Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,314 members, 7,881,148 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 01:25 PM

Help! A Wedding Is About To Be Cancelled Because Of Tithe Card - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Help! A Wedding Is About To Be Cancelled Because Of Tithe Card (32696 Views)

Daddy Freeze To Pastor Adeboye: "Pope Drinks Beer And Doesn't Pay Tithe" / Adekuoroye Tolu: "Church Wedding Is Not Compulsory" / Atheist Convention, ‘reason To Hope,’ Cancelled Because No One Wants To Go (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help! A Wedding Is About To Be Cancelled Because Of Tithe Card by andyanders: 7:11pm On Aug 07, 2016
hemartins:
What happened to going to another church to have your wedding.
Or have a court wedding instead and let your parents give you their blessings.

Exactly on point. For me, I will not blink an eye or sleep over it. I will go for the traditional and Court wedding and if possible, go to another church. That Pastor must be a confirmed thief and church robber. The so called tithe when is he going to credit the account of God? Is he not the one that will eat the tithe? Tithing is between you and your God and not man. These pastors now open church and become a sole signatory to church account hence the so called Op's pastor.He must be a 419ner and not qualified to hold the post of a pastor. Since you apologized and he refused, but demanding for the tithe, he was supposed forgive you if he claim to be from God and now advise you or counsel you of the need and importance of tithe.

For me, I will take a walk out of the church

1 Like

Re: Help! A Wedding Is About To Be Cancelled Because Of Tithe Card by IMASTEX: 7:16pm On Aug 07, 2016
laidback:
Guy you just have to mention the name of the church so others can beware and so the church can be shamed or reformed. My church uses tithe card but I've never subscribed to it and I will never subscribe to it even though I pay tithe faithfully. How seriously they take the issue varies from parish to parish and from Pastor to Pastor. Normally to wed in my church, it is your belonging to a house fellowship (home cell) and regular attendance in church activities that they consider. I wonder if they've started adding tithe card.

All these excesses and additions to God's word is becoming very disturbing. It's why I don't bother defending men of God anymore. Let God fight for those truly doing his word, the excesses in most churches has just become too much.
You are on point, my intension isn't to demonize the church that is why I see no point mentioning the name of the church. My interest is to get good counsel for my friend regarding what to do to get his wedding done.
Re: Help! A Wedding Is About To Be Cancelled Because Of Tithe Card by otomatic(m): 7:25pm On Aug 07, 2016
DonaldYusuf:
Why is the guy troubling himself? That's not an issue to be worried about. Why was he even considering reducing other stuff just to pay hunderds of thousands to a pastor who doesn't really understand the bible. Is tithing to be enforced by a pastor? I'm a Christian and this kind of news gets me angry with some so called pastors.

He should simply hold his church service at the reception venue and get his Fiancé's pastor to officiate the wedding.

Gbam!

1 Like

Re: Help! A Wedding Is About To Be Cancelled Because Of Tithe Card by ifeomaekol(f): 7:26pm On Aug 07, 2016
My vexation here is that this guy pays he's tithe but just doesn't have a tithe card--------i pay my tithe but I don't have a tithe card. I don't involve myself with things that concern pastors etc but this particular pastor is trying my patience! How can he say hw won't wed them?? Is he God? Or doesn't he know that he's trying to play God n no man can play God. Who is he bikonu Onye?? Even if the guy is lying, its not in he's place to judge! Wether he pays he's tithe or not let him leave God to arrange him own matter. Pls op tell your friend to have that wedding in he's wife to be's church, he should rem that wedding is but for a day, what he should focus on working n making beauitful is he's Marriage. Afterall how many hours ll they spend in the church sef b4 moving over to the reception?? Infact na d hall dercoration be wia d mata dey start sef---thats wia d wowww of d wedding starts.

1 Like

Re: Help! A Wedding Is About To Be Cancelled Because Of Tithe Card by bukolaoluwaloba: 7:30pm On Aug 07, 2016
This is comedy 'I don't think is real and if you mean it ,the man is not true man of GOD because your tithe is between you and your God and if he knows about your tithe as a man of God he's in position to continue to pray for you not to capitalize on your tithe 'not even your wedding period ,I think is the devil work ,just go before God on your knee and ask God for total control am sure you will bless his name at the end ,my brother you have noting to worry about or fear,God be with you.
Re: Help! A Wedding Is About To Be Cancelled Because Of Tithe Card by iwadobo: 7:33pm On Aug 07, 2016
That is what happens when a man surrenders his life to some mentally deficient being all in the name of being a religionist . How could a man have allowed another soul put him under pressure in a time he is planning to make the most important decision in his life ? Where is payment of accumulated tithe in the Bible ? If a man doesn't pay tithe , how is it the business of the pastor ? Was it not supposed to be the business between him and God ? Well, that tells you that the so called tithe and offering are the reasons you see churches everywhere. They are after your pocket instead of your soul. The two years tithe he is to pay, is it a directive from God or the pastor's decision ? How people turn themselves into pawns in the hands of fellow mortal men , is beyond me . At times, I am forced to believe it even better to be an atheist than to be known as a Christian as being called a Christian is akin to being a fool. If the pastor didn't see that member of his as a fool, he ought not to have given him such insalubrious condition . Tell me that and I tell you ' Bleep u and go to hell'. Simple.

1 Like

Re: Help! A Wedding Is About To Be Cancelled Because Of Tithe Card by ifeomaekol(f): 7:34pm On Aug 07, 2016
IMASTEX:

You are on point, my intension isn't to demonize the church that is why I see no point mentioning the name of the church. My interest is to get good counsel for my friend regarding what to do to get his wedding done.
op u are still here asking questions abi?? See ur friend, see 20th-----pls he should have the wedding in he's wife to be's church, or the reception venue or have a court wedding anyone that pleases them both. Ur friend pays he's tithe, and God knows it----he doesn't deserve this kind of stress on top of the stress he's passing through already. God cannot be mocked, he ll make a way for him out of this in the presence of the pastor.
Re: Help! A Wedding Is About To Be Cancelled Because Of Tithe Card by qleap2all(m): 7:36pm On Aug 07, 2016
Your friend inability to produce a tithe card shows he's not a committed member of his assembly
Every individual belonging to a group must accept and abide by the group laid down rules
Your friend wasn't fully prepared for the wedding, he should have known all requirements before now
What he was made to do is called restitution and never a crime before God.
God support it when he enjoined Christians to give Caesar what is due him and to God His own too
There's discipline in the church, let him accept with love and go ahead with the wedding plans to receive spiritual blessings. It is well
Re: Help! A Wedding Is About To Be Cancelled Because Of Tithe Card by xreal: 7:38pm On Aug 07, 2016
Hmmm, I think I know the church; the founder has about 5 private jets or so.

However, is that the only church on earth?
Joe sef get pride, why can't he conduct the wedding in the bride's church?

End time indeed.
Re: Help! A Wedding Is About To Be Cancelled Because Of Tithe Card by irunoko(m): 7:39pm On Aug 07, 2016
Is that the only church in Nigeria undecided
Re: Help! A Wedding Is About To Be Cancelled Because Of Tithe Card by qleap2all(m): 7:40pm On Aug 07, 2016
ifeomaekol:
My vexation here is that this guy pays he's tithe but just doesn't have a tithe card--------i pay my tithe but I don't have a tithe card. I don't involve myself with things that concern pastors etc but this particular pastor is trying my patience! How can he say hw won't wed them?? Is he God? Or doesn't he know that he's trying to play God n no man can play God. Who is he bikonu Onye?? Even if the guy is lying, its not in he's place to judge! Wether he pays he's tithe or not let him leave God to arrange him own matter. Pls op tell your friend to have that wedding in he's wife to be's church, he should rem that wedding is but for a day, what he should focus on working n making beauitful is he's Marriage. Afterall how many hours ll they spend in the church sef b4 moving over to the reception?? Infact na d hall dercoration be wia d mata dey start sef---thats wia d wowww of d wedding starts.

As it is in heaven so also on earth. Record keeping is key in God's Kingdom
Re: Help! A Wedding Is About To Be Cancelled Because Of Tithe Card by Monday5(m): 7:49pm On Aug 07, 2016
Adonblivit
Re: Help! A Wedding Is About To Be Cancelled Because Of Tithe Card by Jazmiynne: 7:53pm On Aug 07, 2016
Strawman:
The answer to these real questions:

There is absolutely no part of the Bible that says tithing is mandatory/compulsory. It was an old testament concept to support national worship in Israel and help the poor by donating 10%..we are not under any obligation like that.

"Let each one [give] as he has made up his own mind and purposed in his heart, not reluctantly or sorrowfully or under compulsion , for God loves a cheerful giver." (2 Cor 9:7)

The Bible promotes cheerful giving, not necessarily tithing. And abeg how does the pastor expect someone to pay a total of 2 years tithe in a cheerful manner?

If you've been giving tithe, that is good, but let it be because you've chosen to give cheerfully to the church, and not because you take it as a compulsory task; it is not by force.

No..not at all

No

It's disturbing how some pastors have managed to pervert the true message of the Bible into something else entirely. If anyone's noticed, people who frown at Christianity are actually frowning at those who interprete Christianity wrongly.

Op show this quoted post to your friend. I think that's all he needs to understand. I'm amazed that he and family members were actually "NEGOTIATING" with the pastor. Haba! God allowed the Bible's translation into so many languages so we can all read the Bible, see God's clear stand on issues and be freed of this sort of slavery to falsehood.

1 Like

Re: Help! A Wedding Is About To Be Cancelled Because Of Tithe Card by middlebelter(m): 7:54pm On Aug 07, 2016
Tell your friend to go for registery wedding and invite the pastor to the reception. At the reception, he should remember to thank the pastor for helping him to cut down the cost of wedding. The pastor's action has NO Biblical backing. Tithe is a a transaction that is strictly between you and God how the pastor want to get involved is not only questionable, it is an embarrassments to Christianity. I read about tithe and offering box in the Bible when Isreal want to rebuild the Temple, but search the Bible you can't see anything like tithe card. We use tithe box in my church and during my wedding my church gave my wife and I cash gift in a sealed envelop without asking any question about my tithe history. Please ignore the pastor and let him know if he is not careful you will take the matter to public domain.
Re: Help! A Wedding Is About To Be Cancelled Because Of Tithe Card by willibounce1(m): 8:02pm On Aug 07, 2016
Phuck off if you cannot mention the church. Don't come here playing on people's intelligence.
Re: Help! A Wedding Is About To Be Cancelled Because Of Tithe Card by JimiOgunlola: 8:07pm On Aug 07, 2016
Na only that church dey exist? Find another church go abeg. Tithe ko, private jet fee ni.

This is not an issue na. The wife to be have already suggested wedding in her church but the money miss road guy is complaining about the size of the church.
If the church is under construction nko? people sef!
Re: Help! A Wedding Is About To Be Cancelled Because Of Tithe Card by pinkyspice(f): 8:13pm On Aug 07, 2016
Bros run from that church ooooo,cuz ur child dedication is burial levy you will pay for.
Re: Help! A Wedding Is About To Be Cancelled Because Of Tithe Card by smileysmiley(f): 8:16pm On Aug 07, 2016
oga op
considering the Pastor's request sef is absurd... what nonsense that alone is a clear indication that the pastor doesn't have his best interest at heart... your friend should not allow that "pastor" open office on his head... his tithe is between him and his God... I can't even believe that he considered the pastor's request sef... there are so many churches in Nigeria, why should one church be a problem... religious bigots!!!
Re: Help! A Wedding Is About To Be Cancelled Because Of Tithe Card by Irishrena1(f): 8:17pm On Aug 07, 2016
Topgainer:
Some Pastors see themselves as God. Why not?
They have men under their control and have continued to over burden them with heavy yokes.
They have men that worship them.
The principle of No card, no wedding, no burial, no naming ceremony is man's design It doesn't concern God
I didn't know there still was somebody in Nigeria that could reason in the right direction like this. All these things are religion/doctrine made by man to leash fellow man.
Re: Help! A Wedding Is About To Be Cancelled Because Of Tithe Card by Osgilliat(m): 8:28pm On Aug 07, 2016
Is it by force to hold the wedding in that particular church. Mtsww. Church of nowadays sef. End time church all around me.
Re: Help! A Wedding Is About To Be Cancelled Because Of Tithe Card by Nobody: 8:49pm On Aug 07, 2016
Is the tithe now a specific amount? I thought everyone is supposed bring one tenth of whatever they earn? How did the pastor calculate the accumulated tithe?
Re: Help! A Wedding Is About To Be Cancelled Because Of Tithe Card by omosi81(f): 9:00pm On Aug 07, 2016
An0nimus:
OP is it Living Faith? I know we have tithe cards. Let me know
living faith don't have such doctrine, all that is important is that you must belong to a home cell unit.
Re: Help! A Wedding Is About To Be Cancelled Because Of Tithe Card by Lordkratus(m): 9:07pm On Aug 07, 2016
he should go and read Deuteronomy 14: 23 to the end to get the truth about tithe.we don't pay tithe.its not biblical you can read that passage to be sure malacai 3:10 is a reference to what was given as the law of tithe in deutoronomy.by the way that pastor is a thief.
Re: Help! A Wedding Is About To Be Cancelled Because Of Tithe Card by foody(f): 9:12pm On Aug 07, 2016
hemartins:
What happened to going to another church to have your wedding.
Or have a court wedding instead and let your parents give you their blessings.
Sorry pls, but I had to correct you that it is marriage registry not court wedding, they settle case in court and have marriage ceremony in the registry. I won't want you to make the mistake in a public place thanks.
Re: Help! A Wedding Is About To Be Cancelled Because Of Tithe Card by Lordkratus(m): 9:21pm On Aug 07, 2016
qleap2all:
Your friend inability to produce a tithe card shows he's not a committed member of his assembly
Every individual belonging to a group must accept and abide by the group laid down rules
Your friend wasn't fully prepared for the wedding, he should have known all requirements before now
What he was made to do is called restitution and never a crime before God.
God support it when he enjoined Christians to give Caesar what is due him and to God His own too
There's discipline in the church, let him accept with love and go ahead with the wedding plans to receive spiritual blessings. It is well
if I was angry I would have called you a foolish block head but am not so stay well.

4 Likes

Re: Help! A Wedding Is About To Be Cancelled Because Of Tithe Card by An0nimus: 9:49pm On Aug 07, 2016
omosi81:
living faith don't have such doctrine, all that is important is that you must belong to a home cell unit.

Ok I for fear.
Re: Help! A Wedding Is About To Be Cancelled Because Of Tithe Card by ladychioma: 10:08pm On Aug 07, 2016
Go to another church and do your wedding after that go to the registry and do court marriage.r
Re: Help! A Wedding Is About To Be Cancelled Because Of Tithe Card by sunnyside16(m): 10:17pm On Aug 07, 2016
Please just kindly approach another church ASAP. Pastors be feeling like tithe is a do or die thing.
Re: Help! A Wedding Is About To Be Cancelled Because Of Tithe Card by MistadeRegal(m): 10:25pm On Aug 07, 2016
IMASTEX:
This world is indeed a complex place. You might be forced to agree after hearing this account. A friend, Joe (not real name) came to me lust in thought about what to do. According to him, he had finalized every wedding arrangement including printing of invitation cards, etc only to be invited by his pastor last week. On getting there, the pastor requested for his TITHE CARD. Unfortunately, he was one of those who doesn't subscribe to owning a tithe card, even though, he is a tither. So, when he couldn't provide his pastor with the tithe card, the pastor bluntly informed him that he can't conduct the wedding ceremony without that record. After much pleading and negotiations including involving some family members, his fiancée, etc. The pastor finally gave him an option of paying accumulated tithe. A two years back log was calculated for him, amounting to hundreds of thousands. Which must be paid before the wedding can hold.

Now the issues is that, Joe doesn't feel pleased been subjected to such conditions. However, to shoulder such task, Joe suggested cutting down some of the wedding activities/expenses but his fiancée didn't accept it. And he didn't quite conform to holding the wedding in his fiancée's church because of the small size of the church building which is even undergoing construction work. Some of his family members are even suggesting to just go for registry after the traditional marriage and forget about the white wedding. All these issues are what is giving him worries.

Please, your matured advise/opinions will be greatly appreciated. The wedding is suppose to hold 20th of this Month. Yet, no valid conclusion is reached.

Go to another church and marry or go to Court. Such churches are after business not Salvation.
Re: Help! A Wedding Is About To Be Cancelled Because Of Tithe Card by Dfinex(f): 10:32pm On Aug 07, 2016
Pavore9:
Is that Church an extension of the inland revenue service? shocked

Nna mehn! ! the matter strong ooo....lolsss
Re: Help! A Wedding Is About To Be Cancelled Because Of Tithe Card by qleap2all(m): 10:35pm On Aug 07, 2016
Lordkratus:
if I was angry I would have called you a foolish block head but am not so stay well.
Thank you, but truth they said is bitter.
Re: Help! A Wedding Is About To Be Cancelled Because Of Tithe Card by Olokovictor: 11:26pm On Aug 07, 2016
Bro don't be deceived hell is real...REVELATION 20:13-15. GO AND READ IT

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Malice Among Ministers In The Church: What Should Be Done? / Pastor Tim Omotosho Slammed With 22 Sex Charges, As 18 More Victims Come Out / These Three Church Leaders Were Bound For Hell Fire Because Of Unforgiveness

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.