Stats: 3,174,390 members, 7,891,722 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 July 2024 at 05:53 PM

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) - Satellite TV Technology (39) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) (252131 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) ... (170) (Go Down)

Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by obnelly: 8:30pm On Nov 23, 2009
arsenal v chelsea on 2m this wkend.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by BUTONEDAY(m): 9:49pm On Nov 23, 2009
George_D:

@BUTONEDAY,

How far about your 6m fibre modification? Any luck yet?

@George_D,
I was able to reduce the 6 meter fibre dish to about 4m by cutting off the outer portion to the first metal work around the dish. Presently the dish now has eight sides. I calculated the new focal length and reduce the tripod accordingly. But to my surprise, the tripod became too short. I found out that the signal increases as I increase the focal length. There is no more adjustments left on the tripod. It looks like I will have to go back to the initial focal length.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by pitodenz(m): 11:29pm On Nov 23, 2009
@ olofofo
i didnt know that it was pas 10 c band all these while, please follow what george said. You may need to invert the lnb, thereby the polarization might change ie. V will be H. Make sure u work on your setup only when there is nepa light. Use strong lnb k3,k4,k5,k6 or k7,any of them u ll lay hand ll make it easier. The signal is there even when nepa light comes it only waiting for u to come outside and find it.
I ve a similar experience here in ph where no c band tp could work in one area in ph. After so many years of so many people failed to have c band signal work in that area,i came and conquered it with little calculation. You may need to move the dish to another position if after inverting the lnb setting and the lost of signal continues,but i doubt it,if u apply small patience and with steady nepa light for like 2hrs u may achieve it.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by pitodenz(m): 11:35pm On Nov 23, 2009
@ mide2008
The lnb that George post is the best quad for now but if you re using fiber dish bear it in mind that fuji ll work better. I dont know its performance on net dish but i doubt if it may perform better than fuji on mesh dishes. It works very well it pan dishes cos thats what am using on my 2.4m for badr here in ph.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by olofofo(m): 12:05am On Nov 24, 2009
@pito

i will give it a try and give you a feedback.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by mide2008(m): 12:23am On Nov 24, 2009
pitodenz:

@ mide2008
The lnb that George post is the best quad for now but if you re using fiber dish bear it in mind that fuji ll work better. I dont know its performance on net dish but i doubt if it may perform better than fuji on mesh dishes. It works very well it pan dishes cos thats what am using on my 2.4m for badr here in ph.
@pito,
the dish is 3m fiber. fuji lnb is single and i need at least dual or is the fuji quad too. can you pls give me the signal quality of that quad on mbc2. if it can hit 82-84% then is okay by me. Am installing for a block of two flats and each flat should be independent of each other. Show sport signal is required, presently the showsport signal is 58% but am having the issue of H and V after the signal have been splitted into the two flats.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by mide2008(m): 12:30am On Nov 24, 2009
@pito,

the dish is 3m fiber. fuji lnb is single and i need at least dual or is the fuji quad too. can you pls give me the signal quality of that quad on mbc2. if it can hit 82-84% then is okay by me. Am installing for a block of two flats and each flat should be independent of each other. Show sport signal is required, presently the showsport signal is 58% but am having the issue of H and V after the signal have been splitted into the two flats.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by mide2008(m): 12:48am On Nov 24, 2009
@pito,
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by borderline(m): 6:20am On Nov 24, 2009
@george

thanks 4 d call, i av confirmd d tp &it turnd out 2 be d same as wat i av here.maybe d lnb,dish size u ar usin is makin d difference.i av noticd ait signals usualy drop around harmattan/dry season.i wil kip tryin 2 see if i can stop d crackin.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by pofolo(m): 6:40am On Nov 24, 2009
@all
rescan tp 12728v30000 on w3a for ils launch-station.
@ejilepa
how far d decoders, promo don start ?
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by jajuk: 6:49am On Nov 24, 2009
I am in dieing need to install nilesat but how much for a 4m fibre dish and were can i get it am in ogoja cross river state
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by solo1ng1: 6:59am On Nov 24, 2009
@Olofofo,

How u dey? Bros that thing no easy o. I've been on it for two weekends now, i just pack it insind on sunday and return to my manual. Pls do u have any technical idea/step on how to go about the installation? It's like am missing something, U advice will be appreciated. thanks
Enjoy the birdsssssss
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by jajuk: 7:08am On Nov 24, 2009
Watch arsernal vs standard de leige today and realmadrid vs fc zurich 2moro on mbc3 on w3a
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Rextab(m): 8:26am On Nov 24, 2009
@ George, @ All guys im a fan of mbc,but i can only watch mbc1 & a bit of mbc2,3 & action on w3a.the thing is that i want to be watchin these chanels independently & i believe its only on nilesat.so my question is, Is it posible for dis sattelite to pick in zambia? & on wat dish size? Coz im having a 90cm dish.advise me.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by pek(m): 9:57am On Nov 24, 2009
strong 4663x in very good condition and new up for grabs. call 08098678989
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by spacevice(m): 12:34pm On Nov 24, 2009
@Salamander

How many channels are you receiving in all?

@Blakstar

Long time no hear? hope u are cool.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by sniyi1: 1:50pm On Nov 24, 2009
Pls can any one tell me about Aljazeera sport +3 & +4 my own on Nilesat 7'west is not working but +1 & +2 are working fine. I use Strong 4653. where can i get a new patch if its available
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by olofofo(m): 5:16pm On Nov 24, 2009
solo1ng1:

@Olofofo,

How u dey? Bros that thing no easy o. I've been on it for two weekends now, i just pack it insind on sunday and return to my manual. Pls do u have any technical idea/step on how to go about the installation? It's like am missing something, U advice will be appreciated. thanks
Enjoy the birdsssssss

call me for pointers.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by solo1ng1: 6:09pm On Nov 24, 2009
olofofo:

call me for pointers.

Sure will do. Thanks.
@george,
Are u dey

@jaron,

Are u still installing or u dey fear dos boys?
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Onto01: 7:30pm On Nov 24, 2009
i need to switch from one sat to another without touching the cable i was told to configure it on dish& motorized setting but i dont know how to in about that,Please can anybody put of through.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Chuckdee(m): 8:46pm On Nov 24, 2009
@ ALL,

Barca Vs Inter Live on CRTV!!
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by pitodenz(m): 10:42pm On Nov 24, 2009
mide2008:

@pito,

The truth is that there is no way it ll work better than fuji lnb on fiber dish. The signal might reduce a little and if u re having 58% on showsport i ll advice you to go for the lnb. It might hit up to 55%.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Rextab(m): 7:05am On Nov 25, 2009
@ onto01 use a diseqc switch and then activate the diseqc settings.wat receiver r u using?
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by GeorgeD1(m): 9:23am On Nov 25, 2009
@mide2008,
Since your dish is a fibre dish, please do as pito has suggested. Unlike pan, fibre dishes do select lnbs a lot and till date, fuji is the best on fibre. It's just a pity dual or quad fujis are not available for now. I too am facing a similar problem right now with fuji on my 3m fibre. I want to distribute my nilesat signals to my neighbour but am yet to find a better quad lnb which works like fuji.

@pito,
I tried echosat single lnb on my comstar mesh months back but had very poor results. At the end I had to go back to premium lazer.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by GeorgeD1(m): 9:28am On Nov 25, 2009
BUTONEDAY:

@George_D,
I was able to reduce the 6 meter fibre dish to about 4m by cutting off the outer portion to the first metal work around the dish. Presently the dish now has eight sides. I calculated the new focal length and reduce the tripod accordingly. But to my surprise, the tripod became too short. I found out that the signal increases as I increase the focal length. There is no more adjustments left on the tripod. It looks like I will have to go back to the initial focal length.

Bros,
Even with this I think you're making good progess. With a little patience you can get the focal lenght right and that means hotbird is game! smiley
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by bisi12004: 9:36am On Nov 25, 2009
Pls,what is wrong with go africa or is there any new tp for it,please help me out.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Rextab(m): 9:41am On Nov 25, 2009
@George. Bro im waiting, Check the post i sent you.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by GeorgeD1(m): 9:45am On Nov 25, 2009
Rextab:

@ George, @ All guys im a fan of mbc,but i can only watch mbc1 & a bit of mbc2,3 & action on w3a.the thing is that i want to be watchin these chanels independently & i believe its only on nilesat.so my question is, Is it posible for dis sattelite to pick in zambia? & on wat dish size? Coz im having a 90cm dish.advise me.

@Rextab,
Your 90cm dish won't cut that bird. Looking at the map of Africa, your location in Zambia puts you at a huge dis-advantage when it comes to recieving signals from nilesat. You may need at least a 6m dish to get the strongest tps not to talk of the weak ones.
However, I can only advise based on the theoretic footprint from lyngsat which we all know is often a bit different from facts on ground. Hope this helps?
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Rextab(m): 1:33pm On Nov 25, 2009
@GEORGE , Thank you very much,for the infomation
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by twinstaiye(m): 3:29pm On Nov 25, 2009
There is a new thread open for Multi TV, kindly proceed to the thread on anything Multi TV on this link
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-357272.0.html#msg4993788
As I might be forced to delete any post on this thread on Multi TV henceforth.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by phizz: 4:34pm On Nov 25, 2009
pofolo:

@all
rescan tp 12728v30000 on w3a for ils launch-station.
@ejilepa
how far d decoders, promo don start ?
is this a new channel, cos i scanned and cant find anything?
thanks@
@Pitondz, Hope u very alright now, i was out of reach(in this nigeria ooo)
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by olofofo(m): 6:40pm On Nov 25, 2009
@butoneday

find the file you requested here:

http://rapidshare.com/files/312107728/patch_plus_loader.rar.html enjoy it.

(1) (2) (3) ... (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) ... (170)

All About Nilesat Installations / Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] / Strong Receivers Thread