Stats: 3,174,106 members, 7,890,675 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 06:02 PM

Doctor Jailed For Obasanjo Death - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Doctor Jailed For Obasanjo Death (8471 Views)

Poll: Do you think that an £108'000 fine, 1 year imprisonment and disqualification from practicing medicine for 3 years is a fair punishment for what the surgeon did?

YES: 46% (43 votes)
NO: 53% (50 votes)
This poll has ended

Sad Day For Obasanjo - Bolanle Bolawole (Nigerian Tribune) / PDP Governors Prostrate For Obasanjo Over Jonathan / Jonathan, Kufuor Set For Obasanjo’s Reception. (2) (3) (4)

Re: Doctor Jailed For Obasanjo Death by chosen04(f): 5:40pm On Sep 22, 2009
MUZBO:

How have you been? Never thought about it this way but you are so right. How unfortunate that true justice comes from outside the country, even Saro Wiwa's family got major justice from outside these shores. Unfortunately neglect is neglect but how I wish Obj would be punished for all the casualties of his own neglect!

MUZBO.
    Hope you had a great holis?
Thank God for USA for helping the Ogonis to get justices. Ours is a cursed geographical expression. Is it am Fault that i was born in Nigeria?
Re: Doctor Jailed For Obasanjo Death by chosen04(f): 5:50pm On Sep 22, 2009
chosen04:

MUZBO.
Hope you had a great holis?
Thank God for USA for helping the Ogonis to get justices. Ours is a cursed geographical expression. Is it my Fault that i was born in Nigeria?
Re: Doctor Jailed For Obasanjo Death by greateliso(m): 6:19pm On Sep 22, 2009
good
Re: Doctor Jailed For Obasanjo Death by baekdoosan(m): 7:00pm On Sep 22, 2009
Stella should have done exercise instead of plastic surgery. I think God used her to teach women around the world a lesson.
Re: Doctor Jailed For Obasanjo Death by oneluvb55(f): 7:12pm On Sep 22, 2009
na wa oh.
but she is dead and she is dead.
the case should be closed.
its not the doctor's fault.
its de will of God.
Re: Doctor Jailed For Obasanjo Death by Builder: 8:01pm On Sep 22, 2009
Gawd, when is obj himself gonna die on the operation table, cant wait to be a witness to that
Re: Doctor Jailed For Obasanjo Death by platinumnk(f): 8:05pm On Sep 22, 2009
Builder:

Gawd, when is obj himself gonna die on the operation table, cant wait to be a witness to that

J.Kramer:

RIP stella oh!

But loooks like d doctor did Nigeria a favour cool cool cool cool cool

tummy tuck ni, telly tubby ko angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry

banom:

Someone should close eyes and tell me that this spanish doctor was paid by some crooked nigerian politician to tactically murder mrs stella obasanjo as a warning to OBJ for the third term he was seeking then,

No wonder their was the mysterious Belview Plane crash in ogun State ( obasanjo's state) on the same day.

Was it a horrible coincedence ?

hmmmm. . .

Its so bad that OBJ and family are getting justice they denied so many Nigerians even in a far away country. What an irony of life!!!!
Re: Doctor Jailed For Obasanjo Death by Builder: 8:14pm On Sep 22, 2009
I heard Obj's wife went to spain to tighten her punami muscles.

Anyways, but why would someone of such influence and contact would meet up with a quack doctor to perform such surgery procedure, i mean not that Obj mind that she is dead, he can always service his daughter-in-law.
Re: Doctor Jailed For Obasanjo Death by Olong(m): 8:16pm On Sep 22, 2009
Some people dont deserve to be called one.our first lady died in a foreign country due a doctor's negligence and a thinking person blames her for it?!what will the situation be if america's first lady were to die in our country under similar circumstances?wont they claim we've gone into terrorism and sack this country?nigeria is bad.dont we make it 'bader' by this kind of attitude?honestly,that doctor would have been sentenced to death or life imprisonment if it were some other countries's first lady that he killed.nigerians wake up!!
Re: Doctor Jailed For Obasanjo Death by kok(m): 8:43pm On Sep 22, 2009
What has this news got to do with me??
Re: Doctor Jailed For Obasanjo Death by banom(m): 8:45pm On Sep 22, 2009
kok:

What has this news got to do with me??

hehehehheeheheh, honestly , nigerians are too funny.
Re: Doctor Jailed For Obasanjo Death by sley4life(m): 9:37pm On Sep 22, 2009
No. I dont think he should be jailed. If its so then all medical practitioners should be jailed
Re: Doctor Jailed For Obasanjo Death by comechop(m): 10:28pm On Sep 22, 2009
Oga Seun, you no try ooo! I post this topic first naaaa check the time stamp! Chei u for try make my topic reach front page na! grin
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=326872.msg4588090#msg4588090
Re: Doctor Jailed For Obasanjo Death by iammodel(m): 10:40pm On Sep 22, 2009
i beg, let's put this story aside
Re: Doctor Jailed For Obasanjo Death by iammodel(m): 10:46pm On Sep 22, 2009
make some pipo no make me vex here ooooo. don't we have hospitals in Nigeria? why didn't she check into one of the hospitals in Nigeria? is it not because our hospitals are not up to the standard? why are our hospitals not up to the standard? bad leaders1 her husband is one of them.
imagine imposing a sick man as president of Nigeria, for what?
Re: Doctor Jailed For Obasanjo Death by r231(m): 11:09pm On Sep 22, 2009
i_am_model:

make some pipo no make me vex here ooooo. don't we have hospitals in Nigeria? why didn't she check into one of the hospitals in Nigeria? is it not because our hospitals are not up to the standard? why are our hospitals not up to the standard? bad leaders1 her husband is one of them.
imagine imposing a sick man as president of Nigeria, for what?

true grin
Re: Doctor Jailed For Obasanjo Death by eldee(m): 11:13pm On Sep 22, 2009
baekdoosan:

Stella should have done exercise instead of plastic surgery. I think God used her to teach women around the world a lesson.

sley4life:

No. I dont think he should be jailed. If its so then all medical practitioners should be jailed
J.Kramer:

RIP stella oh!

But loooks like d doctor did Nigeria a favour cool cool cool cool cool

tummy tuck ni, telly tubby ko angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry

Nigerians are still this backward . . .
Re: Doctor Jailed For Obasanjo Death by vikiviko(m): 11:22pm On Sep 22, 2009
Stella's death hardened OBJ to a Principality.

OBJ give your life to Christ to avert hell fire.

And for the rest of you also na end time we dey.

me i don take cover.

lolllllllllllllll
Re: Doctor Jailed For Obasanjo Death by eunisam: 11:56pm On Sep 22, 2009
person wey done die done kpai be that.Oyibe prison dey like government house for 9ja.
Re: Doctor Jailed For Obasanjo Death by sley4life(m): 12:13am On Sep 23, 2009
eldee:

Nigerians are still this backward . . .
na u talk am. What about our leaders?Maybe they ar 4ward.
Re: Doctor Jailed For Obasanjo Death by eldee(m): 12:24am On Sep 23, 2009
sley4life:

na u talk am. What about our leaders?Maybe they ar 4ward.

'If you change yourself you can change the nation' - Barack Obama

If everyone of you changed your perception on issues like this, then Nigeria will be an inch closer to being a better place.

How can someone say a doctor shouldn't be jailed for a clear case of misconduct?? Basic things you learn in medical school, come on.
It takes ten minutes to teach a person how to perform a tummy tuck . . . but you spend five years teaching a medical studentwhat to do if something goes wrong.
Now when a doctor decides to neglect sumn as simple as first aid or calling emergency services in the worst case scenario, he should definitely be jailed . . . forget where he works.
Re: Doctor Jailed For Obasanjo Death by chidimarc(m): 12:34am On Sep 23, 2009
Nigerians! Imagine how you guyz were getting on each others nerve. True stella is no more and justice served, bt dat doesn't bring her back. U are up against d nigerian system cos of a belated justice. Eva heard of d sayn "justice delayed is justice denied" ? If d spanish system is so perfect, what then has it been doing all these years? Instead of criticising Nigeria, I suggest we all pray, work and hope that Nigeria becomes one we all will be proud to call our own. Nigeria is the way it is (not bad) cos we are Nigerians
Re: Doctor Jailed For Obasanjo Death by SeanT21(f): 4:22am On Sep 23, 2009
Is this a joke He gets put in prison for only a year for killing someone. Where is JUSTICE
Re: Doctor Jailed For Obasanjo Death by bilqiss(f): 5:19am On Sep 23, 2009
Punitive measures are sometimes more lenient on medical practitioners. Doctors and surgeons would become too timid if they feel they could be made to suffer greatly from their negligence. I don't think he deliberately wanted to kill his patient. He was just unlucky.

Still, he practically murdered her by puncturing her liver during the surgery. I mean this is a very serious procedure and mistakes should be avoided. It's dangerous enough without being afraid the doctor will make a mistake. I really liked Stella Obasanjo and was sorry she had to die like that.
Re: Doctor Jailed For Obasanjo Death by slap1(m): 8:06am On Sep 23, 2009
Were it in Naija, d doc wud be runin 4 d governor of his state or might even be our minister of health.
Re: Doctor Jailed For Obasanjo Death by StEdwin(m): 8:06am On Sep 23, 2009
texazzpete:

What an idiot you are! Her body belonged to her, and it's her choice how she wanted to make herself look better.

Besides, with OBJ's legendary womanising ways, who could blame her for wanting to look a little more beautiful, if only to re-ignite interest from her randy husband?

Actually, I don't blame you because if you think of the cost of the surgery she had to pay for, and the fact that she had to use tax payers money to fly out of the country, then you won't be talking like the delinquent you are.
I think with people like you in this country, we'll not see things rightly.
Re: Doctor Jailed For Obasanjo Death by Nobody: 9:08am On Sep 23, 2009
She got what she was looking for. How many surgeries she must have done. We wouldn't have known about this if it hadn't happend this way. Na her money kill am. She be Michael Jackson? Make them free surgeon jo.
Re: Doctor Jailed For Obasanjo Death by sley4life(m): 9:11am On Sep 23, 2009
i stil maintain my stance that the dr doesnt deserve jail. This is a profession. Do u know if such investigations have been carried by deaths of people in the hsp 80% of dr will also be jailed. No one is above mistake
Re: Doctor Jailed For Obasanjo Death by ikeyman00(m): 9:19am On Sep 23, 2009
@@@@@

and how many had got the same justice in Nigeria under OBj

yes we shouldnnt let envyness to blab bla bla
Re: Doctor Jailed For Obasanjo Death by sley4life(m): 9:29am On Sep 23, 2009
SeanT21:

Is this a joke He gets put in prison for only a year for killing someone. Where is JUSTICE
justice can be found after death, Maybe heaven or hell
Re: Doctor Jailed For Obasanjo Death by sayso: 9:31am On Sep 23, 2009
so this will become a news,she went for it and what happened was the outcome.
Re: Doctor Jailed For Obasanjo Death by eldee(m): 9:42am On Sep 23, 2009
chidi-marc:

Nigerians! Imagine how you guyz were getting on each others nerve. True stella is no more and justice served, bt dat doesn't bring her back. U are up against d nigerian system cos of a belated justice. Eva heard of d sayn "justice delayed is justice denied" ? If d spanish system is so perfect, what then has it been doing all these years? Instead of criticising Nigeria, I suggest we all pray, work and hope that Nigeria becomes one we all will be proud to call our own. Nigeria is the way it is (not bad) cos we are Nigerians

Erm . . . did you expect the doctor to come out and confess to negligence immediately she died??
The burden of proof is on the system . . . they have to investigate and this takes months and sometimes years.

Senate To Dump Biometric Central Motor Registration (BCMR) / Why Is Africa Less Technologically Advanced Than European Countries? / Us, Investors Plan $20bn Power Plant In Katsina