THERE EVERYDAY. MY DAD'S DRIVER WAS HIT BY STRAY BULLET ON SATURDAY AND IT ENTERED HIS STOMACH.HE DIED YESTERDAY(SUN) IMMEDIATELY AFTER SURGERY. HIS WIFE IS PREGNANT AND HE ALREADY HAD THREE LITTLE CHILDREN.I CANT STOP CRYING. IT'S A BIG LOSS.HE HAS BEEN WITH US FOR OVER 16YRS. MAY HIS SOUL REST IN PEACE.
Re: Is It Too Dangerous To Travel To The East? by kaycedwins(f): 9:03pm On Sep 14, 2009
Just pray and commit your journey into God's hands. He will be with you.
Re: Is It Too Dangerous To Travel To The East? by platinumnk(f): 9:03pm On Sep 14, 2009
thank you frankies- al these non eastern ppl are nothing but tribalists willing to do nothing but spread bad name about the east. I love coming home during christmas. all these onyezuzus opening their dirty mouth. yeah I said it because im mad sad
if u don't even live in the east or visit there shut the freak up.
Re: Is It Too Dangerous To Travel To The East? by PAPABOMBOY: 9:10pm On Sep 14, 2009
nwachi2:

Dont come to Nigeria any time soon. Christmas is on the way and Whites like you are really hot cake for Kidnappers.  Even people close to you might conspire on this. Just my opinion. So stay back fo your own go

Lol @ hotcake comment cheesy grin grin grin cheesy.

Abi na chop dem dey chop white people there or nah kidnap for ransome?
Re: Is It Too Dangerous To Travel To The East? by IKEYMAN1: 9:12pm On Sep 14, 2009
@@@@@@

some people in here are real joke!! joker that cant even rememeber last time they went home!!

my little and truly opinoin on this is emm u can join your hubby but then emm u should act in completely new mentality for real

like for eg

your hubby might have to change currency in a quiet place instead the shops in the high street in awka

your shoopin must be done in low profile

parkin your car in the high street where everyone will see u ?

u dnt show urself off too much!

maintain consistence low profile!!

and i think u will be fine

nonetheless for those that talk from their ass IN UK; carry on foolin urself
Re: Is It Too Dangerous To Travel To The East? by koolchicco: 9:26pm On Sep 14, 2009
Even me as an Ex Kidnapper dey fear Anambra State,So be Warned!! cheesy
Re: Is It Too Dangerous To Travel To The East? by preselect(m): 9:28pm On Sep 14, 2009
my honest advice? dont go. cool

not just anambra, but the whole east. the niger-delta people started this mess to get attention, then they diverted it into making money and now the igbo man has overtaken the business purely for making money. so dont go. they say nigeria is deteriorating but i think the east is dead already. the igbo man fuelled by greed and encouraged by unemployment has taken to this mess and is doing it randomly.

the niger-deltans used to kidnap white people and later very rich people in oil business or in govt or their relatives, but the igbo man kidnaps his neighbour, the poor guy from europe who is still hussling and trying to balance himself in europe/america, they kidnap the fellow and that's it.

the white man went away, they kidnapp rich govt people, those ones increased their security allocation, they started kidnapping ''rich'' ordinary people like pete edochie, when those ones are out of reach, they'll go for poorer ones, soon they'll start kidnapping pure water sellers. never under-estimate what unemployment can do.

fools
Re: Is It Too Dangerous To Travel To The East? by platinumnk(f): 9:47pm On Sep 14, 2009
I  for one find this whole thread offensive, this is just an opportunity for fools that live abroad to attack the igbo nation. 

so the igbos are jobless right?
onyeberibe!
this is why  nigeria will never be one.
One by one, all the evil tribalists are rearing their filthy head.

If u dont come home to the east, shut the hell up, dont bother commenting on stuff you read  when u dont even try to experience it.

I came home last xmas to the east with my entire family and my familys friend entire family.
I traveled between anambra, abia, and imo state,<- my home.

It was purely fun
I even came back in May for 2 weeks just strictly in the east.
All this blackblalling against the igbo has to stop.
Re: Is It Too Dangerous To Travel To The East? by OvieE: 9:57pm On Sep 14, 2009
The country is bad not just the east alone but be aware mostly the north and the east.
Re: Is It Too Dangerous To Travel To The East? by PAPABOMBOY: 9:58pm On Sep 14, 2009
All these trips to the East are telltale signs of unfinished business.  

Oya @ Platinumk. When be the marriage date jare?  grin grin cheesy winkBegin talk tru o.

Make you no invite us for "mmiri ogwu"  before traditional marriage.
Re: Is It Too Dangerous To Travel To The East? by OvieE: 10:15pm On Sep 14, 2009
platinumnk:

I  for one find this whole thread offensive, this is just an opportunity for fools that live abroad to attack the igbo nation. 

so the igbos are jobless right?
onyeberibe!
this is why  Nigeria will never be one.
One by one, all the evil tribalists are rearing their filthy head.

If u dont come home to the east, shut the hell up, dont bother commenting on stuff you read  when u dont even try to experience it.

I came home last xmas to the east with my entire family and my familys friend entire family.
I traveled between anambra, abia, and imo state,<- my home.

It was purely fun
I even came back in May for 2 weeks just strictly in the east.
All this blackblalling against the igbo has to stop.

Whether Igbo or not, it is better to tell the truth. You and I love Nigeria but sometime, we have to face the fact even if we are using it to embarrass ourselves. You can come here and claimed that you travel with your entire family Nigeria. How do we know that and When? Oh, I can answer that; that was before the PDP came to power right! I just came from Nigeria four a go I was was in Delta State, my family never let our my other family members went live the house unless to church. The way thing are in many part of Nigeria, one cannot go home and really enjoy your vacation. It is terrify.

tribalists has been existed even before our papa and mama were born. So do not say anything tribalists
Re: Is It Too Dangerous To Travel To The East? by kood: 10:26pm On Sep 14, 2009
I cannot believe Nigerians are saying this stuff in an internet that many people can read. But I know that most of the people who are saying to the lady that should not go to Nigeria are either never have white girl visit their village or never come one with any white girl to their village. Can any of you prove that kidnapping is rampant in Eastern part of Nigerian by giving us a website link about a current incident that happen in the eastern part of Nigeria. Or scan a newspaper where he or she read about it.
Even arab countries that have rampant terrorist attack do not ask or say to people that they should not visit their country. It is really pity that I can read these from Nigerians.
I will advise the moderator to delete this thread if he love Nigeria as his country.
Nigeria is never Afghanistan or Iraq or somalia or Indonsia or sudan. And even these countries people still go there as tourist. YOu can only say to anyone visiting troubled regions to be careful and be security conscious and not to visit where she or he likes. There are so many crimes going on in Nigeria but you cannot compare the crime in Nigeria with the crime in south africa or so many countries in south America. Or even some countries in Europe.
I do not want to write more on this thread but I just consider that i should make this final statement on the thread.
if you guys know the message you have passed across other people from other countries. And you cannot tell me you are being honest. Honest here is to be good ambassador of your country. You can tell a visitor to be careful if you think it is not really safe at the moment but not to go there.
I do not want to say my personal experiences here but I will just add here that I do not have security when I was in Nigeria  recently with my woman.
Re: Is It Too Dangerous To Travel To The East? by bidemi12(m): 11:01pm On Sep 14, 2009
@IKEYMAN&KOOD first at ikeyman: why should i hide my car from sight and why should i shop in a low profile form? The fact that i am doing all this shows that the place is a dangerous place. I should be free to do what i like when i like at anytime i like so long as it is within the contraints of the law and of common sense. That is the way it should be in a safe and free society. Although it should that the security threat is not limited to one specific region in Nigeria. NOW KOOD: why should we not say this stuff on the internet that many people can read? Na lie dem de talk? The purpose of the blog is to air our fustrations, opinions and possible solutions. Our problems are like a huge sore and hiding it will not cure it. It must be opened and diagnosed for the proper solution to be found. My friend went home sometime back and was shot and killed on his way from the airpot. Can you imagine? he had not even gotten home before he died. That had the rest of us thinking if it was worth the investment going back anytime soon. And like i said it is not only in the east. This problem abounds all over the country. It is not that there are no crimes in other country but you are rest assured that everything will be done to apprehend the culprits and future safeguards will be put in place to prevent future occurence. but in our homeland Praying to God for vengeance is your only option.
Re: Is It Too Dangerous To Travel To The East? by igmacco(m): 11:07pm On Sep 14, 2009
you all are talking bullshit,  u all are crazy for saying bad about eastern part of 9ja.
well i don't blame you guys,
i have travel to Nigeria with my Japanese wife to east in several occasions,  with 7 business men all Japanese, and nothing happen to them,
they all walk freely ,,,  
who is that your husband sef, na who him be, na president, i sure say na poor man, wey u use get visa,,,,,
abeg 9ja ppl,    wetin go happen go happen  so just come back home to east and enjoy your life,
for Afghanistan them dey kidnap in America  same, in uk same,,, no 9ja is not the first.
 i
Re: Is It Too Dangerous To Travel To The East? by preselect(m): 11:27pm On Sep 14, 2009
the best thing i can do for someone i love is to tell him/her the truth. this kidnappings are rampant in the east. true or false? they are carried out by who? . . . yorubas?. . . hausas?. . . swahili men? who?

pls lets be more objective here. you cannot like the igbos more than i do. and this is not about igbo bashing. the victims are igbos too. what do u say to their relatives?
Re: Is It Too Dangerous To Travel To The East? by CrazyMan(m): 11:31pm On Sep 14, 2009
I wonder why you didn't tell us the part of Anambra you and your husband are planing to visit.

Secondly, if you must know, Anambra is just like Lagos; it has notorious areas and peaceful areas. The only nourious area that keeps ringing a negative bell every now and then is Onitsha. If that's where you and your husband are planing to stay when you visit Nigeria, then I would tell you to be very careful; but any other place in Anambra, is quite habitable. So there's no need to fear; make that trip and I can assure you that you would enjoy the hospitality of the Ibos, and also, you would learn more about the Ibo culture which I believe you know little or nothing about smiley
Re: Is It Too Dangerous To Travel To The East? by CrazyMan(m): 11:32pm On Sep 14, 2009
I wonder why you didn't tell us the part of Anambra you and your husband are planing to visit.

Secondly, if you must know, Anambra is just like Lagos; it has notorious areas and peaceful areas. The only nourious area that keeps ringing a negative bell every now and then is Onitsha. If that's where you and your husband are planing to stay when you visit Nigeria, then I would tell you to be very careful; but any other place in Anambra, is quite habitable. So there's no need to fear; make that trip and I can assure you that you would enjoy the hospitality of the Ibos, and also, you would learn more about the Ibo culture which I believe you know little or nothing about smiley
Re: Is It Too Dangerous To Travel To The East? by mekuslogan: 11:47pm On Sep 14, 2009
I do not see how Lagos is safer than the East. Somebody tell me how?
Re: Is It Too Dangerous To Travel To The East? by layzie: 11:52pm On Sep 14, 2009
you all are talking bullshit,  u all are crazy for saying bad about eastern part of 9ja.
well i don't blame you guys,
i have travel to Nigeria with my Japanese wife to east in several occasions,  with 7 business men all Japanese, and nothing happen to them,
they all walk freely ,,,  
who is that your husband sef, na who him be, na president, i sure say na poor man, wey u use get visa,,,,,
abeg 9ja ppl,    wetin go happen go happen  so just come back home to east and enjoy your life,
for Afghanistan them dey kidnap in America  same, in uk same,,, no 9ja is not the first.
i
@igmaco, i totally disagree wt u
are u aware they kidnap in Aba now for a paltry N20k? I stay in PH and im thinkn not to travel to the east for xmas, not with all the armed robbery and petty kidnappings. Kidnapping has taken a new twist esp in the east. In PH u have to be considerably rich b4 they look at u but in the east,  anything goes.
Re: Is It Too Dangerous To Travel To The East? by bidemi12(m): 12:12am On Sep 15, 2009
@LAYZIE Which kain argument be dat? you are saying you recognise the fact that kidnapping exist outside the east but where you stay is not that bad because the kidnappers in PH look at your status first. There is no good or bad kidnapping, or small or big kidnappings. Nowhere is safe. If they want you they will get you . The point is it must stop.
Re: Is It Too Dangerous To Travel To The East? by OvieE: 12:20am On Sep 15, 2009
bidemi12:

@IKEYMAN&KOOD first at ikeyman: why should i hide my car from sight and why should i shop in a low profile form? The fact that i am doing all this shows that the place is a dangerous place. I should be free to do what i like when i like at anytime i like so long as it is within the contraints of the law and of common sense. That is the way it should be in a safe and free society. Although it should that the security threat is not limited to one specific region in Nigeria. NOW KOOD: why should we not say this stuff on the internet that many people can read? Na lie dem de talk? The purpose of the blog is to air our fustrations, opinions and possible solutions. Our problems are like a huge sore and hiding it will not cure it. It must be opened and diagnosed for the proper solution to be found. My friend went home sometime back and was shot and killed on his way from the airpot. Can you imagine? he had not even gotten home before he died. That had the rest of us thinking if it was worth the investment going back anytime soon. And like i said it is not only in the east. This problem abounds all over the country. It is not that there are no crimes in other country but you are rest assured that everything will be done to apprehend the culprits and future safeguards will be put in place to prevent future occurence. but in our homeland Praying to God for vengeance is your only option.

I salute because you just give the main point. Entire Nigeria is bad. Why will some go home and hide. What is the point of going there. Some people just want to keeping good things about Nigeria knowing the fact that Nigeria is not a place to go not talk of vacation. Christmas time is even more dangerous to go to any part of that country. People travel to enjoy to not hide in one place. It does not make sence. I salute once again. I will continue to tell the truth about Nigeria. We do not have to come here and keep the fact a way. Those people out there know more that Nigeria is a bad place than us. I may be a Nigerian and it will not keeping from telling the truth. Nigeria is hell place to be.
Re: Is It Too Dangerous To Travel To The East? by trekkie: 12:28am On Sep 15, 2009
@ udode
i stay in the naija delta which is as close as you get to the east. there are 2 groups of foreigners; those who have been in naija for a long time and have learned to navigate their way through the murky waters of our society. they move about freely but still cautiously. the other set have not been here for long and because of all the horror stories coming from naija, move with the full complement of security personnel.move in convoy etc. now which one are you?
it's true there are stories of kidnapping, there is also crime in uk,usa,and south africa. if you are caucasian, then you will tend to stand out in a negroid crowd and make for more specific target. but one can be a target in any country. if you ask your husband, he'll tell you that the end of year in the east is a time when crime is higher that other times of the year.
you may decide to come but weigh the risk vis a vis the fun you are likely to have. the majority of nigerians are peaceful,funloving pple unfortunately, we have a small percentile of the population whose activities overshadow all the other good that is going on.
Re: Is It Too Dangerous To Travel To The East? by OvieE: 12:33am On Sep 15, 2009
kood:

I cannot believe Nigerians are saying this stuff in an internet that many people can read. But I know that most of the people who are saying to the lady that should not go to Nigeria are either never have white girl visit their village or never come one with any white girl to their village. Can any of you prove that kidnapping is rampant in Eastern part of Nigerian by giving us a website link about a current incident that happen in the eastern part of Nigeria. Or scan a newspaper where he or she read about it.
Even arab countries that have rampant terrorist attack do not ask or say to people that they should not visit their country. It is really pity that I can read these from Nigerians.
I will advise the moderator to delete this thread if he love Nigeria as his country.
Nigeria is never Afghanistan or Iraq or somalia or Indonsia or sudan. And even these countries people still go there as tourist. YOu can only say to anyone visiting troubled regions to be careful and be security conscious and not to visit where she or he likes. There are so many crimes going on in Nigeria but you cannot compare the crime in Nigeria with the crime in south africa or so many countries in south America. Or even some countries in Europe.
I do not want to write more on this thread but I just consider that i should make this final statement on the thread.
if you guys know the message you have passed across other people from other countries. And you cannot tell me you are being honest. Honest here is to be good ambassador of your country. You can tell a visitor to be careful if you think it is not really safe at the moment but not to go there.
I do not want to say my personal experiences here but I will just add here that I do not have security when I was in Nigeria  recently with my woman.

You are the kind of person that deceive other to go to Nigeria and die. On May of 2009, five member of my 15 family that lived in USA, travel home, guest what happen; early in the morning on our way to Lagos, Arm robber where on the road operating. Thank God a good hearted person to us and other drivers to revised. On our stay in Nigeria, We stay in one place and my oldest brother refuse to even live the house. What kind of vacation is that. Till today, I am still reg recting go to that country for vacation when I could have go to Londan or Germany or Italy when our family member told us to come instead of Nigeria.

By the way, Those Arab countries has a good inforstruction to offer but Nigeria don't. How many people go to Nigeria because they know how Nigeria is. It is better you tell this while lady the truth rather than telling her to go commit suicide in Nigeria.
Re: Is It Too Dangerous To Travel To The East? by franklampard082(m): 12:38am On Sep 15, 2009
As at this very moment, a family friend of ours is their custody. He was kidnapped yesterday here in Anambra state. I myself am really afraid or staying out late these days. Please keep your hubby company at wherever you are and come down when things have cooled down.
Re: Is It Too Dangerous To Travel To The East? by OvieE: 12:47am On Sep 15, 2009
NO PART IS SAVE iin NIG not to talk of DURING CHRISTMAS TIME IN NIGERIA. HEAR the WARMING. WE USED TO LIVED THERE>
Re: Is It Too Dangerous To Travel To The East? by Theblessed(f): 12:52am On Sep 15, 2009
[b]Hey baby, don't just bother - your life is worth more than Ten Million Naira ransom.  Good you want to integrate and share your husband's culture but as a 'White lady' you are a MAGNATE to these criminals. Everyone in town will know a white woman is around and these days with Mobile phones, oh baby don't even consider the it.  You gonna put you innocent husband in sh-t.  Your going doesn't worth the stress, please!  As a Nigerian woman myself, I intend to go home this year but my old Dad objected and said please, stay away from the village - they will come after you unless you stay in Abuja and we can all come up there to meet you.  So, you can see how dangerous SOUTH and SOUTH EASTERN Nigerian is, at present.  So don't worry if you couldn't go this time, I'm sure things would improve (because this is not how our country used to be - our leaders have let us down so badly.) and you'd have the opportunity to meet all your husbands people and see how much you're loved because Nigerians, we are friendly and fun loving people and you won't believe it, we love foreigners more than we love ourselves.[/b]
Re: Is It Too Dangerous To Travel To The East? by OvieE: 12:57am On Sep 15, 2009
Theblessed:

[b]Hey baby, don't just bother - your life is worth more than Ten Million Naira ransom. Good you want to integrate and share your husbands culture but as a 'White lady' you are MAGNATE to these criminals. Everyone in town will know a white woman is around and these days with Mobile phones, oh baby don't even consider the it. You gonna put you innocent husband in sh-t. Your going doesn't worth the stress, please! As a Nigerian woman myself, I intend to go home this year but my old Dad objected and said please, stay away from the village - they will come after you unless you stay in Abuja and we can all come up there to meet you. So, you can see how dangerous SOUTH and SOUTH EASTERN Nigerian is, at present. So don't worry if you couldn't go this time, I'm sure things would improve (because this is not how it used to be - our leaders have let us down so badly.) and you'd have the opportunity to meet all your husbands people and see how much you're loved because Nigerians, we love foreigners more than we love ourselves.[/b]

True talk.
Re: Is It Too Dangerous To Travel To The East? by ahmakar(f): 1:11am On Sep 15, 2009
no its not but u have to hold urself well or they wud steal you cool cool cool cool
Re: Is It Too Dangerous To Travel To The East? by kevd2: 2:42am On Sep 15, 2009
Why must people invoke tribalism anytime some inconvenient truth is told about them.

Let's tell ourselves the truth, i've been to the East and Niger Delta, the level of crime there is Egregious and i think its something any sincere person of Igbo descent would agree, some people just don't want to take responsibility of their actions but take the easier option of playing the tribal card because they still harbor feelings of revenge.

On the whole Nigeria is not safe again save Abuja largely because of the presence of the Fg.
The North is not safe- Boko Haram and Religious extremists.
The Niger Delta is not safe.
The East is not safe.
Lagos is not safe.
Our country is tottering on the brink of collapse.
Re: Is It Too Dangerous To Travel To The East? by Gamine(f): 2:56am On Sep 15, 2009
If its not a matter of life and death dont go o.
Cos Its a matter of just death in the East.

The first n last time <i hope!> i went, some months ago
i was looking around me like a drug addict,

militants, kidnappers, ojujus
abeg. vely vely dangerus.
Re: Is It Too Dangerous To Travel To The East? by platinumnk(f): 4:01am On Sep 15, 2009
D
CrazyMan:

Real talk, not the fools who went 5 years ago to the east, I went freaking in May and December stayed 6 weeks in the east.
I recorded my fun times i had there.

i even posted it on nairaland, dont let these fools steal your fun.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-311677.864.html

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5)

Seven Tallest Mountains In The World And Locations / New Rules For Nigerians Travelling To The U.s / Pls Help! How True Is This?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.