Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,391 members, 7,891,737 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 July 2024 at 06:06 PM

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) - Satellite TV Technology (46) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) (252132 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) ... (170) (Go Down)

Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by lovala(m): 2:21am On Dec 07, 2009
@All
To continue viewing STV1 (broadcasting from Douala – Cameroon) on Sirius 4.8E use this frequency 12661.5. SR and Pol remain the same 2206 V.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Nobody: 7:33am On Dec 07, 2009
Pofolo, you'd have known that there's no way we could've known the matches to be aired on that day. Wait till the match day.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by microgiant: 8:57am On Dec 07, 2009
@Pito

I will send the list to your mail most of them are just file servers and not forums actually. although you may be required to register with some of the servers but on others you can download without registering.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by fasone(m): 9:45am On Dec 07, 2009
@all,
pls has any one successfully installed a working hh diseqc motor? mine would not track the clark belt after many trial, the pole is dead vertical but the latitude scale on the motor range from 15-65 degrees which is lower than 7 degree latitude where i am installing it. does it mean that it can not work in west Africa? come to my aid pls if u have the practical know-how. thanks
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by jayron(m): 10:12am On Dec 07, 2009
@enitan2002

Ore, thank u for making me busy through out the weekend.One of these days may be we go hook up.

@ Twinstaiye

Long live the Moderator, thank u so much. I was able to learn one or two things on Sunday. Modupe sir.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by jayron(m): 10:15am On Dec 07, 2009
@ Enitan2002

Dont forget what u promised u would send into my box.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by microgiant: 10:25am On Dec 07, 2009
BUTONEDAY:

@ All,
Has anyone being able to access sat-mac recently?

I tried but no success.  I think the site is under attack, its called DDoS (Direct Denial of Service) most satellite tv forum sites experience this from time to time.  These type of attacks most time in FTA world is masterminded by the Pay TV operators or from another competing site.  When you register and tick option of "RECEIVE EMAIL FROM ADMINISTRATOR" most sites will send email to you about a temporary site address you can use. I just got one such mail from one site (not sat-mac)

Hi xxxxxxxx

Due to a DDoS attack on the Xxxxxxxx server I've changed the httpd port to 00.

So for the time being use the following URL to access Xxxxxxxx.

http://www.xxxxxxxx.Bleep:00/forum

Xxxx

I posted something similar when the Ani site was under virus attack

but this kind of attack is different actually what happens is that the server is overwhelmed with request such as 1million computers login in at the same time with wrong passwords etc. so the server cannot respond to real users.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by GeorgeD1(m): 11:49am On Dec 07, 2009
@microgiant,
That's a good one. Please keep it up.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by jayron(m): 12:12pm On Dec 07, 2009
@George_D

Hello George, i tried ur phone several time on Saturday and Sunday the line was dead. Could u do me a favour in need T.Ps to track birds (From 7 degree to name it.)

I know this may be somehow to u, kindly do me this favour. I need realible T.Ps from people i can vouch for. Foward it to my box jayroncommunications@yahoo.com

Also step by step on how to upgrade my PVR using RS cable connected to another PVR decoder.

Thank u.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by zenus(m): 2:04pm On Dec 07, 2009
Live Champion league on MBC (W3A)
Tuesday
Juventus v Bayern Munich

Wed
Inter Milan v Rubin Kazan
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by alancruise(m): 2:13pm On Dec 07, 2009
@all

quite an age guys, being quite off a while, guess it just these work palaver, but i do read through with the help of my phone browser. i heard someone tslk about ils launch on w3a, but have tried scanning and all is to no avail.

the latest T.P on go Africa is still Cracking On my t.v. guess is from the server itself, also i want to ask that is the free2view on sirus going to be an mpeg 4 stations and when are they going to launch it.

w3a users any other new feeds on that birds, like entertainment, musicals sports?

sirus 4 users is the etv feeds still on sirus

george,olason,pito hw are u doing

to all a merry xmas in advance

awaiting ur reply, cos is going to do me good
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by teetee123: 4:42pm On Dec 07, 2009
@ All
An installer based in Ibadan is needed to do a motorised 2.4 pan for a friend.Get across to 08060774446 ASAP
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by GeorgeD1(m): 6:16pm On Dec 07, 2009
@jayron,
I'm sorry you couldn't get me. I'm out of town for now. As for your request, I will try and come up with the highest tps as soon as I get back to town.

BTW, you didn't tell us how your nilesat installation went. Were you able to sqeaze out most of the difficult H tps like BBC, ART and CNN?
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by pofolo(m): 7:33pm On Dec 07, 2009
@ microgiant,
u r indeed a giant . Keep it up !.
@ zenon,
can u pls drop d site or link to mbc w3a schedule. Thnx.
@ alancruise,
ils station is stil der, na 12728v30000. Use d tp enitan posted for go-africa. Also stv1 don change tp. If NEPA com, i'l check,confirm & post.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by lovala(m): 8:50pm On Dec 07, 2009
@All:
I am confirming that STV1's frequency has changed. It is now 12661.5. SR and Pol remain the same 2206 V.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by obnelly: 10:42pm On Dec 07, 2009
olofofo and adewest thanks i was able to hit 52-54% at peak on my jsc on hotbird.At 48-50% the cracking is minimal and the picture is not bad either.Thanks so much
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by pofolo(m): 7:41am On Dec 08, 2009
@ all,
d followin tp's 11004v3287 & 11014v2313. are green on my w3a/sirius, but does bring out any station wit my 90cm dish.

ils -launch 12730v29986.
F2v 12562h29994.
Go 11105v3800.
Stv1 12662h2201.
Note: lnb might cause polarity change.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by NashFTA(m): 7:44am On Dec 08, 2009
@All,
On PAS7/10, check this: 12614/V/5920 (or H depending on your LNB skew). Some channels by the name 'MSAT' are on air for last 3 days or so. Not very sure if they are feeds.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Hopitinto(m): 9:51am On Dec 08, 2009
More more of those pls
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by alancruise(m): 10:07am On Dec 08, 2009
@pofolo,thanks 4 all d tp's, i pray and hope it will work on my 4653x. Pls is d f2v gonna be on mpeg4? Wen r dy launchin it?
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by microgiant: 10:39am On Dec 08, 2009
@George_D, Pito, Dejsam

Please check these pics. The fuji works fine Pas7/10 97% on Manasat, but when i remove and install the C-Band LNB no signal.

Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by GeorgeD1(m): 11:44am On Dec 08, 2009
@microgiant,
Check your dish focal lenght and adjust your lnb accordingly. Use supermax preferably and remember to remove the dielectric from the lnb throat. Facing the dish, facing west, set the lnb to 2 o'clock position. Use India TV tp (4173v, 3000sr) and you will hit green up to 88% quality.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by rich8: 12:50pm On Dec 08, 2009
ALL MAN U VS ASTON VILLA LIVE ON 2M THIS WEKEND,
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by microgiant: 12:57pm On Dec 08, 2009
@George

Please Check this

Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by GeorgeD1(m): 1:08pm On Dec 08, 2009
@microgiant,
I need a close up look at the lnb throat.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by microgiant: 1:19pm On Dec 08, 2009
although after much skewing the LNB is not aligned with the scalar because i loosened the nut holding it to get allowance to rotate

Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by adewest(m): 4:59pm On Dec 08, 2009
microgiant:

although after much skewing the LNB is not aligned with the scalar because i loosened the nut holding it to get allowance to rotate

@ Microgiant,
While using the default polarity on the receiver in used, your LNB skew is in the wrong position. If the lnb am seeing in the pic is the STRONG or Pauxis made skew it a little anti clock wise direction as directed by George d to the angle of 2 o'clock and GBAM you will surely hit green.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by jajuk: 5:25pm On Dec 08, 2009
pls help i need i 4m fibre dish
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by pofolo(m): 6:26pm On Dec 08, 2009
@ all,
jst nail another w3a, caught a station,first service wit tp 11110v2954. Also caut 12521v27490 on green.can anybody confirm dis.
@ alancruise,
dnt kno if it wil b mpeg4,but i observ its audio is bbc .
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by olofofo(m): 7:50pm On Dec 08, 2009
fasone:

@all,
pls has any one successfully installed a working hh diseqc motor? mine would not track the clark belt after many trial, the pole is dead vertical but the latitude scale on the motor range from 15-65 degrees which is lower than 7 degree latitude where i am installing it. does it mean that it can not work in west Africa? come to my aid pls if u have the practical know-how. thanks

w3a, sirius and nss7 working fine on mine. no luck yet with the rest of the satellites.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by pofolo(m): 8:13pm On Dec 08, 2009
@ all,
man u vs wolfbug on crtv live
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Akerekoroabijawara(m): 8:25pm On Dec 08, 2009
@all wolfburg vs manu life on crtv at abstra 2b

(1) (2) (3) ... (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) ... (170)

All About Nilesat Installations / Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] / Strong Receivers Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.