Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,350 members, 7,978,115 topics. Date: Thursday, 17 October 2024 at 07:25 PM

Why You Must Know Your HIV Status. NYSC-C-PET - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Why You Must Know Your HIV Status. NYSC-C-PET (947 Views)

HIV Status Is Indeterminate / Family Of 4 Show Their HIV Status: Wife Positive, Husband & Daughters Negative / When Last You Check Your HIV Status? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why You Must Know Your HIV Status. NYSC-C-PET by chizidgreat(m): 3:08pm On Jul 21, 2016
I am a corp member in Oyo state and a C-PET. For the benefit of non-corpers, C-PET means Corp Peer Education Trainer and it is a special CDS under NYSC designed to educate teenagers and youths on reproductive health and HIV/AIDS prevalence and how they can avoid it or manage it if the unfortunate event had occurred. It is sponsored both by UNICEF, USAID etc
Prior to the time I entered camp, I was among those that never cared about HIV test but with my knowledge now, I have seen the importance because apart from knowing that HIV can be contracted through several unimagined means, I also now know that early detection can help the carrier learn how to manage it and live long and even get married and have uninfected children plus prevent the virus from developing into the disease AIDS
Note: HIV can be controlled but AIDS cannot.
Let me quickly mention that HIV is contracted through blood and having said that, let me mention the ways HIV can be contracted:
1.Through unprotected sexual intercourse with an infected person.
2. Through the sharing of infected sharp objects
3.Through blood transfusion that involves infected blood
4.Through breast feeding from an infected mother to the child
5.Through sharing of infected injectors by blood users.
etc.
Now, we advise everybody in a summarised form you take note of this ABcD format
A stands for Abstain from sex(premarital
sex)
B for Be Faithful to your partner
c Use condom well and consistently if you think you can't keep the first two. Note here that the c is in small letters unlike the others to tell you that it is not very well encouraged
D Desist from the sharing of sharp objects

Now, having said all these,, we hereby advise all to make your way to the nearest government hospital and know your HIV status free of charge and get the necessary medical advice. There is no need y to be shy or argue. it's your life. Please, protect your future and that of your people

(1) (Reply)

A Simple Guide To Diabetes Mellitus / Cure Hepatitis B And C With BHT In Nigeria / Great Benefits Of Blood Donation(check It Out)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.