Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,180,411 members, 7,911,019 topics. Date: Sunday, 04 August 2024 at 10:59 PM

Something Strange Is Happening In The Southwest - Azuka Onwuka - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Something Strange Is Happening In The Southwest - Azuka Onwuka (49029 Views)

Python Dance: Lai Mohammed, Buratai Will End Up In Jail- Zionists Leader, Onwuka / Barrister Ben Onwuka, Self Acclaimed Biafra President Arrested In 2014 (Photos) / President Buhari, Ndigbo And The Politics Of Hate - Chris Chukwubuzor Azuka (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Something Strange Is Happening In The Southwest - Azuka Onwuka by PMBfirstson(m): 2:08pm On Jul 19, 2016
nnachukz:
Nothing strange is happening there my dear. They are just showing their slavish nature, betrayal and coward attitude they are well known for.
all i see here is anger
Re: Something Strange Is Happening In The Southwest - Azuka Onwuka by Handsomeemmy(m): 2:21pm On Jul 19, 2016
Akinaukwa:

You fail to add that recently riverine communities in Ikorodu LGA of Lagos State and some parts of Ogun State have been under siege by Niger Delta militants who have been on killing, kidnapping and destruction spree unchallenged. Rather than fight back at least with Ijebu charms, my people are packing their loads and relocating. What is the essence of having OPC, what are they doing, what usefulness are they serving to the South West especially at a time like these, rather they are looking for contract to guard oil and gas pipelines. Am ashamed oh! Let the truth be said.

I forgot it my brother, pardon me jare,
Re: Something Strange Is Happening In The Southwest - Azuka Onwuka by 7lives: 2:22pm On Jul 19, 2016
Dpharisee:

So you have finally 'dashed' Ilorin to the Fulani because a Yoruba Afonja betrayed Yorubas like Tinubu and his cohorts are doing today with their silence on matters concerning Yoruba?

Mr revisionists,the last three emirs of Ilorin have Yoruba names, or are trying to ask for a CHRISTIAN EMIR IN ILORIN?.
The governor of Kwara state is Yoruba, majority of the commissioners are Yoruba folks, what is your obsession with Ilorin?, it is people like you who go about inciting others to take up arms and fight meaningless wars.
If Yoruba people in Ilorin are more interested in being delivered from Saraki hegemony than Fulanis, it is because they have weight than options and choose Fulani.
The Fulani are into cattle rearing while Yoruba are in charge of the state so what exactly ARE YOU CRYING ABOUT.
Re: Something Strange Is Happening In The Southwest - Azuka Onwuka by Handsomeemmy(m): 2:23pm On Jul 19, 2016
Firefire:

E wo, ki Oluwa gba wa lowo awon asiwaju jegudu jera ile Kaaro O'jire.

Amin ooo Ki Oluwa Kowa yo Ki Eledumare gba lowo won.

1 Like

Re: Something Strange Is Happening In The Southwest - Azuka Onwuka by ElekeNtioba: 2:33pm On Jul 19, 2016
hotwax:
[size=17pt]Simple. Yorubas are like Europeans.

They don't join Igbo/Hausa in behaving like baboons.

When Muslims/arabs went on the street of France to butcher people you do not see those white calling for the death of all muslims or start burning mosques. They allowed the French police to carry out their duty.

When Dino Melaye verbally harassed Tinubu's wife, you didnt see Tinubu himself going there to fight, he allowed decorum to play.

When Boston bombers bombed and killed many Americans, you didnt see those white guys killing all muslims or starting riot.

When Bush lost an election to obama, you didnt see GOP declaring war. Nobody bombs oil Pipelines to spite Obama government.

When GEJ called us Agbero tribe, we did not make noise,or wail. We kept quiet and wait for the next election day to make our statement.

We are just civil unlike other tribes.

We are tolerant and above all, we value human life.

If this is called cowardice, then I am a happy coward. Remember Yorubas have not lost a war before[/size]

this is exactly why nobody takes you serious anymore. The writer talks about SPEAKING OUT against injustice and u are equating it with violence to fit ur sophisticated persona.

Ur pple insult Fayose daily, weakened Afenifere, denigrated OPC, eroded ur common sense all because of ur love for Buhari.

If u like tatoo "SOPHISTICATED" on you forehead, it wont change ur slave status.

N.B: i see u mentioned u havent lost a war before. Care to explain how Ilorin (capital of d Oyo Empire) ended up an emirate of d Sokoto caliphate?? Was it a gift??

4 Likes

Re: Something Strange Is Happening In The Southwest - Azuka Onwuka by Fikifaka(m): 2:33pm On Jul 19, 2016
Why make a mountain out of a mole hill? The south-south and the north-central are confronted with mammoth of problems and you are here screaming southwest. Abeg, face front!

1 Like

Re: Something Strange Is Happening In The Southwest - Azuka Onwuka by oyinkan177: 2:34pm On Jul 19, 2016
Infact what is Nigeria turning to,wen u see some people coment u smell hatred,mumu pepu
Re: Something Strange Is Happening In The Southwest - Azuka Onwuka by Nobody: 2:36pm On Jul 19, 2016
Over 50 corpse were dumped in the Ezu River in Anambra state during Jonathan administration and up till today, the killers have not been found. Azuka and his fellow treacherous hypocrites did not deem it right to complain about it then and now.
Re: Something Strange Is Happening In The Southwest - Azuka Onwuka by Nobody: 2:43pm On Jul 19, 2016
Vendoor:
I remember how the same Yorubas invaded GEJ with all manner of protest and statements that raised the roof.

That's why the Igbos don't blend with Yorubas, its in their attitude. Just offer them common food today and watch how a Yoruba man will lye on the floor and worship you like god. The north only offer them the VP possition and they already lying flat with their heads down like cowards.

The Igbos are brave, that's why FG (North) takes their case seriously!
Stop the tribal boast pls boast on your own name not the tribe.
Re: Something Strange Is Happening In The Southwest - Azuka Onwuka by amodu(m): 2:48pm On Jul 19, 2016
Kruzilano:
God will bless u.. I wish yorubas can think as u do.. Then stand toe to toe with d devil..I schooled in d east nd dey way d easterners so love southwesterners is unexplainable.. Buh d southwesterners dnt do dsame.. Igbos+yoruba-hausa=greatest nation in d world.. If only d yoruba can open their eyes nd see d truth..

Na by force to collaborate with you

Na we talk say make you no fit stand on your own

No be we deny you wisdom and gave you hooliganism....

Bear your father's name alone abeg

1 Like

Re: Something Strange Is Happening In The Southwest - Azuka Onwuka by mrteee: 2:49pm On Jul 19, 2016
plaetton:

Seriously dude, do you honestly think this OP is just another rant against you or your region?
If so, then you have obviously not been reading, or have failed to comprehend the relevant issue.

My post, as well as the OP, are full of acknowledgements for the firery spirit and bravery of southwest Intelligentia of the not too distant past.

We are simply wondering what has changed over the last one year ?
It is a very valid and very sincere question.

Perhaps you can answer that question for us ?

But if you have not noticed anything, any changes, if you are not bothered by the very conspicuous silence in the face of national calamities, then kindly sleep on.

Mr Wonderer, have you finished wondering what has happened to/in the SE region in the last forty-one years?
Why take panadol for another man's headache? If the SW decides to be silent at this time, why get your knickers twisted over that? when you guys have a truckload of issues to deal with? The OP's article is nothing but a call to hate and childish tantrums against the government.

1 Like

Re: Something Strange Is Happening In The Southwest - Azuka Onwuka by JFT24(m): 2:49pm On Jul 19, 2016
nnachukz:
Nothing strange is happening there my dear. They are just showing their slavish nature, betrayal and coward attitude they are well known for.

just little sense nah haba, do you guys even reason @ol?? . oga ooo
Re: Something Strange Is Happening In The Southwest - Azuka Onwuka by heydora: 2:51pm On Jul 19, 2016
SW use their BRAins...even if things don't go as planned ....we use our brains.....that is why were are the most intelligent and most feared...
Re: Something Strange Is Happening In The Southwest - Azuka Onwuka by plaetton: 2:56pm On Jul 19, 2016
mrteee:

Mr Wonderer, have you finished wondering what has happened to/in the SE region in the last forty-one years?
Why take panadol for another man's headache? If the SW decides to be silent at this time, why get your knickers twisted over that? when you guys have a truckload of issues to deal with? The OP's article is nothing but a call to hate and childish tantrums against the government.

Obviously your not an objective thinker, otherwise, you wouldn't ask me what concerns me. And herein lies the problem. Your rather bellicose posturing on this simple but very valid issue dovetails entirely with the meat of the OP.
Here is an educated person pretending to be ignorant, pulling out red herrings, rather than address a very vexing topic.
You have unwittingly justified the OP.

1 Like

Re: Something Strange Is Happening In The Southwest - Azuka Onwuka by benestico(m): 2:56pm On Jul 19, 2016
vayne:
The north takes the east more serious than any other region in this country,see how they are quick to respond in defense whenever an Igbo is killed or there is an attack in igboland because they know the consequences,
But I can't say same for the SW as they have sold their right snd have been compensated....silence is and will remain their portion atleast till 2019.
hmmm...d way govt killed all d Fulani herdsmen wen they slaughter ur people. ur mumuness is GBAM. grin
vayne:
The north takes the east more serious than any other region in this country,see how they are quick to respond in defense whenever an Igbo is killed or there is an attack in igboland because they know the consequences,
But I can't say same for the SW as they have sold their right snd have been compensated....silence is and will remain their portion atleast till 2019.
hmmm...d way govt killed all d Fulani herdsmen wen they slaughter ur people. ur mumuness is GBAM.
Re: Something Strange Is Happening In The Southwest - Azuka Onwuka by Nobody: 3:02pm On Jul 19, 2016
Despite all this, we (south west) are the most peaceful zone in the country.
Re: Something Strange Is Happening In The Southwest - Azuka Onwuka by 7lives: 3:05pm On Jul 19, 2016
ElekeNtioba:

this is exactly why nobody takes you serious anymore. The writer talks about SPEAKING OUT against injustice and u are equating it with violence to fit ur sophisticated persona.

Ur pple insult Fayose daily, weakened Afenifere, denigrated OPC, eroded ur common sense all because of ur love for Buhari.

If u like tatoo "SOPHISTICATED" on you forehead, it wont change ur slave status.

N.B: i see u mentioned u havent lost a war before. Care to explain how Ilorin (capital of d Oyo Empire) ended up an emirate of d Sokoto caliphate?? Was it a gift??

See i don't give a bleep about Igbo history but since you are obsessed with Yoruba history, Ilorin is not the capital of Oyo empire, the capital of the empire is still the modern day Oyo town.
Ilorin is the home of the blacksmiths who made farm tools and war equipments like spears, there was a succession crisis in Oyo empire during that period and for your information, an ordinary mercenary in the name of Ogunmola and his boys, not even Oyo army chased the Fulanis back from Oshogbo and fought them back to Ilorin, they only left them at Ilorin as a way of purnishing Afonja's descendants, google is your friend.
Re: Something Strange Is Happening In The Southwest - Azuka Onwuka by akandea(m): 3:06pm On Jul 19, 2016
All these because majority of the SW refuse to support your opinions and hatred for the present government!
Pathetic!
I smell insincerity and desperation in the write up. Lastly 2019 is very near and the best SE/SS could do is to give/convince SW of having a better alternative to Buhari rather than this unnecessary agitation that only make APC and Buhari more of the victim.
South East better face the true, You are losing the plot badly

2 Likes

Re: Something Strange Is Happening In The Southwest - Azuka Onwuka by IykeChukz(m): 3:06pm On Jul 19, 2016
HDee:
undecided ohh God!! I don't know why you igbos like putting mouth in what's not your business... You're just too obstinate.. Pokenosing everywhere..

Another ZombNama spotted!
Re: Something Strange Is Happening In The Southwest - Azuka Onwuka by mrteee: 3:08pm On Jul 19, 2016
plaetton:

Obviously your not an objective thinker, otherwise, you wouldn't ask me what concerns me. And herein lies the problem. Your rather bellicose posturing on this simple but very valid issue dovetails entirely with the meat of the OP.
Here is an educated person pretending to be ignorant, pulling out red herrings, rather than address a very vexing topic.
You have unwittingly justified the OP.

And you my friend are very objective, right?
The deafening silence of the SS and the SE during the inglorious 6 years of the past administration was not vexing to you, yet you lot come and spread hate and bile, and when we say thanks but no thanks, you come with insults. Leave the SW and let issues of the SE vex you enough to rally for change in your immediate constituency. Crying more than the bereaved is not a virtue my friend.

1 Like

Re: Something Strange Is Happening In The Southwest - Azuka Onwuka by HDee(m): 3:11pm On Jul 19, 2016
IykeChukz:

Another ZombNama spotted!
I'm not suprised its coming from a wailer...
Re: Something Strange Is Happening In The Southwest - Azuka Onwuka by Dpharisee: 3:12pm On Jul 19, 2016
7lives:

Mr revisionists,the last three emirs of Ilorin have Yoruba names, or are trying to ask for a CHRISTIAN EMIR IN ILORIN?.
The governor of Kwara state is Yoruba, majority of the commissioners are Yoruba folks, what is your obsession with Ilorin?, it is people like you who go about inciting others to take up arms and fight meaningless wars.
If Yoruba people in Ilorin are more interested in being delivered from Saraki hegemony than Fulanis, it is because they have weight than options and choose Fulani.
The Fulani are into cattle rearing while Yoruba are in charge of the state so what exactly ARE YOU CRYING ABOUT.

Fulanis are very politically crafty, they have adopted Yoruba names to make them look Yorubaish in Ilorin while ruling the place.
The only attempt at installing a Balogun of Ilorin and giving him a first class status was done by Late Gov Lawal who died from possible poisoning; in order to become Gov of Kwara State in 2003 Olushola Saraki made a pact with the Fulanis that if he wins the election with their support from Sokoto the first action that his son will take is to depose the Balogun to a Third Class Chief status which was carried out and combined with the sudden death of former Gov Lawal led to rioting in Ilorin which was immediately quashed by security agents from Abuja.
This is a fact except if you are ignorant or recent happenings in the country.

1 Like

Re: Something Strange Is Happening In The Southwest - Azuka Onwuka by Nobody: 3:12pm On Jul 19, 2016
HDee:
I'm not suprised its coming from a wailer...
Hmmmmm cool
Re: Something Strange Is Happening In The Southwest - Azuka Onwuka by plaetton: 3:23pm On Jul 19, 2016
mrteee:

And you my friend are very objective, right?
The deafening silence of the SS and the SE during the inglorious 6 years of the past administration was not vexing to you, yet you lot come and spread hate and bile, and when we say thanks but no thanks, you come with insults. Leave the SW and let issues of the SE vex you enough to rally for change in your immediate constituency. Crying more than the bereaved is not a virtue my friend.

You're displaying extreme ignorance if you think there is a such a thing as a " SE issue" or a " SW issue" . I thought SE and SW were in Nigeria.

You're a very very small thinker if you demarcate issues into SE issues and SW issues.
I guess the OP was not for small thinkers like you.
Re: Something Strange Is Happening In The Southwest - Azuka Onwuka by Eston: 3:25pm On Jul 19, 2016
The southwest are careful not to condemn the government in power, because of the support they gave to this present government. But truth be told, we are all disappointed, this was not what we expected. I personally campaigned for this present government with my time and resources, but I must tell you that what's on ground now, was never envisaged. This I believe is what is happening to my SW brothers. They cannot believe what is happening now. I pray that the " change" we all clamour for will come in this present government. God bless you.
Re: Something Strange Is Happening In The Southwest - Azuka Onwuka by tibaonnet: 3:39pm On Jul 19, 2016
Senator Akpabio should be arrested & questioned,strange things have been happening ever since he said SW is the most peaceful region of Nigeria.
Re: Something Strange Is Happening In The Southwest - Azuka Onwuka by OlanreJohnson: 3:45pm On Jul 19, 2016
vayne:

What happen is that, we yorubas can never complain when because if we do, our fulani muslim brothers will not be happy with us.
Re: Something Strange Is Happening In The Southwest - Azuka Onwuka by Allann(m): 3:49pm On Jul 19, 2016
lielbree:
You can't eat your cake and have it! The sw are facing the karma for their betrayal of the other so[b][/b]uthern regions.
We supported obj twice. When it became their turn to support us they used propaganda , malicious lies and their 30 pieces of silver in the form of vp slot to betray us...
Karma is a b!tch!

To think that they thought there jagaba could control buhari is truly laughable.

Get this right bro, you didn't support the course of yourba when you supported obj. Falae actually represented the interest of yoruba during the 1999 election. In fact, you people actually worked against the interest of yoruba, and it was a mere coincidence that both candidates were from the yoruba stock.
More so, obj paid back by bringing gej. The entire yoruba supported him in 2010, also in 2011 but the same sabi sabi made u people monopolised him, ill advised him. He bit the fingers that fed him, chose to work with d wrong people and today he is somewhere liking his wound.
Re: Something Strange Is Happening In The Southwest - Azuka Onwuka by mrteee: 3:53pm On Jul 19, 2016
plaetton:

You're displaying extreme ignorance if you think there is a such a thing as a " SE issue" or a " SW issue" . I thought SE and SW were in Nigeria.

You're a very very small thinker if you demarcate issues into SE issues and SW issues.
I guess the OP was not for small thinkers like you.

Now you see how you've exhibited your hypocrisy. What's the point of the article if not to "demarcate" the issue of "silence" in the SW in the "last one year"? Asking why they've not been up in arms against the present government. All the pro comments (including yours) have only lend credence to the divisive intent of the article. I'm not surprised that someone of your ilk would celebrate such an article, that's what give your life meaning.

And even though I've not insulted you in any of my posts, your insults in your last 2 posts shows the type of character that have. I would resist the provocation to stoop to your level of trading insults. Like BRF quoted "When you wrestle with pigs, you both get dirty but the pig enjoys it". Enjoy.

1 Like

Re: Something Strange Is Happening In The Southwest - Azuka Onwuka by OlanreJohnson: 3:55pm On Jul 19, 2016
hotwax:
[size=17pt]Simple. Yorubas are like Europeans.

They don't join Igbo/Hausa in behaving like baboons.

When Muslims/arabs went on the street of France to butcher people you do not see those white calling for the death of all muslims or start burning mosques. They allowed the French police to carry out their duty.

When Dino Melaye verbally harassed Tinubu's wife, you didnt see Tinubu himself going there to fight, he allowed decorum to play.

When Boston bombers bombed and killed many Americans, you didnt see those white guys killing all muslims or starting riot.

When Bush lost an election to obama, you didnt see GOP declaring war. Nobody bombs oil Pipelines to spite Obama government.

When GEJ called us Agbero tribe, we did not make noise,or wail. We kept quiet and wait for the next election day to make our statement.

We are just civil unlike other tribes.

We are tolerant and above all, we value human life.

If this is called cowardice, then I am a happy coward. Remember Yorubas have not lost a war before[/size]

My brother we yoruba are the civilized people that must live with uncivilized fulani and Ibos. I think you lied about the war. Allah instructed me to say the truth- We rightfully lost kwara to fulani muslims.
Re: Something Strange Is Happening In The Southwest - Azuka Onwuka by vayne(m): 3:55pm On Jul 19, 2016
benestico:

hmmm...d way govt killed all d Fulani herdsmen wen they slaughter ur people. ur mumuness is GBAM. grin
hmmm...d way govt killed all d Fulani herdsmen wen they slaughter ur people. ur mumuness is GBAM.
Atleast body tell them!
Sitdon there dey form peace loving,them Fulani don install emir for illorin.
Re: Something Strange Is Happening In The Southwest - Azuka Onwuka by aressssa: 4:02pm On Jul 19, 2016
OlanreJohnson:

What happen is that, we yorubas can never complain when because if we do, our fulani muslim brothers will not be happy with us.

OlanreJohnson:

we yoruba muslims don't like the ibos but we must live with them by fire by force. Insha Allah!

OlanreJohnson:
We yorubas don't agree with this. We want the fulanis to own 87% of the oil wells.

OlanreJohnson:
You want make fulani use their eyes see pepper. Our yoruba pastors na kue kue. They take orders from we muslims before speaking out.

We yorubas muslims are ready to sell them to our fulani brothers if they mess up.

OlanreJohnson:
You want make fulani use their eyes see pepper. Our yoruba pastors na kue kue. They take orders from we muslims before speaking out.

We yorubas muslims are ready to sell them to our fulani brothers if they mess up.

OlanreJohnson:
We yorubas say God bless the police of this lovely one nigeria. We yorubas now love them because of Buhari.

OlanreJohnson:

I agree with you. We yoruba muslims will rather drag our christians by force to the muslim north and form an alliance with the caliphate.

OlanreJohnson:

Don't mind them. This was why we yorubas sent Awo to kill 3 million Ibos.

OlanreJohnson:

Don't mind the ibo. Even when they all stayed in their region. Your father and my father went and died to bring them back to nigeria because we loved the sweet crude oil in East.

I don't know why ibos want independence? when they should keep shut and join you and me in being happy slaves. I don't understand ibos at all.

We yorubas will continue to wait till our corrupt leaders take us out of nigeria and embrace oduduwa. We will do this because yorubaland is the only place in the world where our fat corrupt elites lead revolutions.

OlanreJohnson:
We yorubas hate oduduwa republic. We believe that the fulanis can lead us to the promise land the way they lead their cows to green grasses. One nigeria. God punish oduduwa!

lamo @ We Yoruba in every post...

Funny when yahoo yahoo 419 Igbos try to fool people with Yoruba names and monikers. The clown spews ipob hate and bigotry while hiding under Yoruba sounding username..

These ipob villagers no go kill pesin with lafta I swear.. grin grin

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Benin Republic Invades Kwara, Nigeria Takes Over 16 Border Villages / COVID-19: Governors Fume As Interstate Travel Ban Collapses / Patience Jonathan Seeks Support For Buhari’s Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.