Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,097 members, 7,880,428 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 06:06 PM

West African Idols: Season 1 (2007) - Music/Radio (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / West African Idols: Season 1 (2007) (47944 Views)

Airforce 1 On STV Right Now, Nigerian Idols season V / Pepsi Nigerian Idols / Dare Art Alade On American Idols? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: West African Idols: Season 1 (2007) by bmo: 1:57pm On May 25, 2007
TIMI deserves it more than anyone cos he has put in more into the competition. so start voting for Mr perfect 7!!!!
Re: West African Idols: Season 1 (2007) by naijagal(f): 2:16pm On May 25, 2007
TIMI is d winner!!!
Re: West African Idols: Season 1 (2007) by Egavlas(m): 2:40pm On May 25, 2007
lawyerchap:

@Salvage
Naomi campbell has absolutely no say on her make up, and she's the absolute "its all about me" diva. Models, musicians, actors, everyone in the limelight knows to let professionals do their jobs without interference. Even star make-up artists leave their own make-up to other artists whenever they have to make a television or runway appearance. It is highly unlikely that omawumi speaks (except out of courtesy) during her make-up sessions, let alone ask for more of this or that. performers entrust themselves completely to those whose jobs it is to make them look the part, so what you see is how that professional thinks she should look. Whether good or bad, it is improbable that Omawumi has any say in the matter. And lets not take this to the ridiculous extent of asking "so if the professional makes her look like an ogre, she will not complain?" because we know that she will definitely complain. However, she doesn't look anything like an ogre in that make-up. so there. And as an aside, no beef or anything o, let me just correct something you wrote (i'm obsessive-compulsive when it comes to grammar in written communication) you said "In fact, I believe the contestants also have a say in what they wear and how they look." You opened that sentence with in fact, leading me to believe you were about to provide me with a factual statement, then you went on to say I believe, meaning you were passing off an opinion as fact. or perhaps your in fact relates to the fact that you have an opinion. Please i do not want to come off sounding like am condescending but it's really confusing. No beef o. Just keeping it real bro. wink

Its obvious like you said and I quote *i'm obsessive-compulsive when it comes to grammar in written communication* .

I guess I was just typing directly as I usually do in discussions with pals. Note taken.
But even if you were trying to be condescending, it wouldnt bother me. I would be the saddest person on earth if I let any words typed by anyone behind the computer on the *world wide web*, get to me .  smiley
Am still as real as ever. And yeah, definitely no beef
Re: West African Idols: Season 1 (2007) by lawyerchap(m): 4:33pm On May 25, 2007
@Salvage
You're as real as ever, man. Big ups to you.
Re: West African Idols: Season 1 (2007) by Aziza(f): 5:56pm On May 25, 2007
Hey, all Timi Fans, men, women or style,

Join Timi's Fan Club. Send a mail to timisfans-subscribe@yahoogroups.com.

Your mansions in Timi Avenue are waiting for you ,
Re: West African Idols: Season 1 (2007) by cammax7(m): 6:25pm On May 25, 2007
When people say Timi has got low self esteem I dont understand what they say neither do I know where they got that idea from. But whatever, not only does Timi have a great voice, he his absolutly comfortable on stage, very much unlike Joan and Omawumi, who peaked her performances as the show went on and got more comfortable. Timi for me wins it.

But one thing though I would like to know, when is season 2 kicking of and how many of you are going to be participating.
Re: West African Idols: Season 1 (2007) by idim(m): 6:31pm On May 25, 2007
Simmy
     how are u doing?pls,i really think DEDE is only tryin to make he programme look very interestin,despite the fact that he's too hash but at times there are people that win his  heart.
Re: West African Idols: Season 1 (2007) by mimiko(f): 6:32pm On May 25, 2007
naijagal:

TIMI is d winner!!!
Timi ko Timi ni! oma is the winner anytime, infact am going to use all my credit to vote for Omalicious Oma
Re: West African Idols: Season 1 (2007) by mimiko(f): 6:39pm On May 25, 2007
please who is talking about DEDE here for a sec i forgot he was a judge on the show, his funny and mean days re over, i beg lets focus on the contestants.
Re: West African Idols: Season 1 (2007) by Everbright(f): 7:16pm On May 25, 2007
idim:

Simmy
      how are u doing?please,i really think DEDE is only tryin to make he programme look very interestin,despite the fact that he's too hash but at times there are people that win his  heart.
girlie sorry
but just start crying,Timi has already won
pele cry cry
Re: West African Idols: Season 1 (2007) by Sharn06: 7:58pm On May 25, 2007
Timi's the winner. It has to be. cammax7, naijagal & everbright, we own the right guy.
Re: West African Idols: Season 1 (2007) by 9ja4eva: 8:34pm On May 25, 2007
Oh dts so so good to know
Re: West African Idols: Season 1 (2007) by cabali(m): 10:16pm On May 25, 2007
Timi is the best this year West African and American Idols combined!!!!
Re: West African Idols: Season 1 (2007) by segebee(m): 10:26pm On May 25, 2007
all u crazy idols fans undecided wonder wot u guys see in it sad

i prefer nokia first chance, there u see real voices kiss
maybe its cos i dont have dstv cheesy

NB:
oh cabali so u're still alive i've been lookin for u
angry
we still ve scores to settle
see me @ programming section
Re: West African Idols: Season 1 (2007) by Sharn06: 10:45pm On May 25, 2007
Mind you, segebee, I'm more of the Nokia First Chance fan.
Re: West African Idols: Season 1 (2007) by cabali(m): 10:55pm On May 25, 2007
@segebee u greenhorn!!!! go look for ur likes somewhere ya novist!!!!
Re: West African Idols: Season 1 (2007) by Icon(m): 12:09am On May 26, 2007
Sharn06:

Mind you, segebee, I'm more of the Nokia First Chance fan.
Do they have a website? I've not read about it much on the net, save for here.
Re: West African Idols: Season 1 (2007) by kellorah: 1:39am On May 26, 2007
timi won? shocked rubbish good for him wink
congrats timi
Re: West African Idols: Season 1 (2007) by Icon(m): 1:41am On May 26, 2007
kellorah:

timi won? shocked rubbish good for him wink
congrats timi
Where did you hear that?
Re: West African Idols: Season 1 (2007) by kellorah: 1:46am On May 26, 2007
i thought someone just said it!!  shocked

Quote from: naijagal on Yesterday at 02:16:45 PM
TIMI is d winner!!!

phewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

omawunmi to win!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: West African Idols: Season 1 (2007) by Sharn06: 2:25am On May 26, 2007
Re: West African Idols: Season 1 (2007) by Aziza(f): 5:53am On May 26, 2007
Hey, all Timi Fans, men and women of style,

Join Timi's Fan Club. Send a mail to timisfans-subscribe@yahoogroups.com.

Your mansions in Timi Avenue are waiting for you.
Re: West African Idols: Season 1 (2007) by bmo: 11:59am On May 26, 2007
mimiko,
take it or you leave it TIMI is the WA idol. sorry for your credit.
Re: West African Idols: Season 1 (2007) by thabs: 12:17pm On May 26, 2007
Voting officially closed. Finished voting, now I start praying and (shaking).
Re: West African Idols: Season 1 (2007) by Icon(m): 12:19pm On May 26, 2007
thabs:

Yes oh! I must have voted close to 100 times
Re: West African Idols: Season 1 (2007) by bmo: 12:38pm On May 26, 2007
thabs,
no shaking . i strongly believe TIMI is going to be the 1st WA IDOL today 26th of may 2007.
Re: West African Idols: Season 1 (2007) by lawyerchap(m): 2:15pm On May 26, 2007
thabs:

@Thabs
Voting officially closes at midnight tonight (Saturday 26th May) so you've still got all day o keep voting.
Re: West African Idols: Season 1 (2007) by lawyerchap(m): 2:40pm On May 26, 2007
lawyerchap:

@Thabs
Voting officially closes at midnight tonight (Saturday 26th May) so you've still got all day o keep voting.

I am undone. I thought voting was to close at midnight o. It's actually noon. And i had planned some last minute voting for tonight. Mo gbe. Anyway, perhaps now Timi will win it, because i had planned to bury Omawumi under an avalanche of votes. But i still think she'll win it.
Re: West African Idols: Season 1 (2007) by Icon(m): 3:31pm On May 26, 2007
lawyerchap:

I am undone. I thought voting was to close at midnight o. It's actually noon. And i had planned some last minute voting for tonight. Mo gbe. Anyway, perhaps now Timi will win it, because i had planned to bury Omawumi under an avalanche of votes. But i still think she'll win it.
grin grin grin grin
Sorry Sir !!!!! Up Timi !! smiley smiley
Re: West African Idols: Season 1 (2007) by lakeside4love(m): 4:37pm On May 26, 2007
Dry west african idol

Nokia First Chance Rocks
Re: West African Idols: Season 1 (2007) by Gamine(f): 6:42pm On May 26, 2007
I know Timi would win, cry

But i voted for Omawumi!!!!!!!!!!yay!! grin
Re: West African Idols: Season 1 (2007) by Ifeniyi22(m): 7:37pm On May 26, 2007
i really don't understand all the fuss about omawumi been versatile.the point is to get the best voice out of the whole bunch.when was the last time anyone heard Micheal Bolton, Elton john, seal rap, do ragga? imagine Michael jackson trying the Bennie man thing.my point is that at times the uniqueness is what stands you out.in this very competitive world of music, you really can't afford the luxury of jack of all trades because quite simply you cant be master of all.we all know what Whitney Houston, mariah cariah stand for.i have seen omawumi perform different genres,now I actually have a difficulty placing her in a particular category.
she is a good singer no doubt but for me it definitely has to be TIMI.
TIMI FOR CONSISTENCY
TIMI FOR A PARTICULAR STYLE
TIMI FOR RAISING THE ROOF.
TIMI FOR, grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (24) (Reply)

Raymond Akaolisa 'DJ Raw' Is Dead - His Last Message To Friends Will Shock You / Top 20 Biggest And Most Popular Songs In Nigeria 2016 / Tonto Dike - Hi & Itz Ova

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.