Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,187 members, 7,880,703 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 03:24 AM

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) - Satellite TV Technology (63) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) (251482 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) ... (170) (Go Down)

Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by olatufu(m): 9:55pm On Jan 01, 2010
@ gurus, wot is d minimum dish size needed to nail arabsat & is it ku or c band? Wud like 2 knw dish price also and whr 2 get it.i stay in abule egba, lagos.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by olason(m): 10:22pm On Jan 01, 2010
Borderline, tanks for the call. To those fta stations that have kept us entertained and happy in 2009 we say a very big thank you. Would like to thank the following tv stations  for keeping it clean and free in no particular order 1-sabc 1-3, mbc 1-4, 2m national, ktn kenya. tv mozambique, go africa, lc2, cnn, bbc, aljazeera, cctv, citizen tv,direct 8, mbc maritius, crtv, mbc max, wikky plus, fox series, tv africa, dubai one. mtv arabia, mbc persia, space toon english, Ad tv sport, fox movies,france 24, capital, itv, star tv, tv5, dw- africa, eatv,ch 10,tbc1, smile of a child.free to view, stv1, jsc sport, vaisat one1. just to mention a few, lets do it again guys. fta for eternity!
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by olason(m): 10:43pm On Jan 01, 2010
All, the nations cup is around the corner, go get ur set tuned to tpa on w3a and enjoy unlimited coverage of the nations cup stating on the 10th of Jan 2010. Don't be decieved by those pay tvs advert that they have exclusive right to show them, Apart from the station I mentioned above. So many other fta stations across the globe are also involved in this, including our colourless NTA. Would keep the house posted as always.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by olatufu(m): 2:12am On Jan 02, 2010
@ gurus, wot is d minimum dish size needed to nail arabsat & is it ku or c band? Wud like 2 knw dish price also and whr 2 get it.i stay in abule egba, lagos.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by adewest(m): 7:41am On Jan 02, 2010
olason:

Happy new yr 2010 to al the great minds on this wonderful and informative forum. @ Oga Badaru, confirmed those channels are curently scrambled. it is encripted with viacces, irdeto, and skyscript, all at the same time am sure we will always find a way around this things. 

A token of abracadabra card works perfectly ok for all jsc+1 - +8 regardless of d[b] satellite where the signal is  [/b] been down link from.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by princeparis(m): 10:43am On Jan 02, 2010
@George d, thanks for the welcome. Would you be my FTA coach? I am currently on HITV. What upgrade can i do.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by captainus: 10:44am On Jan 02, 2010
@badaru1, i need to discuss some issues with u so if u dont mind pls post ur number or email me on captainus2@gmail.com.thanks. @salamander,@ecowas4all @sathob @blakstar   et all  AFEHYIA PA
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by princeparis(m): 10:58am On Jan 02, 2010
@George d, thanks for the welcome. Would you be my FTA coach? I am currently on HITV. What upgrade can i do.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Enigma(m): 11:16am On Jan 02, 2010
Happy new year once again everybody.

@olofofo

I sent you an email about google group, thanks.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by GeorgeD1(m): 11:33am On Jan 02, 2010
prince paris:

@prince paris,
Transition from hitv to fta is a piece of cake. Let me know when your susbcription expires so you can be fully initiated.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by olofofo(m): 1:31pm On Jan 02, 2010
@enigma

check your email
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Enigma(m): 4:24pm On Jan 02, 2010
Got it olofofo, many thanks. cool
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by badaru1(m): 5:41pm On Jan 02, 2010
@capitainus

badaru1@yahoo.com. 08066061677
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Ameboperoo(m): 6:19pm On Jan 02, 2010
Pls anyone watching sirius and w3a should kindly give strong tp for each bird. I need 2 change from pas 10 asap. God bless.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by donald303: 7:18pm On Jan 02, 2010
@GEORGE
@ALL
SOS TO THE HOUSE:: i greet everyone this new year. i am in dear need of your assistance urgently.my associate has just dis-assemble his two 60cm dish he used for pas7/10 & nss7ku.he wants to relocate to ew3a & astra 2b for the nations cup &worldcup.& i have offered to help him install them.but when the moment came,i was totally confused.but both of us are determined to do it ourselves.i only know how to input freq.,blindscan,&other in-house works. so,i need practical answers to the following problem to enable us complete the installation b4 the nations cup begin
1. THE TWO MOUNTING POLES HAVE BEEN COMPLETELY REMOVED, SO HOW DO I START MOUNTING THE POLES AGAIN CONSIDERING THE ELEVATIONS OF EW3A & ASTRA 2B ARE DIFFERENT FROM PAS7/10,&NSS7KU?
2. WHEN THAT IS DONE,HOW DO I NOW TRACK WHEN THE DISH IS STILL LOOSE & HOW SHOULD THE LNB BE POSITIONED FOR THE TWO BIRDS ?
3. FINALLY,WHEN I HAVE GOTTEN THE TWO POSITIONS,HOW DO I TIGHTEN TO MAKE SURE THE POSITION HASN'T SHIFTED?
i know i'm asking for a lot & that is why i beg you to pardon any percieved excesses on my part,but i will be forever be grateful if you can assist me with my first real installation coming at this crucial nations cup period.thanks in anticipation.GOD BLESS!
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by spacevice(m): 7:23pm On Jan 02, 2010
@ microgiant
still waiting 4 ur response on my last post
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by spacevice(m): 7:23pm On Jan 02, 2010
@ Captainus
AFEHYIA PA too. Let me hv ur number.
spacevice@yahoo.com
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by princeparis(m): 8:19pm On Jan 02, 2010
@chairman George, my current sub will end towards end of this month. I dont think i will wait till then, i am tired and bored with hitv already. They are not even go to show the nation cup.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by princeparis(m): 8:24pm On Jan 02, 2010
Are you based in Warri? (4rm ur profile) I was formally in PH b4 moving back west.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by pofolo(m): 9:47pm On Jan 02, 2010
@ all,
im again asking if any one knows anything or d useful of this reciever.
SUPERMAX L.T.2070.
Features:
100 filters,
wide band tuner,
digital audio,
diseqc 1.0,
IF INPUT(lnb power out) 18v 300ma. It have A & B.
Av cord input (4).
Rf in & out.
D problem am having is dat d tin no get remote,except for power & channel up & down .
Pls, is d box stil useful. . .
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by donald303: 10:00pm On Jan 02, 2010
@MODERATOR
why are my posts deleted immediately after posting?
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by pofolo(m): 10:09pm On Jan 02, 2010
@ prince paris,
welcome,
with ur 60cm dish,i'l advice u go for GTV (AUB affiliated)on astra 2b on 28 east. Ur hitv is on 36east. Input this tp 12600v3250 on ur decoder.standin at d back of ur dish,shift d dish to ur right a bit gently & makin sure d dish is elevated facin up.once u nail d bird,just store & then blindscan.
If u want to increase ur chances of wider ANC coverage,i'l advice u go for w3a with 90cm dish.
By d way wat receiver r u using, strong or hitv branded ?.hope it helps
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by pofolo(m): 1:08am On Jan 03, 2010
@ donald303,
u need a 60cm for astra2b & a 90cm for w3a.
Note: pas7/10 is east,while nss7 is west.hence 4 dis exercise,pas7/10wil b d reference(startin) point & position.
For astra2b (60cm)dish.
1. mount d dish facing 7/10 (east) position.
2. instal d dish leavin d screws dat allows d dish to face up & down a bit tightened.
3. also d screw dat holds d dish to d pole shud b tightened to allow easy shift of dish left & right.
4. pas7/10 is 68.5east.,frm here take a cue from above post to prince paris.
Afta saving,now go to wen u hit green,start tightin d screws,takin serious note of d signal quality & strenght.
5. stif tightnen shud b @ d highest %.
Best of luck.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by princeparis(m): 8:47am On Jan 03, 2010
@pofolo, thanks. my decoder is hitv branded, hope its ok. No power now would try it out once i restore power.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by princeparis(m): 8:56am On Jan 03, 2010
Think i might go for the 1m dish dat should give more leverage in terms of reception, what do you think. I will do that early on monday. Can i use two dishes on one decoder?
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by GeorgeD1(m): 1:16pm On Jan 03, 2010
prince paris:

@chairman George, my current sub will end towards end of this month. I dont think i will wait till then, i am tired and bored with hitv already. They are not even go to show the nation cup.

@prince paris,
I can see pofolo above is already putting you through on what you need to do. Follow his steps and you are on your way to escaping hitv. You will be free forever!

And, yes I base in Warri-my profile doesn't lie. smiley
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Hopitinto(m): 1:26pm On Jan 03, 2010
@pofolo is there any music station i can get apart 4rm eatv.thanks
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by larryenob(m): 4:18pm On Jan 03, 2010
@all any were i can watch fa-cup
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by pofolo(m): 7:13pm On Jan 03, 2010
@ prince paris,
its o.k. D only difculty u mite have is inputin d tp. I'l advice u just edit one from d w4 tps.
Yes u can combine 2-4 dishes on 1 reciever. Get a diseqc switch wen u go 2 get ur 1m dish.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Goldrock(m): 9:29pm On Jan 03, 2010
@Pofolo,
Pls kindly drop me yr Cellphone #, My contact mail is (goldrock125@yahoo.com.)
I reside in Ibadan. Thanks.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by odilibe(m): 10:29pm On Jan 03, 2010
@pofolo the supermax lt 2070 has a specification of analogue receiver it has a wide band tuner mainly used by analogue receivers its lnb power output is only 18volts whearas current receivers has both 13v and 18v power output to the lnb that receiver is out of date and useless the only satellite in african beam which still transmit analogue channel  is intelsat 902 @62e mnet ch besides it is scrambled that receiver is analogue so dont go looking for the remote control
pofolo:

@ all,
im again asking if any one knows anything or d useful of this reciever.
SUPERMAX L.T.2070.
Features:
100 filters,
wide band tuner,
digital audio,
diseqc 1.0,
IF INPUT(lnb power out) 18v 300ma. It have A & B.
Av cord input (4).
Rf in & out.
D problem am having is dat d tin no get remote,except for power & channel up & down .
Pls, is d box stil useful. . .
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by skylolo112(m): 10:33pm On Jan 03, 2010
@all
instead of relying on yf why not try free gate
download it and its working perfectly fine than yf

Happy new year

(1) (2) (3) ... (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) ... (170)

All About Nilesat Installations / Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] / Strong Receivers Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.