Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,187 members, 7,880,702 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 03:23 AM

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) - Satellite TV Technology (65) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) (251481 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) ... (170) (Go Down)

Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by borderline(m): 4:04am On Jan 05, 2010
@oga twinstaiye
donald303 askd me to inform the house that his posting priviledges has been withdrawn 4 posting a request 2 george-d on installation. he wants u 2 fix d problem asap .
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by borderline(m): 4:18am On Jan 05, 2010
@blakstars
welcome back. is metro tv stil on nss10?,cos i av lost them.
@olason
no joy frm those updates & i think dat wil av 2 b d end. there ar many opportunities stil 2 be explored in d fta world. ar u stil watching metro tv as well?
@george_d_maestro
how body?
@olatiler
as soon as u ar thru wit wat i gave u,just let me know.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by grafikii: 7:22am On Jan 05, 2010
pls how much does a 1m dish cost
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by microgiant: 8:03am On Jan 05, 2010
yomyom52:

Hello.
Pls. i live in Australia and would like to watch Nigeria TV stations via satellite here in australia. Do you know any name of the satellite the free tv stations are using in nigeria please. I am purchasing the dish next week but i like to know before i go ahead if it worth buying it  and if i can search for the stations here.

Try Intelsat 4 at 72.0°E (for AIT International UK, Freq 12657, Pol H, Sr 5920, Fec 3/4) remember it's an out of footprint satellite
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by GeorgeD1(m): 10:16am On Jan 05, 2010
@borderline,
Happy new year to you. How far about that project of yours?

I think donald303 must have been flaged by the spam bot because of his multiple posts earlier on.

@Twinstaiye,
Over to you. Kindly restore donald back to the fold.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by GeorgeD1(m): 10:18am On Jan 05, 2010
prince paris:

@Pofolo and George, bought the dish and diseqc 2day. the only thing is that i dont know whether it is 1m or 90cm. it measured 1m horizontal and 90cm on the vertical, anyway i would install tomorrow. Even if its 90cm hope it will nail w3a and sirius together. if not the guy i got it from in oshodi is in trouble. By the way the dish is daarsat branded, is it perfect for the job.

@prince paris,
The dish you mentioned is a 1m dish and should do a perfect job. Forget about the daarsat logo, it's all marketing.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by pitodenz(m): 10:32am On Jan 05, 2010
BETTER 2010 TO ALL
@ George D
Hope u re doing great. I never meant to turn enitan off from ur suggestion or anybody's own too. I just want him to remain focus that too many opinion might get him cofused. Remember that u made a heavy contributions in my start days during my project.
@ Enitan
How did it go? I never knew that there was no mtn network in my village.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by GeorgeD1(m): 10:43am On Jan 05, 2010
@pitodenz,
Welcome back from the countryside. You go chop mama soup, abi? Anyway, happy new year to you once again! smiley
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by microgiant: 10:47am On Jan 05, 2010
@All

If it's possible to get a HD Free2view capable decoder, then it's death sentence to PayThieves imagine the POSSIBILITIES

with just 2-60cm dishes only on Astra2B and Sirius4

or alternatively

60cm for Astra2B and 90cm for Sirius4/W3A more than 30 English Channels of entertainment free.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by olason(m): 10:57am On Jan 05, 2010
Hoptinto, from experience have learnt not to rely on lynsat or flysat or whatever sat for info on new freq i just do my scan, for now u won't find the freq there pls rescan.
@borderline, same here with mine.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by JMS(m): 11:59am On Jan 05, 2010
Hi all & happy new year 2010!!! i am looking for srt 4669 or, in order to try Multi tv(Astra 2b) which is an off-foot print bird here in Brazzaville.
As long as tv package providers will not pay God, air will always be free, long live FTA!
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by BUTONEDAY(m): 12:43pm On Jan 05, 2010
JMS:

Hi all & happy new year 2010!!! i am looking for srt 4669 or, in order to try Multi tv(Astra 2b) which is an off-foot print bird here in Brazzaville.
As long as tv package providers will not pay God, air will always be free, long live FTA!

@JMS,
If you can't find any 4699x receiver to buy in Brazzaville, then make contact with Olofofo. He will get you one from Lagos, Nigeria.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by borderline(m): 1:06pm On Jan 05, 2010
@george

everything is perfectly in d pipeline.just some formalities that has 2 b gone thru & d christmas-newyear-hangover. As soon as all those ar sorted out,i shud b gud 2 go.thanks.i remain loyal
@olason
roger that
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by spacevice(m): 1:34pm On Jan 05, 2010
@ all
This yr promises to be exciting for FTA viewers. CRTV is planning to add 12 channels by February. Details of the channels not known yet. Soo much more entertainment 4 free.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by osef(m): 2:38pm On Jan 05, 2010
@ all
Happy new yearto everybody hoping that you all have a great year ahead
@jujukemist
happy new year sir wishing abundance of God's riches
@Gangsta101
best regards
@George D
all the best sir
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by osef(m): 2:47pm On Jan 05, 2010
@ ugeh
thank you brother for your assistance, i really appreciate it, God will upift you to a greater height this year amen
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by jossybless(m): 3:24pm On Jan 05, 2010
olofofo:

come and carry my own for 2k. na dirty the thing be for my house.

Please kindly send me your details and location into my box joadekunle@yahoo.com Will indeed appreciate you
ok

Thanks
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by GeorgeD1(m): 3:45pm On Jan 05, 2010
@Dejsam,
What's up at your end? I will try that package before weekend and get back to you.
Happy new year!

@osef,
Been quite sometime. How body?
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by jossybless(m): 5:42pm On Jan 05, 2010
@ George
Compliments of the Season to you how is ur family? All glory to God for making this new decade( begining of new tens, ) May God see us through
Well I have a card nagravision used formerly by the Trumpet TV I dont know what channels it can open pls advise and what to do for updates?
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Dejsam(m): 5:42pm On Jan 05, 2010
George_D:

@Dejsam,
What's up at your end? I will try that package before weekend and get back to you.
Happy new year!

@osef,
Been quite sometime. How body?

@george d,

roger that.just keep me posted sha.i will be entering ur end any moment from next week but subject to how fast my leave approval will be.i will keep intouch with u on this.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Nobody: 6:17pm On Jan 05, 2010
@ spacevice,
thanks for that info, CRTV will then have to change its freq or perhaps increase its SR to 5 digits so as to be able to carry that number of promised channels.

@ all,
i wanna say thanks to everyone esp olofofo, for you guys that helped me out with the lost DSTV signal in the boss's office. The 3 line amplifiers really worked, and have been celebrated as an hero.

The secret of creativity is hiding the source of your knowledge, (Albert Einstein)

i applied this to the panel of jury in here.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by pofolo(m): 6:50pm On Jan 05, 2010
@ microgiant,
is d f2v decoder out yet.i notice some channels have been name already afta doing a blindscan ystaday.
Can 4699x do d magic ?
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by GeorgeD1(m): 7:26pm On Jan 05, 2010
jossybless:

@ George
Compliments of the Season to you how is your family? All glory to God for making this new decade( begining of new tens, ) May God see us through
Well I have a card nagravision used formerly by the Trumpet TV I dont know what channels it can open pls advise and what to do for updates?

@jossybless,
Compliments to you too. I suggest you forget about that nagravision card. A proprietary smart card can only be used for the service provider it was customised to serve.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by borderline(m): 10:53pm On Jan 05, 2010
its really a great news frm crtv.let us all hope they won't go d way of multitv,f2v & muvitv by selling their own decoders,but their isn't anything frm their adverts & website to suggest they ar planning such a thing. lets keep our fingers working(not crossd)
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by yomyom52(m): 12:39am On Jan 06, 2010
@ microgiant
Thank you very much, I will try that sir.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by pitodenz(m): 12:55am On Jan 06, 2010
@ Enitan
           Thats a great news. Detail the house please.
@ All
       I installed a 2.4m strong pan dish in portharcourt last december before i left for my country home for new year. In all my installations this one took more time but was the best even better than mine. At first i was struggling for mbc's frequency to come up for very long time but when i adjusted the scaler rings,to my amazement mbc signal pop up but mbc was not the surprise tp later 12169V mtv arabia and neckledon which has never show green in all my 2.4m dish installations. I used echosat quad lnb which is the same lnb i used and moreover i take that tp to be the weakest in badr. These out of beam signal ll not stop amazing me oh.
        I ll post the picture of the control room and equipments i used in my recent concluded project later.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by princeparis(m): 7:23am On Jan 06, 2010
@George and Pofolo, you guys are great. @ALL, thanks, various posts above on tracking was a great help. I have installed the dish, though it was kind of tricky being a first timer. i was able to track astra2b for pratice it was very easy doing that. i also track sirius by then it was getting late. This took some time because i was looking somewhere else. today i will track the w3a from sirius position and finalise the installation unfaillingly. thanks every one.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by zambeat(m): 9:02am On Jan 06, 2010
@all. i haue seen here a lot of post about nailing w3a and sirius with one 90cm dish.now my question is,if i happen to nail w3a does it mean i have also nailed sirius?if not how does one go about it.thanks all
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by microgiant: 10:00am On Jan 06, 2010
pofolo:

@ microgiant,
is d f2v decoder out yet.i notice some channels have been name already afta doing a blindscan ystaday.
Can 4699x do d magic ?

It's not out yet, viewers in South Africa may have it first before others as the company is presently registered in SA.

To answer your question on 4669x doing the magic, for now it is not possible, may be in future. Reason is that Free2view is using NDS Videoguard encryption system, which strong cannot decode. the closed GTV used coship decoders with NDS embedded, so even if you have a NDS smartcard you cannot use it with your strong decoder except a firmware update is released to emulate the encryption.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Paps1: 10:02am On Jan 06, 2010
@all can anyone confirm that muvi tv is encrypted under conax.Have they become part of my tv bouquent
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by borderline(m): 10:12am On Jan 06, 2010
@zambeat
you don't have to b confusd. the direct answer 2 ur query is NO. nailing ew3a doesn't guarantee sirius 4 tps coming up.To d other query.frm personal experience,i can tell u wil av to be EW3A-BIASED if u which to strike d two birds 2gether.wat i mean is dat most tps on sirius ar stronger dan d ew3a's.so use d globecast tp 2 track sirius 2 d max.signal.then note dat positn & input d mbc tp & gently move d dish 2 d right(standing at d back of d dish),elevation remaining d same.note closely d point where mbc hits 50%,then scroll back 2 d globecast tp & make sure itsn't cracking. continue 2 adjust until u ar sure mbc,malagazy(ew3a),f2v,globecast(sirius4)arn't cracking.be warnd dat tv miramar & some other tps may be cracking on ew3a but that is d compromise u av 2 make if u want 2 watch both birds at once.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by sayso: 10:28am On Jan 06, 2010
morning to all and have a fruitful day in shooting down birds of all angles.

(1) (2) (3) ... (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) ... (170)

All About Nilesat Installations / Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] / Strong Receivers Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.