Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,188,881 members, 7,935,778 topics. Date: Friday, 30 August 2024 at 03:39 PM

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) - Foreign Affairs (1087) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) (6467745 Views)

Am I The Only One Whos Tired Of This Kenya Is Ahead Thread / Femi Adesina: "I Don't Lie, No Matter What"; Nigerians React / Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1084) (1085) (1086) (1087) (1088) (1089) (1090) ... (9933) (Go Down)

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by genieluv(f): 9:02am On Jun 13, 2017
mtis:

the ladies look nice..i wouldnt say much for the guy coz am one of them grin grin

Lol cheesy, is there anything wrong if a guy admires/complements the style/looks of another guy? grin Ladies admire n complement each other.

It's such a poor world you men have created for yourselves if you ask me cry
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by 9jakool: 9:06am On Jun 13, 2017
NairobiWalker:

Nairobi is a planned city. Slums take up 6% of the total land while good housing takes the rest. Nigerian cities seem all effd up with slums taking up as high as 90% of the total area. See Majengo slum below that your friends keep talking about and compare it with 'normal' housing in Ibadan and Abeokuta. No difference. The only difference is 90% of Ibadan looks like that while only 6% of Nairobi looks like that.

First photo Majengo
Second photo Ibadan
That picture of Ibadan looks better than Majengo honestly speaking.
If you look closely at that building, you can see that it has a relatively sound structural foundation. That house is two storey tall meaning that whoever built it how many decades ago was financially well of relatively speaking. In Ibadan, houses that are very old are built and rented out by wealthy traders or farmers who are the landowners. Many of the old houses come into disrepair and mismanagement due to decades of neglect, the original landlord dying, and the decline in agriculture following oil. Even with the very poor condition that house is in, I can closely analyze the structural/architectural components.

Architectural style is likely of 18th-20th century Nigerian modern colonial. That house in that particular picture is connected to the electric grid. It has a balcony in the base and top levels. The front of the house is supported by four concrete columns. The balcony is closed off by an intricately designed closure. The windows are wooden like many in Ibadan although there are many old houses with glass windows lined with wooden frames. The windows of the house has what looks like a carved top wooden frame or awning. The roof is tin roof which in the day carried a prestige as a sign of wealth. The roofing sheets have become corrugated over the years. Even the corrugated roofing sheets are placed in a more organized manner than that of Majengo.

Also, Majengo is more crowded when compared Ibadan. Slums often result because poor people aren't able to compete in the property markets of a city so people would rather build makeshift houses on very small pieces of land. When you say Narobi is 6% slum, you also have to consider that the same source says 60% of the population live in that 6%. Why is this? The answer is land ownership. Rich/Wealthier people can afford to own more land, dirt poor people can't afford land so they are pushed to a very extreme limit. Since you compared the whole of Ibadan as slum to Majengo slum, I'll take you up on that. the population density figures for Majengo is a whopping 55,323 per square km which is no where near the population density of Ibadan at just around 985 per square km. I also heard of the high rate of HIV and prostitution in Majengo.

See, if I was a dirt poor slum dweller, I won't start off by buying a piece of land and then building a two storey tall house with columns and balcony and even have the time to incorporate artistic features into my house. If I were a dirt poor slum dweller, I would focus on obtaining a very small piece of "illegal" land to set up an improvised shelter made from recycled materials that would simply protect me from the elements.
Majengo is a shantytown within a city, Ibadan is a city with a lot of degraded infrastructure. Both have their problems, but their problems are on different scales.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by obaaderemi: 9:06am On Jun 13, 2017
genieluv:

You can see that no matter how terrible those Ibadan houses look, they are appartment-styled houses which were laid with a foundation n design. There are just very old houses.
Kenyan slums were built to be slums from the onset.
Most of Kenyan slums r built with iron roofing sheet, metal scraps, no design, no plan, no foundation, no nothing.

Holly! Can u compare those Ibadan poor n ugliest areas with these pictures of Mathare below?

***Even a blind person can see the difference***
His combative nature has blinded him .Kibera is built on rubbish.They never accept those slums are an anomaly.But on the other hand,something has to be done about the old sections of Ibadan.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by genieluv(f): 9:08am On Jun 13, 2017
mtis:

Then how comes you guys yap that Kenyas dont have stuff like that..i can tell that in our social traditional gathering we also wear ours an they are cool grin

Kk. I would love to see what Kikuyu, Luo n Kalenjin attires look like shocked. Pls show me !
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by obaaderemi: 9:12am On Jun 13, 2017
genieluv:

Lol cheesy, is there anything wrong if a guy admires/complements the style/looks of another guy? grin Ladies admire n complement each other.

It's such a poor world you men have created for yourselves if you ask me cry
I think you are right.I hardly look at another guy in the street beyond their footwears(I am a shoe freak)But why should I look at another man when there is so much ladies' endowments to oggle at?
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 9:14am On Jun 13, 2017
mtis:

why was your attitude negative towards Kenya sir if i may ask
It's mostly because of athletics rivalry and some rumors I heard about you guys hate us because some Ethiopians didn't consider themselves black.

Now I realized you guys don't have that much negative attitude towards us like I imagined.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by genieluv(f): 9:17am On Jun 13, 2017
obaaderemi:
His combative nature has blinded him .Kibera is built on rubbish.They never accept those slums are an anomaly.But on the other hand,something has to be done about the old sections of Ibadan.

Holly True.

>>>Your name sounds yoruba. So i think u guys r in a better position to renovate Ibadan smiley

Hausa-fulanis are remodelling, renovating n restructuring their old houses/city sections.
I see no reason why yorubas shouldn't theirs smiley

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by obaaderemi: 9:21am On Jun 13, 2017
genieluv:

Holly True.

>>>Your name sounds yoruba. So i think u guys r in a better position to renovate Ibadan smiley

Hausa-fulanis are remodelling, renovating n restructuring their old houses/city sections.
Useful suggestion.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 9:26am On Jun 13, 2017
genieluv:

Holly True.

would i be correct to say that the last two pictures are what we call Informal settlements aka slums or is this a kind of design you guys have
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 9:31am On Jun 13, 2017
mtis:

would i be correct to say that the last two pictures are what we call Informal settlements aka slums or is this a kind of design you guys have
shut the fvck off........ no more slums, and who are u to call a settlement slum?
do u even know what a slum really mean, cos that yeye walker-man doesn't.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 9:34am On Jun 13, 2017
shervydman:

shut the fvck off........ no more slums, and who are u to call a settlement slum?
do u even know what a slum really mean, cos that yeye walker-man doesn't.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 9:35am On Jun 13, 2017
mtis:

cool ur temper......man, its alright.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by NairobiWalker(m): 9:42am On Jun 13, 2017
TayserMahiri:
I gotta spoil Ya'll with The Koroga cheesy

Now those are real life photos of everyday Kenyans. Unlike those studio images nowenuse posts and calls real life photos of Nigerians.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by genieluv(f): 9:48am On Jun 13, 2017
mtis:

Holly Noo, those are old sections of Kano city. Some of those houses r over a hundred years old (pre colonial settlements).

>>>>See their before (pre-colonial) n after pics smiley

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by genieluv(f): 10:26am On Jun 13, 2017
NairobiWalker:

Now those are real life photos of everyday Kenyans. Unlike those studio images nowenuse posts and calls real life photos of Nigerians.

Naaah, you r clearly mistaken bibi smiley many of the photos nowenuse n i post r not studio photos. Many r everyday selfies on phone n normal photography on occasions.

****Can u call these studio photos?

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by obaaderemi: 10:30am On Jun 13, 2017
genieluv:

Naaah, you r clearly mistaken bibi smiley many of the photos nowenuse n i post r not studio photos. Many r everyday selfies on phone n normal photography on occasions.

****Can u call these studio photos?
Babe,you are wasting your time.Everyone knows that guy here.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 10:51am On Jun 13, 2017
Omoluabi16:
Up till this second, I used to think Ethiopia was in southern africa oh. na wa.
lol really lipsrsealed
But, what matters is you have learned. wink
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by freshest4live: 11:17am On Jun 13, 2017
https://www.google.de/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://m.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3D0yFoTlPVm5Y&ved=0ahUKEwjC_rXKy7rUAhUMaVAKHX0sDuQQtwIIWzAL&usg=AFQjCNFol6wiL-sKpuiRXESktpouuq3wxQ
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by NairobiWalker(m): 12:06pm On Jun 13, 2017
genieluv:

Daaaax My first time seeing Kenyans in group selfies. Cooool i mus say smiley
Seems like u guys don't do group selfies as much as Nigerians? Do u?
Is this festival an annual one? What is the significance n who are the organizers?

Lol, Kenyans are addicted to group selfies. How are you supposed to see their group selfies when you're in Nigeria? Add Kenyans on Facebook and follow them on Instagram and you'll see how much they love group selfies.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by NairobiWalker(m): 12:16pm On Jun 13, 2017
genieluv:

Holly This is a very ridiculous statement!
How did you know that 90% of Ibadan looks like this? What are your proofs?
The only full blown slum in Nigeria is Makoko, no matter how hard you try dude. lol

Google maps proves that. Most of the cities in Ogun, Oyo and areas around Lagos are slums. .....and please, stop being ridiculous. Makoko is the only slum in Nigeria? Lol, even your beloved Abuja has slums like the one below.

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 12:25pm On Jun 13, 2017
PissedYagami:

I believe Tanzania got more fertile land then you guys. But your land is waaaaaaaaaaaaay better than ours, almost 75% of our country is dessert/semi dessert. The remaining 25% is where people live, so we have very small land where people can farm

I thought Uganda had the most fertile land around here. Kenya is 80 % arid.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 12:27pm On Jun 13, 2017
Shaytun:

Your last statement.

I had no doubt your mind is twisted,
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 12:30pm On Jun 13, 2017
Hati13:

Is most of the farming you do through traditional or modern way?

You guys are very tall. There are also very tall people in Ethiopia like the Gambelas and Somalias. I'm sure I'm talking to a 2 meter friend right now. cool

Lol, Kenyans are not very tall on average. You just happen to see the sportsmen and women more who almost always are Nilotic
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 12:37pm On Jun 13, 2017
genieluv:

Daaaax My first time seeing Kenyans in group selfies. Cooool i mus say smiley
Seems like u guys don't do group selfies as much as Nigerians? Do u?
Is this festival an annual one? What is the significance n who are the organizers?

Your first time? Sometimes I just respond assuming you are honest. Kenyans probably do more group selfies than Nigerians percentage wise. We are party animals shocked We party more than the average nigerian because events here are so many. The Koroga festival is bi monthly meaning it happens every two months. This one is mainly a family event and takes two days of pure fun. I have posted similar before but I guess you werent around. Please go to page 800
https://www.nairaland.com/3327789/kenya-ahead-nigeria-all-aspect/800
and follow the next few pages. We have many such events here, some happening deep in the wild.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 12:39pm On Jun 13, 2017
PissedYagami:

Funny how I have never seen Indians and whites mix at any event

I dont usually see Indians partying much.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 12:43pm On Jun 13, 2017
genieluv:

Holly Even most Nigerians do not wear the bogus cultural attires walking on the streets. We wear them to social/formal gatherings alone mostly.
We haven't also promoted these attires as such to foreigners. We r gradually doing that smiley

A guy named Nowenuse told us you wear those garbs all the time. So who is telling the truth
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 12:45pm On Jun 13, 2017
shervydman:

LETS FORGET ABOUT SLUMS.............

Some people just love the slums, maybe they live there
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 12:47pm On Jun 13, 2017
obaaderemi:

I havent encountered a Kenyan who denies slums are an anomaly.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 12:51pm On Jun 13, 2017
Hati13:

It's mostly because of athletics rivalry and some rumors I heard about you guys hate us because some Ethiopians didn't consider themselves black.

Now I realized you guys don't have that much negative attitude towards us like I imagined.

Actually wenedem the negative sentiments about Ethiopia used to stem from the fact that most people associated Ethiopia's isolation as a sign you guys were disassociating from black Africa. Most Kenyans back in the days didnt know Ethiopian authorities were so hard on freedoms. The attitudes have changed over the last decade because Kenyans understand the reality of the struggles of the everyday Ethiopians.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 12:51pm On Jun 13, 2017
TayserMahiri:

Lol, Kenyans are not very tall on average. You just happen to see the sportsmen and women more who almost always are Nilotic
Lesson learned wink
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nowenuse: 12:52pm On Jun 13, 2017
NairobiWalker:

Mischief. Are these studio photos?
Is my profile pic a studio photo? grin

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 12:53pm On Jun 13, 2017
NairobiWalker:

Thats the every day kenyan you'll meet on the streets, not selected images.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1084) (1085) (1086) (1087) (1088) (1089) (1090) ... (9933)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.