Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,867 members, 7,872,882 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 01:46 AM

In Parse Error Trouble - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / In Parse Error Trouble (629 Views)

9jahosting trouble / Airtel Nigeria Website Error Prone? / I Keep Getting This Error::pls Help ::parse Error: Syntax Error, Unexpected '.', (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

In Parse Error Trouble by tomaagy(m): 12:02pm On Sep 28, 2009
I was working on a CMS with video tutorials oh! then the system keeps telling me there's a parse error in my functions page which is refusing my whole cms from loading!
Anyone good with functions and basically programming should give me tips oh;

its pointing at delimitors that are supposed to be there atleast according to the tutorial!
Re: In Parse Error Trouble by yawatide(f): 3:17pm On Sep 28, 2009
Check for matching "(", "wink", "{", "}" and ";" or lack thereof.

Let us know how it goes
Re: In Parse Error Trouble by Nobody: 10:15am On Sep 30, 2009
what language, and can u paste the error result as printed?
Re: In Parse Error Trouble by tomaagy(m): 2:22pm On Oct 02, 2009
Php and mysql just saying parse error on line,
basically i had a function page it loaded so the error is supposed to be in the function page but the code look s right oh
Re: In Parse Error Trouble by Cactus(m): 2:26pm On Oct 02, 2009
as yawa-tide said

you have a problem with your syntax.
go to the line number of paste the line number here if you are not sure how to fix it

the code always looks right. just step away for some minutes and come back to it. you should find your mistake. else post on here for people to assist
Re: In Parse Error Trouble by yawatide(f): 3:05pm On Oct 02, 2009
poster: have you done what I said you should do? Do you actually need our help? tongue
Re: In Parse Error Trouble by hostmot(f): 10:03pm On Oct 02, 2009
How about pasting the line that is causing problem.

If the line is part of a function or code block, it would be better if you paste everything.
Re: In Parse Error Trouble by Nobody: 10:43pm On Oct 04, 2009
Interesting

(1) (Reply)

Okay Okay Its An Old Topic Called Rss Feeds / Freelance Discussion / Do You Want To Be Rich?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.