Stats: 3,186,070 members, 7,928,240 topics. Date: Thursday, 22 August 2024 at 11:18 AM

Nigeria Vs Venezuela (0 - 1) - FIFA U-20 WC 2009 - Sports (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Vs Venezuela (0 - 1) - FIFA U-20 WC 2009 (13325 Views)

Poll: Who Wins This Encounter?

Nigeria: 90% (45 votes)
Venezuela: 6% (3 votes)
Draw: 4% (2 votes)
This poll has ended

Nigeria Vs Germany (0 - 1): FIFA U-20 Women WC Final On 8th August 2014 / Nigeria Vs Korea DPR (6 - 2) FIFA U-20 Women's WC Semi Final On Wed 20th August / U-20 WC: Nigeria Vs England On Wednesday 10th August @ 11pm (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Vs Venezuela (0 - 1) - FIFA U-20 WC 2009 by toideve(m): 11:59pm On Sep 25, 2009
what is Haruna doin in this team? that guy is so full of himself, i don't see a future in him at all
Re: Nigeria Vs Venezuela (0 - 1) - FIFA U-20 WC 2009 by chic2pimp(m): 12:40am On Sep 26, 2009
Una loose abi? grin grin grin

I don see say excuse after excuse dey fly around grin grin grin.

Una dey blame ref instead of players. Ref tis,ref dat. I laff in vuvuzela grin cheesy
Re: Nigeria Vs Venezuela (0 - 1) - FIFA U-20 WC 2009 by drbiola(m): 12:47am On Sep 26, 2009
we av over 100 million coaches in dis country.
d goalkeeper was number one error no d pitch. Bad composure, bad kick, deaf & dumb, no communication- only in d die minute when he chooses to blame his defenders instead of getting d ball back on field. No input whatsoever, just d normal saves any keeper would av made: dats what they are paid for.
As 4 siasia he kept a world cup winning goal keeper on d bench-ajiboye
,de-cap haruna 4 an inexperience player, threw Tella boys away forgetting dat experience counts av this stage, And he expect magic 2 happen.
We av 2 hit d nail on d head, anybody who expect haruna 2 perform under dis circumstance is just fooling himself, its moral killing.
No blame shifting siasia is solely responsible 4 dis failure- officiating wasn't dat bad.

On d final note, though hard 2 conceive, dis team is not a second round team. , Mark my words. I pray Spain doesn't dismantle them.
Too many 'blind' coaches in nija
Re: Nigeria Vs Venezuela (0 - 1) - FIFA U-20 WC 2009 by honeric01(m): 1:13am On Sep 26, 2009
Ibime:

What you talking about. Okafor was shocking. Venezuelas goal should have been a routine save but his hands werent firm enough. He failed to organise his defence all day, was slow off his line, and his goalkicks were simply woeful.

you must have been sleeping when the first half was on, NIGERIA SHOULD HAVE BEEN DOWN WITH CLOSE TO 3 GOALS IF NOT FOR THAT KEEPER (FIRST HALF)
Re: Nigeria Vs Venezuela (0 - 1) - FIFA U-20 WC 2009 by naso2(m): 1:20am On Sep 26, 2009
drbiola:

d goalkeeper was number one error no d pitch. Bad composure, bad kick, deaf & dumb, no communication- only in d die minute when he chooses to blame his defenders instead of getting d ball back on field. No input whatsoever, just d normal saves any keeper would av made: dats what they are paid for.
,de-cap haruna 4 an inexperience player, threw Tella boys away forgetting dat experience counts av this stage, And he expect magic 2 happen.

We av 2 hit d nail on d head, anybody who expect haruna 2 perform under dis circumstance is just fooling himself, its moral killing.
No blame shifting siasia is solely responsible 4 dis failure- officiating wasn't dat bad.

On d final note, though hard 2 conceive, dis team is not a second round team. , Mark my words. I pray Spain doesn't dismantle them.

Hope you are not Amodu shuaibu?

You are really very funny,so because a goal keeper won the WC 2 years ago , he automatically becomes the first choice. You have not seen where the second choice improves and gets the first team shirt?

What tella boys ? They tried 2 years ago but have you checked on their progress since then? yes I mean from christiantus,edile,lukman,Udoh etc?
Of the tella  boys that played only king osanga tried and that was even in the first half. We know Sia1 would have picked christiantus if not for his injury.

Did you watch the AYC ? Haruna that was chewing gum and showing the highest sense of indiscipline  to lead this team? Did you notice that the team played better with 10 men after haruna left? Yes we lost but your assesment is simply  poor.

So Haruna tackled carelessly because the CPT band was taken from him?
abeg I no fit shout . Na beg I beg you
Re: Nigeria Vs Venezuela (0 - 1) - FIFA U-20 WC 2009 by honeric01(m): 2:38am On Sep 26, 2009
na_so:

Hope you are not Amodu shuaibu?

You are really very funny,so because a goal keeper won the WC 2 years ago , he automatically becomes the first choice. You have not seen where the second choice improves and gets the first team shirt?

What tella boys ? They tried 2 years ago but have you checked on their progress since then? yes I mean from christiantus,edile,lukman,Udoh etc?
Of the tella  boys that played only king osanga tried and that was even in the first half. We know Sia1 would have picked christiantus if not for his injury.

Did you watch the AYC ? Haruna that was chewing gum and showing the highest sense of indiscipline  to lead this team? Did you notice that the team played better with 10 men after haruna left? Yes we lost but your assesment is simply  poor.

So Haruna tackled carelessly because the CPT band was taken from him?
abeg I no fit shout . Na beg I beg you

bro you get time oo,
Re: Nigeria Vs Venezuela (0 - 1) - FIFA U-20 WC 2009 by saintiyke(m): 4:23am On Sep 26, 2009
chic2pimp:

Una loose abi? grin grin grin

I don see say excuse after excuse dey fly around grin grin grin.

Una dey blame ref instead of players. Ref tis,ref dat. I laff in vuvuzela grin cheesy

SHUT UP BASKET MOUTH.
HE WHO FIGHT AND RUN AWAY NO BI FEAR CASH AM. ANOTHER DAY DEY COME
Re: Nigeria Vs Venezuela (0 - 1) - FIFA U-20 WC 2009 by fosbiggy(m): 7:14am On Sep 26, 2009
drbiola:

I dont understand why you are just so Myopic. On the strenght of that second half perfomance, Nigeria can beat any team. Tella conjured some group of boys together for two years before they became world Champions, now Sia 1 had only just 6 months, but that does not mean that in a competion you have to win all your matches, There are slow starters and some are faster starters, but with what I saw in the second half, we are made for the top. Lukman Haruna is a spoil spot antytime any day. two years ago, How many matches did he play? and even now, he prefers Monaco to the flying eagles and its very evident in his play, imagine at this stage he does not know how to fight for the ball, only knows how to throw unnecessary kicks. The Nigerian game got better when he left.
The Goal keeper was reserved keeper to Ajiboye two years ago in u 17, and this time he is number one, do you have a problem with that? remember Dosu Joseph in 1996, after we though that Emmanuel babayaro was going to be the undisputed number 1 goalkeper, then Bonfrere Jo surprised Nigerians with a certain Dosu Joseph. In my estimation, the Goalkeeper was one of the best performers on the day .
we can change the result , we had our chances and did not take them. No team wins a competition after only one match, and remember that we have never beaten a south American team at this level. it does not mean we will not progress.
I believe those boys can go places and with just that luck element , they will be there
Re: Nigeria Vs Venezuela (0 - 1) - FIFA U-20 WC 2009 by eedu247: 7:49am On Sep 26, 2009
Well done venezuela,they show us hw good administration ,consistency in policy and total dedicate by all their citizens can outstage an unserious country represented by few sympathetic patriots.this defeat is an invitation to our shameful sentfort from d comptn which spain will cut d cake 4 us on monday 28 and will eat it on our 49th independeum day against haiti.
Re: Nigeria Vs Venezuela (0 - 1) - FIFA U-20 WC 2009 by eedu247: 7:53am On Sep 26, 2009
Well done venezuela,they show us hw good administration ,consistency in policy and total dedicate by all their citizens can outstage an unserious country represented by few sympathetic patriots.this defeat is an invitation to our shameful sentfort from d comptn which spain will cut d cake 4 us on monday 28 and will eat it on our 49th independeum day against haiti.
Re: Nigeria Vs Venezuela (0 - 1) - FIFA U-20 WC 2009 by eedu247: 7:54am On Sep 26, 2009
Re: Nigeria Vs Venezuela (0 - 1) - FIFA U-20 WC 2009 by drbiola(m): 7:58am On Sep 26, 2009
@fosbiggy, honeric01

If u av any personal prob with haruna, u can well enough settle it outside dis forum.
Looking at dat game technical we lost 2 a weaker side, and that is d prob. A good team would not go into defending in d 2nd half because of a 1 goal lead allowing Nigeria 2 attack, and thats what everybody is claiming, we should not forget that d Ven got 2 one on one chances in d second half and mis fired.
Also A good team would av capitalize on d goalkeepers slow response 2 picking up loose balls which his defenders would av guided well 4 him, it happen more than twice and a good striker would av cause alot of trouble.

There is more 2 watch out 4 in matches rather dan just waiting 4 an oppurtunity 2 shout goal goal goal!!!
Re: Nigeria Vs Venezuela (0 - 1) - FIFA U-20 WC 2009 by drbiola(m): 8:02am On Sep 26, 2009
@fosbiggy, honeric01

If u av any personal prob with haruna, u can well enough settle it outside dis forum.
Looking at dat game technical we lost 2 a weaker side, and that is d prob. A good team would not go into defending in d 2nd half because of a 1 goal lead allowing Nigeria 2 attack, and thats what everybody is claiming, we should not forget that d Ven got 2 one on one chances in d second half and mis fired.
Also A good team would av capitalize on d goalkeepers slow response 2 picking up loose balls which his defenders would av guided well 4 him, it happen more than twice and a good striker would av cause alot of trouble.

There is more 2 watch out 4 in matches rather dan just waiting 4 an oppurtunity 2 shout goal goal goal!!!
Re: Nigeria Vs Venezuela (0 - 1) - FIFA U-20 WC 2009 by Princek12(m): 8:18am On Sep 26, 2009
I just watched the game, and I think the Nigerian players played excellent. It was respectable loss, in my opinion. I think the goalie was excellent on goal; he made excellent saves. They created many chances but were unfortunate not to get one in. There is no cause for alarm since the tournament is just starting and the team has both quality players and a good coach.
Re: Nigeria Vs Venezuela (0 - 1) - FIFA U-20 WC 2009 by ProfJYK(m): 8:27am On Sep 26, 2009
The journey isnt always smooth @ d begining. But dem nid buckle up sha
Re: Nigeria Vs Venezuela (0 - 1) - FIFA U-20 WC 2009 by Dfash(m): 8:54am On Sep 26, 2009
Well done venezuela,they show us hw good administration ,consistency in policy and total dedicate by all their citizens can outstage an unserious country represented by few sympathetic patriots.this defeat is an invitation to our shameful sentfort from d comptn which spain will cut d cake 4 us on monday 28 and will eat it on our 49th independeum day against haiti

you must be one of the no-landers from isreal, we are Nigerians and we believe dt winners are not those who don't fall but who get up and keep going irrespective of numbers of their fallS untill SUCCESS is achieved.

Maybe i should remind you dt WINNING,DRAW and LOSING are part of the game of football, and whichever comes the way of your team pleaseeeeeeeee (extremists like you) accept it in good faith and move on . that's the spirit of the game.

AND TO THOSE WHO BELIEVE NAIJA CAN STILL MOVE ON

UP NIGERIA!!!!!!!!!!!!!! it is not over until it is OVERRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!
one love

Re: Nigeria Vs Venezuela (0 - 1) - FIFA U-20 WC 2009 by Pancs(m): 8:58am On Sep 26, 2009
D ref cost us dat game
Re: Nigeria Vs Venezuela (0 - 1) - FIFA U-20 WC 2009 by RuuDie(m): 9:07am On Sep 26, 2009
How is Siasia different from Amodu now

From what I saw, he didn't seem to say much; all the activity was coming from his assistant - if na Amodu we for don rake, rake sotey wan comot im head. . . . me I blame Siasia oh!
Re: Nigeria Vs Venezuela (0 - 1) - FIFA U-20 WC 2009 by segzz5: 9:19am On Sep 26, 2009
Did anybody notice that in the first half Mr.Siasia paired ALFA and HARUNA in the middle, and a particular guy named NWANKWO was playing Central defence, I noticed the guy's touches in the first half and i was like this alfa guy no dey pass go front make dem commot am put this Nwankwo there, then second half after Arrogant HARUNA was sent off, SIA1 brought in D EDET guy for Alfa and pushed Nwankwo to the middle which was a great thing to do, we could see a better play in the 2nd half due to the subst. I was like AHHHH see better midfielder wey dey play defence since ooo, then i thot that SIASIA would have noticed the NWANKWO guy is better in the middle but due to the fact that ALFA and HARUNA don dey play together since he went for the two of them in the first half and made us Lost due to d rubbish midfield play from ALFA and HARUNA,
MAKE SIASIA USE D RIGHT PLAYERS AGAINST SPAIN O!!! USE D PEOPLE WHO PERFORM IN TRAIN!!!
Re: Nigeria Vs Venezuela (0 - 1) - FIFA U-20 WC 2009 by 55gal(m): 9:58am On Sep 26, 2009
ALL UR PREDICTION FAILED!

THIS IS THE RESULT U GET WHEN U DO NOT USE OVER AGE PLAYERS IN NIG.
BUT I HONESTLY DOUBT THE AGE OF NO 7 FOR VEN;THAT GUY IS A PAPA.
HARUNA ,PRIDE IS KILLING UR CAREER FASTER THAN KNOW.
SAMSON SIASIA SHOULD ALLOW THE BOYS TO PLAY THE POSITION THEY CAN PLAY BEST!
THERE IS HOPE.
Re: Nigeria Vs Venezuela (0 - 1) - FIFA U-20 WC 2009 by kshow1(m): 10:22am On Sep 26, 2009
It's a pity i didn't watch the match.
AS IT EVER OCCUR TO YOU THAT ALL THE PAST GLORIES WE GET FROM AGE GROUP COMPETITIONS WAS AS A RESULT OF NIGERIA FIELDING OVER-AGED PLAYERS ?
Re: Nigeria Vs Venezuela (0 - 1) - FIFA U-20 WC 2009 by ajadrage: 10:45am On Sep 26, 2009
Now wey the bubble don burst, I hope we can become more realistic now and realise that preparation and actual performance are the things that generate results. However, it ain;t too late for this team tho. Siasia and the lads can pick emselves up from this setback and actually do a good job. The team has quality, but dem still wan dey play to the gallery, no no be so. . .
Re: Nigeria Vs Venezuela (0 - 1) - FIFA U-20 WC 2009 by kayality: 11:21am On Sep 26, 2009
HELLO
PLEASE CAN SOMEONE TEL ME, HOW MANY YELLOW CARD WAS AWARDED TO NIGERIA BY THAT  USELESS REF, ONE OF THE BEST EUROPEAN REF, NO WARNING TO PLAYER JUST YELLOW LIKE UP COMING REF

@[quote author=Ibime

A list of injured players among whom were playmakers Rabiu Ibrahim and first choice goalkeeper, Dele Ajiboye also depleted the Flying Eagles’ squad.
Re: Nigeria Vs Venezuela (0 - 1) - FIFA U-20 WC 2009 by 55gal(m): 11:37am On Sep 26, 2009
[color=#006600]HELLO
PLEASE CAN SOMEONE TEL ME, HOW MANY YELLOW CARD WAS AWARDED TO NIGERIA BY THAT USELESS REF, ONE OF THE BEST EUROPEAN REF, NO WARNING TO PLAYER JUST YELLOW LIKE UP COMING REF

]GUY, 4GET DAT TALK,D REF. JUST DID HIS JOB.BLAME UR TEAM!
Re: Nigeria Vs Venezuela (0 - 1) - FIFA U-20 WC 2009 by zenus(m): 11:49am On Sep 26, 2009
any hope for this team to go thru to the next round?
Re: Nigeria Vs Venezuela (0 - 1) - FIFA U-20 WC 2009 by kayality: 11:55am On Sep 26, 2009
We can still make guy
Re: Nigeria Vs Venezuela (0 - 1) - FIFA U-20 WC 2009 by oluomo12(m): 12:00pm On Sep 26, 2009
who are we going to blame?

are we going to blame the players for not playing well in the first half, or the ref that was dashing out cards to our player, or the coach,

what is going to happen against spain,
Re: Nigeria Vs Venezuela (0 - 1) - FIFA U-20 WC 2009 by nastydamus(m): 12:36pm On Sep 26, 2009
IMHO: Our 2nd half by far compensated for our 1st half (except 4 lack of a goal of course). Our right back (can't recall his name) was sloppy and I think he was the cause of our keeper's anxiety. We REALLY need to 4get about aerial balls, at least 4 now coz @ a point, our wingers were sending balls in2 d venezuelan box n no Naija playa was even jumping, let alone using 'em. The ref overlooked a couple of hand balls in d venezuelan 18 but was quick 2 dole out cards in our direction, I think he was a bit biased. Our defenders n strikers need 2 b reminded about their roles on d pitch, if by any chance they've 4gotten. We still have a say in this tourney. Again, just my 2 cents!!! Forza Naija.[color=][/color]
Re: Nigeria Vs Venezuela (0 - 1) - FIFA U-20 WC 2009 by azeeza(f): 12:39pm On Sep 26, 2009
the ref is against us 3yellow and 1 red haba.
Re: Nigeria Vs Venezuela (0 - 1) - FIFA U-20 WC 2009 by Kelvinj(m): 12:44pm On Sep 26, 2009
if we are talkn of d better side, 9ja waz bt as mourinho would say 'if u like play ugly football the most important thing is the 3pts' & dat waz exactly wat VEN did.
Well, we still get hope.
Re: Nigeria Vs Venezuela (0 - 1) - FIFA U-20 WC 2009 by azeeza(f): 12:49pm On Sep 26, 2009
YEA,WE STILL GET HOPE
Re: Nigeria Vs Venezuela (0 - 1) - FIFA U-20 WC 2009 by Scofield007(m): 12:58pm On Sep 26, 2009
I said it before and i mon say it again, Naija's not going to work. Dont blame those guys, they didn't want to lose. I kept on praying they dont equalise yesterday. Let the govt lose in every aspect as long as they keep paying those guys, who cares if they lose.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

800 And Counting : Manchester United Celebrate C.ronaldo [video] / ‘joshua Will Beat Fury, Wilder Mercilessly’ / Jordan Henderson Wins Football Writers' Men's Footballer Of The Year

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55