Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,813 members, 7,948,899 topics. Date: Saturday, 14 September 2024 at 01:00 PM

Missing Police Vehicle: IG Idris Must Shun Politics Face Insecurity - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Missing Police Vehicle: IG Idris Must Shun Politics Face Insecurity (431 Views)

I Have Done Well As Police IG — Idris / Police IG, Idris Ibrahim In Ondo Ahead Of Governorship Election (Photo) / Missing Police Vehicles Found; IGP Staff Cars Under Repair; One Returned (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Missing Police Vehicle: IG Idris Must Shun Politics Face Insecurity by luciomoggi(m): 11:37pm On Jul 18, 2016
By Ewah Chika.

"If you look through the windows of my former office and from the report from my (Force) transport officer, you would see cars but a week to the the day I would resume, all these cars disappeared.

"When I took over, there was no vehicle , even the vehicle I would use. I discovered the last IG went away with 24 vehicles ; the DIGs , some of them eight , some of them seven. The IG's vehicles included two BMW 7 series , one armoured; and he left me with an old car," were the words of the new Inspector General of Police Ibrahim Idris alleging that the former IG Solomon Arase took with him more than 24 cars after his retirement last month.

This allegation is a huge one considering it has to do with a Police officer who is charged with the responsibility to enforce law and order in the country. At a time Nigerians are crying and mourning as a result of insecurity and economic hardship, it is disheartening to even fathom the fact that an officer of the law who had the privilege of retiring on the high (Police IG) will tarnish an image which he toiled to build for decades.

On his part, Arase has denied taking the vehicles and has advised the new IG not to politicise issues but rather face his responsibility of maintaining law and order in the country. It is difficult to know who is right amongst the two considering none has publicised facts and evidence to the public to swing the pendulum to their side but what is worth noting is the reason why the new IG will make such matter public when he is empowered by the law to recover those looted vehicles going by his disclosure.

Idris should know that crying and trying to gain public support and sympathy is not the reason he was appointed. Those vehicles were purchased with tax payers money and should be used by the Police Force and not individuals . He should act fast if his revelation is really true as it is seemingly looking he has a sinister motive behind his public outcry judging by his mysterious appointment by the President. The IG should be seen making public statements bothering on the arrest of the killers of Mrs. Eunice Elisha who was murdered in cold blood while preaching early in the morning in Kubwa Abuja last week. It is heartbreaking that the police is yet to make any arrest more than one week after the murder of the lady nor any progress made in the investigation. Idris should hide his head in shame and seriously criticise himself for not acting fast enough to arrest or quell the killing of innocent villagers in all parts of the country particularly Benue state by Fulani herdsmen who have made themselves the new law and order agents of the present administration. The IG has had more than one month to properly access the activities of his men and correct the mistakes made by his predecessor, rather it seems he has spent his time fighting personal and political battles which might have hidden motives.

The purpose of this writing isn't to make Arase a saint by any means but it is baffling why the new IG is delaying in recovering and even prosecuting his predecessor if necessary for defaulting. Instead of doing the needful , Idris has resorted to crying out to Nigerians who are not in any better position to right the wrongs of his predecessor. Therefore, it is wise to let the IG know that he isn't a politician and should detest from behaving like one, he should rather sit down and move the force forward to the promised land.

Source

http://mailtelegraph..co.ke/2016/07/missing-police-vehicle-why-ig-ibrahim.html?m=1

(1) (Reply)

Formal Amuwo Odofin Chairman Reports His Assasination Claims ( Screenshot) / Ex-nurtw Boss, Auxiliary, Jailed Six Years / Niger Delta Avengers Deny Peace Talks With The Government

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.