Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,927 members, 7,872,982 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 06:03 AM

Windows Server 2003 Is Messing Me Up! Somebody Help! - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Windows Server 2003 Is Messing Me Up! Somebody Help! (630 Views)

Spectranet Is Messing Up Real Bad / Starcomms Is Messing Up! / Can Somebody Help With Windows 2003 Server Product Key (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Windows Server 2003 Is Messing Me Up! Somebody Help! by isacolukay(m): 12:36pm On Sep 22, 2009
I am administering a network for a small firm with 8 computers. Initially, I set them up with a Windows XP as the server. Later, the CEO bought a system with Windows 2003 as the server. Now, I cannot view the workgroup systems on the server and the workstations keep asking for a password everytime it restarts. Can somebody help me before I lose my job?

angry cry sad cry angry sad cry cry
Re: Windows Server 2003 Is Messing Me Up! Somebody Help! by mikesleek(m): 4:42pm On Sep 22, 2009
hi,
you should try to be specific on the type of problem you are facing. We are here to help you out. You may wish to give me a call if it's that urgent.
Re: Windows Server 2003 Is Messing Me Up! Somebody Help! by isacolukay(m): 6:34pm On Sep 22, 2009
Thanks Mikesleek.
The problems are that:
1.) I am very unfamiliar with the server OS. There are lots of administrative tools I don't know how to use. I would be gladdened and relieved if I can get something like a user manual or something.
2) I cannot view the systems networked from the server.
Re: Windows Server 2003 Is Messing Me Up! Somebody Help! by mikesleek(m): 8:03pm On Sep 22, 2009
Well unfortunately, this is a server you are talking about and not a piece of electronics. It does not come with manual. Was the server initially configured before it was brought to you? Is it in a domain or workgroup? If it's a domain, you will find the computers you are looking for under active directory users and computers. The password it's requesting for, is it a windows logon password? Where are you located? Provide answers and let's see how we can help.

(1) (Reply)

Plz Who Uses Ubuntu? / Browsing With Blackberry / Who Can List 100 Preventive Or Maintenance Tool Of A System

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.