Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,416 members, 7,978,318 topics. Date: Friday, 18 October 2024 at 05:43 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered - Travel (99) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered (315401 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / Toefl For Tier 4 Pbs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) (101) (102) ... (141) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by shellygirl: 4:44pm On Jun 03, 2011
Has anyone applied for a uk visa within the last one month? How long did it take for ur application to be assesed and visa issued?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by shellygirl: 4:51pm On Jun 03, 2011
@ mazamaza, when did u appl), where did u submit and have u gotten a response on ur visa.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by muami(m): 6:34pm On Jun 03, 2011
Dapto:

This new english language requirement is creating confusion.Pls can anybody help me.
I already have admission 4a M.Sc prog in d uk.Am i affected by new english requirement?Have heard folks said on dis forum dat,som1 wil av to show proof dat he/she was taught in english while in d university.Is dis necesary and if it is,who r we going to address it to?
Lastly,since my b.sc certificate is nt ready(i just left skool two yrs ago)can i use my notification of result?

The UKBA has just released a document clarifying the new English Language requirement. You can get it from the link below. I hope it helps.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitecontent/documents/news/english-clarification.pdf
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 7:52pm On Jun 03, 2011
muami:

The UKBA has just released a document clarifying the new English Language requirement. You can get it from the link below. I hope it helps.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitecontent/documents/news/english-clarification.pdf

This is the best thing UKBA has done so far by clarifying this.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by Dapto(m): 8:15pm On Jun 06, 2011
Can a foreign statement of accout be presented at d embassy?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by mazamaza: 8:32pm On Jun 07, 2011
@dapto,

have you been assigned your cas document? if you have and was after april 21st, it would be stated how you were assessed. write to your school and ask what to do, you can submit your waec result to show you passed english and also a leetter from your uni to prove you were taught in english.

@shellygirl,

I haven't applied for my visa yet. it is stated that you can't apply more than 3 months before school resumes, so i am waiting until the end on june to be safe.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by mazamaza: 8:39pm On Jun 07, 2011
@shellygirl,

I will be applying at ikeja, lagos. it doesn't matter where you apply as the tier 4 applications eventually go to abuja, you might only save a day if you applied straight in abuja but it really is the same because your application will be registered fro the day your biometrics are taken so relax, we will all get there and get our visas in Jesus' name!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by Dapto(m): 8:53am On Jun 08, 2011
@Mazamaza,
i alreay av d admission already 4a M.Sc program but av nt gotten d CAS.D school agreed i can use my NECO certificate as a proof of English lang competence and dint tel me i shud show proof of dat i was taught in English in d varsity.
Is showin proof a prerequiste at d embassy now and if it is,whom r we goin to address it to.
Can we use a foreign statement of accout.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by topsys: 9:16am On Jun 08, 2011
@justwise i want ask i have paid 3,000p and the rest of the money his in husband's account and the bank print
statement at every 26 of each month can i use it but the money his over 28days and in a uk account can it be used.
thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 9:32am On Jun 08, 2011
topsys:

@justwise i want ask i have paid 3,000p and the rest of the money his in husband's account and the bank print
statement at every 26 of each month can i use it but the money his over 28days and in a uk account can it be used.
thanks

Please explain this again, u want to use the money in ur husband's UK bank account to apply for student visa?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by topsys: 9:40am On Jun 08, 2011
yes and i have been in uk too for some months but my husband is work in 9ja
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by mazamaza: 10:50am On Jun 08, 2011
@dapto,

If the school says you can use your neco, then that is perfect, What is required for you to get your cas document? Have you been told to pay a deposit to get an unconditional offer? when you eventually do get yours, it will be stated that the school assessed your english ability using your passed credit in english on your neco result and that is the only proof that the embassy needs concerning that.

They would not be needing a letter from your school. I didn't bother submitting my WAEC, that is why my case is different. Yes, I think you can use a foreign account. I have seen someone's post confirming using a UK bank statement on this thread and it says so on the ukba website somewhere. I will check when I return later and post it for you. But yes, you can. Is it an account from the UK?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by Dapto(m): 11:03am On Jun 08, 2011
@Mazamaza,
I ll b payin my deposit shortly in order to av d unconditional offer and hence d Cas.
D accout is frm d US.
Since,av nt gotten my B.Sc certificate(i grad 2 yrs ago),wil my statement of result b acceptable at d embasy.
Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by muami(m): 11:15am On Jun 08, 2011
justwise:

Please explain this again, u want to use the money in your husband's UK bank account to apply for student visa?

topsys:

yes and i have been in uk too for some months but my husband is work in 9ja

Up to last year, you could argue that you can use money in your husband account to apply for student visa provided you submit convincing evidence that you have access to the funds. However, following the decision in this case <http://www.ergensharif.co.uk/Immigration%20RulesVGuidance%20Policy.aspx> , the immigration rules was amended to make it clear that you CAN ONLY use money in your account, your parents account or an official financial sponsorship letter. In other words, you CANNOT use money in any other account, including money your spouse's account.

For more info see Appendix C of the immigration rules. I have however reproduced below the most relevant portions for ease of reference.

13. Funds will be available to the applicant only where the specified documents show the funds are held or provided by:

(i) the applicant (whether as a sole or joint account holder); and/or

(ii) the applicant's parent(s) or legal guardian(s), and the parent(s) or legal guardian(s) have provided written consent that their funds may be used by the applicant in order to study in the UK; and/or

(iii) an official financial sponsor which must be Her Majesty's Government, the applicant's home government, the British Council or any international organisation, international company, University or Independent school. 
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 11:47am On Jun 08, 2011
muami:

Up to last year, you could argue that you can use money in your husband account to apply for student visa provided you submit convincing evidence that you have access to the funds. However, following the decision in this case <http://www.ergensharif.co.uk/Immigration%20RulesVGuidance%20Policy.aspx> , the immigration rules was amended to make it clear that you CAN ONLY use money in your account, your parents account or an official financial sponsorship letter. In other words, you CANNOT use money in any other account, including money your spouse's account.

For more info see Appendix C of the immigration rules. I have however reproduced below the most relevant portions for ease of reference.

13. Funds will be available to the applicant only where the specified documents show the funds are held or provided by:

(i) the applicant (whether as a sole or joint account holder); and/or

(ii) the applicant's parent(s) or legal guardian(s), and the parent(s) or legal guardian(s) have provided written consent that their funds may be used by the applicant in order to study in the UK; and/or

(iii) an official financial sponsor which must be Her Majesty's Government, the applicant's home government, the British Council or any international organisation, international company, University or Independent school. 

Good job muami,. . .topsys you have ur answer there.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by victorycmr: 3:40pm On Jun 08, 2011
hi everyone,i am in cameroon.we cameroonians apply for visas from Ghana.i have been admitted to a school in london for my masters and last week i went to submit my documents and i was told to wait for an interview which i did[at the BHC here cameroonians only go to submit documents]so i wonder why i was interview, this keeps me scared.i had all my document and a 6.5ban in IELTS.WILL I GET MY VISA PLS?, any one there??
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by topsys: 3:45pm On Jun 08, 2011
thanks that means my husband can't be my sponsor?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by mazamaza: 9:35pm On Jun 08, 2011
@dapto, yes you can apply with the original of your statement of result, about the account in the us, it is best to call the uk visa office to confirm as I can not tell about that. all the best on getting your cas
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by Nobody: 9:43pm On Jun 08, 2011
Greetings to NLanders. Please I wish to find out if I can apply for a tier 4 UK visa in Lagos or it will be advisable for me to apply in Abuja. I want to know if I can use a fixed deposit certificate as part of the supporting document. What is the minimum amount of money that must be in my account before I can be offered a visa. I will welcome your contributions. Thank you.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by scobyy2007: 9:52am On Jun 09, 2011
This is my Dream!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://nigeriathewayforward..com

Checkout my Blog!!!!!!!

Hello Justwise, long time no hear from you, and I great all of Una!!!, Femtopsy where @ thou?

CHEERS MATES!!!!!!!!

If you are coming to MIDDLESEX UNIVERSITY, please let me know. you are free to get info from me, make your query public, I no dey ask 4 money oooooo grin

I am making my country pround over here!!!!! smiley

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 10:05am On Jun 09, 2011
scobyy2007:

Checkout my Blog!!!!!!!

Hello Justwise, long time no hear from you, and I great all of Una!!!, Femtopsy where @ thou?

CHEERS MATES!!!!!!!!

If you are coming to MIDDLESEX UNIVERSITY, please let me know. you are free to get info from me, make your query public, I no dey ask 4 money oooooo grin

Bro how are u? You ran away from here for ages, congrat for the award. Good job
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by victorycmr: 12:33pm On Jun 09, 2011
hi i didnt get a reply tp my post, please if applying for a school in then is there a specific bank to us cos i was tod after i had submitted my documents by a friend that there are specific banks the embassy wants t o open these accounts in, plsss am so tensed any one there?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 12:44pm On Jun 09, 2011
victorycmr:

hi i didnt get a reply tp my post, please if applying for a school in then is there a specific bank to us cos i was tod after i had submitted my documents by a friend that there are specific banks the embassy wants t o open these accounts in, plsss am so tensed any one there?

I never heard anything like that, though UKBA said they are going to list some banks but that list is not out yet as far as i know
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by victorycmr: 3:07pm On Jun 09, 2011
thanks justwis, however our system here in Cameroon takes two weeks and it keeps  me all tensed.i pray i am given a visa.wish me luck guys!!!!!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 3:16pm On Jun 09, 2011
victorycmr:

thanks justwis, however our system here in Cameroon takes two weeks and it keeps me all tensed.i pray i am given a visa.wise me luck guys!!!!!

In Nigeria, sometimes it takes 15 working days. . . that is 3wks.
Good luck though
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by Dapto(m): 9:02pm On Jun 09, 2011
@mazamaza,thanks.
U ll get ur Visa by d favor of God.Relax ursef in his luving hand.He's got ur back cos hez d almigty father.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by mazamaza: 10:20am On Jun 10, 2011
@Dapto,

Amen and Amen, I wish the same for you and everyone else here. Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by OmoTier1(m): 1:14pm On Jun 10, 2011
Interesting how CAS is now dependent on payment of deposits and how unconditional offer is also now tied to payment of deposits. How times have changed!

Few years ago, unconditional offer was used to lure those who applied through UCAS from not choosing another university and you often get the bold flashing of UCAS saying your offer was unconditional even without you paying a dime for deposit! UK university is really bankrupt, guess next move will be to buy application form for 50quid!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by OmoTier1(m): 1:33pm On Jun 10, 2011
scobyy2007:

Checkout my Blog!!!!!!!

CHEERS MATES!!!!!!!!

side stepping,
dude you need to correct the misleading info on that blog. Bankole was never a Senator nor does Nigeria Senate has any such position as Senate Speaker.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by victorycmr: 4:44pm On Jun 10, 2011
i am so happy to have joined this site, you guys are so full of encouragements and prayerful too.thanks.Amen you your wishes for me.i should keep you guys posted and i will be here for any one who needs me, i promise.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by topsys: 10:34am On Jun 13, 2011
@justwise i have all the money in my account now does my husband has to write a letter cos they might need the prove were the money came from and the money went into the account 2times hope it will not look like huge deposit when i apply. thanks for all ur help.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 7:47pm On Jun 13, 2011
topsys:

@justwise i have all the money in my account now does my husband has to write a letter cos they might need the prove were the money came from and the money went into the account 2times hope it will not look like huge deposit when i apply. thanks for all your help.

Since the money is now in ur account, i don't think u need a letter from ur husband, proofing where the money came from is not part of the requirement when it comes to an adult applying for student visa, i never read from anybody here who was refused cos of that.

(1) (2) (3) ... (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) (101) (102) ... (141)

My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam / U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer / Which Country In Africa Has The Most Beautiful Women?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.