Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,188,756 members, 7,935,257 topics. Date: Friday, 30 August 2024 at 04:44 AM

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) - Satellite TV Technology (78) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) (254314 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) ... (170) (Go Down)

Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by obnelly: 11:05pm On Jan 19, 2010
@ibaku,No worries,try and increase the hight that may add value to your signal quality as well.Good luck.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by olofofo(m): 11:20pm On Jan 19, 2010
@pito/any one who knows

please send details on how to connect and use MTN with freegate or YF to my box at olofofo@gmail.com, thanks
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by borderline(m): 12:31am On Jan 20, 2010
@george
apologies for not replying ur call.ur name didnt appear wit d no you calld wit or av you chand ur mobile no?
i'v been away frm my house since,pls i wud like 2 know d latest about CRTV addition of channels,
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by borderline(m): 12:37am On Jan 20, 2010
@jossybless
if ur locatn is close to d sweetmother/ogo-oluwa street axis,then whenever i get back 2 town,i could send some1 or come in person ,if need be,for ur installatn.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by borderline(m): 12:41am On Jan 20, 2010
@olason
longtime no hear
@enitan
Na so your own be
@george
ur fr**gate rocks wit mtn 3.5g well
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Jerana15(m): 1:54am On Jan 20, 2010
Guys,is it true dat i can track sirius4 wit a 60cm dish? nd pls are there good channels there dat show any league,musicals,series etc.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by peacenlove: 2:15am On Jan 20, 2010
Greetings to all
Havent been up on this forum for almost two years since my last trip to Nigeria and Ghana back in 2008, Very happy to see the forum is still going strong.
There seems to be a lot of changes in the satellite scene since my last trip to Nigeria/Ghana, there were quite a lot of free stations on 36E and i put up a number of dishes both in nigeria and Ghana and will be doing the same again in the next few weeks.

I want to know what ever happended to Darsat I thought they had a free network broadcasting in mpeg 4 on 27.5w but can no longer see the listing on lyngsat, did the network crash.
i also see there is a network on astra 2 called multi tv which seems to be free. it looks interesting obviously you need hd equipment but thinking i may possibly be able to tune this in on my lap time with my portable usb skystar2 DVB receiver, i also have a portable 38cm casgrain dish (Arcon Sweety Camping Dish) which fits in my suitcase and is the equivalent of a 65cm dish, could this dish catch multitv or would i need a 90cm dish
Can any one give me an idea of the price of a 90cm dish sold localy in N

Also i hear talk abot the channel CRT do they show any live premiership games.

Also finaly has anyone tried unlocking canal horisons on 22West nss7 i understand its encrypted in Secca 1 , is there anyone out there with a dvb sytem with Vplug installed, Im wandering if the Vplug would find the seca 1 codes, ill definatly give it a try when im out there

Would appreciate any replies to my many questions and thanks in advance
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by pofolo(m): 8:34am On Jan 20, 2010
@ all,
interesting ! ! !.

@ phizz.
Na 2day we go know who will win d prize to ur quiz.
Who will b d 1st to come back home.
1. Super chickens.
2. Yaradie.

@ olofofo.
Pls how do i go about d g-group,me self wan enjoy & kontribut 2 wetin dey hapun 4 'backyard'
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by captainus: 9:11am On Jan 20, 2010
@sathob,
@Salamander
@Blakstar
@Ecowas4all
@ALL

Anybody knows where I can get a remote control for superjack positioner(32 memories) in Accra?
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by peacenlove: 9:33am On Jan 20, 2010
Greetings to all
Haven't been up on this forum for almost two years since my last trip to Nigeria and Ghana back in 2008, Very happy to see the forum is still going strong.
There seems to be a lot of changes in the satellite scene since my last trip to Nigeria/Ghana, there were quite a lot of free stations on 36E and i put up a number of dishes both in Nigeria and Ghana and will be doing the same again in the next few weeks.

I want to know what ever happended to Darsat I thought they had a free network broadcasting in mpeg 4 on 27.5w but can no longer see the listing on lyngsat, did the network crash.
i also see there is a network on Astra 2 called multi tv which seems to be free. it looks interesting obviously you need hd equipment but thinking i may possibly be able to tune this in on my lap time with my portable usb skystar2 DVB receiver, i also have a portable 38cm casgrain dish (Arcon Sweety Camping Dish) which fits in my suitcase and is the equivalent of a 65cm dish, could this dish catch multitv or would i need a 90cm dish
Can any one give me an idea of the price of a 90cm dish sold locally in N

Also i hear talk about the channel CRT do they show any live premiership games.

Would appreciate any replies to my many questions and thanks in advance
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Hopitinto(m): 9:58am On Jan 20, 2010
Dis debate. TO motorized dish is the best. Fixed is 4 arabian.cos notin last 4 ever.1 day nilesat might go off or badr but motorised ahh mtn evry were u go strong quality signals.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by jossybless(m): 10:45am On Jan 20, 2010
@ borderline
PLs thanks where do u stay pls

@ Olofofo
Your gmail is not going cos just send message and it was failure delivery but meanwhile av sent it to ur yahoo box ok
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by jayron(m): 10:50am On Jan 20, 2010
@ Olofofo

Long time no yan, i dey oh, i just say make i hala u cos if i no do that, i dey cheat on u. You go one say why, actually have been using part of ur contributions to develop and kit myself up. If not for that all these Baraho installer would have collected my money finish.

You are too much joooooooooooooo.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by jayron(m): 11:05am On Jan 20, 2010
@ George_D

His excellency, could u gently explain what is happening to ECHOLINK receiver users. Is there patch for the users or what.

Ur Excellency i need to know?
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by sathob(m): 11:46am On Jan 20, 2010
@captain

if u do not get one from that shopping mall at E- Legon, then I will get u the address for two shops I know. one in Osu and the other one arround zongo lane, I will get the addy later since I don't have it here with me now.

@kakofo
Pls check your mail. tnx

@olofofo
I once read here about the difficulty in putting the diseqc motor for 90cm to effective use because of some issues with the latitude/longitude values being less. I want to find out from you if there has been a way out in overcoming that shortfall - I still have interest.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by salamander(m): 12:00pm On Jan 20, 2010
@Captainus

If by Sathobs suggestion still you can't find one, the best option is from Sankanse. I will ask around for the guys that ply that route and will get back to you.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by skalamanga: 12:07pm On Jan 20, 2010
@Dejsam
How far na? still waiting for that backyard runs email you promised me o, abeg no vex i go really appreciate your expertise oh
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Candymann: 12:23pm On Jan 20, 2010
@all
Just got hooked to MGM Channel Portugal on Eutelsat W2A last evening. Anyone tried it? How modern are those movies they show
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by eduzo(m): 12:29pm On Jan 20, 2010
enitan 2002
you are correct. satellites tend to drift emphasis on 'tend to'. you are also correct, there is a gulf between theory and practice although i have neither propounded nor rehashed any theory. you see enitan, these statements do not in anyway show my post or the essence of it to be incorrect. i am glad to know that you are a certified telecoms engineer, at least i know where to direct my questions. for the records though, i am not exactly without knowledge with regard to theory vs practice. a man with a post graduate degree  in engineering from cranfield in the UK can't be. or can he?
eduzo
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Candymann: 12:32pm On Jan 20, 2010
@all
Whats the simplest way for catching Silverbird and Metro TV on NSS10, 37.5 degrees West? Whats the nearest bird I can use as a starting (reference point)?
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by spacevice(m): 2:36pm On Jan 20, 2010
@ Captainus

Call this tel no. and find out: 021517480. It's the shop at A&C mall sathob referred u to.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by bodejohn(m): 4:24pm On Jan 20, 2010
eduzo:

A man with a post graduate degree in engineering from cranfield in the UK can't be. or can he?

A gentle storm is gathering south of the Atlantic, wink
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by captainus: 5:13pm On Jan 20, 2010
@Sathob
@Salamander
@Spacevice

Thanks for the effort.I will be waiting for further infos
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Nobody: 5:31pm On Jan 20, 2010
Pls can anyone send me the settings for freegate or ultrasurf,i v bin out for too long.my addy is justtobor@gmail.com.
longlive fta
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Ibaku(m): 6:19pm On Jan 20, 2010
@candymann, well done on ur new hook, whats the direction like ? I want to give it a shot, thankx.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Ibaku(m): 6:29pm On Jan 20, 2010
@obnelly, wats up bro ? Believe me my brother, i have applied every knowledge acquired on these great thread yet everything remained the same but sha onyinbo don confess say guys don do their best d thing still dey crack like no tomorrow lol !
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Gangsta101(m): 7:02pm On Jan 20, 2010
bodejohn:

Yes Bro, i can also see the signs. We always seem to have at least one Every season, though seasons one and two were the most explosive, but then again, this is Nairaland isn't it

With respect to fixed V motorised, the truth is if you can have both, it definitely is worth it. I presently reside at Maiduguri, where i probably receive some of the strongest signals for european/mid eastern out-of-footprint birds, but my motorized setup could not get very good nilesat signals across all TP's, so i have a fixed dish, pointed at nilesat, with attachments for Nss7, sirius 4, and w3a, so i can get a steady signal on those birds while always fighting the tough Maiduguri winds with my Motorised setup (which i have taken down by the way, preparing to install it somewhere else).
so like all arguments which involve which side of the egg to break (Lillipudian battle in Gulliver's Travel), Everything has its merits. so look at the one that is best for you/your pocket and run with it, but if you can, while not got for both.

Dejsam/Abracadabra users.

I have installed every new update since 11th (i think), but have not been able to get ART/JSC, not even the cas updates of 15th and 19th (najmsat), is anyone having better luck than me, and/or any suggestions to get past this?
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Nobody: 7:38pm On Jan 20, 2010
bodejohn:

bodejohn, what do you take me for? a troublemaker?

eduzo:

enitan 2002
you are correct. satellites tend to drift emphasis on 'tend to'. you are also correct, there is a gulf between theory and practice although i have neither propounded nor rehashed any theory. you see enitan, these statements do not in anyway show my post or the essence of it to be incorrect. i am glad to know that you are a certified telecoms engineer, at least i know where to direct my questions. for the records though, i am not exactly without knowledge with regard to theory vs practice. a man with a post graduate degree  in engineering from cranfield in the UK can't be. or can he?
eduzo

thats good of you eduzo, but remember that engineering is very wide, i specified the engineering field i've been certified. what field of engineering are u? Stone Engineering, lol? come off it and be direct in speaking.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by ifende(m): 7:43pm On Jan 20, 2010
Quote from Gangsta101 Today at 07:02:11 PM
Dejsam/Abracadabra users.

I have installed every new update since 11th (i think), but have not been able to get ART/JSC, not even the cas updates of 15th and 19th (najmsat), is anyone having better luck than me, and/or any suggestions to get past this?

Give me your email let me send you the working cas data file
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Nobody: 7:56pm On Jan 20, 2010
I tabled the pros and cons of fixed and motorised, i never impose my writeups on anyone, its just a token gift from my vast knowledge regarding satellite. If you are going for motorised, just be prepared to work a little harder in solving problems that will be coming up often. George's can be a witness in that regard, and if he wants to say anything contrary, at least his posts are there to vindicate me.

You can't just be having an unusual fantasies about something without praticalising it. As i've said before, there's usually a fine line between mental illness and hobby.

its not everyone here that is a satellite ehtusiast, you having a satellite setup at home doesnt qualify you as a satellite hobbyst. have you ever being in a position that, anywhere you walk, you'll be looking for satellite dishes.  you will judge yourself that you are really crazy about satellites.
have you ever being with olofofo, badaru, butoneday, george, ifende, bodejohn. these are not merely satellite hibbyst, they have being sentenced to life imprisonment in a satellite mental institution, even their wives can't save them, but rather they have joined the team.
some here have spent more than half-a-million naira on satellite accesories. they have put into pratice the theoretical craze they have on satellite.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Nobody: 8:10pm On Jan 20, 2010
@ jayron,
my weekends for january si on saturdays and sundays, but my weekends for the month of february will be on mondays and tuesdays, so fill me in your schedule for the month of february and tell me where you will taking me out for a date.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Gangsta101(m): 8:47pm On Jan 20, 2010
Ifende

Gangstastick@gmail.com

thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) ... (170)

All About Nilesat Installations / Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] / Strong Receivers Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.