Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,676 members, 7,878,979 topics. Date: Wednesday, 03 July 2024 at 10:37 AM

Cristiano Ronaldo Tops List Of World's Most Charitable Sports Stars - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Cristiano Ronaldo Tops List Of World's Most Charitable Sports Stars (1063 Views)

Cristiano Ronaldo Tops 2018 Instagram Football Celebrities Rich List [Top 5] / Cristiano Ronaldo Tops 2018 ESPN World Fame 100 [Top 10] / World Highest Paid Athletes:cristiano Ronaldo Tops Forbes 2016 List. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cristiano Ronaldo Tops List Of World's Most Charitable Sports Stars by AKAKAK(m): 5:16pm On Aug 04, 2016
Real Madrid star beats Serena Williams, Neymar, LeBron James and Dan Carter to title of world's most charitable sports star

Cristiano Ronaldo has been named the world's most charitable sports star, having donated millions of pounds of his fortune to worthy causes.
The 30-year-old Portuguese star was named by Dosomething.org as the most charitable sportsperson, topping the Athletes Gone Good list of 20 stars.

WWE superstar John Cena came second, Serena Williams was third, while Brazil's football captain, Neymar, was fifth in the list.
"(Ronaldo) raised money for various causes including donating more than $83,000 to a 10-year-old fan in need of brain surgery and giving more than $165,000 to fund a cancer centre in Portugal that treated his mother," Dosomething.org said.

"Ronaldo has also used his fame as a global spokesperson for a variety of causes including childhood hunger, obesity and biodiversity."
The Real Madrid striker earns an estimated £230,000 a week salary, excluding endorsements and other deals.
In May, Ronaldo reportedly donated £5 million to help the aid effort in Nepal following the devastating earthquake.

The Portuguese star has a history of being charitable. In 2004, he flew to the aid of Indonesian tsunami victims after he saw footage of a young man wearing a Portugal shirt with his name on the back.
"My father always taught me that when you help other people, then God will give you double," Ronaldo said in 2013. "And that's what has really happened to me. When I have helped other people who are in need, God has helped me more.”

Athletes Gone Good: sport's most charitable stars
Cristiano Ronaldo
John Cena
Serena Wiliams
Yuna Kim
Neymar
Lebron James
Heather O'Reilly
Maria Sharapova
Mo'ne Davis
Richard Sherman
Charlie White and Meryl Davis
Dan Carter
Roman Reigns
Ronda Ronsey
Lindsey Vonn
Tom Daley
Bethany Hamilton
Saina Nehwal
Paul Rabil
Shahid Afridi

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/players/cristiano-ronaldo/11808787/Cristiano-Ronaldo-tops-list-of-worlds-most-charitable-sports-stars.html

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Tops List Of World's Most Charitable Sports Stars by Dandeco12(m): 6:17pm On Aug 05, 2016
Lovely that's why he is the best so far in the game
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Tops List Of World's Most Charitable Sports Stars by michelism(m): 6:58pm On Aug 05, 2016
Well done C. Ronaldo. Joining you guys up there soonest.
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Tops List Of World's Most Charitable Sports Stars by Dainikel(m): 8:43pm On Aug 05, 2016
Little wonder he's been achieving tremendous career success termed as uncommon luck

(1) (Reply)

Chess Lovers In Lagos Let's Meet Here.. / Meet Paul Pogbas Brother, While A Reader Called Him A Racist (pics) / BREAKING: Flying Eagles Defender Shot Dead By Cultist In Benin City

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.