Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,136 members, 7,977,269 topics. Date: Thursday, 17 October 2024 at 01:21 AM

Never Ever Lick An Envelope! - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Never Ever Lick An Envelope! (1353 Views)

See The Reasons Why You Should Lick A Mango Every Day (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Never Ever Lick An Envelope! by Marymos: 1:11pm On Sep 16, 2009
CAUTION

One day a lady licked the envelopes and postage stamps instead of using a sponge. That very day the lady found a cut on her tongue. A week later, she noticed an abnormal swelling on her tongue, She went to the doctor, and they found nothing wrong. Her tongue was not sore or anything. A couple of days later, her tongue started to swell more, and it began to get really sore, so sore, that she could not eat, She went back to the hospital, and demanded something to be done. The doctor took an x-ray of her tongue and noticed a lump. He prepared her for minor surgery, When the doctor cut her tongue open, a live cockroach crawled out!!!!

There were cockroach eggs on the seal of the envelope. The egg was able to hatch inside of her tongue, because of her saliva. It was warm and moist.

This is a true story reported on CNN.

Andy Hume wrote:

Hey, I used to work in an envelope factory, You wouldn't believe the things that float around in those gum applicator trays. I haven't licked an envelope for years, I used to work for a print shop (32 years ago) and we were told NEVER to lick the envelopes. I never understood why until I had to go into storage and pull out 2500 envelopes that were already printed and saw several squads of cockroaches roaming around inside a couple of boxes with eggs everywhere. They eat the glue on the envelopes.

PLEASE PASS THIS INFO TO EVERYONE AND SPECIALLY THE ONES YOU CARE ABOUT. After reading this you will never lick another envelope or stamp.

also let the elders at home to know abt this,
Re: Never Ever Lick An Envelope! by ereyomi: 12:25pm On Sep 17, 2009
thanks for posting and sharing this,i will be sure to inform everybody i know smiley.
Re: Never Ever Lick An Envelope! by Bestglo(f): 12:33pm On Sep 17, 2009
Thanks
Re: Never Ever Lick An Envelope! by MyPeace(f): 1:57pm On Sep 17, 2009
thanks, but who dey post letters these days again!
Re: Never Ever Lick An Envelope! by Basildon1(m): 2:42pm On Sep 17, 2009
This was a popular chain mail a few months back, part myth/part legend cheesy
Re: Never Ever Lick An Envelope! by rubi(f): 3:04pm On Sep 17, 2009
well informed thanks for sharing
Re: Never Ever Lick An Envelope! by agathamari(f): 7:37pm On Sep 17, 2009
this story is still around? i heard this in 2000 when in college. its a joke people like the cats in a bottle
Re: Never Ever Lick An Envelope! by chidyke77(m): 7:40pm On Sep 17, 2009
So irritating
Re: Never Ever Lick An Envelope! by Oluschenco(m): 3:33pm On Sep 22, 2009
nice post
Re: Never Ever Lick An Envelope! by africhika(f): 9:20pm On Sep 22, 2009
oh my gosh!! how disgustingggggggggggg.
but, i don't see this story on CNN. i don't believe this is real. wink
Re: Never Ever Lick An Envelope! by Engine234: 3:47am On Sep 23, 2009
her village people are at wokr! ;d
Re: Never Ever Lick An Envelope! by KennyG6(m): 1:38pm On Sep 24, 2009
i actually know a south african guy who had the same problem abt 6 years ago, It can happen as a matter of fact
Re: Never Ever Lick An Envelope! by infosupply: 9:10am On Sep 28, 2009
good info
Re: Never Ever Lick An Envelope! by Dclique(m): 2:29pm On Sep 28, 2009
Cockroach in her tongue?
Haba, You guys should slow down.
Re: Never Ever Lick An Envelope! by preselect(m): 6:05pm On Sep 28, 2009
live cockroach inside person tongue grin grin grin grin grin
anyone who believes this can believe anything grin grin grin

bottomline, it is unhygienic to lick an envelope. you dont need the cockroach story to elaborate that grin
Re: Never Ever Lick An Envelope! by dominique(f): 10:34pm On Sep 28, 2009
i've been hearing this fairy tale since i was in secondary school, cant believe people are still buying that!!!

(1) (Reply)

High Blood Pressure! / How Do I Build Albs / Najalyn Ventures - Herbal Automatic Blood Increase

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.