Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,860 members, 7,922,053 topics. Date: Thursday, 15 August 2024 at 05:46 PM

Alleged $10 Billion Fraud: SAN Clears Diezani, Others - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Alleged $10 Billion Fraud: SAN Clears Diezani, Others (638 Views)

Malabu Scandal: AGF Writes Buhari, Wants Trial Of Adoke, Diezani, Others Stopped / 2015 Elections: Diezani, Others Charged For Money Laundering / Jonathan, Diezani, Others Shared $1.3b In Malabu Oil Fraud—italian Prosecutors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Alleged $10 Billion Fraud: SAN Clears Diezani, Others by Vicadonis(m): 1:53pm On Aug 29, 2016
At a time the Economic Financial Crime Commission, EFCC, ‎has alleged that it traced a whopping sum of $10 billion to the former Minister of Petroleum Resources, Diezani Alison-Madueke, and others, the former ‎General Secretary, Nigeria Bar Association, NBA,‎ Rabana Lawal, ‎SAN, has dismissed the claims.‎

‎‎Lawal, who made this known in an exclusive interview with Thisday, noted that the allegation that his client stole money was unfounded and not true, as the ‎case before the court was a breach of contract between his company and the NPDC.‎

He however, decried that the EFCC has resulted in using the media to destroy the image of Nigerians, without proper trial in a competent court of justice.

‎He said, “My assessment so far is that there is too much sensationalism on the part of the EFCC.

‎”There is too much prosecution of people on the pages of newspapers.

“The EFCC doesn’t seem to observe the basic tenets of what the rule of law is all about.

“The rule of law is that if you arraign a man in court, allow the court to make its findings, conclusion and pass judgment.

“The EFCC from the utterances and the statements they dish out to the public, are always conclusive.

“They will tell you we have investigated A, and we have arrested B, creating the impression that the man is already guilty.

“Therefore biasing the minds of the Nigerian public against some of these people whom, at the end of the day, may not have committed the heinous crimes or allegations leveled against them.

Lawal, further noted that the fight against corruption is not what you achieve through newspapers sensational stories, but through facts that you are able to put together, and present to the court, to secure a conviction.

He added, that only recently, the EFCC Chairman revealed that the Agency was tracing about $10 billion, allegedly linked to Diezani and her associates in the United States.

The ‎figure according to him is huge, and wonders if it is really possible for such massive amount of money to be taken out of the coffers of this country.

He said, ‎”Well, ordinarily I would not have joined issues with the EFCC.

“Whatever they alleged; it is for them to prove. But the linking of my client, who is Jide Omokore, is what will propel me to respond and react.

“Firstly, the general impression created every time, all day, is that Jide Omokore is Diezani’s Associate, but he’s not.

“Jide Omokore is a businessman that has his own companies, bided for jobs, entered into contracts with NDPC and NNPC, to provide some services under the strategic alliance agreement, and which has being on-going and that has nothing to do with his relationship with Diezani.

“It is an agreement between institutions and the company.

“So, my advice is that the EFCC should talk less and do more of investigations, and when they collate their facts, it is sent to the court.

“Once the matter is in court, then the principle of sub judice should apply”, Lawal noted.

He lamented that the totality of the allegations against Omokore and his companies, is that they failed to remit some monies to the government coffers, arising from the operations of the strategic alliance agreement.

http://www.post-nigeria.com/alleged-10-billion-fraud-san-clears-diezani-others/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Re: Alleged $10 Billion Fraud: SAN Clears Diezani, Others by Raydos: 2:03pm On Aug 29, 2016
ahahahaha comedians

1 Like

Re: Alleged $10 Billion Fraud: SAN Clears Diezani, Others by Nobody: 2:16pm On Aug 29, 2016
“Jide Omokore is a businessman that has his own companies, bided for jobs, entered into contracts with NDPC and NNPC, to provide some services under the strategic alliance agreement, and which has being on-going and that has nothing to do with his relationship with Diezani." wink

Reminds me of the Gupta's family in SA grin

1 Like

Re: Alleged $10 Billion Fraud: SAN Clears Diezani, Others by adehsenior(m): 2:19pm On Aug 29, 2016
I believe this a serious blow to Buhari and his Daura nunu drinking cows who will be masturbating on this thread after calling Deziani all the names on planet earth.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Behave Or Be Whipped: A Former Dictator Dredges Up Old Social Policies. / President Buhari To Biafrans: No Referendum For You / Defrosting The Relationship Between President Buhari And Asiwaju Tinubu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.