Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,482 members, 7,901,357 topics. Date: Friday, 26 July 2024 at 08:55 AM

Chuka Umunna Weds Alice Sullivan - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Chuka Umunna Weds Alice Sullivan (32320 Views)

Chuka Egwu, Sam Egwu's Son Weds As Saraki, Umahi, Ekweremadu Attend / Why I Dumped PDP For APC – Sullivan Chime / Sullivan Chime Defects To APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chuka Umunna Weds Alice Sullivan by Nobody: 3:47pm On Jul 18, 2016
ireneony:
you really need to visit italy..
Cool guys over there.
You hardly see fat people over there. They eat healthy unlike uk who eats chicken and chips grin
can you please connect me.to one of dem Italian dude, I wan carry belle born Italian half caste wey.go cute die
Re: Chuka Umunna Weds Alice Sullivan by Nobody: 3:56pm On Jul 18, 2016
kingzizzy:
I wonder what gives people the impression that Chuka Umunna is 'Nigerian born'? He isn't. Chuka was born and raised in England to late business mogul Chief Umunna and a British mother. No doubt that he has Igbo heritage but his country of first allegiance in Britain. He has been to Nigeria a few times to meet his extended family but when it comes to his nationality, he is British. These people that are asking why he didn't marry an Igbo girl, why would he do that? Of what benefit is that to him?

Funny thing is that he is still eligible to run for President of Nigeria due to his parental links
Re: Chuka Umunna Weds Alice Sullivan by ferhyntorlah(f): 3:57pm On Jul 18, 2016
redsceptic:

HaHaHaHa! I laugh in swahili.

Prime Minister of what country? You think Britain is America? The world will end before a black man is "elected" PM.

Thank you very much for the clarification.
Black prime minister in Britain?
I doubt it.
Re: Chuka Umunna Weds Alice Sullivan by Nobody: 3:58pm On Jul 18, 2016
This guy is 99% British na, even on his wedding day,no single half cast like him not to talk of black,this is one of the Lost children resulting from inter racial procreation

1 Like

Re: Chuka Umunna Weds Alice Sullivan by karryn(f): 4:02pm On Jul 18, 2016
passionate88:
Foreign babes are simply the best kiss kiss kiss kiss
it is well o learn to appreciate made in nigeria products
Re: Chuka Umunna Weds Alice Sullivan by ferhyntorlah(f): 4:06pm On Jul 18, 2016
kingzizzy:
I wonder what gives people the impression that Chuka Umunna is 'Nigerian born'? He isn't. Chuka was born and raised in England to late business mogul Chief Umunna and a British mother. No doubt that he has Igbo heritage but his country of first allegiance in Britain. He has been to Nigeria a few times to meet his extended family but when it comes to his nationality, he is British. These people that are asking why he didn't marry an Igbo girl, why would he do that? Of what benefit is that to him?

Thank you for your line of reasoning. I wonder why people are questioning his choice.

He found love in the hands of a Caucasian and not an African.

Make una paddle una canoe biko.
Re: Chuka Umunna Weds Alice Sullivan by ATERI(m): 4:08pm On Jul 18, 2016
I like the diversity of views on this thread. To the ladies going ga-ga about Italian guys, don`t make up your minds until you have visited Sweden and Holland

And to Igbos claiming Chuka, better tell us the circumstances surrounding his father`s death. In a nation of talent killers, the son would have been a nobody if he had not been born abroad.

In British politics, Chuka Umuana is the hottest property in town-bright, posh and presentable. Most importantly, he is a quiet Blairite. People have talked about his odds and I agree with them to some extent. One thing we shouldn`t under-estimate is how America influences what other nations of the world do. The election of Obama is a game changer, in the sense that, other countries would want to wave their diversity credentials-remember how black law-makers started to surface everywhere from Russia to Denmark and beyond. America got her independence from the United Kingdom, so London would like to show sooner or later that, what America can do, London can do better. London has started that with Sadiq Khan as the Mayor of London. Such elections are all about symbolism.
The British Labour Party is a gay-loving, EU promoting, multiculturally inclined party. But what set Tony Blair`s wing of the party apart and at odds with the traditional wing of the party is his addiction to privatization and romance with big business completed with highly sophisticated spin. This contamination of the traditional Labour brand was what won Tony Blair 2 General Elections. People like Chuka Umuana and David Miliband believe that a winning formula should not be changed. But the 2008 economic collapse meant that people that were seen as old Labour started to fight back. Step forward Jeremy Corbyn. If I may use a footballing analogy, Jeremy Corbyn is to the Labour Party what Stoke City is to the Premiership, not going to win the biggest prize but capable of damaging the chances of those that could. The British Left have come to see the economic world order for what it is: a fraud that is making it possible for the rich to become richer and the poor to become poorer; a fraud that means that when bankers collapse the economy, taxes paid by the poor would be used to bail them out; a fraud that means that austerity is being unleashed on the poor globally while billionaires are going untouched
So Jeremy Corbyn is here to stay in one shape or form. Chuka Umuana is the `closest` black to the Downing Street today, but how you interpret that depends on your political philosophy. People like Dianne Abott and David Lammy are senior MPs to Chuka but they are the Jeremy Corbyn type, so not that electable. Then in the Tory, the most promising black there is a milionaire that snatched Boris Johnson`s wife, that alone is a death sentence. So the coast is almost clear for Chuka Umuana. But should his election happen, how is it going to help the black race? The hopelessness of Obama has given us enough clue
Anyway Sadiq Khan versus Chuka Umuana would be a good leadership contest for the Labour Party.

2 Likes

Re: Chuka Umunna Weds Alice Sullivan by ferhyntorlah(f): 4:08pm On Jul 18, 2016
InvertedHammer:

/
You guys are funny.

Chuka is only Igbo by name. I don't think he understands a word of Igbo language. The only time he came to Nigeria was when the father died. He was born and bred in England.
The late dad was a Nigerian (from Anambra State) and the mom is a Briton. He has never visited Nigeria since the 80s.

How do you expect him to marry into a culture he is not familiar with?
/

I wonder too.

1 Like

Re: Chuka Umunna Weds Alice Sullivan by ferhyntorlah(f): 4:12pm On Jul 18, 2016
YungBosco:
the British power house wouldn't have let him progress even if he decided 2 run because they know his root i surpose.u kno what i mean.

Same thing someone was telling me. Even if he wants to vie for the party leadership position, they will frustrate him. Hence his withdrawal the last time.

1 Like

Re: Chuka Umunna Weds Alice Sullivan by ferhyntorlah(f): 4:14pm On Jul 18, 2016
CFCman:

Funny thing is that he is still eligible to run for President of Nigeria due to his parental links

Lol. I trust my people to welcome him with arms wide open.
Re: Chuka Umunna Weds Alice Sullivan by Ghost01(m): 4:52pm On Jul 18, 2016
lepasharon:

Nigerians born abroad acknowledge their origin, that explains why some of us are on this site .

Looool..that's a lie.Mainly the old white population outside London wanted leave. London is multicultural, consisting of black ppl so majority of the ppl wanted UK to remain.
Don't mind her. She must have gotten her info from Jupiter.
Re: Chuka Umunna Weds Alice Sullivan by Ghost01(m): 5:02pm On Jul 18, 2016
bigtt76:
Thats just it! He's not positioning himself for the forth coming elections. Very possible they might also field a lady for that too to match the possible outcome of the US elections in favor of Hilary Clinton ensuring that the three world powers have their destinies in the hands of ladies for the first time grin World would be peaceful

And where is your prove that having a woman as leader leads to peace? Last I checked not only did Ms. Clinton support the war in Iraq (which is the genesis of the present carnage in the Middle East), she also played a major role in the toppling of the Gadaffi regime - another event that culminated in the present instability in Libya.

Having said that, it'd be nice to have women occupying those positions. But don't get your hopes too high.
Re: Chuka Umunna Weds Alice Sullivan by Ghost01(m): 5:06pm On Jul 18, 2016

1 Like

Re: Chuka Umunna Weds Alice Sullivan by MIKOLOWISKA: 5:14pm On Jul 18, 2016
bigtt76:
I know Theresa May is Premier likewise the Conservatives being in power, but may be luck would have shone down on him if he had contested instead of Ed Milliband undecided

this is politics
Not who wants to be a millionaire

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Chuka Umunna Weds Alice Sullivan by saintdennis(m): 5:56pm On Jul 18, 2016
Okijajuju1:
www.nairaland.com/attachments/3986836_chukaumunnaandalicesullivan_jpeg37fbf5ea767d90c3b2768b986229b268

So Chuka did not see any Nkechi, Nkoli or Njideka to marry? angry angry

When this Sullivan takes half his shiit in the divorce, he shouldnt come and worry ndi umunna o!

The girl does not even have 'Ukwu'. angry So how will she tie two wrapper and blouse to attend August meeting? angry

U should get paid for dis post! I'm just LMAO ryt nw
Re: Chuka Umunna Weds Alice Sullivan by Nobody: 6:27pm On Jul 18, 2016
Cherishing:

See ya moniker ... Expecting u to be fully loaded owu ashi

kwakwakwakwa "owuro ashi"

Don't worry, you will chop money tire grin
am now following u, follow back
Re: Chuka Umunna Weds Alice Sullivan by Cherishing(f): 7:00pm On Jul 18, 2016
onyenze123:

kwakwakwakwa "owuro ashi"
Don't worry, you will chop money tire grin am now following u, follow back
Onyeeze dey follow person
Re: Chuka Umunna Weds Alice Sullivan by Nobody: 7:16pm On Jul 18, 2016
Cherishing:

Onyeeze dey follow person

No, he follows only people he cherishes cheesy

1 Like

Re: Chuka Umunna Weds Alice Sullivan by Cherishing(f): 7:29pm On Jul 18, 2016
onyenze123:

No, he follows only people he cherishes cheesy
Ok o
Re: Chuka Umunna Weds Alice Sullivan by temptnow: 9:22pm On Jul 18, 2016
rusher14:
Is she related to Chime Sullivan?
no oo, he is also related to chineke Sullivan
Re: Chuka Umunna Weds Alice Sullivan by Ngozi123(f): 10:22pm On Jul 18, 2016
ireneony:
mtcheweee..
I have seen it all.
Most Nigerians born in the uk hate their origin because of the way Africa is been portrayed. They wil claim any Caribbeans countries as their origin.

Mtcheweee

This is a lie. It may have been true in the past but nowadays most kids of Nigerian origin are very proud of their culture over here.

As for Mr Umunna, it's his dad who should be blamed, not him. His dad married a white women and raised his kids with her in a majority white country. It's vey possible that his grandkids will come out looking like white people and/or knowing very little about Igbo culture. I hope that all these Nigerian men who obsess about white women will see this as a warning, or maybe not. undecided

2 Likes

Re: Chuka Umunna Weds Alice Sullivan by Nobody: 11:04pm On Jul 18, 2016
onila:
british white girls r so ugly
Re: Chuka Umunna Weds Alice Sullivan by fanficgirl(f): 2:40am On Jul 19, 2016
2dugged:
can you please connect me.to one of dem Italian dude, I wan carry belle born Italian half caste wey.go cute die
You're disgusting and a sell out. Your child would be a biracial and lost in this world angry. It wouldn't be Nigerian and it def wouldn't be black. Go find a Naija man to arry. You're pretty enough to have a cute child with him. Stop imagining ixd babies and fetishng them. And people wonder why oyinbos think Africans have low self esteem angry.

1 Like

Re: Chuka Umunna Weds Alice Sullivan by fanficgirl(f): 2:42am On Jul 19, 2016
Ngozi123:

This is a lie. It may have been true in the past but nowadays most kids of Nigerian origin are very proud of their culture over here.

As for Mr Umunna, it's his dad who should be blamed, not him. His dad married a white women and raised his kids with her in a majority white country. It's vey possible that his grandkids will come out looking like white people and/or knowing very little about Igbo culture. I hope all these Nigerian men who obsess about white women will see this as a warning, or maybe not. undecided
They better. I'm tired of these biracial mixed children being born by Nigerian men angry. THey know nothing about Nigerian culture and only use it when it benefits them. As if whites are slightly attractive. The only attractive white women are the Eastern Europeans and Southern Europeans.
Re: Chuka Umunna Weds Alice Sullivan by Nobody: 4:33am On Jul 19, 2016
fanficgirl:

You're disgusting and a sell out. Your child would be a biracial and lost in this world angry. It wouldn't be Nigerian and it def wouldn't be black. Go find a Naija man to arry. You're pretty enough to have a cute child with him. Stop imagining ixd babies and fetishng them. And people wonder why oyinbos think Africans have low self esteem angry.

Even if she ends up marrying an Italian dude, her kids will, according to the Nigerian constitution, be regarded as Nigerian citizens by birth (section 25).
Re: Chuka Umunna Weds Alice Sullivan by Nobody: 6:00am On Jul 19, 2016
fanficgirl:

wetin dey worry this one?,you well so?,so people having half caste all over the world are sell out?,as for being lost, don't worry about that I am smuggling him/her into the country to live with.my mumsy, now will you keep kwayet there before I pull your wig out

1 Like

Re: Chuka Umunna Weds Alice Sullivan by fanficgirl(f): 6:14am On Jul 19, 2016
2dugged:
wetin dey worry this one?,you well so?,so people having half caste all over the world are sell out?,as for being lost, don't worry about that I am smuggling him/her into the country to live with.my mumsy, now will you keep kwayet there before I pull your wig out
LOL wig? Where? #teamnatural ans it becomes another matter when you're fetishizing how cute your unborn ed kid would be. That's my problem.
Re: Chuka Umunna Weds Alice Sullivan by Nobody: 6:18am On Jul 19, 2016
fanficgirl:

LOL wig? Where? #teamnatural ans it becomes another matter when you're fetishizing how cute your unborn ed kid would be. That's my problem.
Oya, since you don't care about how your unborn children look go and Marry an obasanjo look alike and leave me alone
Re: Chuka Umunna Weds Alice Sullivan by Ngozi123(f): 10:19am On Jul 19, 2016
fanficgirl:

They better. I'm tired of these biracial mixed children being born by Nigerian men angry. THey know nothing about Nigerian culture and only use it when it benefits them. As if whites are slightly attractive. The only attractive white women are the Eastern Europeans and Southern Europeans.

I think that it's because the majority of black people in the UK are now from direct African descent. 20 years ago, that was not the case as 'black British culture', if there's such a thing, was dominated by the Caribbeans but since they've almost bred themselves to extinction, it's the Africans that are dominating. Many black men, and women, are waking up to see the real plans of these white British people: to integrate us so much that we lose all sense of our cultural pride and heritage. No matter what anyone says, a mixed race person of partial Igbo heritage can never be as Igbo as a full blooded Igbo, for example. Those that haven't caught unto this yet are lost, I'm afraid. undecided
Re: Chuka Umunna Weds Alice Sullivan by jpphilips(m): 5:48pm On Jul 19, 2016
bigtt76:
Guy chickened out on Labor leadership! Would probably had been Prime Minster now angry

Are you high?
Re: Chuka Umunna Weds Alice Sullivan by fanficgirl(f): 9:28pm On Jul 19, 2016
Ngozi123:

I think that it's because the majority of black people in the UK are now from direct African descent. 20 years ago, that was not the case as 'black British culture', if there's such a thing, was dominated by the Caribbeans but since they've almost bred themselves out to extinction, it's the Africans that are dominating. Many black men, and women, are waking up to see the real plans of these white British people: to integrate us so much that we lose all sense of our cultural pride and heritage. No matter what anyone says, a mixed race person can never be as Igbo as a full blooded Igbo, for example. Those that haven't caught unto this yet are lost, I'm afraid. undecided
Thank you madam you are right, I have figured this out recently too. That is why I'm firmly against interracial relationships now. They want to dilute ourselves.

1 Like

Re: Chuka Umunna Weds Alice Sullivan by Kamensky: 2:01am On Jul 21, 2016
idupaul:

God bless you for jamming that ignorant person
Lol. Anytime

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Terrorists: Wipe Them Off The Earth – Buhari Tells Nigerian Army Officers / Ajimobi: Buhari Reacts To Death Of Ex-Oyo Governor / APC Presidential Primaries: Akpabio Steps Down, Supports Tinubu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.