Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,649 members, 7,951,712 topics. Date: Tuesday, 17 September 2024 at 09:46 PM

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) - Satellite TV Technology (45) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) (255041 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) ... (170) (Go Down)

Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by GeorgeD1(m): 11:14am On Dec 05, 2009
@mide2008,
Copy that. What is means also is that my starsat should be able to open it. Thanks.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by microgiant: 11:15am On Dec 05, 2009
It is official now. Aljazeera Sport bought ART sport channels with all the rights it has. Cost of the deal was not disclosed.

so, Fifa Worldcup 2010 and 2014 will be on JSC

JSC already has the rights of : Spanish Liga, Italian Calcio, UEFA Champions League, Europa Cup, EURO Championship , etc

The only Championship outside JSC now is the English Premiership smiley

JSC is becoming another SKY in the middle east ( but for far cheaper price)

effective December-1 the official transmission process will begin.

The public relations officer, Nawaf -Tamimi, said that they will lower the price of their pay channels.

They plan to offer it as an independent platform but with the added channel of Al- Jazeera.

Currently, subscribers pay about 16 dollars for 24 channels, and the platform proposes a price below 14 dollars for those same channels from next year.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by GeorgeD1(m): 11:18am On Dec 05, 2009
@microgiant,
I hope this would not mean another change of encription like orbit did with showtime?
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Nobody: 1:08pm On Dec 05, 2009
@ george,
I dont really think Al-Jazeera will change encryption.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by phizz: 2:04pm On Dec 05, 2009
@ micro, lol u don dey work jscgrin
Just kidn, thanks for the info
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by obnelly: 4:36pm On Dec 05, 2009
ola that is right.Thanks for that stuff.
is badr really posible here in lagos and environs?I tried everything possible after nailing hotbird but to no avail.My astra 2d on 2.4m was absoultely amazing 100% signal quality but on badr nothing seems coming up .Pito I think i will need your advise here.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Hopitinto(m): 6:46pm On Dec 05, 2009
Guy pls help hw can i track silver bird,metro tv and mitv pls help.on ma mesh dish were intel 903 located pls help
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by GeorgeD1(m): 8:08pm On Dec 05, 2009
@Hopitinto,
Those channels you mentioned are on a beam meant for the americas and europe. You cannot get them here.

http://www.lyngsat-maps.com/maps/intel903_nezone.html

A similar question was dealt with extensively in season 3.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by odilibe(m): 8:30pm On Dec 05, 2009
@hopintito ,,,,if you want to watch metro tv go to nss10 @37.5west and you may be able to pick silverbird also on nss10 i am sure u can pick metro tv on 37.5west but you cant watch it on intelsat 903
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by obnelly: 8:58pm On Dec 05, 2009
ola my jsc signal on hotbird is 48-50% anytime from 7.pm and above till early morning like 8am.at noon their will be no signal at all.on echolink receiver the signal is ok at least no weak signal recorded even at (21-28%) on echolink. skysports,sky calcio,novasports and other channels signal very much ok.

pito am still waiting for you .
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Hopitinto(m): 10:29pm On Dec 05, 2009
Pls i hv 2m on mesh dish do they show Epl.hw many 2m national r dey diff
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Hopitinto(m): 10:40pm On Dec 05, 2009
@odlible i dnt hw 2 track stations is it after AiT within GHANA tv pls help.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by adewest(m): 8:22am On Dec 06, 2009
obnelly:

ola my jsc signal on hotbird is 48-50% anytime from 7.pm and above till early morning like 8am.at noon their will be no signal at all.on echolink receiver the signal is ok at least no weak signal recorded even at (21-28%) on echolink. skysports,sky calcio,novasports and other channels signal very much ok.

pito am still waiting for you .

@ Obnelly,
Is that 2.4m dish motorise or fixed (ground mount) ? if motorise, it should b able to receive hotbird jsc tp upto 54-56% at peak and for badr signal, it will of no use to track that bird even with 3 meter within Lagos and environs. kiss
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by microgiant: 8:27am On Dec 06, 2009
pitodenz:

George can you imagine this!!!!  Come micro no make me vex oh!! Forward any key for badr to my msg or mail whether trial or working keys,let there be no sorry next time abeg(lol). Just imagine almighty aljazeera open in badr and i miss them. Do you know that ccw/biss key hardly come out. I dey vex for myself pass sef.

Please check your mail and do some testing.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by obnelly: 9:39am On Dec 06, 2009
Adewest its not motorised just the normal ground mount.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by obnelly: 9:48am On Dec 06, 2009
so what exactly can i do to make the signal pump up a little bit, now its 10.45am the signal is flunctuating between green and red 46-20% at peak i get stable 50%-48%.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by fijabi(m): 11:00am On Dec 06, 2009
@pitodenz,check your gmail i sent some jsc sports keys on hotbird$badr to you have a wonderful sunday.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by BUTONEDAY(m): 12:41pm On Dec 06, 2009
@ All,
Has anyone being able to access sat-mac recently?
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by GeorgeD1(m): 1:28pm On Dec 06, 2009
@BUTONEDAY,
Looks like that site is down.

@adewest,
Badr is game here in south-south up to 95% quality on my 3m fibre. Why is it so difficult
to track it in Lagos and environ?
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by GeorgeD1(m): 1:48pm On Dec 06, 2009
@all,
Satellite Antenna Alignment 2.60 free is now available:

Download and replace your v2.50 now. Cheers!

http://www.download3k.com/Install-Satellite-Antenna-Alignment.html
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by olofofo(m): 3:06pm On Dec 06, 2009
@all
euro news FTA on nilesat 12015v

@obnelly

no luck with badr in lag, continue to tweek your jsc or change the lnb.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by zambeat(m): 3:18pm On Dec 06, 2009
@all.WHATS THE TP FOR TV MADAGASCAR w3a.TRIED TP FROM LYNGSAT GOT NO SIGNAL.MANAGED TO GET GO AFRICA,MBC ,FREE2VIEW ETC.IS THERE A DIFFERENT TP AND WHAT ELSE CAN I GET?THANKS GURUS
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Nobody: 3:23pm On Dec 06, 2009
@ zambeat, madagascar is not that reliable anymore, it only turns green at night at my end here, the freq is 10976, 3333
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by microgiant: 3:30pm On Dec 06, 2009
@ George_D

Thanks

zambeat:

@all.WHATS THE TP FOR TV MADAGASCAR w3a.TRIED TP FROM LYNGSAT GOT NO SIGNAL.MANAGED TO GET GO AFRICA,MBC ,FREE2VIEW ETC.IS THERE A DIFFERENT TP AND WHAT ELSE CAN I GET?THANKS GURUS
W3A is behaving funny these days, really don't know what is wrong, most of the channels crack or even go RED for some minutes at my end

@Enitan

Baba how you dey?
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by obnelly: 3:39pm On Dec 06, 2009
olofofo, any improved lnb for that jsc hotbird may be like 0.1db
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by larryenob(m): 4:07pm On Dec 06, 2009
FOR w3a it simple because of weather change just twist ur lnb a little
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Nobody: 5:20pm On Dec 06, 2009
@ lanrey, don't really beleive that. This weather is the most favorable weather concerning satellite reception.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Nobody: 5:30pm On Dec 06, 2009
@ lanrey, don't really beleive that. This weather is the most favorable weather concerning satellite reception.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by larryenob(m): 5:37pm On Dec 06, 2009
@ent my was like that until yesterday i did a little twist nd i am hittin 76% on mbcs, lcf, madagascar 70% on GO Africa  with 90cm dish in benin city
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by olofofo(m): 9:09pm On Dec 06, 2009
@obnelly

try echosat or eurovision or better yet, the longer version of the regular fuji.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by pofolo(m): 10:05pm On Dec 06, 2009
@ eni, @ larry,
i think it d station itself. Imagine me having 4 go-africa channels wit difrent tp's. Some show @times,others are just RED. Its also dsame for stv1.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by pofolo(m): 10:10pm On Dec 06, 2009
@ all,
can anyone pls confirm which champions league matches wil b viewed on mbc on w3a or crtv.thnx in anticipation,

(1) (2) (3) ... (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) ... (170)

All About Nilesat Installations / Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] / Strong Receivers Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.