Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,495 members, 7,947,970 topics. Date: Friday, 13 September 2024 at 11:38 AM

Six Storey Building Collapses In Abuja, 5 Laborers Trapped In The Rubble - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Six Storey Building Collapses In Abuja, 5 Laborers Trapped In The Rubble (22983 Views)

3 Storey Building Collapses In Lagos Island This Morning. Residents Trapped / Three Storey Building Collapses At Ilasa, Lagos (Photos, Video) / [BREAKING] Many Trapped As Three-storey Building Collapses In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Six Storey Building Collapses In Abuja, 5 Laborers Trapped In The Rubble by Mrjaz(m): 11:52am On Aug 29, 2016
May God have mercy and receive their souls there were only working to make ends meet.

Re: Six Storey Building Collapses In Abuja, 5 Laborers Trapped In The Rubble by missstella(f): 11:54am On Aug 29, 2016
God help them
Re: Six Storey Building Collapses In Abuja, 5 Laborers Trapped In The Rubble by Truman155(m): 11:57am On Aug 29, 2016
this is what happens when professional builders are neglected

this is my area and i saw it on nairaland first
Re: Six Storey Building Collapses In Abuja, 5 Laborers Trapped In The Rubble by 4nobody4every1: 12:15pm On Aug 29, 2016
Keneking:
Buhari ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh is back shocked

"The iron rods used for the pillars gave in like wood and the concrete work were said to be as brittle as ordinary sand."

"Efforts are still going on to rescue the two innocent laborers trapped under the rubble." Innocent sef embarassed

cool

Re: Six Storey Building Collapses In Abuja, 5 Laborers Trapped In The Rubble by paix(m): 12:19pm On Aug 29, 2016
Millerz:
I wish they were herdsmen.
Love thy neighbour .............
Re: Six Storey Building Collapses In Abuja, 5 Laborers Trapped In The Rubble by scorpio2013: 12:22pm On Aug 29, 2016
Use professionals noway.
lordkit400:
A six story building under construction as a hotel collapsed this morning on 444 Crescent , Citec Villas , Gwarinpa. The incident happened at about1.00 am.

Five laborers were trapped inside and three have been rescued by combined efforts of the Police, NEMA and FEMA.

The iron rods used for the pillars gave in like wood and the concrete work were said to be as brittle as ordinary sand. Efforts are still going on to rescue the two innocent laborers trapped under the rubble.

Source:http://www.flexygist.com/2016/08/29/photos-six-storey-building-collapses-in-abuja-5-laborers-trapped-in-the-rubble/

Re: Six Storey Building Collapses In Abuja, 5 Laborers Trapped In The Rubble by Abiibus(m): 12:47pm On Aug 29, 2016
Building collapse will continue until National Assembly do the needful by passing into law National Building Code. National Building Code spells out the role of each professional in built environment and the procedures for building production in Nigeria.

1. ARCON registered Architect: To produce architectural working drawings
2. COREN registered Structural Engineer: To produce structural engineering drawings
3. COREN registered Electrical & Mechanical engineer : To produce electrical and mechanical drawings respectively.
4. Quantity surveyor: To produce complete Bill of quantities.
5. CORBON registered Builder: To produce following document and ensure its implementation om site.
A. Construction Quality Management Plan
B. Construction Health & Safety plan
C. Construction program of work
D. Construction Methodology.
Builders are statutory empowered to manage entire Building production on site while other professionals only supervise their input.
Re: Six Storey Building Collapses In Abuja, 5 Laborers Trapped In The Rubble by Nobody: 12:54pm On Aug 29, 2016
Re: Six Storey Building Collapses In Abuja, 5 Laborers Trapped In The Rubble by Nobody: 1:00pm On Aug 29, 2016
And certain cretins try to discredit me for building "only" a bungalow despite my years abroad grin

I specifically built a bungalow because I live abroad and can quickly see the farce that's the construction industry in Nigeria.

Erecting an elevated deck is no child's play and is more than crisis crossing a bunch of iron rods in a grid and pouring concrete.

Who tested the tensile strength of each batch of rebar? Who tested each batch of concrete mixed?

2 Likes

Re: Six Storey Building Collapses In Abuja, 5 Laborers Trapped In The Rubble by Raydos: 1:32pm On Aug 29, 2016
even burj khalifa wey be 200 storey still dey stand strong

6storey for naija don collapse

everything about naija is just fake and nah all these igbo cause am!
Re: Six Storey Building Collapses In Abuja, 5 Laborers Trapped In The Rubble by NobleG1(m): 2:06pm On Aug 29, 2016
Why any id*iot would build house with low quality materials to "save money" and not minding risking lives, is beyond me!
Re: Six Storey Building Collapses In Abuja, 5 Laborers Trapped In The Rubble by Partaker(m): 2:24pm On Aug 29, 2016
i witness it,,it's very close to my office
Re: Six Storey Building Collapses In Abuja, 5 Laborers Trapped In The Rubble by BioGreen: 2:32pm On Aug 29, 2016
..so sad indeed but thank God for the rescue. I pray the remaining be rescue alive.

but just wondering, what would laborers be doing at construction site by 1am, an hr after midnight.
Re: Six Storey Building Collapses In Abuja, 5 Laborers Trapped In The Rubble by scorpio2013: 3:14pm On Aug 29, 2016
Engineering is not guess work. You need to carryout a geological survey to determine the nature of subsoil, the level of water table and you must know the total load that will act on the foundation. With these information, a structural engineer will choose the right type of foundation with a suitable depth.quote author=DonFodio2 post=48897433] Are you a civil Engineer,builder or geologist or have knowledge of the following : What should be the foundation depth of a 10 storey (100feet) residential building? What should be the foundation depth of a 30 storey (300 feet) residential building? I know that it all depends on the soil structure,but just give me averages. [/quote]
Re: Six Storey Building Collapses In Abuja, 5 Laborers Trapped In The Rubble by scorpio2013: 3:18pm On Aug 29, 2016
scorpio2013:
Engineering is not guess work. You need to carryout a geological survey to determine the nature of subsoil, the level of water table and you must know the total load that will act on the foundation. With these information, a structural engineer will choose the right type of foundation with a suitable depth. (quote author=DonFodio2 post=48897433] Are you a civil Engineer,builder or geologist or have knowledge of the following : What should be the foundation depth of a 10 storey (100feet) residential building? What should be the foundation depth of a 30 storey (300 feet) residential building? I know that it all depends on the soil structure,but just give me averages.
Re: Six Storey Building Collapses In Abuja, 5 Laborers Trapped In The Rubble by coldcandy: 4:10pm On Aug 29, 2016
This is a hospital building not hotel.
The owner is alleged to be a former finance minister's husband.
Re: Six Storey Building Collapses In Abuja, 5 Laborers Trapped In The Rubble by abike12(f): 4:55pm On Aug 29, 2016
What a disaster sad In a sane country, somebody will go to prison for this
Re: Six Storey Building Collapses In Abuja, 5 Laborers Trapped In The Rubble by diegwu01: 10:52pm On Aug 29, 2016
Batlan01:
JESUS Christ!.. Kai! this is terrible oo shocked shocked shocked

at any rate, for you quality Gerrard stone coated tiles, Check my signature
For the first time on Nairaland, i see someone advertise the best roofing sheets available in Nigeria, i would ask rational folks to compare this and the others some twerps spam the entire property section with everyday.. the difference is clear!!
Re: Six Storey Building Collapses In Abuja, 5 Laborers Trapped In The Rubble by diegwu01: 10:59pm On Aug 29, 2016
DonFodio2:
Are you a civil Engineer,builder or geologist or have knowledge of the following : What should be the foundation depth of a 10 storey (100feet) residential building? What should be the foundation depth of a 30 storey (300 feet) residential building? I know that it all depends on the soil structure,but just give me averages.
Bro, there are no averages, your question sounds painful to the ear.. the Geotechnical properties of the soil where it would be sited, and the size/weight/use of the structure should determine the depth and type of foundation
Re: Six Storey Building Collapses In Abuja, 5 Laborers Trapped In The Rubble by Nobody: 1:21am On Aug 30, 2016
Re: Six Storey Building Collapses In Abuja, 5 Laborers Trapped In The Rubble by Nobody: 1:42am On Aug 30, 2016

(1) (2) (Reply)

Questions To Ask Before Buying A Land / Guide To Home Painting: Calculating Volume Of Paint Needed For Your Room / Four Siblings Trapped To Death As Building Collapses In Enugu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.