Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,167 members, 7,880,646 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 11:34 PM

Babangida's 75th Birthday Interview: "I’m Not The Evil Many Think I Am" - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Babangida's 75th Birthday Interview: "I’m Not The Evil Many Think I Am" (19490 Views)

Buhari's 75th Birthday: FFK Congratulates President, Asks Him To Resign / Ebitu Ukiwe 76th Birthday Interview: Nigeria’s In Chaos, It’s Stuck / Photos From Ibrahim Babangida's 75th Birthday At His Mansion In Minna.... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Babangida's 75th Birthday Interview: "I’m Not The Evil Many Think I Am" by bettercreature(m): 9:33am On Aug 17, 2016
dickrider:
IBB annulled June 12 elections and made sure MKO Abiola never got his mandate. What is more evil than that act of wickedness?
It's politics
Re: Babangida's 75th Birthday Interview: "I’m Not The Evil Many Think I Am" by gsley: 9:33am On Aug 17, 2016
9 cat * 9 live = 81 live - 75 birthday = 6 ok
Re: Babangida's 75th Birthday Interview: "I’m Not The Evil Many Think I Am" by emmygzy(m): 9:34am On Aug 17, 2016
See yeye questions all this lazy journalist s are asking the tyrant.

1 Like

Re: Babangida's 75th Birthday Interview: "I’m Not The Evil Many Think I Am" by Deen77: 9:34am On Aug 17, 2016
IllegalMoney:
Buhari the dullard is more evil than IBB

You never forget this Jonathan election lost. Only God can remove Buhari before 2019. You better move on.
Re: Babangida's 75th Birthday Interview: "I’m Not The Evil Many Think I Am" by HRich(m): 9:36am On Aug 17, 2016
Give us back our money and you won't be the evil you think people say you are. You are more Kworrupt than Nigeria itself, HBD
Re: Babangida's 75th Birthday Interview: "I’m Not The Evil Many Think I Am" by victorazy(m): 9:36am On Aug 17, 2016
IllegalMoney:
Buhari the dullard is more evil than IBB
Ppl wicked o
shocked
Re: Babangida's 75th Birthday Interview: "I’m Not The Evil Many Think I Am" by Lilimax(f): 9:37am On Aug 17, 2016
This man institutionalized corruption and legalized it in Nigeria! embarassed

1 Like

Re: Babangida's 75th Birthday Interview: "I’m Not The Evil Many Think I Am" by BlackOnassis(m): 9:44am On Aug 17, 2016
modath:
The following people if they were here today will beg to differ :

1. Late Dele Giwa

2. Late Thomas Sankara

3. Late Mamman Vatsa

4. Late Gloria Okon

5. Late MKO Abiola.

6. The 160+ promising officers that their plane crashed into Ejigbo swamp.

What will even beg to differ more than all of these is the sense of value, national pride and the middle class status that all met their respective deaths during his regime...

Corruption & the devastating effect of SAP still remain the Legacy of his uneventful 8yr regime...

One thing is very sure, he will never wear Agbada to rule Nigeria..

I'm curious as to why Thomas Sankara is on that list.

2 Likes

Re: Babangida's 75th Birthday Interview: "I’m Not The Evil Many Think I Am" by shehuolayinka(m): 9:46am On Aug 17, 2016
Evil men, don't accept they are evil.
Re: Babangida's 75th Birthday Interview: "I’m Not The Evil Many Think I Am" by iaminspired: 9:58am On Aug 17, 2016
Nigerian will be looking at him like.. ..

2 Likes

Re: Babangida's 75th Birthday Interview: "I’m Not The Evil Many Think I Am" by Nobody: 10:02am On Aug 17, 2016
.... IBB is intelligent and very crafty.
Re: Babangida's 75th Birthday Interview: "I’m Not The Evil Many Think I Am" by femi4: 10:07am On Aug 17, 2016
modath:

1. Late Dele Giwa

2. Late Thomas Sankara

3. Late Mamman Vatsa

4. Late Gloria Okon

5. Late MKO Abiola.

What will even beg to differ more than all of these is the sense of value, national pride and the middle class status that all met their respective deaths during his regime...

Corruption & the devastating effect of SAP still remain the Legacy of his uneventful 8yr regime...

God bless your memory

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Babangida's 75th Birthday Interview: "I’m Not The Evil Many Think I Am" by awayeyebundle: 10:12am On Aug 17, 2016
Babangida HBD To u sir as u continue to help we younger generations. HBD to u Sir,he mode destiny IBB,if u meet him u are blessed
Re: Babangida's 75th Birthday Interview: "I’m Not The Evil Many Think I Am" by specimenC: 10:13am On Aug 17, 2016
modath:

1. Late Dele Giwa

2. Late Thomas Sankara

3. Late Mamman Vatsa

4. Late Gloria Okon

5. Late MKO Abiola.

You forgot to add Samuel doe, gadafi, and salasie..infact you can extend it to Sadam husein in the middle east...yeye dey smell
Re: Babangida's 75th Birthday Interview: "I’m Not The Evil Many Think I Am" by iamademola(m): 10:17am On Aug 17, 2016
Baba please answer this!!!
in fela's voice

na who kill dele giwa o??

na Baba,if you like add you ngida o "Na you sabi o"
Re: Babangida's 75th Birthday Interview: "I’m Not The Evil Many Think I Am" by 2eggs1goal: 10:19am On Aug 17, 2016
Play hard,Pray hard..!!!
Re: Babangida's 75th Birthday Interview: "I’m Not The Evil Many Think I Am" by babs50g: 10:21am On Aug 17, 2016
@modath . Ur analysis is quite beautiful and comprehensive. If only IBB understand that a good heart is fountain of gladness making everything in its vicinity freshing into smile .

@baba cele . Kudos to you . U really went down memory lane . Sir, is it possible one gets into the archive of tell magazine to recall those graphic transition time of IBB ?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Babangida's 75th Birthday Interview: "I’m Not The Evil Many Think I Am" by parrotsquare: 10:25am On Aug 17, 2016
To err is human and to forgive is divine. I can't judge him, he probably did what he thought was best in his capacity as a military ruler and am sure we know their story world wide; they are notorious but in the maradona's eyes lies guilt, pain and sorrow. I really don't know what his wishes are but God has the ultimate right to judge you sir for all you have done. We have a more mind bugging problem at hand and that is the economy of our dear country that is dwindling. We really need help so we can forget we were ever ruled by bigots and political miscreants.

1 Like

Re: Babangida's 75th Birthday Interview: "I’m Not The Evil Many Think I Am" by parrotsquare: 10:28am On Aug 17, 2016
To err is human and to forgive is divine. I can't judge him, he probably did what he thought was best in his capacity as a military ruler and am sure we know their story world wide; they are notorious but in the maradona's eyes lies guilt, pain and sorrow. I really don't know what his wishes are but God has the ultimate right to judge you sir for all you have done. We have a more mind bugging problem at hand and that is the economy of our dear country that is dwindling. We really need help so we can forget we were ever ruled by people that lack enviable leadership qualities.
Re: Babangida's 75th Birthday Interview: "I’m Not The Evil Many Think I Am" by Nobody: 10:34am On Aug 17, 2016
blueflowers:
Maybe IBB wants to contest again.

Let him contest now. People will eat his money and will never vote for him. Which party will give him ticket sef
Re: Babangida's 75th Birthday Interview: "I’m Not The Evil Many Think I Am" by infogenius(m): 10:46am On Aug 17, 2016
What advice do you have for the younger generation?
I only have one advice for them and it is for them to play hard and pray hard

A message of truth for the youth during hard and trying times Nigeria is going through currently.

Play hard and pray hard to win well.
Re: Babangida's 75th Birthday Interview: "I’m Not The Evil Many Think I Am" by modath(f): 10:51am On Aug 17, 2016
BlackOnassis:

Thomas Sankara was a "friend" of his but when the imperialistic neo colonialist west needed to remove him & put a stooge in power, he faciliated the process and rolled out the red carpet for Campaore soon after..
Re: Babangida's 75th Birthday Interview: "I’m Not The Evil Many Think I Am" by 4nobody4every1: 10:59am On Aug 17, 2016
modath:

1. Late Dele Giwa

2. Late Thomas Sankara

3. Late Mamman Vatsa

4. Late Gloria Okon

5. Late MKO Abiola.

cool

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Babangida's 75th Birthday Interview: "I’m Not The Evil Many Think I Am" by oglalasioux(m): 11:24am On Aug 17, 2016
modath:

1. Late Dele Giwa

2. Late Thomas Sankara

3. Late Mamman Vatsa

4. Late Gloria Okon

5. Late MKO Abiola.

I'll be glad to know IBB's role in Sankara's death. The only African leader I know is responsible for Sankara's death was Boigny of Ivory Coast.
Re: Babangida's 75th Birthday Interview: "I’m Not The Evil Many Think I Am" by blueflowers(f): 11:36am On Aug 17, 2016
AnalyticEngine:

Let him contest now. People will eat his money and will never vote for him. Which party will give him ticket sef

People have wisen up now. As for me, no voting based on religion or region
Re: Babangida's 75th Birthday Interview: "I’m Not The Evil Many Think I Am" by Makapounse(m): 11:52am On Aug 17, 2016
modath:

2. Late Thomas Sankara

Thomas Sankara was president of Burkina Faso during IBB's regime, and a very close close friend to him, Sankara was assassinated by his people not Babangida
Re: Babangida's 75th Birthday Interview: "I’m Not The Evil Many Think I Am" by iLovenaijabet: 12:14pm On Aug 17, 2016
maradona himself, wicked dribbler... don't allow him get you
naijabet ain't IBB tho
Re: Babangida's 75th Birthday Interview: "I’m Not The Evil Many Think I Am" by supereagle(m): 12:45pm On Aug 17, 2016
Lilimax:
This man institutionalized corruption and legalized it in Nigeria! embarassed
Re: Babangida's 75th Birthday Interview: "I’m Not The Evil Many Think I Am" by uzolexis(f): 12:59pm On Aug 17, 2016
modath:

1. Late Dele Giwa

2. Late Thomas Sankara

3. Late Mamman Vatsa

4. Late Gloria Okon

5. Late MKO Abiola.

Did Babangida have a hand in Sankara's death Pls tell me how cos this is news to me.
Re: Babangida's 75th Birthday Interview: "I’m Not The Evil Many Think I Am" by uzolexis(f): 1:00pm On Aug 17, 2016
BlackOnassis:

me too shocked
Re: Babangida's 75th Birthday Interview: "I’m Not The Evil Many Think I Am" by daramolaj1: 1:03pm On Aug 17, 2016
dickrider:
IBB annulled June 12 elections and made sure MKO Abiola never got his mandate. What is more evil than that act of wickedness?

what do you know about politics? you sit down there and jugde this men from far. Im sure you wont stand an hour facing what they faced..I love this man now and forever. and i wish Abacha was alive like him. MKO for president, if he had become president, where would you have been by now? Ogbeni lajue

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

President Macron Names Adesina Champion Of Africa’s Great Green Wall Initiative / Wikipedia Puts Tinubu’s Age At 79 On Daughter’s Page After Multiple Edits - FIJ / 2023: I Told Buhari I Want To Step In His Shoes Not On His Toes - Tinubu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.