Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,394 members, 7,950,850 topics. Date: Tuesday, 17 September 2024 at 01:06 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered - Travel (96) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered (314643 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / Toefl For Tier 4 Pbs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) ... (141) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by Nobody: 6:57pm On May 14, 2011
@justwise, pls dont tel me its no longer 7200 ponds in ur acct? then how much is it going to be now?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 6:59pm On May 14, 2011
dammiac:

@justwise, pls dont tel me its no longer 7200 ponds in your acct? then how much is it going to be now?

. . . still £7200 for inside london schools.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by Nobody: 7:01pm On May 14, 2011
pls where did u get dis info??

@justwise pls shed more light on dis
mazamaza:

hallo justwise and others,

it is true that applicants (even post-graduate studies) now have to show proof of their english language abilities. And I believe its just a scheme for them to make money as they very well know that a country like Nigeria is an english speaking country. Before I was assigned my cas number recently, the admissions office insisted that i had to show proof that i was taught in english even though my transcript was in english and so I had to get a letter from my school to prove that i was indeed taught in english - it is stated on the CAS letter that they got a confirmation letter from the school. I just do not know if that will be enough information for when I plan to apply for my visa or if I still have to write the IELTS test as is now required for the tier 4 visa.

They have a NARIC body which can evaluate your taught degree from your country and comfirm if it is equivalent to what they can accept but ofcourse, that is not free too. So it is just a way to make money.

Another thing is that from july, instead of the normal 28days which maintenance fees and remainder of tuition should sit, they would require applicants to agree that they will have the sum for the entire time of study (decreasing as they maybe pay off tuition and months' maintenance decrease),  the changes are so tight and I am aiming to apply in June as i no wan carry igbese for head.

please, share your understanding on this recent development.

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by Nobody: 7:03pm On May 14, 2011
did u c wat mazamaza posted? the changes dat will occur from july?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 7:05pm On May 14, 2011
dammiac:

did u c wat mazamaza posted? the changes dat will occur from july?

Yes. . .signing of an agreement that u will have all the money throughout ur course.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by Nobody: 7:09pm On May 14, 2011
thanks, but how on earth are we going to go about that? y r u not online?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 7:14pm On May 14, 2011
dammiac:

thanks, but how on earth are we going to go about that? y r u not online?

When u sign the agreement u are basically agreeing to show that money anytime u are asked to.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by nneumuitoo: 1:27am On May 15, 2011
@justwise please am planing to Apply for a course in kingsland college of business studies london i already have my IELTS Result but what i need to know is if the school is registered under the uk border Agency before i give them any money cos i made such mistake last time and won't make dat again pls help me ok JUSTWISE, thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 7:35am On May 15, 2011
nneumuitoo:

@justwise please am planing to Apply for a course in kingsland college of business studies london i already have my IELTS Result but what i need to know is if the school is registered under the uk border Agency before i give them any money cos i made such mistake last time and won't make dat again pls help me ok JUSTWISE, thanks

Give me their website.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by samsanyus(m): 10:15pm On May 15, 2011
@nneumuitoo, I've not seen any kingsland college in the list of registered sponsor
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 10:26pm On May 15, 2011
samsanyus:

@nneumuitoo, I've not seen any kingsland college in the list of registered sponsor

I don't think that is their registered name
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by nneumuitoo: 1:14am On May 16, 2011
@justwise : www.kingslandcollege.com

Channelsea House
Canning Road, Off Abbey Lane, Stratford
London E15 3ND
United Kingdom
+44 (0)208 22 11 454 (Phone)
+44 (0)208 22 11 930 (Fax)
Email: admins@kingslandcollege.com
that there information please help me ok
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 6:55am On May 16, 2011
nneumuitoo:

@justwise : www.kingslandcollege.com
Channelsea House
Canning Road, Off Abbey Lane, Stratford
London E15 3ND
United Kingdom
+44 (0)208 22 11 454 (Phone)
+44 (0)208 22 11 930 (Fax)
Email: admins@kingslandcollege.com
that there information please help me ok
They are not registered, keep ur money.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by mazamaza: 1:38am On May 18, 2011
@dammiac,

yes, it is true, that will be coming into effect from july where you would have to sign an agreement because they claim applicants don't actually have the means to support thmselves at the end of the day and just do the 28days statement stuff then return the cash from wherever it came from, It is honestly difficult for some people apart from the priviledged few to really have that money, they just think international students have the cash, that is why i have to apply in june because I do not own the money in my account now and can not sign to igbese grin grin grin , by the time I return to Nigeria, I would have paid more of the tuition to take the focus off, but june it is oo, grin grin grin

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitecontent/documents/news/sop4.pdf

jump to page 4.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by mazamaza: 1:48am On May 18, 2011
@nneumuitoo,

and justwise, correct me but I think any genuine UK university website should end with .ac.uk, the ukba is tightening the noose on educational sponsors too so it is advisable to use a highly trusted sponsor. It is somewhere. Will post the link when I find it.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by nneumuitoo: 8:41am On May 24, 2011
@justwise pls wat of katherine&kings college r dey registrd n hw long does it tak for dem to issue admission letter? pls tank
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by nneumuitoo: 8:49am On May 24, 2011
@justwise i want to knw if i can round up before the new law starts in July,. thank you very much for your help u r an Angel.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by Nobody: 8:58am On May 24, 2011
Pls wat new law is coming in july again oooo??
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by Again2(m): 9:09am On May 24, 2011
nneumuitoo:

@justwise pls wat of katherine&kings college r dey registrd n hw long does it tak for dem to issue admission letter? pls tank

Don't waste ur money, they are not registered, i think they were suspened last yr according this student who is fighting them for refund.

http://www.adviceforyou.org.uk/blog/college-complaints/katherine-and-kings-college-london-refund-policy/
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by Again2(m): 9:11am On May 24, 2011
nneumuitoo:

@justwise i want to knw if i can round up before the new law starts in July,. thank you very much for your help u r an Angel.

Why would u want to beat the new law? If u have the money for ur studies then the new law got nothing to do with u, only pple who got something to hide will be worried abt the new law.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by Again2(m): 9:25am On May 24, 2011
dammiac:

Pls wat new law is coming in july again oooo??

There is no new law in the real sense of it, pple are only trying to get themselves in a mess.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by mazamaza: 12:23pm On May 24, 2011
@Again2,
it is not about people having something to hide. Most genuine people who apply never really have that money that is shown in their accounts. Apart from a few select from rich homes.

Some people pay part of the tuition and work during their studies to pay the rest but they dont initially have that amount for maintenance fees in their accounts. From July 2011, applicants will have to sign an agreement that they will have access to whatever they proove in their accounts at anytime even after the 28 days and I guess they might check because they mentioned bringing out a list of accredited banks soon.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by Nobody: 12:38pm On May 24, 2011
But we still av to hold the 7200 pounds in our account? Just d agreement makes d new law!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by mazamaza: 12:51pm On May 24, 2011
yes, 7200 for inner london,  and well, the remaining tuition if you haven't completed payment,  it is good to add extra if possible like costs for flight tickets.

I realise that we will have to submit originals of our documents - I have lost the original of my waec certificate but have a photocopy. Has anyone ever been in this position? I want to know what to do because I know that waec does not re-issue certificates if anything happens to the originals. Do they give cover letters to validate the photocopies or what? Does anyone know?

thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by Again2(m): 1:01pm On May 24, 2011
mazamaza:

@Again2,
it is not about people having something to hide. Most genuine people who apply never really have that money that is shown in their accounts. Apart from a few select from rich homes.

Some people pay part of the tuition and work during their studies to pay the rest but they dont initially have that amount for maintenance fees in their accounts. From July 2011, applicants will have to sign an agreement that they will have access to whatever they proove in their accounts at anytime even after the 28 days and I guess they might check because they mentioned bringing out a list of accredited banks soon.

All along (since about 2008) all foreign students are expected to have all the money throughout their studies, not just the 28days, the issue of signing an agreement was to re-enforce rule and now banning foreign students studying in private colleges from work at all, they used to work 10hrs a week but that is gone now. Yes u have something to hide if u trying hard to beat the system.
The days of studying full time and working part time to pay fees are gone, its much much harder now.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by mazamaza: 1:47pm On May 24, 2011
for postgraduate studies, there are 20 working hours.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by Again2(m): 1:54pm On May 24, 2011
mazamaza:

for postgraduate studies, there are 20 working hours.

Yes thats for those in public funded schools.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by mazamaza: 2:06pm On May 24, 2011
can you please explain what they mean by public funded schools? thank you. I am checking their website now
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by Again2(m): 2:09pm On May 24, 2011
mazamaza:

can you please explain what they mean by public funded schools? thank you. I am checking their website now

Non-private colleges.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by mazamaza: 2:10pm On May 24, 2011
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/studyingintheuk/adult-students/conditions/#

it doesn't mention anything like that here. I hope they match all information on all concerning pages oo
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by Again2(m): 5:21pm On May 24, 2011
mazamaza:

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/studyingintheuk/adult-students/conditions/#

it doesn't mention anything like that here. I hope they match all information on all concerning pages oo

Read the summary of the changes here especially the ENTITLEIMENTS

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitecontent/documents/news/summary-student-policy.pdf
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by mazamaza: 6:31pm On May 24, 2011
ok, thanks. do you know anything about the waec question i posted like 3 posts ago?

(1) (2) (3) ... (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) ... (141)

My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam / U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer / Which Country In Africa Has The Most Beautiful Women?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.