Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,110 members, 7,928,394 topics. Date: Thursday, 22 August 2024 at 01:23 PM

Nigeria Vs Venezuela (0 - 1) - FIFA U-20 WC 2009 - Sports (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Vs Venezuela (0 - 1) - FIFA U-20 WC 2009 (13330 Views)

Poll: Who Wins This Encounter?

Nigeria: 90% (45 votes)
Venezuela: 6% (3 votes)
Draw: 4% (2 votes)
This poll has ended

Nigeria Vs Germany (0 - 1): FIFA U-20 Women WC Final On 8th August 2014 / Nigeria Vs Korea DPR (6 - 2) FIFA U-20 Women's WC Semi Final On Wed 20th August / U-20 WC: Nigeria Vs England On Wednesday 10th August @ 11pm (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Vs Venezuela (0 - 1) - FIFA U-20 WC 2009 by Scofield007(m): 12:58pm On Sep 26, 2009
I said it before and i mon say it again, Naija's not going to work. Dont blame those guys, they didn't want to lose. I kept on praying they dont equalise yesterday. Let the govt lose in every aspect as long as they keep paying those guys, who cares if they lose.
Re: Nigeria Vs Venezuela (0 - 1) - FIFA U-20 WC 2009 by azeeza(f): 1:05pm On Sep 26, 2009
pls dnt sound like dat,we are only prayin 4 their success, atleast 2 wipe our tears of not goin 2 world cup.they are far better dan super eagle players.all hope is nt lost i no our next game will be quite different 4rm the first game.
Re: Nigeria Vs Venezuela (0 - 1) - FIFA U-20 WC 2009 by adebayo201: 1:08pm On Sep 26, 2009
azeeza:

the ref is against us 3yellow and 1 red haba.
\9ja must av sumtin to say sao as to cover the fault. if it as being against the vene and at d same tyme they lose, wat will u du or say.
the problem is 4rm the top wu choose playaz 4 coach.
Re: Nigeria Vs Venezuela (0 - 1) - FIFA U-20 WC 2009 by ProAnti: 1:44pm On Sep 26, 2009
I missed the first half of the game but saw a fantastic second half.
I didnt know Nigeria was playing 10 against 11 until d commentator mentioned it.
Nigeria was the better side. But I seriously doubt our ability to defeat Spain.

The problem isnt the coach, the problem is Haruna Lukman whose career would die if he doesnt throw away his pride.
Re: Nigeria Vs Venezuela (0 - 1) - FIFA U-20 WC 2009 by tunslala(m): 2:09pm On Sep 26, 2009
for off man!! foolish nigr, s
Re: Nigeria Vs Venezuela (0 - 1) - FIFA U-20 WC 2009 by chic2pimp(m): 2:10pm On Sep 26, 2009
saintiyke:

SHUT UP BASKET MOUTH.
HE WHO FIGHT AND RUN AWAY NO BI FEAR CASH AM. ANOTHER DAY DEY COME
May the god of thunder strike your dirty stinky mouth. Ewu Ara.
Re: Nigeria Vs Venezuela (0 - 1) - FIFA U-20 WC 2009 by Redman44(m): 2:23pm On Sep 26, 2009
I can remember that Coach Siasia complained to the Nigerian Media at a certain period that he did not have a team. The 5 Nation tourney in Egypt revealed a lot about the Flying Eagles Squad. After the loss 1-3 loss to Guatemala, it was obvious that the team did not have a solid bench sad sad SiaOne had decided to rest some first team players against the Guatemalans, thinking that they would be easy to defeat. After the humiliating defeat to the South Americans, Siasia decamped a good number of the guys that played the game.

The problem with this current squad is deep and is hydra headed. There was no time for proper blending with some players just arriving in camp early this month. A lot of the Tella boys had become rusty with age [ you know what I'm saying ] and lack of first team football at their various clubs. Some were also not commited e.g Chrisantus, Ganiyu Oseni etc during the training camp in Qatar and Abuja, Nigeria. Chrisantus, Ganiyu Oseni et al were not present at the Pre-tournament training camps. What can the poor coach do? On top of it all, the two strong defenders he put his faith in messed him up I'm not trying to make excuses for Siasia, but how come Kingsley Udoh and Alex Nkume failed the Nation at the last minute? How could they be so stupid not to know the hassles of Visas and entry specifications? Alex Nkume on his part had been so selfish and I'm happy he did not make the team tongue tongue He stole out of camp to Europe for trials with some European clubs without Siasia's knowledge and consent. Nkume should have stayed with the team and prepared for the ongoing tourney knowing that he would be signed by a top club if he played well in Egypt. Short sightedness killed him.

Kingsley Udoh did not also spend enough time in camp with the other boys. He kept going to Europe and coming back to camp. He did not even study his schengen visa properly to notice that it was only valid for a single entry sad This also brings to the fore the state of the organization of Nigerian football. What was the protocol and logistic department of the NFF doing? Is the department not responsible for checking the passports and travel documents of the players, ensuring in the process that the players had the correct passports and visas? It just shows that we are not ready to take on the world sad sad The NFF is a grossly irresponsible organization and they have to take the blame for some of the problems the Flying Eagles are facing. What attempts were made by Sani Lulu, Taiwo Ogunjobi and co to ensure that the Spanish Embassy grants visas to Udoh and Nkume within 48 hours? Afterall, the two guys had travelled to Europe before!! Their passports were not virgin and they had the visas of other countries in them. It just shows that the NFF guys do not wish Siasia well. If the NFF had talked to the Presidency, top Government Officials would have spoken to the Spanish Ambassador and the Visas would have been issued in hours. Fastracking, so to speak, Nairalanders. I have had visas fast-tracked for me just by letters from Strong Organizations, not to talk of the Nigerian Government.  

All hope is not lost, mates. I dreamt last night that we beat Spain 1-0 cool cool I hope and pray the dream will come true. I see the team getting better in the next match with Gbolahan Salami and Rabiu Ibrahim starting against the Spaniards. Don't underestimate Siasia and his way of thinking. Spain is beatable and we'll get to the 2nd round. Cheers All.
Re: Nigeria Vs Venezuela (0 - 1) - FIFA U-20 WC 2009 by U1(m): 2:30pm On Sep 26, 2009
My people, I think we need to start prayer and fasting (those who can) for these Flying Eagles to qualify. From what I'm seeing, we can only qualify if there is any hope the best third-placed team. I don't see Venezuela not beating Tahiti after the 8-0 mauling they got from Spain, and I cannot boldly say that we will beat the Spanish team with their 4-2-3-1 formation.

Maybe na Yaradua's bad luck be dis.
Re: Nigeria Vs Venezuela (0 - 1) - FIFA U-20 WC 2009 by qkman: 2:54pm On Sep 26, 2009
Our football is falling apart just like everything else.
Re: Nigeria Vs Venezuela (0 - 1) - FIFA U-20 WC 2009 by U1(m): 3:08pm On Sep 26, 2009
chic2pimp:

May the god of thunder strike your dirty stinky mouth. Ewu Ara.

Chei! E be like say this one na curse o shocked shocked shocked Epe!!! shocked Na Jesus go save you. ***Dodges and runs off*** lipsrsealed
Re: Nigeria Vs Venezuela (0 - 1) - FIFA U-20 WC 2009 by benzinho(m): 3:22pm On Sep 26, 2009
No 1 is saying anything about yesterday score line , Why?
Re: Nigeria Vs Venezuela (0 - 1) - FIFA U-20 WC 2009 by totalfact(m): 3:50pm On Sep 26, 2009
Dear friends,
All hope is not lost yet!
What I believe is that, these crops of players are far better than super chickens! The mafias!
Re: Nigeria Vs Venezuela (0 - 1) - FIFA U-20 WC 2009 by benzinho(m): 3:58pm On Sep 26, 2009
nija football don tire me. i did not even care to watch the game.
Re: Nigeria Vs Venezuela (0 - 1) - FIFA U-20 WC 2009 by Redman44(m): 4:35pm On Sep 26, 2009
Tournaments are always full of surprises. That is why I'm not giving up on Siasia and his boys. Spain annihilated Tahiti but the Spaniards can't do that against us. They themselves know that. We should not be too quick in predicting that Venezuela will beat Tahiti easily. Unfancied teams always act like spoilers in the last matches because they want to bow out of the tournament with their pride upheld. Saudi Arabia did the same thing at the 1998 World Cup. The Nigeria vs Spain game will be one of the best matches of the competition cool cool There is no doubt about that. I wish I  can catch a flight to Egypt and deliver a 10 mins motivational speech to our boys and Coach Samson Siasia. It is just that I have a hectic schedule at the moment. We can beat Spain and go all the way to the finals. Yes, we can lift the cup. The short speech goes like this:

'' I want you all to take your minds off that painful loss to Venezuela. That game has been played and lost. You have another match before you. It is against Spain. As I look at your faces, I'm not seeing losers. I'm seeing a team of passionate Nigerian football players who have got what it takes to win this competition. No team can beat you unless you allow them to. In 1998, nobody gave Nigeria a chance to beat Spain at the World Cup. But we did it. I know most of you in this room have seen Sunday Oliseh's goal that Zubizaretti failed to stop. That goal decided the match. Right now, Sunday Oliseh is watching you play in this competition. I want you to file out against Spain with his goal and victory celebration against the Spanish in 1998 etched on your minds. I want you to play the match of your life against Spain and make 150 million Nigerians happy. You are the Flying Eagles of Nigeria. You are a team with a strong pedigree in the U-20 Competition. It is in this same tourney in 1989 that Christopher Nwosu did the unthinkable. If we had lost against Czechoslovakia in the last group game, the miracle of Damman would not have happened. Your predecessors were down 0-1 to Czechoslovakia and it looked as if they won't qualify for the quaterfinals. I was 11 years old then and I thought Nigeria was out. Then Nwosu collected the ball in midfield and started a solo run to score a wonderful equaliser that took us to the Quater-Finals. You can beat Spain and go on to lift the trophy next month. Forget about your problems as a team and think of the possibility of winning the cup. No team is perfect and I'm telling you that you are winners. You have come a long way to crash out like that. Everybody is talking about the Egyptian team, the Spaniards and the Brazilians. These teams are not better than you. They have their own problems too. They are beatable over and over again. Now, I want you to go out there and teach Spain a football lesson they won't forget. You families, friends, relatives and 150 million Nigerians are solidly behind you. Go out there and win. Thank You''

That would be my speech to the Flying Eagles and Coach Samson Siasia. Cheers.
Re: Nigeria Vs Venezuela (0 - 1) - FIFA U-20 WC 2009 by mreds: 4:50pm On Sep 26, 2009
Well said redman44. The german team dat i tipped as likely winners are 3-0 up against Usa. About 5mins left.
Re: Nigeria Vs Venezuela (0 - 1) - FIFA U-20 WC 2009 by Undispu3rd(m): 5:07pm On Sep 26, 2009
Seems like everything about the "gaint" of Africa need A REBRAND
Re: Nigeria Vs Venezuela (0 - 1) - FIFA U-20 WC 2009 by chic2pimp(m): 5:10pm On Sep 26, 2009
U1:

Chei! E be like say this one na curse o shocked shocked shocked Epe!!! shocked Na Jesus go save you. ***Dodges and runs off*** lipsrsealed
It no be my fault nah ,abi? grin cheesy

The bobo vex me jare.
Re: Nigeria Vs Venezuela (0 - 1) - FIFA U-20 WC 2009 by FBS: 5:16pm On Sep 26, 2009
Updates:

Spain 8 - 0 Tahiti (kai, Moi no fit shout ooh- Grin)
USA 0 - 3 Germany

Up Next: (26-Sept-09)
Cameroon vs Korea Republic (16:45 GMT)
Ghana vs Uzbekistan (16:45 GMT)
England vs Uruguay (19:30 GMT)

Follow the matches here:
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-326927.192.html#msg4615881
Re: Nigeria Vs Venezuela (0 - 1) - FIFA U-20 WC 2009 by ikennahill: 12:17am On Sep 27, 2009
Those boys tried,10men to 11 no be small thing,ball possesion is 68 for naija,they were not just lucky and made a lot of mistake first half. I pray tahiti defeats venezuela,because our match with spain na cracker ,spain dont have much to loose but we have all to loose.we go win spain sha.those boys are 20times better than super eagles,at least u see them try all within their reach to equalise. the ref intimidadted our boys,lukman haruna is full of himself yet he is nothing,he look like adebayo,may God save him.
Re: Nigeria Vs Venezuela (0 - 1) - FIFA U-20 WC 2009 by otokx(m): 10:51am On Sep 27, 2009
Nigeria jaga jaga; everything scatter scatter
Re: Nigeria Vs Venezuela (0 - 1) - FIFA U-20 WC 2009 by kolaoloye(m): 7:46pm On Sep 27, 2009
otokx:

Nigeria jaga jaga; everything scatter scatter

Don't conclude yet,Siasia is the best coach in Africa.
We are rising up again.Spain can not stop us.
Re: Nigeria Vs Venezuela (0 - 1) - FIFA U-20 WC 2009 by saworoide: 8:43pm On Sep 27, 2009
The Nigeria team obviously underrated Venezuela in the 1st half. We were the better side in the 2nd half despite playing with 10 men. I believe if we pick a draw against Spain, we could go all out against Tahiti in our last group game. I trust Siasia to do the needful.
Re: Nigeria Vs Venezuela (0 - 1) - FIFA U-20 WC 2009 by FBS: 6:53am On Sep 28, 2009
Siasia made a mistake in the first half by with his selection.
Defense was shaky and this was because the main player (Obiora Nwankwo) commandeering the defense was no defender at all.
Naturally, he is a midfielder and you could see that the moment he switched to his natural role they played better. I assume Siasia decided to play him in the defense in order to accomodate another MF (Haruna Lukman) but his tactics failed. There was simply no link between defense and attack. They were cut off completely.
Lets us hope that it wont repeat itself.

@mukina2- village girl  tongue: Can't you just edit the topic to reflect today's match instead of creating a new thread?

Meanwhile. . .
Siasia charges decimated Flying Eagles

Goalkeeper Dele Ajiboye, midfielders Rabiu Ibrahim and Harmony Ikande as well as defender Mohammed Shagari are all out injured for the Flying Eagles ahead of Monday's decisive group game against Spain while Haruna Lukman is suspended after picking up a red card in the opening game against Venezuela.

But Samson Siasia is not allowing his wards to feel sorry for themselves and has charged them to be more precise in front of goal when they come up against the Spaniards, who comfortably routed Tahiti 3-0 on the same day Nigeria fell 0-1 to the South Americans.

“This is a big tournament and you must learn to take your chances. There is no use creating 50 chances and wasting all of them. You must get to a situation where you can put away five of seven chances," Siasia, himself a former striker, told his players,

“Nigerians back home are expecting us to go far in this competition and even win the trophy. We cannot continue to throw away begging opportunities. Against Spain, we must be up to it right from the first minute and show the seriousness that the match deserves”, Siasia told his boys early Sunday morning.
http://www.kickoff.com/static/news/article.php?id=11276

These reporters sef? cheesy

Re: Nigeria Vs Venezuela (0 - 1) - FIFA U-20 WC 2009 by candylips(m): 9:11am On Sep 28, 2009
nigerian reporters are quacks
Re: Nigeria Vs Venezuela (0 - 1) - FIFA U-20 WC 2009 by SMSguru(m): 9:22am On Sep 28, 2009
FBS:

These reporters sef? cheesy

Spain Vs Tahiti's match was replayed on Sunday because Spain played the first match with 13 players.
So, the match ended 3 nil in favour of Spain. grin grin grin
Re: Nigeria Vs Venezuela (0 - 1) - FIFA U-20 WC 2009 by FBS: 9:22am On Sep 28, 2009
Well, really this is common within reporters generally. It's GLOBAL!  wink cheesy
Re: Nigeria Vs Venezuela (0 - 1) - FIFA U-20 WC 2009 by zenus(m): 9:24am On Sep 28, 2009
@FBS
commence thread on Nigeria Vs Spain
Re: Nigeria Vs Venezuela (0 - 1) - FIFA U-20 WC 2009 by zenus(m): 9:26am On Sep 28, 2009
SMSguru:

Spain Vs Tahiti's match was replayed on Sunday because Spain played the first match with 13 players.
So, the match ended 3 nil in favour of Spain. grin grin grin

How can we beleive this?
Re: Nigeria Vs Venezuela (0 - 1) - FIFA U-20 WC 2009 by FBS: 9:26am On Sep 28, 2009
zenus:

@FBS
commence thread on Nigeria Vs Spain
hehehe grin. I will. . . though looks like some folks already created one.  wink
Re: Nigeria Vs Venezuela (0 - 1) - FIFA U-20 WC 2009 by Nezan(m): 2:31pm On Sep 28, 2009
bad match

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

800 And Counting : Manchester United Celebrate C.ronaldo [video] / ‘joshua Will Beat Fury, Wilder Mercilessly’ / Jordan Henderson Wins Football Writers' Men's Footballer Of The Year

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.