Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,350 members, 7,888,119 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 07:50 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 11 - Travel (95) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 11 (927434 Views)

Peace Mass Bus Travelling To Abuja Involved In Fatal Accident,Many Dead(photos) / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 / Travelling To Canada Part 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) ... (405) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 8:04pm On Oct 01, 2016
Avalon316:

What calibre of people work as visa officers for Canadian embassies? Is anyone too old to acquire knowledge.? The kind of reasons they conjure to deny college applicants dey silly.
e tire me oo,e dy low and para my morale
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by ziggy3579: 8:07pm On Oct 01, 2016
@carter001 I got notification of ur mail but its not in my box, I don send u PM sha. Biko reply
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 8:16pm On Oct 01, 2016
ziggy3579:
@carter001 I got notification of ur mail but its not in my box, I don send u PM sha. Biko reply
any waka una make no forget say me and you dey for chat..
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by ziggy3579: 8:26pm On Oct 01, 2016
Lol, we gather dey wink
michV:
any waka una make no forget say me and you dey for chat..
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by almeida3: 8:40pm On Oct 01, 2016
brandymcmb:

Send a scanned copy of your Bsc certificate, you also have to send a hard copy of both English proficiency letter and transcript if you haven't done so Sir

Ok! thank you very much. I thought as much. I will send them as soon as possible...

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 8:44pm On Oct 01, 2016
Good Day my good people.
I have been following this thread since 2014, Am not new here, and few people may know me.
Its very painful for all denials, may God grant the refused applicants their heart desire.
I got few solutions to the refused applicants, please listen attentively to the following instructions.
1. Age of 16 to 20 should only apply to college, or university.
2. Age 16 to 23 to university. (dont near college if above age of 23)
3.Avoid diploma,certificate programs if you are above 23.
FINANCIAL ISSUES
4. Masters applicants must show prove of fund readily available for studies. i.e. money specially kept in your account (Study Grant, Academic Grant) etc, for feeding, tuition, transportation and books,
5. Sponsorship account alone is not sufficient as prove of fund,
6. Show evidence of employment in home country and evidence of income.
7. write a very strong SOP and explain each academic gaps.
Canadian immigration do not stop issuance of study permit, they only changed their policy over review of student visa for Nigerian applicants due to some reasons. (student claiming asylum upon arrival, recession in Nigeria etc)
For applicant with third class, Hnd, or second class lower with age 16 to 20 can still apply for diploma, graduate diploma and certificate diploma.
If you are above the listed age, and you apply, your chance is very slim and hopefully the success rate is 1 out of 5 applicant.
You can contribute more to this.
Good luck.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by spores99(m): 9:02pm On Oct 01, 2016
Haustraliah:
Good Day my good people.
I have been following this thread since 2014, Am not new here, and few people may know me.
Its very painful for all denials, may God grant the refused applicants their heart desire.
I got few solutions to the refused applicants, please listen attentively to the following instructions.
FINANCIAL ISSUES
4. Masters applicants must show prove of fund readily available for studies. i.e. money specially kept in your account (Study Grant, Academic Grant) etc, for feeding, tuition, transportation and books,
Canadian immigration do not stop issuance of study permit, they only changed their policy over review of student visa for Nigerian applicants due to some reasons. (student claiming asylum upon arrival, recession in Nigeria etc)
For applicant with third class, Hnd, or second class lower with age 16 to 20 can still apply for diploma, graduate diploma and certificate diploma.
If you are above the listed age, and you apply, your chance is very slim and hopefully the success rate is 1 out of 5 applicant.
Good luck.

thanks for the info....so whats the way forward ? hardly in nigeria can u see someone finish HND, Bsc at d age of 23... please advise on the way out? if possible
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by nam16: 9:15pm On Oct 01, 2016
Each applicant should write their own authority letter for pick up...however the mail got was it for 3 of you or just yours? Did you use your email for the 3 applications?
thinkersrule:
Hello ##landers

I think my case is quite different here, I ve being an active reader of this trend for a very long time (yrs) and I av perused through all the pages, and I will say a big thumb up to all of you both home n abroad helping people here.

I need help too!!!

My case goes thus;

My dad is the sponsor, and he is sponsoring 6 of us out of which 3 of my brothers were dropped because of their age(they have passed the age of dependent child) remaining 3 of us. Out of the 3 of us that's remaining, I am the eldest, but about 3 months ago, i got a mail from accra requesting the Passports n photos of two of us (myself and my younger brother) but I didnt get passport request for my youngest bro (age 17yrs), but when I sent the passports and photos, I sent for the 3 of us(including my youngest bro' s passport dt i didnt get his own passport request). Now just about 2 weeks ago I got a mail stating d readiness of our document and dt i should make arrangement for pick up which i authorized dhl to do so on our behalf. But when i wrote the authorization letter(authorization letter is the letter that dhl will show them at accra embassy dt I indeed sent them to pick up my trvs), I included the names of 3 of us, uci n application numbers in the letter. But just 2days ago when DHL came back to deliver our parcel, they brought just only one trv docs, which is my own, I didn't get the passports and documents for my younger and youngest bros

Now my questions:

-What can I do to get the remaining 2 passports n documents

-must the authority letter be signed by each of us and sent separately(i sent only one which i included all our names uci n app no.)

- should I mail the emmbassy at accra and wait for their reply or i should just send DHL again this time with separate authority letters signed by the 2 of them?

N.B: I AM THE ONLY ONE ACCRA EMBASSY COMMUNICATE WITH AMONG US.

THANKS as i await your answers.

#thinkersrule

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 9:18pm On Oct 01, 2016
spores99:

thanks for the info....so whats the way forward ? hardly in nigeria can u see someone finish HND, Bsc at d age of 23... please advise on the way out? if possible
It could have been a different issue if you have applied three months ago. things has changed, and it does not worth it risking 235 dollars to cic, i will suggest you look forward to Australia.
Good luck.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by wealth360: 9:22pm On Oct 01, 2016
Haustraliah:
Good Day my good people.
FINANCIAL ISSUES
Good luck.

U just limit the age group Btw 16 to 23. What abt age 29 to 31...make dem no apply? abeg talk put
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by thinkersrule: 9:25pm On Oct 01, 2016
Pls help withh this

thinkersrule:
Hello ##landers

I think my case is quite different here, I ve being an active reader of this trend for a very long time (yrs) and I av perused through all the pages, and I will say a big thumb up to all of you both home n abroad helping people here.

I need help too!!!

My case goes thus;

My dad is the sponsor, and he is sponsoring 6 of us out of which 3 of my brothers were dropped because of their age(they have passed the age of dependent child) remaining 3 of us. Out of the 3 of us that's remaining, I am the eldest, but about 3 months ago, i got a mail from accra requesting the Passports n photos of two of us (myself and my younger brother) but I didnt get passport request for my youngest bro (age 17yrs), but when I sent the passports and photos, I sent for the 3 of us(including my youngest bro' s passport dt i didnt get his own passport request). Now just about 2 weeks ago I got a mail stating d readiness of our document and dt i should make arrangement for pick up which i authorized dhl to do so on our behalf. But when i wrote the authorization letter(authorization letter is the letter that dhl will show them at accra embassy dt I indeed sent them to pick up my trvs), I included the names of 3 of us, uci n application numbers in the letter. But just 2days ago when DHL came back to deliver our parcel, they brought just only one trv docs, which is my own, I didn't get the passports and documents for my younger and youngest bros

Now my questions:

-What can I do to get the remaining 2 passports n documents

-must the authority letter be signed by each of us and sent separately(i sent only one which i included all our names uci n app no.)

- should I mail the emmbassy at accra and wait for their reply or i should just send DHL again this time with separate authority letters signed by the 2 of them?

N.B: I AM THE ONLY ONE ACCRA EMBASSY COMMUNICATE WITH AMONG US.

THANKS as i await your answers.

#thinkersrule
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by almeida3: 9:28pm On Oct 01, 2016
taiwo92:
@almeida3 confirmation of result means u have to get ur result certified from ur school and get a letter from ur registrar stating that the mode of instructions in ur school is English. what are u applying for because am also a prospective Mun.
Got it. Thanks for the heads up!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 9:29pm On Oct 01, 2016
Haustraliah:
Good Day my good people.
FINANCIAL ISSUES
Canadian immigration did not stop issuance of study permit, they only changed their policy over review of student visa for Nigerian applicants due to some reasons. (student claiming asylum upon arrival, recession in Nigeria etc)
Good luck.
you speak like a VO or if ur people work there.
Change of policies i quite agree with you but the ages your are quoting though..

2.1 class students should avoid PGC(D) when applying for TRV.
If you have years of experience avoid applying TRV with PGC(d) cos chances are slim??

While trying luck with them as it's appearing to be cos canada is hotcake now and no longer easier as it seems to be,consider Germany

4 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by almeida3: 9:33pm On Oct 01, 2016
Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by ziggy3579: 9:41pm On Oct 01, 2016
Abeg, shey all this Canadian schools go pay refund of tuition into a dollar dorm account?

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by thinkersrule: 9:44pm On Oct 01, 2016
Thank you Nam and God bless

I used the same mail for the 3 of us.

The mail gotten stated "document" (without "s"wink.

So I can't tell if they meant only one person (me) or maybe they did mistake not pluralising d document.

What do u think Nam16

nam16:
Each applicant should write their own authority letter for pick up...however the mail got was it for 3 of you or just yours? Did you use your email for the 3 applications?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 9:44pm On Oct 01, 2016
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 9:45pm On Oct 01, 2016
ziggy3579:
Abeg, shey all this Canadian schools go pay refund of tuition into a dollar dorm account?
yea of cos if you have 1,that means you ll be addressing the refund to a third party,if you don't possess one
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 9:45pm On Oct 01, 2016
What about lambton college ? Do they request for part payement tuition fee? I want to apply for PGD marketing.
burrytee:

conestoga accept part payment. u can as well check your acceptance letter stated you can deposit cad1500 or thereabout. I did my payment in two installment. cheers
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 9:49pm On Oct 01, 2016
wealth360:

U just limit the age group Btw 16 to 23. What abt age 29 to 31...make dem no apply? abeg talk put
Masters program is Ok, but you must show accessibility of fund without relying on your sponsor.
Any level of program below masters for that age is at your own risk oooo.
Wish you the best, always avoid red flag.
Good luck smiley smiley smiley smiley
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 9:55pm On Oct 01, 2016
Haustraliah:

Masters program is Ok, but you must show accessibility of fund without relying on your sponsor.
Any level of program below masters for that age is at your own risk oooo.
Wish you the best, always avoid red flag.
Good luck smiley smiley smiley smiley
@bolded,invariably what are you insinuating here because you stormed like a messenger this evening/night cool

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by tysaxmalomo: 9:57pm On Oct 01, 2016
Osemigho:
After a long break am back with a new name. I prefer to be anonymous for some reasons. However for very curious ones, I was actively looking for the face behind Justwise between season 8-10 till I got *faceless*.

After Toronto, Ryerson and Manitoba admission refusal, new profile includes GA position in top 9ja public University. By the way, Na only UofToronto send me courier mail of admission refusal. So, am reapplying to UofT and other schools.

Please, I need someone in UofSaS, Queen'sU, UWO, BrockU, UofManitoba or Uvic that can help with physical visit to their geography department. Dem faculty no gree reply mail and I need supervisor before submitting application. Anyone willing to help with any canny geography department can PM or reply too. Thank you so much, God bless.

I read some refusals in previous pages and would like to ask if submission and evaluation of profiles before and after Visa application still occur in this group.

I need every MA or MSc admission mentor I can get. Pls PM if you willing to be one.

Activating project Fall 2016. #GodLeadWeFollow.
#HappyIndependence9ja.
#GodBlessUsAll.

From what I know, if you need a supervisor, are u contacting them to supervise you in their area of interest as regards research and are u mailing them without a prototype of your research proposal? Most professors will not take u serious if you don't send them a draft of your research proposal, make sure your introduction gives them enough info to know hat your research is going to be about.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by ziggy3579: 9:58pm On Oct 01, 2016
Better, na dollar I want back grin make dem no go send me one stupid naira .
michV:
yea of cos if you have 1,that means you ll be addressing the refund to a third party,if you don't possess one
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 10:06pm On Oct 01, 2016
ziggy3579:
Better, na dollar I want back grin make dem no go send me one stupid naira .
my nigga..as Canada don dey change am for us,e be like say we go go another guru lectures to re-understand their system grin
Na trial and error mechanism na e people don they use.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by ziggy3579: 10:14pm On Oct 01, 2016
Them dey crase, Almighty America sef dey give visa without having a penny in ur acct as long as d money dey ur sponsors account. Their yanga too much
michV:
my nigga..as Canada don dey change am for us,e be like say we go go another guru lectures to re-understand their system grin
Na trial and error mechanism na e people don they use.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Judgepelumi(m): 11:52pm On Oct 01, 2016
almeida3:

Got it. Thanks for the heads up! I'm going in for Msc Physics... U?
bro was Gre part of ur requirements?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 2:17am On Oct 02, 2016
Haustraliah:
Good Day my good people.
FINANCIAL ISSUES
Good luck.
please sir do i do i take the toefl test after getting admission or before?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by burrytee(m): 3:50am On Oct 02, 2016
pepe4reps:
What about lambton college ? Do they request for part payement tuition fee? I want to apply for PGD marketing.
Sure they do. I was asked to pay some part to convert my conditional admission to official admission. I jst prefer my other option to these schl.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by tayonani: 5:34am On Oct 02, 2016
nam16:
nice course..CIC like this type of course...
bro, it will work well, pls ppl stop all ur generalization and work on ur next applications. If u re of age dont use sponsor Acct.
I was refused to but i know what i want, will re apply soon early nxt yr
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by almeida3: 6:02am On Oct 02, 2016
Judgepelumi:
bro was Gre part of ur requirements?
No it wasn't.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by greenbackboogie(m): 6:32am On Oct 02, 2016
almeida3:
Good morning Fam n Happy independence.
To those who have applied/currently applying to MUN. Please what document represents; confirmation: degree awarded? - - Bachelors. (last row on the table below) does this have anything to do with my certificate or Proof of language of instruction?
Thanks
Basically they meant to say that you provide your degree certificate that shows you satisfactorily completed the Bachelor Degree program you stated you studied. that wont be confirmed by the school as received until your transcript is received by the school. how did i know this? i once applied to MUN to study petroleum engineering but was refused.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 7:04am On Oct 02, 2016
FINgames:
please sir do i do i take the toefl test after getting admission or before?
Most Canadian universities do not require English test for applicants from Nigeria, meanwhile you can request for waiver.
I think Memorial university dont waive it.

(1) (2) (3) ... (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) ... (405)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.