Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,640 members, 7,889,069 topics. Date: Saturday, 13 July 2024 at 09:52 PM

My Personal Experience With A Hen (pic) - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Personal Experience With A Hen (pic) (1216 Views)

My Personal Experience Of Some Essential Small Kitchen Appliances / Man Locks Up Wife, Son In Hen Coop For Over One Year At Kasoa / 6 Surprising Foods That Increase Breast Milk Production: Personal Experience (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Personal Experience With A Hen (pic) by marshborn(m): 7:40pm On Aug 29, 2016
I was clearing the backyard some days back when i saw this mother hen on that spot. At first i didn't understand what she was doing there not getting scared of me and d cutlass in my hand even as i advanced in her direction and trying to scare her away. After careful observation, i discovered she has her eggs under her, hatching them and so i apologised to her like she could hear me, left that place so as not to disturb her and cleared other areas. Days later, i met her at d same spot, still laying on the eggs and i was determined to keep eyes on her. Then came this heavy rain on saturday evening and i was determined to know what d hen will do and so i took my umbrella and went to see her and there she was under d heavy rain, on d same spot, laying on her eggs, determined to hatch them to life no matter the weather. Despite that d rain continued till sunday afternoon non stop, the mother hen remained in that spot without moving an inch. As i stood and watched her, i only could imagine the love mothers have for their children and how much they can sacrifice for them. I began to understand practically that true love knows no danger or situation, true love is patient and enduring and true love sacrifices without grudging..

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Personal Experience With A Hen (pic) by HungerBAD: 7:43pm On Aug 29, 2016
A mother's love knows no bounds.

2 Likes

Re: My Personal Experience With A Hen (pic) by Nobody: 7:53pm On Aug 29, 2016
HungerBAD:
A mother's love knows no bounds.

Exactly. Sweet mother love.
Yet you see some throwing their kids in Refuse Bin. sad

2 Likes

Re: My Personal Experience With A Hen (pic) by Nobody: 7:58pm On Aug 29, 2016
So many lesson enmeshed in your story.
Thanks, op.

2 Likes

Re: My Personal Experience With A Hen (pic) by Berbierklaus(f): 8:06pm On Aug 29, 2016
VolT0xic:

Exactly. Sweet mother love. Yet you see some throwing their kids in Refuse Bin. sad
Some even abort a foetus angry

They are mentally inbalance
Re: My Personal Experience With A Hen (pic) by Mznaett: 8:09pm On Aug 29, 2016
This is just one of the reasons why I love my mum so much....cheesy
She's just sooo amazing
Re: My Personal Experience With A Hen (pic) by greatgod2012(f): 8:13pm On Aug 29, 2016
After God's love is the mother's love.

God bless all good mothers out there.

4 Likes

Re: My Personal Experience With A Hen (pic) by iPopAlomo(m): 8:26pm On Aug 29, 2016
Feed it... by throwing a little bit of raw rice...
And add some cover...
That's all...
Re: My Personal Experience With A Hen (pic) by Ramon92: 8:38pm On Aug 29, 2016
call it love, I call it survival of the fittest...

That's what our world is all about..
Re: My Personal Experience With A Hen (pic) by otipoju(m): 1:34am On Aug 30, 2016
You self wicked. Why you no give the hen your umbrella

2 Likes

Re: My Personal Experience With A Hen (pic) by Nobody: 5:17am On Aug 30, 2016
otipoju:
You self wicked. Why you no give the hen your umbrella

I was about to ask the same question.
Re: My Personal Experience With A Hen (pic) by sisisioge: 8:38am On Aug 30, 2016
Well...u brought tears to my eyes. May God forgive me for the terrible things I did while in school. I once used to terrorize hens who chose to lay eggs at our window sides, I was so afraid the eggs would entice snakes. I thought they were probably possessed since they usually refuse to leave no matter how much water poured on them, or beatings I give them. Their resilience is second to none, but I was a very determined silly girl too. May God forgive me, I'm a lot wiser now. The maternal instincts is second to none...all , almost all, animals love their offsprings.

2 Likes

Re: My Personal Experience With A Hen (pic) by maclatunji: 3:08pm On Aug 30, 2016
This is a brilliant thread.
Re: My Personal Experience With A Hen (pic) by Ranchhoddas: 3:24pm On Aug 30, 2016
sisisioge:
Well...u brought tears to my eyes. May God forgive me for the terrible things I did while in school. I once used to terrorize hens who chose to lay eggs at our window sides, I was so afraid the eggs would entice snakes. I thought they were probably possessed since they usually refuse to leave no matter how much water poured on them, or beatings I give them. Their resilience is second to none, but I was a very determined silly girl too. May God forgive me, I'm a lot wiser now. The maternal instincts is second to none...all , almost all, animals love their offsprings.
Tears huh. I hope this will stop you from eating chicken.

(1) (Reply)

Becoming A Desirable Wife / An Apology To A Nairalandler Nysot / How To Quickly Recognise Woman Beater Before You Mistakely Say I Do

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.