Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,578 members, 7,941,177 topics. Date: Thursday, 05 September 2024 at 07:32 PM

Best Ogedengbe Is Dead? - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Best Ogedengbe Is Dead? (5380 Views)

Wilfred Agbonivbare Is Dead - Former Eagles Goalkeeper (Pictured) / Godwin Spiff Sagbama Is Dead - Veteran Sports Journalist / Rashidi Yekini Is Dead? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Best Ogedengbe Is Dead? by boladonas(m): 9:52pm On Sep 29, 2009
Clearly one of Nigeria's safest hands
Very dedicated and industrous
May his soul rest well
Adieu Best!!!
Re: Best Ogedengbe Is Dead? by ObamaUS: 10:14pm On Sep 29, 2009
otele:

and which yr is da best cheesy

U must be a clown, If nairaland no kill me i no go die again,
Re: Best Ogedengbe Is Dead? by tayoast(m): 10:18pm On Sep 29, 2009
Sun Re Oooo

R.I.P
Re: Best Ogedengbe Is Dead? by princeokek: 10:43pm On Sep 29, 2009
i cant really figure out what a gwan in Nigeria,so many deaths and that of prominents sons and daughters of naija.may Gog help us
Best,you were indeed the best.REST IN PEACE
Re: Best Ogedengbe Is Dead? by Nobody: 11:19pm On Sep 29, 2009
Serving Nigeria is a CRIME. Dont ask. Just think. And count ur teeth with ur tongue.
Re: Best Ogedengbe Is Dead? by slimes(m): 11:23pm On Sep 29, 2009
Kai!. He suffered so much breathn thru a respirator machine in coma. May God receive his gentle soul.
Re: Best Ogedengbe Is Dead? by oge4real(f): 11:32pm On Sep 29, 2009
rip.
Re: Best Ogedengbe Is Dead? by dipo2much(m): 11:40pm On Sep 29, 2009
rip
Re: Best Ogedengbe Is Dead? by kzito: 11:40pm On Sep 29, 2009
Did he die as a result of d eye surgery?and/or was it d tumour dat they found?or were they treating both? Just asking.
Re: Best Ogedengbe Is Dead? by 3kay945(m): 12:03am On Sep 30, 2009
may his journey to the place he as prepared for himself be suitable, amen
Re: Best Ogedengbe Is Dead? by Nobody: 12:03am On Sep 30, 2009
r.I.p, So long
Re: Best Ogedengbe Is Dead? by r231(m): 12:11am On Sep 30, 2009
rip
Re: Best Ogedengbe Is Dead? by okunoba(m): 12:38am On Sep 30, 2009
May his soul rest in peace, the man gave me so much pleasure growing up in that country of pain, knowing Nigeria the issue of medical malpractice should be investigated in case the doctors are at fault. What ever happened to the great Okala?
Re: Best Ogedengbe Is Dead? by duduspace(m): 12:39am On Sep 30, 2009
Much respect to those whose performances in the Green and white made us proud of our football team while we were growing up.
RIP.
Re: Best Ogedengbe Is Dead? by bidemi12(m): 1:33am On Sep 30, 2009
@duduspace yes ooooooo!!!!!!!
Re: Best Ogedengbe Is Dead? by lepere(m): 2:21am On Sep 30, 2009
May his soul RIP 4 he has taken the guilt of eagles mess with him
Re: Best Ogedengbe Is Dead? by bintab(f): 3:43am On Sep 30, 2009
i dont know him, but anyway may his soul rest in peace.
Re: Best Ogedengbe Is Dead? by Jaytee67(m): 4:41am On Sep 30, 2009
May his soul rest in peace. He gave his best to his fatherland as his name connotes. I can still visualize his performance in those Green Eagles/IICC days. We have lost a star. May the good Lord grant the family the fortitude to bear this irreparable loss. Adieu BEST !
Re: Best Ogedengbe Is Dead? by rasputinn(m): 5:30am On Sep 30, 2009
Seun « #2 on: Yesterday at 05:24:32 PM »:

The spokesman of UCH, Mr. Kunle Atinwore, confirmed the development, saying Ogedegbe died of a brain tumour. He was reported to be in a coma after a corrective eye surgery

How does someone die of brain tumour just after corrective eye surgery,what's the connection  undecided undecided ,any medical afficionados in the house,please answer me
Re: Best Ogedengbe Is Dead? by hooged: 6:21am On Sep 30, 2009
Uncle best may ur soul rest in perfect peace. By Ogedegbe tope.
Re: Best Ogedengbe Is Dead? by FBS: 7:19am On Sep 30, 2009
Rest In Peace Best Ogedengbe!
Re: Best Ogedengbe Is Dead? by sayso: 7:25am On Sep 30, 2009
Rest In Peace Best Ogedengbe,you were loved by all Nigerian soccer fans
Re: Best Ogedengbe Is Dead? by saworoide: 8:11am On Sep 30, 2009
He contributed his own quota to Nigeria's football development.
Rest in peace. Best Ogedemgbe, you were the best.
Re: Best Ogedengbe Is Dead? by pedro3653(m): 8:58am On Sep 30, 2009
Whata great Hero he was even he is till Death,Your demise is a great loss to Nigerian football.RIP BEST O G E D E N G B E.
Re: Best Ogedengbe Is Dead? by chic2pimp(m): 9:35am On Sep 30, 2009
R.I.P Best Ogedengbe.
Re: Best Ogedengbe Is Dead? by Remii(m): 10:39am On Sep 30, 2009
May his soul rest in peace and may God be with his family.

This man died of poverty. The eye surgery was delayed till too late due to lack of fund to travel abroad. This is the reason boys these days demand and get their reward before donning Nigeria shirts. Government never honoured promises to them during his time. The houses promised them by Shagari for wining 1980 CAF cup was never given same for other promisess especially by Federal Govt. Obasanjo worsen their plight by offering omly handshakes. The house could have been sold now and the man may be alive today. Ironically those who contributed to his misery would now go to his house and insult his family with heavy grammatical accolades.
Re: Best Ogedengbe Is Dead? by Borat1: 11:30am On Sep 30, 2009
pics anyone?
Re: Best Ogedengbe Is Dead? by Dialup(m): 12:28pm On Sep 30, 2009
Sir, rest in perfect peace, don't mind what these kid eagles are playing nowadays. Adeiu Goalie!
Re: Best Ogedengbe Is Dead? by StEdwin(m): 3:29pm On Sep 30, 2009
May his gentle soul rest in P. Peace,
Greet Baba for us Nairalanders.
Re: Best Ogedengbe Is Dead? by 55gal(m): 3:48pm On Sep 30, 2009
r .i. p
Re: Best Ogedengbe Is Dead? by Jafour: 3:56pm On Sep 30, 2009
Remii:

May his soul rest in peace and may God be with his family.

This man died of poverty. The eye surgery was delayed till too late due to lack of fund to travel abroad. This is the reason boys these days demand and get their reward before donning Nigeria shirts. Government never honoured promises to them during his time. The houses promised them by Shagari for wining 1980 CAF cup was never given same for other promisess especially by Federal Govt. Obasanjo worsen their plight by offering omly handshakes. The house could have been sold now and the man may be alive today. Ironically those who contributed to his misery would now go to his house and insult his family with heavy grammatical accolades.

I had thought while growing up for someone to be a Nigeria best goalkeeper amount to wealth, how wrong I was. My family then live in a face me I face you house where Best Ogedegbe family shared a room on the Lagos Island. I remembered vividly when Best Ogedegbe came to visit the family for the blessing of a new peugeot 504 car, I had thought in my little mind that is a sign of richness couple with  fact that govt.  made promises to his team after winning 1980 CAF cup would have elevated him and his family out of poverty. At the end of the day, it was a mirage.

May his soul rest in peace. I wish the present govt. would be able to foot the bill of the funeral. Obviously, the man died of poverty.
Re: Best Ogedengbe Is Dead? by benja73: 5:17pm On Sep 30, 2009
May his soul rest in perfect peace.The best goalkeeper in 80's

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Fifa U-17 Women’s World Cup. Nigeria-korea Dpr (hasely Crawford Stadium) - 15:00 / Serena, Venus Williams Exhibition Match In Lagos Today / Gary Speed(Wales Manager) Is Dead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.