Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,036 members, 7,915,995 topics. Date: Friday, 09 August 2024 at 01:37 PM

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) - Foreign Affairs (1095) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) (6411336 Views)

Am I The Only One Whos Tired Of This Kenya Is Ahead Thread / Femi Adesina: "I Don't Lie, No Matter What"; Nigerians React / Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1092) (1093) (1094) (1095) (1096) (1097) (1098) ... (9933) (Go Down)

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 10:32pm On Jun 13, 2017
uzzyfire:
see question oo

Do you know what triggered that question mumu?
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 10:35pm On Jun 13, 2017
TayserMahiri:

Inafaa upewe hio fala udeal nayo cheesy

Anajileta mwenyewe kichinjioni grin grin
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 10:36pm On Jun 13, 2017
Some more events in Kenya
Fisher's Camp Naivasha and The Great Rift Valley Festival

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 10:43pm On Jun 13, 2017
The Great Rift Valley Festival

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 10:43pm On Jun 13, 2017
Muafrika2:

Anajileta mwenyewe kichinjioni grin grin

Hajui we ni profesa grin
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Hbuyosh(m): 10:52pm On Jun 13, 2017
genieluv:

Holly I thot Kenyans were very fetish people

***Weird News with fetish tones like this below used to grace nairaland from Kenya. How can u explain?

https://www.nairaland.com/3858566/man-caught-another-mans-wife

Cmonnnn, Genie!
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 11:03pm On Jun 13, 2017
TayserMahiri:

Hajui we ni profesa grin
He he grin grin

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 11:13pm On Jun 13, 2017
Hbuyosh:

Cmonnnn, Genie!

I hadn't watched that video actually, I just watched it. Looks fake

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Isahalbash(m): 1:09am On Jun 14, 2017
TayserMahiri:

Do Hausa's live in that Bauchi state?

Hausas are indigenous in almost all northern states.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Isahalbash(m): 1:54am On Jun 14, 2017
Muafrika2:

42 tribes, not languages. Most tribes have several sub tribes which are languages in their own right.

Nigeria tribes r 250+... Kanuris for instance, hv many subgroups with slightly different dialect. I tink Nigeria languages r up to 1000.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by fanficgirl(f): 3:48am On Jun 14, 2017
TayserMahiri:

Right Wenedem, that sounds awesome.
Are you guys actually? That's lit!
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by fanficgirl(f): 3:50am On Jun 14, 2017
ednited:
WHO USES TELEGRAM?
I didn't know people still use telegram machines
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by fanficgirl(f): 3:51am On Jun 14, 2017
Hati13:

Good. WIFI speed is way better than cellular here.
I love my cellular speed and hate my WiFi
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by ArtanK(m): 3:52am On Jun 14, 2017
obaaderemi:
The name 'Somalia' was synonymous with fear.It used to depress me as a boy especially with the bloody legends of men like Farah Aidid.

That was at the height of the civil war and truthfully Gen Aideed was one of the finest Somali generals of recent times. It was sad to see him succumb to clannism and anarchy in the end.

By the grace of God, things are looking much better now with the new government in place and a lot of the country has been cleared off terrorist fighters. I'm optimistic for the future because when you hit rock bottom, the only way is up. No one thought Rwanda, Angola or Mozambique would recover from the wars, but today those countries are some of the most promising countries on the continent, especially the former two.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by fanficgirl(f): 3:53am On Jun 14, 2017
BORNTOSUCKPUSSY:
Na wa ooo weytin una dey talk for here wey don mke am cross 1k undecided tonyebarcanista congrats ur thread don cross 1k
Abi grin grin all of us sure have time
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by fanficgirl(f): 3:54am On Jun 14, 2017
[quote author=TayserMahiri post=57489391]

I've tried to search for Ethiopia but cant find it[/quote
I remember reading Somalia is really working on affordable internet
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by fanficgirl(f): 3:54am On Jun 14, 2017
9jakool:

Of course! cool

The carrying of the bride

The yams

The attire

And don't forget the traditional musicians
[img]https://ajalayemi.files./2014/02/yoruba-people-culture.jpg[/img]

I second this
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by fanficgirl(f): 3:56am On Jun 14, 2017
Isahalbash:

The most important part... D big cow meat and plenty rice, amala, fufu and eba. Any party Wey food node involve I node go even if Na my weddinggrin
The amala here is black angry but you are correct. No food I'm not coming.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by fanficgirl(f): 4:01am On Jun 14, 2017
ArtanK:

That was at the height of the civil war and truthfully Gen Aideed was one of the finest Somali generals of recent times. It was sad to see him succumb to clannism and anarchy in the end.

By the grace of God, things are looking much better now with the new government in place and a lot of the country has been cleared off terrorist fighters. I'm optimistic for the future because when you hit rock bottom, the only way is up. No one thought Rwanda, Angola or Mozambique would recover from the wars, but today those countries are some of the most promising countries on the continent, especially the former two.
Angola and Mozambique aren't what I would call promising...but I believe Somalia will get better!

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by 9jakool: 4:47am On Jun 14, 2017
TayserMahiri:

Do Hausa's live in that Bauchi state?
Yes, but they are not they are not the majority. Bauchi is made up of dozens of ethnic groups and none is a majority, so all the ethnic groups are essentially minorities in Bauchi.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by 9jakool: 4:48am On Jun 14, 2017
Muafrika2:

42 tribes, not languages. Most tribes have several sub tribes which are languages in their own right.

If I use ethnologue's classification, then there are 68 languages.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by 9jakool: 4:51am On Jun 14, 2017
Isahalbash:

The most important part... D big cow meat and plenty rice, amala, fufu and eba. Any party Wey food node involve I node go even if Na my weddinggrin
How could I forget the food lol.
Iyan, jollof, fish...
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by ArtanK(m): 5:04am On Jun 14, 2017
fanficgirl:

Angola and Mozambique aren't what I would call promising...but I believe Somalia will get better!

Angola is definitely promising. Sure they've got issues with unemployment and widespread poverty, but the country is still working hard on improving infrastructure and other vital societal needs. As for Mozambique I'd say we should have patience. There's a reason why the Portuguese are moving from Portugal to Mozambique nowadays.

Btw when I said the former two, I meant Rwanda and Angola.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by NairobiWalker(m): 5:06am On Jun 14, 2017
TayserMahiri:

Nilitoka last year mimi, Stats & Actuarial Science.
Wazi....msee wa Mao naona.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by NairobiWalker(m): 5:06am On Jun 14, 2017
ednited:
WHO USES TELEGRAM?
Me
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by 9jakool: 5:08am On Jun 14, 2017
Hati13:

Beautiful; especially the clothing.
The men's clothing is known as agbada, which is the big jacket/tunic worn over the buba (the shirt) and with the sokoto(trouser) on the bottom. Women also wear buba on top (the shirt) and tie the iro (wrapper) on the bottom. The piece of clothing placed on the women's shoulder is known as ipele (sash). The hat won by men is known as fila(hat) with many variants of the hat like the abeti aja, tinko, gobi etc. There are a lot of clothing styles, these are just the few. In weddings the relatives of the husband wear similar wear/patterns (aso ebi) and the wife's relatives have wear their own style/patterns.

Those clothing up there actually have history that goes back over a millennium ago. Centuries ago during the Oyo empire, the agbada was worn by royalty, the nobility or by commoners on special occasions. The name of the fabric used to weave the clothing is called aso oke meaning top attire. Aso oke is a very old pure cotton fabric that is made from spun cotton threads that are died and weaved on a loom. In most societies, the women usually do the weaving, however in Yoruba culture, the men traditionally weave aso oke.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by 9jakool: 5:08am On Jun 14, 2017
fanficgirl:

I second this
There is no wedding like naija.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by 9jakool: 5:13am On Jun 14, 2017
fanficgirl:

The amala here is black angry but you are correct. No food I'm not coming.
That's just impossible. I've never seen a naija party without food. How are you going to have a wedding and there be no food?grin
Amala is fine just saying.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by NairobiWalker(m): 5:14am On Jun 14, 2017
TayserMahiri:

eey msee, nimemcheki cheesy ufisi nayo
Haha..... ng'ang'ana msee.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by NairobiWalker(m): 5:20am On Jun 14, 2017
Hati13:

Again very beautiful. Love to visit Mombasa.

Ethiopians love Mombasa BTW. They might overtake Uganda as the largest African tourists visiting Mombasa.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by fanficgirl(f): 5:41am On Jun 14, 2017
9jakool:

That's just impossible. I've never seen a naija party without food. How are you going to have a wedding and there be no food?grin
Amala is fine just saying.
I meant the amala here in the US is black lol.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by 9jakool: 5:44am On Jun 14, 2017
fanficgirl:

I meant the amala here in the US is black lol.
What's the difference between Nigeria's and America's?

(1) (2) (3) ... (1092) (1093) (1094) (1095) (1096) (1097) (1098) ... (9933)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.