Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,245 members, 7,939,926 topics. Date: Wednesday, 04 September 2024 at 02:17 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered - Travel (120) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered (314357 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / Toefl For Tier 4 Pbs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (117) (118) (119) (120) (121) (122) (123) ... (141) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 10:37am On Aug 27, 2011
Boy619:

Because am using two names,there is difference in my fathers name that appear in my academic results and my pasport(birth certfcte).Because my father is using two names.

Ok, i understand that now, affidavit from the court will be accepted
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by Teamo2(f): 1:05pm On Aug 27, 2011
Justwise,Pls cry cry cry cry cry answer me do u tink i should go ahead cos i dn't want any disappointment again.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 1:20pm On Aug 27, 2011
Te-amo:

Ok

I've paid my full tuition fee and also my full accommodation fee and also I've been issued another new CAS number from my school.

From what d woman i met told me, she said i dn't need any bank statement [/b]as long as i've paid all d necessary fee needed and its was all stated in my new CAS form.

I want to know if u (*justwise*), if u tink i should go ahead cos i'm planning on re-applying next week Monday.

If you have paid all the fees and accommodation, how about the maintenance fees? If ur school is in London then u need to have[b] £7200 in ur account for 28days but if ur school is outside London then u need £5400 for the same number of days. So it will be £7200 or £5400 minus the money u paid for accommodation (you have to attach the receipt as well)

You still need to present the bank account with ur maintenance money on it and it shouldn't be company's account. The woman is wrong
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by gbaby87(m): 3:27pm On Aug 27, 2011
Na wa o!@Te amo, you do realize justwise is a person right? His heartbeat is not on nairaland o! Demanding answers and attention, you need to calm down, if you're in a hurry, sucks for you, next time don't do naija time for your visa! Its a fine thing this forum don't tire the people that make it function by not being considerate, I'm just saying
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 5:45pm On Aug 27, 2011
gbaby87:

Na wa o!@Te amo, you do realize justwise is a person right? His heartbeat is not on nairaland o! Demanding answers and attention, you need to calm down, if you're in a hurry, sucks for you, next time don't do naija time for your visa! Its a fine thing this forum don't tire the people that make it function by not being considerate, I'm just saying

Have u been issued visa?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by gbaby87(m): 7:36pm On Aug 27, 2011
Nope!I'm still waiting on mine. Turned it in on the 9th and I swear if boko haram pull that stunt again and they deny me,every suyaman in lagos will pay!!!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 7:47pm On Aug 27, 2011
gbaby87:

Nope!I'm still waiting on mine. Turned it in on the 9th and I swear if boko haram pull that stunt again and they deny me,every suyaman in lagos will pay!!!

Oh ok, nah u will be fine, boko haram killing will not stop BHC from doing their job. Which school did u applied for?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by Nobody: 8:29pm On Aug 27, 2011
Hi guys, I was here last year actually. I got my Student visa last year around this time. Actually, I did a foundation programme in Uni. Glamorgan last year and I will be needing a visa extension to continue my degree ( which i will finish in three years) No, I already read the visa extension pages on the UKBA website and it said I will be needing to show my full fees for my first year + maintenance funds for only two months ( which is equivalent to 1200 pounds since I'm outside the London Boroughs) I'm sure of this but I need to be extra sure. My current visa expires in October this year and I'll be submitting my application on Thursday after the holiday. (+ I completed my foundation programme just three months ago) I copied and Pasted what's below directly from the UKBA website.

"Do you have an 'established presence'?

Any student (including a postgraduate doctor or a student union sabbatical officer) has an established presence studying in the UK if they:

completed a single course of study lasting at least 6 months during their most recent permission to stay in the UK, which ended no more than 4 months before their current Tier 4 application; or
are applying to continue studying on a single course in the UK, of which they have completed at least 6 months.

Additionally, their current or most recent permission to stay must have been:

under Tier 4; or
as a student under the former Immigration Rules that were in force until 30 March 2009; or
as a postgraduate doctor or dentist.

You cannot amalgamate 2 or more courses to make up the 6 months' study.

Your current location (inside or outside the UK) does not affect whether you have an established presence here as a student .
How much money do you need?

If you have an established presence, you must show that you have enough money to cover your living costs (see above) for:

2 months; or
the length of your course, if this is less than 2 months.

If you do not have an established presence, you must show that you have enough money to cover your living costs (see above) for:

9 months; or
the length of your course, if this is less than 9 months.

If the length of your course includes a part of a month, we will round the time up to the next month. For example, if a course lasts 7 months and 2 weeks, you must show (unless you have an established presence) that you can pay your living costs for 8 months. "

You can find this at: http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/studyingintheuk/adult-students/can-you-apply/money/how-much/#
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by gbaby87(m): 9:31pm On Aug 27, 2011
@ justwise,I'm going to the University of Wales,Bangor
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by ocheejemb: 10:00pm On Aug 27, 2011
Hey guys, this is my first post on nairaland ever.

Ive been following this thread for a few weeks now and i must say it was extremely helpful while i waited for my visa. I stumbled on it a few days after I had made my application and while i followed most of the rules as described in the UKBA website I missed out one thing, which was doing the OANDA printout thing. Also on the day i submitted i discovered they had just changed the application form so i rushed to download,print and fill a new one that morning. It was when i was about to submit at VFS i discovered that the printer had some formatting issues and misprinted some of the characters replacing them with strange symbols. At this point there was nothing i could do but pray that it wouldn't be an issue.
These oddities were however a great source of worry for me as i waited for the confirmation sms. I battled with anxiety and kept thinking what if this and that? Thankfully i received my visa this week after 15 working days if u don't count the day i applied.

All the tips and advice have been outlined here but i want to add something extra. Intending applicants for any visa should endeavour to make appointments online on VFS website. Im not sure what it is again but google is your friend. It seriously cuts your wating time at the application centre and you get attended to immediately. Kinda like paying that 10k for VIP treatment.

In going to St Andrews in Scotland in September, anyone here going my direction?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 10:24pm On Aug 27, 2011
Cori_corde:

Hi guys, I was here last year actually. I got my Student visa last year around this time. Actually, I did a foundation programme in Uni. Glamorgan last year and I will be needing a visa extension to continue my degree ( which i will finish in three years) No, I already read the visa extension pages on the UKBA website and it said I will be needing to show my full fees for my first year + maintenance funds for only two months ( which is equivalent to 1200 pounds since I'm outside the London Boroughs) I'm sure of this but I need to be extra sure. My current visa expires in October this year and I'll be submitting my application on Thursday after the holiday. (+ I completed my foundation programme just three months ago) I copied and Pasted what's below directly from the UKBA website.

"Do you have an 'established presence'?

Any student (including a postgraduate doctor or a student union sabbatical officer) has an established presence studying in the UK if they:

completed a single course of study lasting at least 6 months during their most recent permission to stay in the UK, which ended no more than 4 months before their current Tier 4 application; or
are applying to continue studying on a single course in the UK, of which they have completed at least 6 months.

Additionally, their current or most recent permission to stay must have been:

under Tier 4; or
as a student under the former Immigration Rules that were in force until 30 March 2009; or
as a postgraduate doctor or dentist.

You cannot amalgamate 2 or more courses to make up the 6 months' study.

Your current location (inside or outside the UK) does not affect whether you have an established presence here as a student .
How much money do you need?

If you have an established presence, you must show that you have enough money to cover your living costs (see above) for:

2 months; or
the length of your course, if this is less than 2 months.

If you do not have an established presence, you must show that you have enough money to cover your living costs (see above) for:

9 months; or
the length of your course, if this is less than 9 months.

If the length of your course includes a part of a month, we will round the time up to the next month. For example, if a course lasts 7 months and 2 weeks, you must show (unless you have an established presence) that you can pay your living costs for 8 months. "

You can find this at: http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/studyingintheuk/adult-students/can-you-apply/money/how-much/#
The bolded part is all u need for an extension of that nature + ur result transcripts
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 10:25pm On Aug 27, 2011
gbaby87:

@ justwise,I'm going to the University of Wales,Bangor

I'm sure u will enjoy it there, Wales is a lovely place.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 10:27pm On Aug 27, 2011
oche_ejemb:

Hey guys, this is my first post on nairaland ever.

Ive been following this thread for a few weeks now and i must say it was extremely helpful while i waited for my visa. I stumbled on it a few days after I had made my application and while i followed most of the rules as described in the UKBA website I missed out one thing, which was doing the OANDA printout thing. Also on the day i submitted i discovered they had just changed the application form so i rushed to download,print and fill a new one that morning. It was when i was about to submit at VFS i discovered that the printer had some formatting issues and misprinted some of the characters replacing them with strange symbols. At this point there was nothing i could do but pray that it wouldn't be an issue.
These oddities were however a great source of worry for me as i waited for the confirmation sms. I battled with anxiety and kept thinking what if this and that? Thankfully i received my visa this week after 15 working days if u don't count the day i applied.

All the tips and advice have been outlined here but i want to add something extra. Intending applicants for any visa should endeavour to make appointments online on VFS website. Im not sure what it is again but google is your friend. It seriously cuts your wating time at the application centre and you get attended to immediately. Kinda like paying that 10k for VIP treatment.

In going to St Andrews in Scotland in September, anyone here going my direction?
Congrat!! Good school as well, a member of Royal family attended that university.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by gbaby87(m): 12:48am On Aug 28, 2011
Yeah I'm lookin forward to it, relaxing and clean environment. Hard time accepting that I'd be freezing 70% of the time, but hey it could be worse, I could be in scotland!!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 8:06am On Aug 28, 2011
gbaby87:

Yeah I'm lookin forward to it, relaxing and clean environment[b]. Hard time accepting that I'd be freezing 70% of the time, but hey it could be worse, I could be in scotland!!
[/b]

Well. . . UK weather can be harsh, just get ur winter jacket ready grin grin
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by Nobody: 2:51pm On Aug 28, 2011
hello NL, successful application to us all, insha Allah
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by Teamo2(f): 7:47pm On Aug 28, 2011
gbaby87:

@Gbaby87,can u pls shut d f*** up.

I thank God justwise is not lyk u.

@justwise,thanks 4 all your advise and all,may Baba Jesus continue to bless n strengthen u n may u never encounter any type of problem dat has no solution IJN.

@Gbaby87,it will b better if your lips r sealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed.
pshewwwwwwwww
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by gbaby87(m): 11:01pm On Aug 28, 2011
@ Te amo, I wonder if its the same mouth you use to praise God and roll out prayers that you used to tell me to quote: 'shut the f**k up',either way you should wash them both! be sure that you want to enter a verbal battle with me before you reply because you will not win, I assure you.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by Nobody: 12:32am On Aug 29, 2011
Pls i need help on payment of school fees. Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by Teamo2(f): 8:24am On Aug 29, 2011
gbaby87:

@ Te amo, I wonder if its the same mouth you use to praise God and roll out prayers that you used to tell me to quote: 'shut the bleep up',either way you should wash them both! be sure that you want to enter a verbal battle with me before you reply because you will not win, I assure you.   

I already know your type n blieve me its only a fool dat will enter any silly verbal battle or watever u call it.

Abt my mouth,go check your Bible very well. Its d same mouth Jesus used in rebuking the fools lyk u he also used in praising d wise.

Can ur mental capability take dat?

Abeg,LOG OFF jaree,  tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by gbaby87(m): 9:03am On Aug 29, 2011
@Te Amo, and here you are, still barking. With 90% of your brain overheating from the stress of thinking and typing,you my want to read that Bible again, because words like fool and foolish, have never been in the same sentence with J.C, but with you however, its probably your first and last name,don't worry when BHC see your face they'll understand the title
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by Teamo2(f): 9:12am On Aug 29, 2011
Answer a fool according 2 his/her foolishness n she/he will tink she/he's wise.
Dat's just d case here.

Don't worry continue talking wen ur battery is low,u will shut up.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by EmmaIK: 10:27am On Aug 29, 2011
Please i need help.
i just ccollected my uk refusal letter.

ECO comment
PBS guidance states that you are required to show that you have held sufficient funds for your first year tuition fees and maintenance costs. These amounts must be held in your personal bank account or your parent’s bank account or in an international bank account for a minimum period of 28days. The end of which must not be more than one month before the date of your application, for which you must show bank statements. Your remaining tuition fees are GBP13200 and your remaining maintenance is GBP 5400. Total GBP18600. As evidence you submitted statements of ………, clinic and maternity. Whilst you may have access to these funds in the company bank account, this account is not evidence of your personal funds and you have not provided evidence that this company operates in more than one country. Therefore it’s not acceptable. I am therefore not satisfied that you have achieved the required 10 points. And therefore refuse your visa application.

Please what do I do since I want to apply again?

What do i do?
in the refusal letter my CAS i scored 30 points.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by gbaby87(m): 11:02am On Aug 29, 2011
@Te amo, again. You know you subscribe to a special kind of foolishness? Ever heard of charging?? Where I live we know what electricity does, its an electrical charge that enables you to power all electrically powered appliances. I've educated you, yet again. Unless of course all your equipment is substandard (like yourself), I can understand how you would think a battery cannot be recharged. In fact, I'm beginning to think you're too stupid to be foolish
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by Boy619: 12:15pm On Aug 29, 2011
Guyz! Stop it!! Its more than enough! Lets focus wat d forum wants and benefit 4rm it! Pleeeease!!!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by Boy619: 12:26pm On Aug 29, 2011
@emma , seemz u hv submit bank statmnt which is nt in ur name,u hv 2 knw tht bank statement "must" b in ur nem and m0ney in it must cover 28 days and date of closing balance must nt b more than a m0nth prior to ur applictaion.Dnt hurry to apply first consider these rules there after, college "must" send u an0ther cas dnt use da same cas.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by EmmaIK: 12:35pm On Aug 29, 2011
thanks for the replies.
the bank statement is in my father's name.
do i still have to apply for another CAS?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by Boy619: 12:48pm On Aug 29, 2011
If u want to use ur fathers bnk statement,then u hv 2 submit ur father birth certfcte and letter fr0m ur father stating that he is ready to sponsor u 4 the whole period of ur studies and enable u to acces and provide da m0ney whnver u want.YES u hv ask 4 anther CAS 4rm ur tier 4 sp0nsor, coz after refusal cas bcome invalid.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by EmmaIK: 1:06pm On Aug 29, 2011
@boy. Thanks.
I submitted the letter but still got refused.
is it because it was a coporate account?
is there anything i can supply like tax clearance? because my dad is the sole signatory to the account?
God bless.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by Boy619: 1:45pm On Aug 29, 2011
@emmy, dont use ur fathers company account they will refuse u again, account must b in your fathers name ,and thus,even if ur fathers signatory it doesnt matter.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by gbaby87(m): 3:57pm On Aug 29, 2011
All I said is not to take the people here for granted, is all I said. Anyway I'll stop
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by mailphiny: 5:41pm On Aug 29, 2011
please this is my first post, i have bin followin dis thread, i have a scholarship nd remainin fund in my brodas acc. who is my legal guardian. we bare thesame surname, i have a court document naming both of us and a letter him showing his approval. hope this will be enough as evidence of fundsplease this is my first post, i have bin followin dis thread, i have a scholarship nd remainin fund in my brodas acc. who is my legal guardian. we bare thesame surname, i have a court document naming both of us and a letter him showing his approval. hope this will be enough as evidence of funds

(1) (2) (3) ... (117) (118) (119) (120) (121) (122) (123) ... (141)

My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam / U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer / Which Country In Africa Has The Most Beautiful Women?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.