Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,153 members, 7,887,346 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 07:12 AM

Babangida's 75th Birthday Interview: "I’m Not The Evil Many Think I Am" - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Babangida's 75th Birthday Interview: "I’m Not The Evil Many Think I Am" (19498 Views)

Buhari's 75th Birthday: FFK Congratulates President, Asks Him To Resign / Ebitu Ukiwe 76th Birthday Interview: Nigeria’s In Chaos, It’s Stuck / Photos From Ibrahim Babangida's 75th Birthday At His Mansion In Minna.... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Babangida's 75th Birthday Interview: "I’m Not The Evil Many Think I Am" by modath(f): 1:19pm On Aug 17, 2016

Re: Babangida's 75th Birthday Interview: "I’m Not The Evil Many Think I Am" by CioAngels(f): 1:41pm On Aug 17, 2016
May God strengthen and spare you for the huge opportunity ahead.
Re: Babangida's 75th Birthday Interview: "I’m Not The Evil Many Think I Am" by grodt999: 4:21pm On Aug 17, 2016
Good that he confirmed Nigerians consider him evil, the criminal is concerned by his reputation and legacy now he is old!
Re: Babangida's 75th Birthday Interview: "I’m Not The Evil Many Think I Am" by bamite(m): 5:52pm On Aug 17, 2016
IllegalMoney:

E pain am wella
Haha.. Your mumu na die
Re: Babangida's 75th Birthday Interview: "I’m Not The Evil Many Think I Am" by BlackOnassis(m): 9:23pm On Aug 17, 2016
modath:

Thomas Sankara was a "friend" of his but when the imperialistic neo colonialist west needed to remove him & put a stooge in power, he faciliated the process and rolled out the red carpet for Campaore soon after..

Thanks for the background. I read up on it and just shook my head at how they set Sankara up. Babangida, Houphouet Boigny and co. have been willing tools in the hands of the West.

1 Like

Re: Babangida's 75th Birthday Interview: "I’m Not The Evil Many Think I Am" by shyling(f): 3:51pm On Aug 18, 2016
just stay on this path.

modath:

Thomas Sankara was a "friend" of his but when the imperialistic neo colonialist west needed to remove him & put a stooge in power, he faciliated the process and rolled out the red carpet for Campaore soon after..
Re: Babangida's 75th Birthday Interview: "I’m Not The Evil Many Think I Am" by Babacele: 5:38pm On Aug 18, 2016
modath:

Ayam blushing, tongue tongue ... Stop, before the head sef blow.. cheesy

He has zero desire for image redemption, the recent volte face is mere expression of regret,he doesn't regret all the harm he did to the economy nor the hundreds of souls he sent to untimely death....

In his lifetime, 2 of his ex miltary coupist colleagues came back to wear Agbada as civilian presidents through the ballot, something he would never experience, his nostalgia is from the feeling of what could have been...

He can't live down June 12 and he knows it, that is his only regret...
the gap toothed monster is not remorseful, atleast publicly and by the twists his utterances and June 12 narratives, but painfully nostalgic ,as you rightly put it, for the insurmountable obstacle that his annulling the June 12 has constituted to his wearing legit agbada to Aso Rock again in this lifetime. When he couldn't do it effectively by proxy in Dasuki, you need to see how he campaigned in 2015 despite the public photo op pretentions against his age long nightmare- Muhammad Buhari. But Niger people told him openly to his utter chagrin' kariya ne'. Recently, he was the one who scuttled the ACN-CPC alliance in 2011( read El Rufai's Accidental Public Servant). All these sweet narratives to deceive history is a sign that he has hardly learn any lesson ,and ready to partner for a better Nigeria. But he can still rewrite his history as suggested by OM above. Nigerians may forgive easily .
Re: Babangida's 75th Birthday Interview: "I’m Not The Evil Many Think I Am" by Babacele: 5:52pm On Aug 18, 2016
babs50g:
@modath . Ur analysis is quite beautiful and comprehensive. If only IBB understand that a good heart is fountain of gladness making everything in its vicinity freshing into smile .

@baba cele . Kudos to you . U really went down memory lane . Sir, is it possible one gets into the archive of tell magazine to recall those graphic transition time of IBB ?
any old library should have TELL collections or go to Tell office . if you know this guy involvement in dastardly bastardising Gej's government especially as regards Security after they successfully removed, you would understand why we can't release his alter ego-Dasuki. Asari Dokubo n co were just making noise and were indirectly working for IBB rather than the mask called Good luck Jonathan. I know so.
Re: Babangida's 75th Birthday Interview: "I’m Not The Evil Many Think I Am" by ochubaebube(m): 10:34am On Oct 10, 2016
at least you are aware that people think you are an evil plus the fact that everyone can't be lying at the same time.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

2023: I Told Buhari I Want To Step In His Shoes Not On His Toes - Tinubu / Police Arrest ‘Spirit’ In Kano / Maina: EFCC Finds £6m Pension Cash In UK Bank

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.