Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,607 members, 7,979,045 topics. Date: Friday, 18 October 2024 at 07:03 PM

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) - Satellite TV Technology (42) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) (256545 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) ... (170) (Go Down)

Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by olatufu(m): 9:36pm On Nov 29, 2009
Gurus in the house,wats happening to go africa? its signal is red and my mbc signal is at 70% quality.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Oluti(m): 1:26am On Nov 30, 2009
I am a novice where satellite dish is concerned. I want to buy one of these large dish which a seller told me I could use to watch most matches shown on HITV and DSTV. Could this be true? If this is true, would I not be committing an infringement if I use this to show matches in my viewing center? Can HITV sue me for this? I intend dumping HITV because of their constant threat to close down centers or pay 20k. The guy told me I only need to buy two cards that will cost 36k and 30k per annum respectively. What is the position of law on this?
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by pofolo(m): 5:10am On Nov 30, 2009
@ olatufu,
as adviced by gurus,4get go-africa. Its been red for almost a month. It often shows on stv1,& stil cracks like bad cd.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Onto01: 6:51am On Nov 30, 2009
Pls gurus make me lively is there any way i can use 6m(hitv)dish to track correct channels or what kind of dish &accessory do i need to watch this correct fta
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by larryenob(m): 8:03am On Nov 30, 2009
@onto do u mean 60cm(hitv) cos that is thier dish size. you can go 4 multi tv, nn7ku, pass 7/10 ku that all u can get with dish dependin where stayin
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by GeorgeD1(m): 1:05pm On Nov 30, 2009
Oluti:

I am a novice where satellite dish is concerned. I want to buy one of these large dish which a seller told me I could use to watch most matches shown on HITV and DSTV. Could this be true? If this is true, would I not be committing an infringement if I use this to show matches in my viewing center? Can HITV sue me for this? I intend dumping HITV because of their constant threat to close down centers or pay 20k. The guy told me I only need to buy two cards that will cost 36k and 30k per annum respectively. What is the position of law on this?

@Oluti,
Forget HITV and their empty threats. But to be on the safer side I think you could consider installing a fibre or pan dish (large dish as yopu call it). What that seller told you is true of course but you need to be careful to make sure the dish he sells for you is not warped or defective. As for infringement, I don't think that is an issue because HITV does not have rights over nilesat or badr which is where your signals will be coming from.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by GeorgeD1(m): 1:07pm On Nov 30, 2009
Onto01:

Pls gurus make me lively is there any way i can use 6m(hitv)dish to track correct channels or what kind of dish &accessory do i need to watch this correct fta

@Onto01,
You can use your HITV dish for FTA if that is what you mean. With a little adjustment, you can watch chaneels on intelsat 7/10, sirius 4, w3a, astra 2b, etc free of charge.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by sayso: 2:50pm On Nov 30, 2009
George I dey hail,how are things moving?sometime in season 2 I talked about that BADR satellite, if their channels are koko now,do you think 2.4m will nail it around our domain?
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by jayron(m): 3:36pm On Nov 30, 2009
@George_D

Hi, sorry for not being around since.I was busy at work. Finally with the help of a friend and i we both nail NILSAT on Wednesday 25th of Nov. George could u tell me how i can use DSTV direction to determine other dish position. Thanks u.

@Solo1ng1
Solo1, after 15 members of the gang were arrested, i finally installed it.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by rich8: 5:14pm On Nov 30, 2009
all chelsea vs man city on 2M this wekend,
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by sikadicius: 6:58pm On Nov 30, 2009
Hi Room - hope every one is doing quite okay - I would like to know which NBA or basketball channel is receivable in west africa or africa that is FTA - don't wanna subscribe to Trendtv or DSTV - this is my second time - your response is very much needed here - thanks.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by degreat2: 7:34pm On Nov 30, 2009
Guyz,hw can i get directv n dish network in nigeria?also satellite tv dat offers annual subscription
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by zambeat(m): 9:49pm On Nov 30, 2009
@all .are there any feeds on pas710?
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by pitodenz(m): 10:35pm On Nov 30, 2009
borderline:

@pito
dis fox movie u ar talking of,do dey show 24(d fox season movie) &other current shows? cos dat's d only thing dat can make me change my proposd nile installatn 2 badr. &ar u saying dat badr on a dish less dan 3m wil b cracking?
In badr all channels re well organized. The journey started from nilesat,take for instant mbc started with about three channels and later make it up to seven channels over the years and before then the tp the former was using might ve been occupied by other arabia channels so they need to hook to other tp to be able to broadcast their new channels. This why some people cant get mbc persia in nilesat. All this were corrected in badr . mbc now has one tp they transmit all their channels so when u shoot green on that tp u ve all the mbc at ur set. Fox movie and series re in one tp with rotana arabia which is the company that brought them to middle east.
Back to ur question,fox movie use to be one of the high signal in badr,but i found out that its going down in the day time since a chaged my lnb to 0.1db quad lnb,but that is no problem since i can easily correct it by adjusting my setup in the day time which i will do if i ve time. But then it always on before i leave house and when i came back with high signal.
Also remember that am using 2.4m solid dish and my location is port harcourt. So if u ve 3m dish it ll be easy like tracking multitv in astra 2b.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Hopitinto(m): 1:22am On Dec 01, 2009
Guys pls help i use mesh dish,i get sabc and eatv but hw get sport channel muvie channel and crtv pls help abeg. srt 4650
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by adewest(m): 6:19am On Dec 01, 2009
Sallam and Long live to all house members and my special greeting to oga moderator,George D,Olofufu and all house mate wish you all God guidance and prosperous years ahead.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by salamander(m): 6:23am On Dec 01, 2009
Hopitinto:

Guys pls help i use mesh dish,i get sabc and eatv but hw get sport channel muvie channel and crtv pls help abeg. srt 4650

If you could state your location and the kind of settings you have, members will be able to help you.

adewest:

Sallam and Long live to all house members and my special greeting to oga moderator,George D,Olofufu and all house mate wish you all God guidance and prosperous years ahead.

Salam bro, long time indeed. Greetings from GH
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by captainus: 8:44am On Dec 01, 2009
@ Salamander,
I guess you have used 53x or 63x before.If yes, is there any significant signal improvement using the 4669x compared to those two especially on SABC(1,2,3) cband assuming everything is the same(i.e same dish,lnb etc)?
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by zenus(m): 9:12am On Dec 01, 2009
DCLM Channel on feed on W3A
11032H3213
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by pitodenz(m): 11:11am On Dec 01, 2009
@ obnelly
Here aljezeera freq has the highest signal but some people in lagos says that they cannot even hit green on it so i ll advice u use 1190V/27500.
@ microgiant
Can u sent me the site u got the keys from. My receiver shows the encryption to be viaccess whereas u sent ccw keys.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by obnelly: 11:25am On Dec 01, 2009
Pito thanks i will work on it.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by pitodenz(m): 11:28am On Dec 01, 2009
@ obnelly
sorry 11900V/27500
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by kakofo(m): 11:40am On Dec 01, 2009
@ pitodenz
HI, gurus in the house you are doing a great job i have been folloowing your  posts and as such i have gained much knowledge. I have 1.8m dish witha cband lnb and i only receive metro tv(gs telecom) even when i blindscan my receiver. That is i am facing nss 10 @ 37.5 deg west. Can anyone help me with any tps all what might seem to be the problem. I also need tps for nss7 cband.

@ Salamander nd blackstars all any other member in ghana
Hi i am living at mataheko zongo junction but currently at Koforidua please i want to contact you when i come to Accra. My number is 0266422636.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by pitodenz(m): 11:44am On Dec 01, 2009
@ George D
              Can u believe that aljazeera +1 to +8 ccw/biss keys on badr were out till yesterday and i missed it. Sheey what a heart break! Hope it comes up again.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by salamander(m): 12:26pm On Dec 01, 2009
captainus:

@ Salamander,
I guess you have used 53x or 63x before.If yes, is there any significant signal improvement using the 4669x compared to those two especially on SABC(1,2,3) cband assuming everything is the same(i.e same dish,lnb etc)?

I could hazard an answer that there is about 5% improvement of the 69x over the two you mentioned. It is also very sharp in terms of picking up signal.

Those using the 69x I need a second opinion on this.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by GeorgeD1(m): 1:34pm On Dec 01, 2009
sayso:

George I dey hail,how are things moving?sometime in season 2 I talked about that BADR satellite, if their channels are koko now,do you think 2.4m will nail it around our domain?

@sayso,
I think going by pitodenz experience in ph, since he is using 2.4m and getting it at his end, we can equally nail it here even better with 2.4m. Remember, last time (season 3) I tracked badr on my 3.0m fibre I used 11747V and I got up to 95% signal quality. Very high!  smiley
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by sayso: 1:43pm On Dec 01, 2009
@George great man,this is what options can do for us,yes I saw what Pito posted but just a confirmation,you know my constraint with space,the smaller it is the better for me before those wafi people go ask for more pay for rent.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by GeorgeD1(m): 1:50pm On Dec 01, 2009
jayron:

@George_D

Hi, sorry for not being around since.I was busy at work. Finally with the help of a friend and i we both nail NILSAT on Wednesday 25th of Nov. George could u tell me how i can use DSTV direction to determine other dish position. Thanks u.

@jayron,
I can see you finally joined the nilesat family. You're welcome.
Using dstv position to determine other dish position is very easy. All you have to remember is that dstv is on Eutelsat w4, 36E and the higher you go in the arc, the lower the elevation. Using that as a reference point, Intelsat 7/10, 68.5E will be lower in elevation while Eutelsat w3a, 7E will be higher.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by GeorgeD1(m): 1:51pm On Dec 01, 2009
@sayso,
Indeed! If 2.4m can do it for pito, 2.4m can do it for us better here! Please go for it! smiley
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by GeorgeD1(m): 1:55pm On Dec 01, 2009
@pitodenz,
Take heart brother. It happens like that sometimes.
Please confirm your CNN signal quality on badr?
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by microgiant: 3:00pm On Dec 01, 2009
pitodenz:

@ George D
              Can u believe that aljazeera +1 to +8 ccw/biss keys on badr were out till yesterday and i missed it. Sheey what a heart break! Hope it comes up again.

Sorry to hear that, didn't know you will be interested, equally got those on the 19-Nov. I will send to you earlier next time i come across such

pitodenz:

@ microgiant
Can u sent me the site u got the keys from. My receiver shows the encryption to be viaccess whereas u sent ccw keys.
expect "how to" instructions in your mail, been too busy
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by GeorgeD1(m): 4:00pm On Dec 01, 2009
@microgiant,
Don't be too busy to enjoy yourself. As you can see from pito's post, you no longer have any excuse not to watch those blockbusters from MBC action i.e- lost, 24, terminator- the sarah cornor chronicles, harpers' island, ghost whisperer, etc. With 2.4m dish, badr is game at your end oooo! smiley

(1) (2) (3) ... (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) ... (170)

All About Nilesat Installations / Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] / Strong Receivers Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.