Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,419 members, 7,881,535 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 10:53 PM

Okowa's Advert Celebrating Ibori's 58th Birthday - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Okowa's Advert Celebrating Ibori's 58th Birthday (33927 Views)

Marilyn Gbalahan: Okowa's Daughter Gives Birth On His 58th Birthday (Photos) / Stop Celebrating Ibori's Release --- Uduaghan. / Patience Jonathan Celebrates Her 58th Birthday Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Okowa's Advert Celebrating Ibori's 58th Birthday by khaymillers: 4:19pm On Aug 09, 2016
DropShot:
Okowa's Advert Celebrating A Convicted Ibori

It's save to say Nigeria has no good future with the caliber of leaders we have especially in the SS/SE. I can only imagine what barrage of condemnation will trail this act of wasteful and immoral display if the governor was from Lagos or any of the Northern states.
arrant nonsense dude. So because ibori was convicted means they. Can't. Send him a. Birthday card. When did celebrating a. Convicted person become a crime. When jesus was crucified for carrying the world's sin, was he not celebrated. Abeg carry your itching fingers and look for someone else to criticize and leave my governor alone. My dear governor doesn't need permission from you or any other st.u.pid person to celebrate anybody be it a criminal or a saint
Re: Okowa's Advert Celebrating Ibori's 58th Birthday by Nobody: 4:19pm On Aug 09, 2016
Imagine a Nigeria where the big guys are scared of the youths. Where they're scared of what we can do collectively. Right now, its the other way round.
Re: Okowa's Advert Celebrating Ibori's 58th Birthday by yom2(m): 4:23pm On Aug 09, 2016
princeofpeace22:
Like I earlier and use to say okowa,uduagha ,ibori are all thieves efcc should look into these names and buhari should know that these men are not clean in the recent attacks on oil installation in Niger delta .

Delta state has been worst in under developed state . angry angry
princeofpeace22:
Like I earlier and use to say okowa,uduagha ,ibori are all thieves efcc should look into these names and buhari should know that these men are not clean in the recent attacks on oil installation in Niger delta .

Delta state has been worst in under developed state . angry angry
i agree with ur last line; going by d resources and potential of that state. It fits d proverbial 'wasted generation' of wole soyinka. That state should be like Dubai by now.

1 Like

Re: Okowa's Advert Celebrating Ibori's 58th Birthday by HomeOfMe(f): 4:25pm On Aug 09, 2016
What a shame! Delta state has been very unlucky to have useless leaders. Mcheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew!
Re: Okowa's Advert Celebrating Ibori's 58th Birthday by Nobody: 4:25pm On Aug 09, 2016
princeofpeace22:
ibori only make deltansto know that there is money in the state but he was a criminal ,he stole all the money to united kingdom and they even gave his daughter political appointment. Delta state is a failed state. Ask any worker in delta state knows don't pay salaries,ask delsu staff or state hospital staffs. angry etc

Ogbeni stop talking nonsense. Ibori stole, ibori stole, Ehnn we know but during his tenure he did a lot of things, he paid workers, took health care service in Delta State to another level, executed and completed more than 200 projects and set the pace for more than 500 project which Uduaghan abandoned. Name of one governor since 1999 that has not stolen? Or even local government chairman, commissioner, ministers. Saraki, Dasuki, Burutai, Ekweremadu, Amaechi, Tinubu, even Fayose and the rest all stole. Ibori was only stopped because they know he was heading for President that's why they conspired and hanged his dirty clothes in the public for us to see. Ibori is a great man and will always be. He is a thief with the people's at heart. What did Uduaghan do? What has Okowa done? What did southerners benefited from Goodluck if not amnesty program for his kins men and What have Buhari done for Nigeria as a whole not to mention South or the current situation in this country? Ogbeni abeg park well

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okowa's Advert Celebrating Ibori's 58th Birthday by kenlinzo(m): 4:28pm On Aug 09, 2016
How do u knw this is from GOVERNOR OKOWA? Stop insulting pple unnecessarily.
For the fact that his name is on it doesn't mean its from him. Don't forget, that pix posted can be done and printed from any business center or computer in the world. Its doesn't look like OKOWA at all. That poster looks cheap, old nd just like the person that originated the LIEs.
Re: Okowa's Advert Celebrating Ibori's 58th Birthday by monex(m): 4:28pm On Aug 09, 2016
DropShot:

You've not disappointed with your post!

But just to educate you a bit, one thing is to steal from people and hide/pretend you've not stolen. It's a different kettle of fish when you display your loot in their front. It's like saying "I stole you blind and I'm free to do as I wish with the loot. Nothing you can do".

I bet you, no governor in the SW will do this and not get reprimanded for it. It's enough to lose your seat in the next election. But our SS/SE brothers and sisters will even hail such a governor and die to have him remain in office.

Figure out the difference.

and who told you some of his people are not reprimanding him. The problem is that you see everything through tribal lense.

I just tire for where this country is headed to.
Re: Okowa's Advert Celebrating Ibori's 58th Birthday by Flyingngel(m): 4:28pm On Aug 09, 2016
[quote author=DropShot post=48331418]Okowa's Advert Celebrating A Convicted Ibori

It's save to say Nigeria has no good future with the caliber of leaders we have especially in the SS/SE. I can only imagine what barrage of condemnation will trail this act of wasteful and immoral display if the governor was from Lagos or any of the Northern states.

Guy d essence of creating this thread was to show how Nigerian politicians after d welfare of d masses I think. But unfortunately d essence is forfeited by ur bigoted statement. Please always try to leave sentiment and tribal issue out of any political or economic discuss, it is of no good to us. Stand out from others, I believe it will help.
To d topic, it goes to show how shameless our leaders are. Iboro still run things even being in jail in a far away country and nobody deem it fit to break his monopoly in Delta state. That is why we r still backwards .2019 we need people that can change the status quo .
Re: Okowa's Advert Celebrating Ibori's 58th Birthday by fxskye: 4:29pm On Aug 09, 2016
khaymillers:
arrant nonsense dude. So because ibori was convicted means they. Can't. Send him a. Birthday card. When did celebrating a. Convicted person become a crime. When jesus was crucified for carrying the world's sin, was he not celebrated. Abeg carry your itching fingers and look for someone else to criticize and leave my governor alone. My dear governor doesn't need permission from you or any other st.u.pid person to celebrate anybody be it a criminal or a saint

Summarily, Ibori......Jesus of Delta State.
Re: Okowa's Advert Celebrating Ibori's 58th Birthday by breakeven: 4:32pm On Aug 09, 2016
The ibori mafia is still in charge in delta state. Deltans free yourselves from this end time criminals you call leaders. Wafferians I sorry for una o. undecided
Re: Okowa's Advert Celebrating Ibori's 58th Birthday by Nobody: 4:34pm On Aug 09, 2016
yom2:
i agree with ur last line; going by d resources and potential of that state. It fits d proverbial 'wasted generation' of wole soyinka. That state should be like Dubai by now.

How will it be like Dubai when it is infested with worst leaders, low mentality from the Traditional rulers and serious tribal war among the various ethnic group living in the State. In fact Delta State issue be like " THE BOTTOM OF A DEEP WELL LOCATED AT THE DEPT OF THE PACIFIC OCEAN"
Re: Okowa's Advert Celebrating Ibori's 58th Birthday by BlessedGNP(m): 4:37pm On Aug 09, 2016
Noneroone:
so bad that they celebrating a convicted criminal. But i am pretty sure they are far better than southwest. The difference between ibori and tinubu is while ibori has been jailed, the criminal tinubu continue to hold sway in his region. His people shield him and hail him jagagban. The southwest has the worst set of leadership in Nigeria. The simple fact that they collect far more allocation than the east and yet not able to pay salaries, while most states in the east do proves this. There are ten times more corrupt politicians in the west that there can ever be in any southern zone. So the issue of ibori has been condemned by Deltans. Why will sophisticated westerners get rid of tinubu?

While i dont support Tinubu or any politician that have dip hands in our collective treasury, but i beg to differ on the side that Southwest has worst leadership in Nigeria. Easterners are my jolly good friends , but the extent of leadership produced by the region is no means near that of the southwest. especially since, the return to civil rule in 1999. Southwest, survived as opposition party, and midwived the party to a national one that defeated PDP. Southeast leaders are more divided and also the people have got the least dividend of democracy, in terms of development and infrastructures all thanks to political leaders from that region. South west have produced leaders that have brought about development.....

so lets leave this story, and face the issue here....Delta state government advert on Ibori
Re: Okowa's Advert Celebrating Ibori's 58th Birthday by tg4all(m): 4:37pm On Aug 09, 2016
.undecidedSSHHHHHHIIIII...! SILENCE.
NOW, IBORI IS OUR LEADER. THE ONLY GOVERNOR IN DELTA STATE THAT WAS FREE FROM COMPLAINTS COMING FROM THE GOVERNMENT WORKERS.
TALK OF GOOD ROADS, BUILDING BRIDGES TO CONNECT PATANI AND BOMADI (DELTA STATE'S RIVERINE LGAs ) TO DRY LANDS.
TALK ABOUT EMPLOYMENTS.
TALK ABOUT YOUTH EMPOWERMENT.
DO YOU EVER KNOW THE MEANING OF 'CHOP I CHOP'? NA IBORI BE THAT.
A COURAGEOUS AND GENEROUS LEADER. DO YOU KNOW WHAT IT MEANT FOR ABACHA A MILITARY RULER TO MAKE IBORI A CIVILIAN HIS RIGHT HAND MAN? --DISCIPLINE.
WORKERS WERE PAID AS FROM 27,28,29TH IN A MONTH.
NOT THESE YOUR GOVERNORS WHO NOW PAY AROUND 12-15TH OF THE NEXT MONTH. MEANWHILE, THAT'S IF THEY EVER PAY YOUR SALARY.
GREEDY GOVERNORS THAT SAY THERE'S NO MORE, YET THEY BUY BRAND NEW RANGE AND LAND ROVERS OF HOW MANY MILLIONS.
GREEDY LEADERS. DO YOU KNOW HOW MANY WORKERS HAVE BEEN RENDERED JOBLESS IN THIS NATION IN IS CURRENT ADMINISTRATION? DO YOU KNOW HOW MANY WORKERS OUR BANKS HAVE SENT PACKING?
DO YOU KNOW EVEN SOME PUBLIC SCHOOL TEACHERS HAVE STOPPED WORK?
DO YOU KNOW THAT ONE OF THE STATE GOVERNORS TOLD STUDENTS TO GO SELL GROUNDNUTS IN THE STREETS IF THEY ARE WAITING FOR GOVERNMENT TO AWARD SCHOLARSHIPS TO HELP THE POOR?
NOW, DO YOU KNOW IBORI INCREASED BURSARY AND SCHOLARSHIP SCHEME FOR UNIVERSITY STUDENTS DURING HIS TIME?

IBORI IS ONLY A VICTIM OF CIRCUMSTANCES. IT WAS HIS VICE PRESIDENTIAL AMBITION THAT BROUGHT ABOUT THE ESCALATION OF HIS TRIAL. THE KNEW HE WAS SOMEONE THE CAN'T JUST CONTROL IF GIVEN POWER.

ALL YOU PEOPLE WHO PICK UP YOUR PHONES TO WRITE YOU JUST LIKE. MAY GOD HAVE MERCY.

I'M NO POLITICIAN. JUST A SIMPLE MEDICAL DOCTOR.
I FELT I SHOULD JUST EDUCATE SOME FEW.

IBORI IS WORTH CELEBRATING!
Re: Okowa's Advert Celebrating Ibori's 58th Birthday by komekn(m): 4:41pm On Aug 09, 2016
Sijo01:
Truth be told, Ibori is one of the best things to have happened to delta state...........Okowa is a failure and a slow poke.

I want to assume you are rational, informed, conversant, articulate and possibly educated beyond primary school level.

In this regard can you justify, rationalise please simply give reason for your proposition.
Re: Okowa's Advert Celebrating Ibori's 58th Birthday by DropShot: 4:42pm On Aug 09, 2016
khaymillers:
Brainwashed!
Re: Okowa's Advert Celebrating Ibori's 58th Birthday by Moneytize: 4:43pm On Aug 09, 2016
lovat:
You are calling out SS;SE leaders forgetting that failures loom inn SW.

Lets talk about Aregbesola that plunge Osun into debt that it will take generation unborn to pay it back. Its said he used the funds to build schools but the result on ground shows that Borno state is ahead of Osun in the last Waec

Lets meet the party lover and king of flamboyancy in Ajimobi whose only achievement is kissing his wife and his daughter displaing her accessories like Imelda Marcos. Which tangible achievement can we point out that he did rather Oyo state is buried in debt and workers salaries will never be paid in this dispensation.

Do we need to talk about Ekiti where there is no governor rather a ponmo seller whose stock in trade is delivery of food rations to their citizens.

Ondo is presently in a mess with backlog of salaries and the people turning to militancy to survive.

Ogun state is the centre of World abandoned project with Printers and advertisements agency the only ones raking in profits for printing the govt utopian projects on empty land.

P.S I'm not holding brief for the stupid Okowa because the convict Ibori is holding Delta state down with his godson at the helm but i want you to remove the bamboo In your eyes before abusing SS/SE

Did you just included Ekiti state? I thought Fayose is the lord and grand master of you Ipobians. Your adopted eze gburugburu. The man that can't do no wrong. Hypocrisy is a disease, please seek medical help.
Re: Okowa's Advert Celebrating Ibori's 58th Birthday by Moneytize: 4:49pm On Aug 09, 2016
tg4all:
.undecidedSSHHHHHHIIIII...! SILENCE.
NOW, IBORI IS OUR LEADER. THE ONLY GOVERNOR IN DELTA STATE THAT WAS FREE FROM COMPLAINTS COMING FROM THE GOVERNMENT WORKERS.
TALK OF GOOD ROADS, BUILDING BRIDGES TO CONNECT PATANI AND BOMADI (DELTA STATE'S RIVERINE LGAs ) TO DRY LANDS.
TALK ABOUT EMPLOYMENTS.
A COURAGEOUS AND GENEROUS LEADER. DO YOU KNOW WHAT IT MEANT FOR ABACHA A MILITARY RULER TO MAKE IBORI A CIVILIAN HIS RIGHT HAND MAN? --DISCIPLINE.
NOT THESE YOUR GOVERNORS WHO NOW PAY AROUND 12-15TH OF THE NEXT MONTH. MEANWHILE, THAT'S IF THEY EVER PAY YOUR SALARY.
GREEDY GOVERNORS THAT SAY THERE'S NO MORE, YET THEY BUY BRAND NEW RANGE AND LAND ROVERS OF HOW MANY MILLIONS.
GREEDY LEADERS. DO YOU KNOW HOW MANY WORKERS HAVE BEEN RENDERED JOBLESS IN THIS NATION IN IS CURRENT ADMINISTRATION? DO YOU KNOW HOW MANY WORKERS OUR BANKS HAVE SENT PACKING?
DO YOU KNOW THAT ONE OF THE STATE GOVERNORS TOLD STUDENTS TO GO SELL GROUNDNUTS IN THE STREETS IF THEY ARE WAITING FOR GOVERNMENT TO AWARD SCHOLARSHIPS TO HELP THE POOR?
NOW, DO YOU KNOW IBORI INCREASED BURSARY AND SCHOLARSHIP SCHEME FOR UNIVERSITY STUDENTS DURING HIS TIME?

IBORI IS ONLY A VICTIM OF CIRCUMSTANCES. IT WAS HIS VICE PRESIDENTIAL AMBITION THAT BROUGHT ABOUT THE ESCALATION OF HIS TRIAL. THE KNEW HE WAS SOMEONE THE CAN'T JUST CONTROL IF GIVEN POWER.

ALL YOU PEOPLE WHO PICK UP YOUR PHONES TO WRITE YOU JUST LIKE. MAY GOD HAVE MERCY.

IBORI IS WORTH CELEBRATING!
Please face your medicine and stop spewing thrash concerning issue that are not relating to medicine. What on earth do you mean that it's because of his vice presidential ambition, the question is was he guilty of the crime is he doing time for. Your education seems to be a wasted one as you don't know what is right from wrong. You spent close to ten years in school and yet sentiment beclouds sound judgement. How are you different from an illiterate?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okowa's Advert Celebrating Ibori's 58th Birthday by Moneytize: 4:50pm On Aug 09, 2016
grin
Re: Okowa's Advert Celebrating Ibori's 58th Birthday by joenor(m): 4:50pm On Aug 09, 2016
Lol
Re: Okowa's Advert Celebrating Ibori's 58th Birthday by 989900E: 4:50pm On Aug 09, 2016
#hopelesslyshamelessanddisgraceful
Re: Okowa's Advert Celebrating Ibori's 58th Birthday by abbiboy: 4:53pm On Aug 09, 2016
Noneroone:
so bad that they celebrating a convicted criminal. But i am pretty sure they are far better than southwest. The difference between ibori and tinubu is while ibori has been jailed, the criminal tinubu continue to hold sway in his region. His people shield him and hail him jagagban. The southwest has the worst set of leadership in Nigeria. The simple fact that they collect far more allocation than the east and yet not able to pay salaries, while most states in the east do proves this. There are ten times more corrupt politicians in the west that there can ever be in any southern zone. So the issue of ibori has been condemned by Deltans. Why will sophisticated westerners get rid of tinubu?

My guy no time for tribal sentiment lets call a spade a spade and 4get whr the person is from wherda na tinubu or ibori they are collectively thieves and enemy of nigeria.pls for once put on ur thinking cap abegii!!!!

1 Like

Re: Okowa's Advert Celebrating Ibori's 58th Birthday by frankman365(m): 4:53pm On Aug 09, 2016
Ijaya123:

It is so obvious to know when the SW and the Yorubas at large are the nightmare and master of some. They have no idea how to deal with it than spew rubbish online.

Keep hating, SW keep growing.
Wait which part of SW is developing? Is it Ibadan with all the RED ZINC? Only Lagos, which is heavily dominated by Igbo millioniers, has something to offer. Make no mistake I don't support any tribe (no be tibe de give me food)
Re: Okowa's Advert Celebrating Ibori's 58th Birthday by 989900E: 4:53pm On Aug 09, 2016
tg4all:
.undecided[s]SSHHHHHHIIIII...! SILENCE.
TALK ABOUT EMPLOYMENTS.

IBORI IS WORTH CELEBRATING![/s]

Obviously, your education/miseducation is a colossal waste. SMDH sad undecided

3 Likes

Re: Okowa's Advert Celebrating Ibori's 58th Birthday by Optionalx: 4:54pm On Aug 09, 2016
DropShot:
Okowa's Advert Celebrating A Convicted Ibori

You are dumb. Reasonable people always condemn what's is wrong whether it happened in Jamaica or America. This celebration by Gov Okowa is wrong in my opinion

2 Likes

Re: Okowa's Advert Celebrating Ibori's 58th Birthday by 989900E: 4:55pm On Aug 09, 2016
frankman365:

[s]Wait which part of SW is developing? Is it Ibadan with all the RED ZINC? Only Lagos, which is heavily dominated by Igbo millioniers, has something to offer. Make no mistake I don't support any tribe (no be tibe de give me food)[/s]

1 Like

Re: Okowa's Advert Celebrating Ibori's 58th Birthday by Nobody: 4:55pm On Aug 09, 2016
Wow. Truly incredible.

A serving governor is praising Ibori!!!
Re: Okowa's Advert Celebrating Ibori's 58th Birthday by abbiboy: 4:57pm On Aug 09, 2016
Moneytize:
Please face your medicine and stop spewing thrash concerning issue that are not relating to medicine. What on earth do you mean that it's because of his vice presidential ambition, the question is was he guilty of the crime is he doing time for. Your education seems to be a wasted one as you don't know what is right from wrong. You spent close to ten years in school and yet sentiment beclouds sound judgement. How are you different from an illiterate?

Bros or sista u too much,u just hit the nail on the head...i'm sure the fool u called a medical doctor didn't complete is medical practice...na political medicine that fool go study and not MEDICINE as stated..

1 Like

Re: Okowa's Advert Celebrating Ibori's 58th Birthday by dyn1800: 4:59pm On Aug 09, 2016
bad as he may be, you'll still gat your own person..... sadly the Governor goofed on this .... shouldn't have used his name

1 Like

Re: Okowa's Advert Celebrating Ibori's 58th Birthday by Moneytize: 5:00pm On Aug 09, 2016
abbiboy:

Bros or sista u too much,u just hit the nail on the head...i'm sure the fool u called a medical doctor didn't complete is medical practice...na political medicine that fool go study and not MEDICINE as stated..
lol....Political Medicine. Nna na kwich kain curse or course be dat one. Does it mean he can only treat politicians? grin
Re: Okowa's Advert Celebrating Ibori's 58th Birthday by Nobody: 5:04pm On Aug 09, 2016
Noneroone:
Your obsession with this man called Tinubu will not kill you. If there's any region that's very detrablized even to a state that I don't like then it is the south west. We don't go about singing praises of corruption lords. This Tinubu that you're talking about was tried when PDP was in power but wasn't convicted, even OBJ despite being a fellow Yoruba made Tinubu saw hell and still he survived it.
Before you get heart attack "Jagaban" is a traditional title. grin

2 Likes

Re: Okowa's Advert Celebrating Ibori's 58th Birthday by dondigi(m): 5:09pm On Aug 09, 2016
A celebration of criminality. So a trained medical doctor turned politician can come down and play in the mud? cry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Yorubas Do Not Own Lagos, The Ijaws Do. The Mahins, Ilajes And Aworis Are Ijaws / Atiku Shares Meal With Ex-Classmate Mammawa, During Visit To His Home (Pics) / Fani-Kayode & His Wife Receive Gbenga Daniel In Their Home (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.