Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,369 members, 7,900,996 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 July 2024 at 08:54 PM

Christianity Is Wicked Rubbish - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christianity Is Wicked Rubbish (5456 Views)

i am leaving the church now.Christianity Is Not A True Religion! / God Is Wicked- We Are Nothing But Spectacle In The Eyes Of The Lord / Why Christianity Is Wrong (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Christianity Is Wicked Rubbish by Thor(m): 8:30am On Sep 26, 2009
Atheists:

@Alta

The bible is a book full of lies. Only people infected by the virus of faith would believe that book is the infallible word of god

Which version of the bible are you talking about?

There are hundreds all with different versions of events and stories. The bible was developed to control the mind of man, to manipulate the masses. The bible has been rewriiten over the past two-thousand years at many different stages of history to control the people.

The good news is that the bible is now a defunct book in most peoples homes and is more and more being seen for what it is, a book of fairy stories, just like the Koran lipsrsealed
Re: Christianity Is Wicked Rubbish by Feraz(m): 9:41am On Sep 26, 2009
Atheists, if u were imprisoned in dis belief as a kid, what stops u 4rm being free now dat u are matured?

D belief dat earth was d center f d universe was NEVER written in d bible so don't know where d catholics got their fact 4rm.

If d bible is a book full of lies, how come it has diff. authors who lived at diff times and centuries focusing on one truth(GOD)?

If evolution is a fact, pls xplain y when one dies, he changes 2 dust n if d apes lived 4 millions of years, y do humans not live 4 millions of years so maybe we'll c what we'll change into!
Re: Christianity Is Wicked Rubbish by Allta(m): 9:56am On Sep 26, 2009
@Atheists or other Evolutionists in the house, I'm still waiting for the answer to my question:

IMO, Evolution has no physical proof of origin, just as there is no "physical proof of God", not yet anyways. If you think Evolution is complete, then where did the Sun comes from? formed about 4.57 billion years ago when a hydrogen molecular cloud collapsed? what's the origin of those hydrogen molecular clouds?
The formation and evolution of the Solar System is estimated to have begun 4.6 billion years ago with the gravitational collapse of a small part of a giant molecular cloud.
What's the origin of this giant molecular cloud?
Re: Christianity Is Wicked Rubbish by Tudor6(f): 10:22am On Sep 26, 2009
^
What does the theory of evolution have to do with the formation of the sun?
Re: Christianity Is Wicked Rubbish by adebayo201: 11:18am On Sep 26, 2009
The bible iz so complete dat pple learn 4rm it.
In 9ja 2day nt al Xtianz ar true 1. Lik d catholic, i dnt count dem az 1.

U cannt xpect God 2 cr8t sum1 in His image nd d same hate such. Al propheciez in d bible are true nd dey must cum 2 pass. Eg, Jesus Christ prophecy abt Israel dat a day wil cum dat no stonez wil b left on eachoda. Mother wil luk 4 her children nd children 2 wil luk 4 dier moda. Chek d buk of matt7 nd u read dwn 2 matt11.
Apostle Paul make comment on perilous tyme in 2Timothy nd it'z cumin 2 fulfilment.
Dnt read d bible az an antagonist bt az a nation pathfinda nd reforma.
wink
Re: Christianity Is Wicked Rubbish by MrCrackles(m): 11:21am On Sep 26, 2009
Topic
Really shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Christianity Is Wicked Rubbish by Allta(m): 11:22am On Sep 26, 2009
Tudór:

^
What does the theory of evolution have to do with the formation of the sun?
The history of Earth has always been core/root to explanation of the Theory of Evolution. Can Evolution, or does Evolution explain how the Earth came by? If yes, and if it has anything to do with the SUN, then does Evolution explains where/how the SUN was formed? If yes. and if it's from the hydrogen/giant molecular clouds, then how were those formed?
Can Evolution explain the true origin of existence? of life? Or maybe there was no life 4600 Megaannum years ago on Earth, before the gravitational pull of the MOON from the collision between planet Earth and planet Theia. If Evolution can't explain the source of planet Earth, planet Theia, the SUN, and most importantly the hydrogen molecular clouds, then what can?
Re: Christianity Is Wicked Rubbish by Tudor6(f): 12:17pm On Sep 26, 2009
I asked you what TOE has to do with the formation of the sun, you reply asking me the same question. . . .haba, have you been kissed by noetic lately?
Re: Christianity Is Wicked Rubbish by mazaje(m): 12:30pm On Sep 26, 2009
adebayo201:

U cannt xpect God 2 cr8t sum1 in His image nd d same hate such.

Have you read the old testament?

Al propheciez in d bible are true nd dey must cum 2 pass. Eg, Jesus Christ prophecy abt Israel dat a day wil cum dat no stonez wil b left on eachoda. Mother wil luk 4 her children nd children 2 wil luk 4 dier moda. Chek d buk of matt7 nd u read dwn 2 matt11

Actually a lot of prophecies in the bible are false. . .Matthew was written after the destruction of jerusalem so it is very easy to say that jesus prophecied that jerusalem will be destroyed after the event had already happened. . .

Apostle Paul make comment on perilous tyme in 2Timothy nd it'z cumin 2 fulfilment.
Dnt read d bible az an antagonist bt az a nation pathfinda nd reforma.
wink

Actually paul thought the world was going to end during his life time. . and adviced people not to get married because jesus was coming very very soon. . . he even thought he was going to be engulfed in some rapture. . .Perilious times have always been a part of human existence. . .
Re: Christianity Is Wicked Rubbish by Allta(m): 12:46pm On Sep 26, 2009
Tudór:

I asked you what TOE has to do with the formation of the sun, you reply asking me the same question. . . .haba, have you been kissed by noetic lately?
Tudor Baba, you're the first to make me laugh this morning, thanks man. grin grin grin grin grin
I am not an Evolutionist, I just love to seek knowledge, to know stuffs. I asked because, either to know or to clarify.

In this case to know, I am thinking TOE can't explain the formation of the Earth and the root formation of SUN itself. I assume this is your answer, if yes I agree, otherwise please correct me. I seek a knowledge which is therefore beyond Evolution, a knowledge that can explain exactly how those giant hydrogen molecular clouds came to being, and how they formed the SUN. If as an Evolutionist, you have don't have answer to this, then TOE can't explain how existence came into being from non-existence. That is the Holy Grail that I seek.
Re: Christianity Is Wicked Rubbish by Tudor6(f): 1:26pm On Sep 26, 2009
Firstly I wouldn't describe myself as an evolutionist. Wirinet and huxley are the guys better placed to answer your questions.

Nevertheless TOE doesn't in any way explain the formation of the sun or earth rather [simply put) the progression of life forms from simple forms to much complex. So I agree with you and likewise searching for the "holy grail". We do not have the answers yet but we will.
Re: Christianity Is Wicked Rubbish by Atheists: 1:54pm On Sep 26, 2009
IMO, Evolution has no physical proof of origin, just as there is no "physical proof of God", not yet anyways. If you think Evolution is complete, then where did the Sun comes from? formed about 4.57 billion years ago when a hydrogen molecular cloud collapsed? what's the origin of those hydrogen molecular clouds?

What does evolution have to do with the sun ?
Re: Christianity Is Wicked Rubbish by Atheists: 1:56pm On Sep 26, 2009
Actually paul thought the world was going to end during his life time. . and adviced people not to get married because jesus was coming very very soon. . . he even thought he was going to be engulfed in some rapture. . .Perilious times have always been a part of human existence. . .

Of all the New Testament writers Paul was the most deluded and ignorant. He is a false prophet, charlatan and demagogue
Re: Christianity Is Wicked Rubbish by Atheists: 1:58pm On Sep 26, 2009
In this case to know, I am thinking TOE can't explain the formation of the Earth and the root formation of SUN itself. I assume this is your answer, if yes I agree, otherwise please correct me. I seek a knowledge which is therefore beyond Evolution, a knowledge that can explain exactly how those giant hydrogen molecular clouds came to being, and how they formed the SUN. If as an Evolutionist, you have don't have answer to this, then TOE can't explain how existence came into being from non-existence. That is the Holy Grail that I seek.

You might need to read about the big bang theory it explains how the universe as a we know it was created. It also explains about formation of stars and planets
Re: Christianity Is Wicked Rubbish by DeepSight(m): 3:38pm On Sep 26, 2009
Atheists:

You might need to read about the big bang theory it explains how the universe as a we know it was created. It also explains about formation of stars and planets

Big bang, fine. No problems with that.

But what caused it? ? ? ?

If you can answer that question, i promise to give you $200, 000 of my own money to further your studies.
Re: Christianity Is Wicked Rubbish by german007(m): 3:39pm On Sep 26, 2009
@deepsights

Sir Can you please identify yourself and Tender your evidence and status.

Who are you, What are your belief's and ideologies.

What are your definitive characteristics?.

Many Thanks
Re: Christianity Is Wicked Rubbish by sweetpie23: 3:46pm On Sep 26, 2009
the poster is a big fool angry
Re: Christianity Is Wicked Rubbish by DeepSight(m): 3:51pm On Sep 26, 2009
german007:

@deepsights

Sir Can you please identify yourself and Tender your evidence and status.

Who are you, What are your belief's and ideologies.

What are your definitive characteristics?.

Many Thanks

Quite simply everything around us evidences an intelligent origin to existence. I believe such a cause exists, and would therefore categorize myself as an empirical and intuitive deist.

I am not interested in the concept of God espoused by the Abrahamic religions.
Re: Christianity Is Wicked Rubbish by Atheists: 2:22am On Sep 27, 2009
Big bang, fine. No problems with that.

But what caused it? ? ? ?

If you can answer that question, i promise to give you $200, 000 of my own money to further your studies.

We don't know yet. We should not simply turn our minds off and say God did it.
Re: Christianity Is Wicked Rubbish by snapshot: 2:29am On Sep 27, 2009
@poster                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             na u get your mouth,you look to me like a pupil of Nietzsche,may GOD help you,say amen.
Re: Christianity Is Wicked Rubbish by Atheists: 2:45am On Sep 27, 2009
Quite simply everything around us evidences an intelligent origin to existence. I believe such a cause exists, and would therefore categorize myself as an empirical and intuitive deist.

I am not interested in the concept of God espoused by the Abrahamic religions.

Which is why i was so angry this morning when i saw some posts where some bozo tried to point to the existence of evil as evidence that God does not exist. When i was not talking about the biblical "good" God. I am talking about the uncaused cause and some one talks about malaria? A line of reasoning i graduated from when i was 14! I am still astonished, because it came from a person i credited with some sense!

I have some respect for people who believe in deism. At least they don't believe in a personal god who is always fixing and poking, messing around with tradesman's wives, giving tablets on mountains, commanding you to mutilate your children, telling people what words they can say and what words they can't say, making people feel guilty about enjoying themselves, and like that.
Re: Christianity Is Wicked Rubbish by DeepSight(m): 5:46am On Sep 27, 2009
Atheists:

I have some respect for people who believe in deism. At least they don't believe in a personal god who is always fixing and poking, messing around with tradesman's wives, giving tablets on mountains, commanding you to mutilate your children, telling people what words they can say and what words they can't say, making people feel guilty about enjoying themselves, and like that.

Sir, good, but you are yet to address my questions? Should i post them again? ? ? ? ?
Re: Christianity Is Wicked Rubbish by Atheists: 7:21am On Sep 27, 2009
Post them in a new thread and l will adress them in detail
Re: Christianity Is Wicked Rubbish by wirinet(m): 1:36pm On Sep 27, 2009
Allta:

@Atheists or other Evolutionists in the house, I'm still waiting for the answer to my question:

IMO, Evolution has no physical proof of origin, just as there is no "physical proof of God", not yet anyways. If you think Evolution is complete, then where did the Sun comes from? formed about 4.57 billion years ago when a hydrogen molecular cloud collapsed? what's the origin of those hydrogen molecular clouds?What's the origin of this giant molecular cloud?

I am not trying to convince you of anything. Trying to show a religious fundamentalist proof of evolution is as difficult as trying to show the police IG proof that Ribadu visited Gani's house. What ever proof you bring will be discarded.  but if you want science fact, then i must tell you that that evolutions has tons of proof. You might not agree with some of the proofs but to claim that evolution has no proof is absurd. Evolution had been studied in universities around the world for over 200 years and the process has been substantially understood, although there are still many gray areas scientists are still debating.

Evolution of living things have nothing to do with the formation of the sun or the universe. For that you have to venture into the field of Astronomy or cosmology. The same way the evolution of computers has little to do with how electricity was discovered.
Finally hydrogen is the building block of the universe, infact the universe is still some 78% hydrogen. All other elements were derived from hydrogen.
Re: Christianity Is Wicked Rubbish by wirinet(m): 1:57pm On Sep 27, 2009

1. Please define the term "Atheist"

2. Please give us your personal reasons for calling yourself an Atheist.

3. Please explain to us why in your view, people who believe that the Universe was created by a Supernatural Mind are deluded/ suffering from a virus.

4. Please indicate what you might think of people who suppose that elements such as DNA, staggering in their complex customization for purpose, could have emerged by chance, or as the product of a universe without a mind.

1. Atheist is someone with a lack of belief in any God, a person who denies or disbelieve the existence of God or Gods.

2. I call myself an atheist because up till today i do not know what a God is. What is presented to me in all "sacred" books and myths is very similar to a very powerful (in terms of military and political power), egocentric and erratic tribal monarch (king), who wants absolute submission and control of his subjects, and rebellion can result in fatality.
A list of such Gods includes, Yahweh, Allah, Zeus, Thor, Sango, Jupiter and hundreds of others. Since i am unable to believe in any god presented to me, i therefore regard myself as an atheist.

3. I do not think they are deluded or suffering from a virus, i just believe they are Ignorant or fearful ( most religions are driven by fear). They are yet to define what a "supernatural mind" means, let them explain how a mind can exist outside a living thing.

4. The DNA has not been shown to require a mind supernatural or natural to form. Given the elements, the right conditions and enough time, the most stable chemical compounds ( amino acids) would naturally be synthesized. Eventually a self duplicating compound (DNA)would emerge.

Those are my own answers.
Re: Christianity Is Wicked Rubbish by DeepSight(m): 2:46pm On Sep 27, 2009
wirinet:

I call myself an atheist because up till today i do not know what a God is. What is presented to me in all "sacred" books and myths is very similar to a very powerful (in terms of military and political power), egocentric and erratic tribal monarch (king), who wants absolute submission and control of his subjects, and rebellion can result in fatality.
A list of such Gods includes, Yahweh, Allah, Zeus, Thor, Sango, Jupiter and hundreds of others. Since i am unable to believe in any god presented to me, i therefore regard myself as an atheist.

Do you need anybody or any religion to present "a god" to you? Are you not self-rigorous enough to ask yourself the questions contained in the cosmological argument?

How do the misconceived ideas of desperate tribes negate the existence of a prime mover.

Do you believe that there can be effects without  causes?

What caused the big-bang?

If it happened at a particular point in time, what caused it to happen? Why didn't it happen before then?
Re: Christianity Is Wicked Rubbish by noetic10: 2:54pm On Sep 27, 2009
@ Deep Sight

what is ur belief about God? what is ur position on Christ? are u a deist, christian or atheist?
Re: Christianity Is Wicked Rubbish by Atheists: 3:09pm On Sep 27, 2009
Do you need anybody or any religion to present "a god" to you? Are you not self-rigorous enough to ask yourself the questions contained in the cosmological argument?

How do the misconceived ideas of desperate tribes negate the existence of a prime mover.

Do you believe that there can be effects without  causes?

What caused the big-bang?

If it happened at a particular point in time, what caused it to happen? Why didn't it happen before then?

If we are to courageously pursue this question we have to ask who created the creator ?
Re: Christianity Is Wicked Rubbish by Nobody: 4:59pm On Sep 27, 2009
Allta:

Established by the Catholic Church but not proven from the Bible, surely not? If Peter was the soverign head (bishop of rome); how come Paul opposed Peter to his face? How come Peter was wrong as a sovereign pope over the Church in Rome? I mean, who could try such a thing in modern times? How can the "Head" not act in line with the truth of the gospel? Paul even referred Peter to as having hypocrisy. I'm not saying popes are meant to be perfect, but their authority should never and ought not to be questioned within the Church in Rome.
Gal 2:11-14The Fact that the Catholic Church tells us or establishes that Peter was their first Pope/Bishop doesn't make it the truth at all. Anything not in the Bible for me will always be questionable. And you're right not everything is in the Bible, but if Paul can question Peter's authority in the Bible, then IMO Peter is not a sovereign or governing head of the Church at the time.

It is a weel known fact that the catholic church created the bible,the bible never existed until he fourth century,it was at the synod of hippo in 393CE andthe council of carthage in 397CE that the books of the bible were decided prior to that the scriptures has existed as seerate scriptures.

Anything not in the Bible for me will always be questionable

THE BIBLE DID NOT EVEN TELL US THAT PETER ,PAUL AND OTHER APOSTLES ARE DEAD ,SHOULD WE ASSUME THAT THEY ARE STILL ALIVE ?

The entire gospels,acts,letter to the hebrews were anonymous,it was throuh the roman catholic tradition that the authours of these books were known.

It was through the roman catholic tradition that basic christian doctrines like trinity was formulated.

The trinty is not explicitly stated in the bible rather Jesus was impied as God,no matter how u try you can never seperate the history of christianity from the history of the RCC.

It was the same early church fathers who decided the books of the bible,that told us that that Peter was the first pope.

Christianity owes so much to the likes of ignatus of antioch,clement of Rome,Polycarp of smyrna,Ireneaus of lyons and other church fathers who passed down the sacred apostolic faith o us.

If in the end these men turn out to be liars ,all of us(christians)are all going down.

The bible teold us that the Apostles founded churches in Isreal,Egypt,syria,italy,greece,macedonia,turkey,e.t.c

You protestants want me to beleive that not even one of these churches survived,yet churches founded by your greedy tithe collecting pastors are thriving !!!
Re: Christianity Is Wicked Rubbish by DeepSight(m): 8:42pm On Sep 27, 2009
noetic10:

@ Deep Sight

what is your belief about God? what is your position on Christ? are u a deist, christian or atheist?

Deist, i am not so spiritually insular as to fail to sense the existence and purpose of God.

But see short clarification here:

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-329406.0.html
Re: Christianity Is Wicked Rubbish by DeepSight(m): 8:47pm On Sep 27, 2009
Atheists:

If we are to courageously pursue this question we have to ask who created the creator ?

Ha ha. . . escapist. . . because that's just like saying: "Since i dont know who gave birth to Leonardo Da Vinci, then, the Mona Lisa had no Painter, and came into existence by itself"
Re: Christianity Is Wicked Rubbish by Ajoto: 10:36pm On Sep 27, 2009
All I can say is watch your tongue,

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Is There A "Marine Kingdom" Cult? / . / God Wants Me To Kill My Dad

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.