Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,185,779 members, 7,927,202 topics. Date: Wednesday, 21 August 2024 at 11:19 AM

Some People Say I Got Successful Through Diabolical Means –odunlade Adekola - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Some People Say I Got Successful Through Diabolical Means –odunlade Adekola (687 Views)

Odunlade Adekola In Class With His Coursemates In University Of Lagos (Photo) / Sexy Steel: I Don't Care If People Say I Date Sugar Mummies For A Living / Jide Kosoko cries: “This is the third wife I ’ve lost, what will people say?” (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Some People Say I Got Successful Through Diabolical Means –odunlade Adekola by sammyotukoya(m): 9:42am On Sep 03, 2016
Yoruba actor, Odunlade Adekola, is waxing stronger everyday and it seems some people are still amazed how he was able to get to this height.

Interestingly, not just a few feel he must have visited a ‘babalawo’ (native doctor), who would have performed some sacrifices for him, which automatically boosted Adekola’s career.

And indeed, the actor, in a chat with Saturday Beats recently, affirmed that some people actually have such perception about his success.

“I never knew I would be successful as an actor; my belief has always been that God should elevate me in my endeavours. I always prayed that God should make me a successful person.

“Some people say that I used voodoo or metaphysical powers to be successful. I hear when they say such but I tell everyone that I can never do such. During the graduation of my students last year, I addressed this issue because it was during that time people were peddling rumours of my demise. When the rumour of my death hit town, some people said that I did ‘jazz’ to be successful. That was why during the graduation of my students last year, I said it in public that if I had ever thought of doing ‘jazz’ to succeed God should make me lose everything I had ever worked for.

“I hear these comments but they do not move me at all. I am a writer, director, producer and an actor. It is normal for people to talk but it has never upset me.”

The actor told Saturday Beats that he has always been a funny actor since the beginning of his career in his church. He said although people loved his performances, he never thought of making it a career.

“I started acting in church when I was a kid. When I was in church, I was like Baba Suwe, whenever I mounted the stage, people would start laughing. A lot of people really loved me but I did not really have interest in acting.

“There was a friend of mine, Tunde, who also acted. He told an actor about me and the man asked to see me. When I got there, the man asked me to act for him and ever since then, I never stopped acting. I later joined the man’s acting group and that was how I started. This happened in 1996,” Adekola added.

Read more: http://www.slimxclusive.com/2016/09/some-people-say-i-got-successful.html

cc: lalasticlala

1 Share

Re: Some People Say I Got Successful Through Diabolical Means –odunlade Adekola by cruzita(f): 9:51am On Sep 03, 2016
no matter what u do ,people must say something

all u have to do is just to give them full deaf ear
Re: Some People Say I Got Successful Through Diabolical Means –odunlade Adekola by Smellymouth: 9:51am On Sep 03, 2016
Odunlade is one of my very favourite actors, He has a wonderful sense of character and depth.. cool

1 Like

Re: Some People Say I Got Successful Through Diabolical Means –odunlade Adekola by edo3(m): 9:52am On Sep 03, 2016
So why bleaching na?
Re: Some People Say I Got Successful Through Diabolical Means –odunlade Adekola by Nobody: 9:53am On Sep 03, 2016
if nobody talks about u then u are nobody..

But seriously Nigerians gat to chill...every successful person na jazz! And they say we are not progressive as a country
.why do u think that is..

OUR FVCKED UP MENTALITY!
Re: Some People Say I Got Successful Through Diabolical Means –odunlade Adekola by Nobody: 10:20am On Sep 03, 2016
grin grin grin
Re: Some People Say I Got Successful Through Diabolical Means –odunlade Adekola by eitsei(m): 10:33am On Sep 03, 2016
I like this guy a lot, sometimes I can't say who's better between him and femi adebayo
Re: Some People Say I Got Successful Through Diabolical Means –odunlade Adekola by powerfulsettingz: 11:05am On Sep 03, 2016
now what does diabolical mean? And what has That got to do with ur funny being?

Guess they are as confused as the man below

(1) (Reply)

D’banj Finally Removed From The List Of Artistes Signed Under Good Music / When You Fasted During Sallah & Wants To Eat Every Food You Missed / “i’m Very Flexible With My Bum Of Course, I Use It Very Well.”didi Ekanem

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.