Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,747 members, 7,875,861 topics. Date: Saturday, 29 June 2024 at 11:54 PM

Wike Lights Up Wimpey Area Of Port Harcourt(pics) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Wike Lights Up Wimpey Area Of Port Harcourt(pics) (29906 Views)

Female Soldier Buried In Camouflage After Her Tragic Death In Port-Harcourt.PICS / Black Soot Pollutes The Environment In Port Harcourt (PICS) / 2 Politicians Fighting At A Shopping Center In Port-Harcourt (Pics, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wike Lights Up Wimpey Area Of Port Harcourt(pics) by olagamalin(m): 12:48am On Jul 30, 2016
On the tribalism issue. I daresay the endemic & constant bickering between those members who have appointed themselves advocates of respective tribes are being encouraged by the administrators of this group. Their silence on this issue is quite alarming, Mr Seun ...You lay claim to creating the largest youth discussion forum in Africa, yet the proliferation of hate speech and offensive invectives are the order of the day.

One would think a balance should be drawn between drawing traffic & creating a conducive platform for stimulating discourse. You guys are losing it. Here in the Nigerian Law School, guys hiss at the mention of nairaland.... the general sentiment is tribal e-warriors have taken over the site and the owner is simply powerless & ineffectual OR plain opportunistic to seize the proverbial bull by the horn ...and develop measures to sanction members.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
Re: Wike Lights Up Wimpey Area Of Port Harcourt(pics) by azzima(m): 12:58am On Jul 30, 2016
StepTwo:
expect people from the west side to come here and tell us how unnecessary this lights are and how he is oweing 24 months salaries.

[b]modified[/b]Yorubas don't really have anything against Rivers ppl. It's the only the Biafrans .....

see dem trying all best to eat me up.

already labelling me IPÒB.

they won't see those who claim to see no light, they would rather see me who already saw the no light crew coming.

typical westsiders.
Re: Wike Lights Up Wimpey Area Of Port Harcourt(pics) by kobonaire(m): 1:03am On Jul 30, 2016
Giant of Africa celebrating streetlights grin
Re: Wike Lights Up Wimpey Area Of Port Harcourt(pics) by Kgdavid(m): 1:33am On Jul 30, 2016
flyca:
Many projects in Nigeria are funny o. I don't care if it is Rivers, or Anambra or Osun, most of them are same - sub-standard.

Take a look at these "light-up" projects for instance. In the past two hours alone I have seen two on NL frontpage - same - detasteful.

The ideal is to make a good road, carve out sections for lower speed vechicles like keke etc, plus the pedestrian paths, with properly defined shoulders. Then light up the road, to the left and right of both lanes. Both ways.

But No - its not done in this part of the world. Even vehicle head lamps "light up" more than the supposed "light-up" lights. Mounting two poles of dim street lights less than half kilometer, powered by generator is no project and doesn't worth all these media stunts. Plus "our governor is working" crew sad

Naija go better is the slogan. The question is - when?

Honestly, the thigns we are forced to celebrate in Nigeria
Re: Wike Lights Up Wimpey Area Of Port Harcourt(pics) by MURALIDHAR: 2:03am On Jul 30, 2016
Dear Sir/Ma

I am direct to a project Funder who is also known as private lender they specialized in bank instrument lease and sales their funds is purely earned from private and corporate investment portfolios without criminal origin.With the group capital fund which are specifically for lease/sale in form of bank instrument. The Financial institution can finance your signatory projects such as Real Estate Development, Aviation Service, Agriculture Finance, Petroleum Importation, Telecommunication, construction of Dams or Bridges and all kind of projects.

The bank instrument can be use for purchase of goods from any manufacturer irrespective of their location. It can also serve as collateral with any bank in the world to secure loan for your project or to establish line of credit with your bank. We offer Bank Guarantee , all are issue from AAA Rated bank such as Deutsche Bank, HSBC Bank, UBS Zurich, Barclay's Bank , Standard Chartered Bank E.T.C. For more information, Endeavour to contact me as your convenient time.

Regards
MURALIDHAR NAYAK
Skype ID: muralbonds.assets
Re: Wike Lights Up Wimpey Area Of Port Harcourt(pics) by banmee(m): 3:02am On Jul 30, 2016
StepTwo:
expect people from the west side to come here and tell us how unnecessary this lights are and how he is oweing 24 months salaries.

modified

see dem trying all best to eat me up.

already labelling me IPÒB.

they won't see those who claim to see no light, they would rather see me who already saw the no light crew coming.

typical westsiders.

It is not because they think you are IPOB. It is because you are easily dazzled. You don suffer so tey, street light na achievement for you. Bro's, which way na? Smh.

1 Like

Re: Wike Lights Up Wimpey Area Of Port Harcourt(pics) by Akainzo(m): 3:45am On Jul 30, 2016
Based on the Wike supporters screaming that the Kaduna-Abuja rail was GEJ project, can they please also scream that this is Amaechi's project too!

Abi no be Amaechi design, award, pay compensation, mobilise and start work on the road?
Re: Wike Lights Up Wimpey Area Of Port Harcourt(pics) by nextstep(m): 4:34am On Jul 30, 2016
flyca:
Many projects in Nigeria are funny o. I don't care if it is Rivers, or Anambra or Osun, most of them are same - sub-standard.

Take a look at these "light-up" projects for instance. In the past two hours alone I have seen two on NL frontpage - same - detasteful.

The ideal is to make a good road, carve out sections for lower speed vechicles like keke etc, plus the pedestrian paths, with properly defined shoulders. Then light up the road, to the left and right of both lanes. Both ways.

But No - its not done in this part of the world. Even vehicle head lamps "light up" more than the supposed "light-up" lights. Mounting two poles of dim street lights less than half kilometer, powered by generator is no project and doesn't worth all these media stunts. Plus "our governor is working" crew sad

Abeg help me tell dem. You read my mind
Re: Wike Lights Up Wimpey Area Of Port Harcourt(pics) by Nobody: 6:47am On Jul 30, 2016
Ymodulus:
where is the light?; Because i see no light.
may God continue to keep you blind since you are seeing no light.
Re: Wike Lights Up Wimpey Area Of Port Harcourt(pics) by Daplux4: 7:09am On Jul 30, 2016
Ymodulus:

We like it like that tell bubu and aregbosola to build their own road with world class lights
Bad belle people
Re: Wike Lights Up Wimpey Area Of Port Harcourt(pics) by 2eggs1goal: 7:14am On Jul 30, 2016
Wike is trying, but lighting up a road should not be an acheiverment in this present day and age. This should be a basic thing been provided to the people, doesnt for celebration.
Re: Wike Lights Up Wimpey Area Of Port Harcourt(pics) by Jemc(m): 7:16am On Jul 30, 2016
flyca:

I have lived in this part of PH for the past 10 years, and not even a lantern has been installed to light up the area. Your comment about the Street light is either made out of ignorant or hatred on Gov. Wike. The newly installed street lights in all areas of PH are shining diamond bright.
Re: Wike Lights Up Wimpey Area Of Port Harcourt(pics) by johnunor47: 7:16am On Jul 30, 2016
Is nice development try my able gov
Re: Wike Lights Up Wimpey Area Of Port Harcourt(pics) by kryptonian1987(m): 7:16am On Jul 30, 2016
Dongreat:
I swear a lot of citizens in this country is f*ck up mentality. Democracy is not for Nigerians as many are still ancient minded. In developed countries these are done by the council and it's not celebrated but because politicians will steal without doing anything, a mere job like this will be trumpet blown. Until we stop celebrating powerful people and start embracing powerful legacies then we will remain like this, feeding on the crumbs left from our own food.
at least, which one " Adolphus Hitler " don put...
Re: Wike Lights Up Wimpey Area Of Port Harcourt(pics) by NimrodJesus: 7:22am On Jul 30, 2016
Bolustic:

We're not enemies of progress neither are we supporters of corrupt people and DRUG PUSHERS like you all.

When we see good things we are happy unlike you who develop chronic diabetes and heart attacks.

AMBODE set the pace for you all. Compare Lagos lighting to this despite the oil money.
TINUBU IS BOTH CORRUPT AND A DRUG PUSHER grin
Re: Wike Lights Up Wimpey Area Of Port Harcourt(pics) by Akpuoru: 7:26am On Jul 30, 2016
l don't understand the intention of the OP but as someone who resides on that Iwofe/Wimpey road around City crown hotel, this is the state of that road as of today.
The electric poles have installed but have not been LIGHTED YET.
OP you mischievously posted different roads to deceive yourself (not anybody). The earlier pictures you posted are Wimpey/Iwofe road no doubt but the latter certainly not.
l appreciate the governor for continuing with the road. He should work on Aker, Nkpor, Mgbodohia too.
Re: Wike Lights Up Wimpey Area Of Port Harcourt(pics) by flyca: 7:30am On Jul 30, 2016
Jemc:

I have lived in this part of PH for the past 10 years, and not even a lantern has been installed to light up the area. Your comment about the Street light is either made out of ignorant or hatred on Gov. Wike. The newly installed street lights in all areas of PH are shining diamond bright.
You have lived and probably stayed in PH all your life. It is no wonder you are celebrating mediocrity. And I don't care who is who in Nigeria, I am apolitical.
Re: Wike Lights Up Wimpey Area Of Port Harcourt(pics) by NimrodJesus: 7:35am On Jul 30, 2016
flyca:

your comments are needed here thank you https://www.nairaland.com/3253378/aregbesolas-light-up-project-osun/2#48016685
Re: Wike Lights Up Wimpey Area Of Port Harcourt(pics) by NimrodJesus: 7:36am On Jul 30, 2016
Ymodulus:
your comments are needed here thank you https://www.nairaland.com/3253378/aregbesolas-light-up-project-osun/2#48016685
Re: Wike Lights Up Wimpey Area Of Port Harcourt(pics) by NimrodJesus: 7:37am On Jul 30, 2016
YourNemesis:

Both of you, borrow some sense na.
Yorubas never show two people don already mention them
Are they your lords? LOL The fear of Yoruba is real.
mr cone head your comments are needed here thank you https://www.nairaland.com/3253378/aregbesolas-light-up-project-osun/2#48016685
Re: Wike Lights Up Wimpey Area Of Port Harcourt(pics) by NimrodJesus: 7:37am On Jul 30, 2016
tomquest:
Smh. Lack of global exposure is worse than Ebola virus. Why should a mere street light warrant the singing of a governor's praises? As if he installed the lights from his personal bank account? I feel so ashamed and sorry for these category of Nigerians who are best at singing praises.

In saner climes, every local govt authority is tasked with ensuring that neighborhoods are well lit, secured, maintained and cleaned. They don't wait for the governor/mayor. Do we ever ask the criminals at the LGA councils what they do with their allocations?

#QuitCelebratingMediocrity
Re: Wike Lights Up Wimpey Area Of Port Harcourt(pics) by NimrodJesus: 7:38am On Jul 30, 2016
Bolustic:

We're not enemies of progress neither are we supporters of corrupt people and DRUG PUSHERS like you all.

When we see good things we are happy unlike you who develop chronic diabetes and heart attacks.

AMBODE set the pace for you all. Compare Lagos lighting to this despite the oil money.
Re: Wike Lights Up Wimpey Area Of Port Harcourt(pics) by flyca: 7:38am On Jul 30, 2016
NimrodJesus:
Loooool. I saw the thread earlier. Unfortunately, I am not a troll that comments on every thread. That's the reason I summarized all my points in this one - you can see that from my opening sentences.
Re: Wike Lights Up Wimpey Area Of Port Harcourt(pics) by NimrodJesus: 7:38am On Jul 30, 2016
Re: Wike Lights Up Wimpey Area Of Port Harcourt(pics) by NimrodJesus: 7:39am On Jul 30, 2016
Handsomecole:
Where is the light. I guess the OP meant headlamps. If u wanna see confam street light come to Ikorodu road.
lagos is the only state in sw? smh angry
Re: Wike Lights Up Wimpey Area Of Port Harcourt(pics) by NimrodJesus: 7:41am On Jul 30, 2016
maestro360:
op,so to put bulb for street light nai be d tin im do wey you say him work,with the huge money him collect na to dey work sub-standard roads and to carry him convoy dey wakawaka dey go churches and markets say him dey adress his people.RUBBISH
show us the light in ondo state. after all, ondo has the highest quantity of oil than the whole of the SE grin your comments are needed here thank you https://www.nairaland.com/3253378/aregbesolas-light-up-project-osun/2#48016685
Re: Wike Lights Up Wimpey Area Of Port Harcourt(pics) by NimrodJesus: 7:42am On Jul 30, 2016
shamecurls:

Another Samsung Flatron LCD !
why wont you be this aggressive? when your founder is a fallen angel called a cone head lucifer.your comments are needed here thank you https://www.nairaland.com/3253378/aregbesolas-light-up-project-osun/2#48016685 grin
Re: Wike Lights Up Wimpey Area Of Port Harcourt(pics) by NimrodJesus: 7:43am On Jul 30, 2016
jidxin:
children of hate must u make hate remsrks U
Re: Wike Lights Up Wimpey Area Of Port Harcourt(pics) by NimrodJesus: 7:44am On Jul 30, 2016
Iceberg3:

ray charlse..
blind cannot see grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Magu Rejected As PSC Promotes Senior Officers / Omoyele Sowore Visits Emir Sanusi As #TakeItBack Movement Spreads To North / NDA Attack Mastermind Escapes As Troops Gun Down Deputy, Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.