Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,273 members, 7,881,034 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 11:16 AM

Help! A Wedding Is About To Be Cancelled Because Of Tithe Card - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Help! A Wedding Is About To Be Cancelled Because Of Tithe Card (32695 Views)

Daddy Freeze To Pastor Adeboye: "Pope Drinks Beer And Doesn't Pay Tithe" / Adekuoroye Tolu: "Church Wedding Is Not Compulsory" / Atheist Convention, ‘reason To Hope,’ Cancelled Because No One Wants To Go (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help! A Wedding Is About To Be Cancelled Because Of Tithe Card by laidback(m): 3:53pm On Aug 07, 2016
Father please when my marriage comes let my bride be someone who thinks for herself and doesn't care about big weddings. So when one church starts to misbehave like this, we can gather a few friends to a beach side resort, get a good Man of God to bless the union and then sail away for a very fantastic honeymoon on a yacht (rented o, as I never hammer well yet). wink

This matter dey vex me true

2 Likes

Re: Help! A Wedding Is About To Be Cancelled Because Of Tithe Card by Gossiplover: 3:54pm On Aug 07, 2016
Are you guys FOOLS??
Dont you know people fear their pastors more than they fear God? Do you want the pastor to end the negotiations? Churches are financial institutions...The boy and the girl are fools. Church wedding cannot affect the success of marriage. If I am the guy it legal matters. Except the guy is guilty giving us half truth and half lie.

1 Like

Re: Help! A Wedding Is About To Be Cancelled Because Of Tithe Card by cosade(m): 3:55pm On Aug 07, 2016
IMASTEX:
This world is indeed a complex place. You might be forced to agree after hearing this account. A friend, Joe (not real name) came to me lust in thought about what to do. According to him, he had finalized every wedding arrangement including printing of invitation cards, etc only to be invited by his pastor last week. On getting there, the pastor requested for his TITHE CARD. Unfortunately, he was one of those who doesn't subscribe to owning a tithe card, even though, he is a tither. So, when he couldn't provide his pastor with the tithe card, the pastor bluntly informed him that he can't conduct the wedding ceremony without that record. After much pleading and negotiations including involving some family members, his fiancée, etc. The pastor finally gave him an option of paying accumulated tithe. A two years back log was calculated for him, amounting to hundreds of thousands. Which must be paid before the wedding can hold.

Now the issues is that, Joe doesn't feel pleased been subjected to such conditions. However, to shoulder such task, Joe suggested cutting down some of the wedding activities/expenses but his fiancée didn't accept it. And he didn't quite conform to holding the wedding in his fiancée's church because of the small size of the church building which is even undergoing construction work. Some of his family members are even suggesting to just go for registry after the traditional marriage and forget about the white wedding. All these issues are what is giving him worries.

Please, your matured advise/opinions will be greatly appreciated. The wedding is suppose to hold 20th of this Month. Yet, no valid conclusion is reached.

I agree with his family members but should have the buy-in of his spouse.
Re: Help! A Wedding Is About To Be Cancelled Because Of Tithe Card by buckyfof(m): 3:56pm On Aug 07, 2016
what's the big deal?

is it by force to do wedding @ d church....after u past d money and undue hardship surfaces, who will remember u, all dis pastors that want to b sucking human being dry in this unfriendly economy

just so you knw, out of the top 10 richest pastors in d world, there are 5 Nigerians in that list......just saying
Re: Help! A Wedding Is About To Be Cancelled Because Of Tithe Card by honourhim: 3:58pm On Aug 07, 2016
IMASTEX:
This world is indeed a complex place. You might be forced to agree after hearing this account. A friend, Joe (not real name) came to me lust in thought about what to do. According to him, he had finalized every wedding arrangement including printing of invitation cards, etc only to be invited by his pastor last week. On getting there, the pastor requested for his TITHE CARD. Unfortunately, he was one of those who doesn't subscribe to owning a tithe card, even though, he is a tither. So, when he couldn't provide his pastor with the tithe card, the pastor bluntly informed him that he can't conduct the wedding ceremony without that record. After much pleading and negotiations including involving some family members, his fiancée, etc. The pastor finally gave him an option of paying accumulated tithe. A two years back log was calculated for him, amounting to hundreds of thousands. Which must be paid before the wedding can hold.

Now the issues is that, Joe doesn't feel pleased been subjected to such conditions. However, to shoulder such task, Joe suggested cutting down some of the wedding activities/expenses but his fiancée didn't accept it. And he didn't quite conform to holding the wedding in his fiancée's church because of the small size of the church building which is even undergoing construction work. Some of his family members are even suggesting to just go for registry after the traditional marriage and forget about the white wedding. All these issues are what is giving him worries.

Please, your matured advise/opinions will be greatly appreciated. The wedding is suppose to hold 20th of this Month. Yet, no valid conclusion is reached.

If you are sure that you are not a liar then mention the name of the church. Or are you a liar?
Re: Help! A Wedding Is About To Be Cancelled Because Of Tithe Card by Nobody: 3:59pm On Aug 07, 2016
A church you force people to do things isn't a church. Christianity is not a religion of compulsion. You can't force anybody to do things. Its between the person and his God. The pastor is just looking for who go pay ein tithe for many years
Re: Help! A Wedding Is About To Be Cancelled Because Of Tithe Card by gbaskiboy: 4:02pm On Aug 07, 2016
Pavore9:
Is that Church an extension of the inland revenue service? shocked
Same thought going through my mind. church and money they are like bread and butter

1 Like

Re: Help! A Wedding Is About To Be Cancelled Because Of Tithe Card by otemanuduno: 4:03pm On Aug 07, 2016
[quote author=francotunsco post=48276978][/quote]and u went ahead to use the Vaseline? And are u sure she was truly naked, or you tagged her naked becos ppl in your own church always cover up all their bodies while she didn't do it to such extent?
Re: Help! A Wedding Is About To Be Cancelled Because Of Tithe Card by belcom10(m): 4:04pm On Aug 07, 2016
I jst pulse reading this, tithe is between u and God and not with any pastor or bishop. Malachi 3:8-12. U don't even need to record ur tithe in tithe card or wot is it called. To whom are u recording for? But u can keep the record privately. As long as u ar faithful in your tithe paying u owe no man any explanation of any form, either in the area of documentation or wateva. We christian need to do the right thing according to God instruction and not on man's will or desire.
IMASTEX:

Re: Help! A Wedding Is About To Be Cancelled Because Of Tithe Card by pek(m): 4:07pm On Aug 07, 2016
I attend a church that believes so much in tithe card, I dont. But I pay my tithe. Now, if you dont know, you will think I dont pay tithe cause I never stand up when they are praying for those "special" people that pay tithe. I drop mine in the offering box though marked as tithe. If I were you friend, I won't beg or plead. I will simply go to another church whatever it takes.

3 Likes

Re: Help! A Wedding Is About To Be Cancelled Because Of Tithe Card by Nnachi404(m): 4:11pm On Aug 07, 2016
lies call the name of the church. stop lie lie biko
Re: Help! A Wedding Is About To Be Cancelled Because Of Tithe Card by asaju10(m): 4:12pm On Aug 07, 2016
IMASTEX:

I am not in a position to judge but d only question I would like to ask is this, how did the pastor arrive at the accumulated tithe (amount) to be paid or did he know what he earn as income either daily, weekly, monthly or yearly?
Re: Help! A Wedding Is About To Be Cancelled Because Of Tithe Card by itswell1: 4:15pm On Aug 07, 2016
Crieff:
Mr Man, mention the name of the financial institution.
The bank name no go pass church of devil mission international .
Re: Help! A Wedding Is About To Be Cancelled Because Of Tithe Card by Godsate: 4:17pm On Aug 07, 2016
Use the fiancee's church don't mind the size. You still have time to pass message to invited guest on the change in venue through sending of text messages and and use of social media like facebook. You can also give some vips phone call in addition to the text. People that attend church service are not up to 50% the reception is the main the main. Just snob the pastor and move on. Use youe wife to be church.

It's the day of your joy. Don't allow anything to mess it up for you. There is always a way out. God will see you through.

2 Likes

Re: Help! A Wedding Is About To Be Cancelled Because Of Tithe Card by Bluffly: 4:18pm On Aug 07, 2016
Moreover, Mathew 18:20 says where two or three or more of my followers gather in my name, I am among them. The Bible did not say wherever Pastor is
Re: Help! A Wedding Is About To Be Cancelled Because Of Tithe Card by olaide92(m): 4:19pm On Aug 07, 2016
Pavore9:
Is that Church an extension of the inland revenue service? shocked
bro if no be say na church thread na 4 bottles of orijin I for tell bar man make him give you. but manage two bottles of non alcoholic orijin.for now

1 Like

Re: Help! A Wedding Is About To Be Cancelled Because Of Tithe Card by Ijaya123: 4:19pm On Aug 07, 2016
micfoley:
Which church?

The church is Christ Embassy. I know their style.
Re: Help! A Wedding Is About To Be Cancelled Because Of Tithe Card by mystiqueDZ(f): 4:20pm On Aug 07, 2016
A tale of a GREEDY 'pastor' and a STUPID man!!!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help! A Wedding Is About To Be Cancelled Because Of Tithe Card by iguita: 4:22pm On Aug 07, 2016
Oun pon bebe le lakisa (you are making unimportant things important). If church no gree, biko go court go to your wedding. God recognizes it, government does. Wetin remain?

1 Like

Re: Help! A Wedding Is About To Be Cancelled Because Of Tithe Card by ojnnaco(m): 4:29pm On Aug 07, 2016
Why is the pastor behaving in such a question way. why can't he leave the issue of tithe between the man and his God. or is the tithe for his own consumption?? Things are really happening

1 Like

Re: Help! A Wedding Is About To Be Cancelled Because Of Tithe Card by fortunejum: 4:31pm On Aug 07, 2016
My brother the truth is always bitter and most times our wife to be also contributed to lot of issues. They insist that we must do wedding. My advise to you (if your wife to be will agree) is that you go for court and traditional marriage. Simple
In my place, the most important thing is the traditional marriage. Most of the wedding being done this days are not acceptable before God because it has been defiled. The wedding that is acceptable before God is UN-defiled.
Re: Help! A Wedding Is About To Be Cancelled Because Of Tithe Card by 1kinggy(m): 4:38pm On Aug 07, 2016
Like seriously?
Let your friend make do with the marriage registry.
Re: Help! A Wedding Is About To Be Cancelled Because Of Tithe Card by Nobody: 4:39pm On Aug 07, 2016
What do you call a man that prints invitation card without sorting out church issues first?

Who gave you the date that you put on the IV?

I'm not saying you're lying o. Make person no come insult me.

1 Like

Re: Help! A Wedding Is About To Be Cancelled Because Of Tithe Card by ndcide(m): 4:42pm On Aug 07, 2016
This is a silly thread, created for silly responses. The devil is in this thread. In fact almost everything about it. Now those who claim they have common sense can't use it here.
Re: Help! A Wedding Is About To Be Cancelled Because Of Tithe Card by Nobody: 4:44pm On Aug 07, 2016
IMASTEX:

It is one of this new generational pentecostal church, I intensionally didn't want to mention name.
What should he do?

Cc Mynd44, Seun, lalasticlala your attention is needed to help a fellow come out of his misery
oga drop the church jare wch kind nigerian people be this.. u dey complain for evil u still dey cover am.. abeg shfit
Re: Help! A Wedding Is About To Be Cancelled Because Of Tithe Card by olubenjazzy(m): 4:44pm On Aug 07, 2016
Him not paying his tithe is not even d business of the pastor in the first place. One thing am sure of is that God nver forces anybody to do anything and if God don't force. who is any man that will force me to-do anything (I pay mine tho!) But it's not suppose to be a must especially for a pastor to be telling member To pay or else wedding won't hold. If am the one. I will just do d traditional wedding.....and forget the church wedding...and if it is a must for them to do white wedding, do it at the fiancee's church. (It's not a big church and its under construction doesn't matter AS LONG AS PRESENCE OF GOD EXISTS IN THE VENUE) Please do it there. If the place don't have the kind of beautiful backgrounds you expect to see in the pictures make sure a good photographer take over that day; snap as Many pictures you want and let them edit the background out and replace it with more nice background(you can contact me for that tho! That's my work)... But I STIL REPEAT I SEE NO PASTOR HAS ANY RIGHT TO MAKE IT A MUST FOR MEMBERS TO PAY TITHE. The work of the pastor is to Advice him to start doing the right thing and let God convince him to see reasons why he need to be paying it... That's all.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help! A Wedding Is About To Be Cancelled Because Of Tithe Card by Elebiju: 4:51pm On Aug 07, 2016
mozel247:
wait ooo. Which one b church wedding. I have been reading my Bible but had not seen were it was written as a commandment o.. Godly and biblical wedding is completed wen dowry is paid. I beg to be corrected
you're on point my good friend, white wedding is purely white culture that was integrated into the religion. It is not biblical and I shake my head for those who believe it is necessary, I love JW.
Re: Help! A Wedding Is About To Be Cancelled Because Of Tithe Card by missyadorable(f): 4:51pm On Aug 07, 2016
Who church wedding epp?
The most important thing is the Traditional marriage
Church wedding is just an avenue for the bride to show off white wedding gown and she can do that in the court,afterall the pictures she will upload on social media won't reveal if it was in church or not

My advice: Have a court marriage.Shun the church forever.
Re: Help! A Wedding Is About To Be Cancelled Because Of Tithe Card by Jesuscom: 5:14pm On Aug 07, 2016
tel my that young man he shld go court marriage court aft his TM.
Re: Help! A Wedding Is About To Be Cancelled Because Of Tithe Card by Jesuscom: 5:16pm On Aug 07, 2016
Tel that man he shld go 4 court marriage aft his traditnal marriage.
Re: Help! A Wedding Is About To Be Cancelled Because Of Tithe Card by Larryfest(m): 5:17pm On Aug 07, 2016
Still don't know why i need a pastor's approval before i wed,to me they are just businessmen using the bible for cover up.
Re: Help! A Wedding Is About To Be Cancelled Because Of Tithe Card by joanana(f): 5:23pm On Aug 07, 2016
OP you have many choice to make.

Go to your wife to be church and have your white Wedding there or you go to the registry or go to another church

Strange things are happening these days. A pastor will mandate his member to pay tithe. What is your business with my tithe offering? it is between me and my Chi. Whether I pay or not it is not your business at all.
I don't understand what some churches are turning into... Nna eh. .. o Di egwu. Tithe card kwa..

I attended a friend's wedding yesterday and the time was for the wedding was 12pm. I come dey wonder y 12pm until I was told that he did court wedding and they went to the reception immediately.

As someone earlier suggested that some marriage certificatesare not valid and recognised.

Oga tell your friend that he knows the right thing to do and if I were him I will leave that church immediately. Everybody is facing hardship. It is everywhere even in some churches. What they do is asked members to increase their offerings to help reduce the difficulties not MANDATE MEMBERS TO PAY TITHE

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Malice Among Ministers In The Church: What Should Be Done? / Pastor Tim Omotosho Slammed With 22 Sex Charges, As 18 More Victims Come Out / These Three Church Leaders Were Bound For Hell Fire Because Of Unforgiveness

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.