Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,927 members, 7,872,982 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 06:03 AM

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) - Foreign Affairs (1098) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) (6305631 Views)

Am I The Only One Whos Tired Of This Kenya Is Ahead Thread / Femi Adesina: "I Don't Lie, No Matter What"; Nigerians React / Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1095) (1096) (1097) (1098) (1099) (1100) (1101) ... (9933) (Go Down)

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by PissedYagami(m): 8:21pm On Jun 14, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:
cc : muafrika2 cool
So we have faster internet than the US? Someone give me a link to AMerican forums, I need to troll them
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 8:21pm On Jun 14, 2017
To my wenedem(Brother)NairobiWalker

melkam ldet emegnlhalew!(I wish you a happy birthday!) cheesy

Thanks for the Cake and drink. You've filled my stomach lol wink
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by PissedYagami(m): 8:23pm On Jun 14, 2017
ednited:
Guys, check out world's top 10 most welcoming countries voted!

Kenya and Ethiopia are in the list

https://www.roughguides.com/article/the-worlds-most-welcoming-countries-as-voted-by-you/
Ethiopia is on top of the list smiley
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by ednited(f): 8:24pm On Jun 14, 2017
PissedYagami:
yea, three East African countries on the list grin
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by PissedYagami(m): 8:25pm On Jun 14, 2017
Perception is not everything. In my mind, I always thought Kenya is another underdeveloped war torn African country reeling in regional and internal pressure. The country has been getting too much sympathy from the West and East as they try to prop it up from its yesteryear woes.

Remember this is the same city which the world nicknamed Nairobbery for serious persistent crimes and day light robbery before.

I was not too excited about visiting Nairobi as I honestly felt Harare could be better. The whole journey towards the Huawei Safe City, I was just looking forward to another African country struggling with terrorism bombings and recently established government.

Landing at the Nairobi international airport did not quickly give a new perspective .Yes the airport is bigger than Harare International but the standards were not really stunning which was unimpressive.

Lo and behold, as we slowly drove from the airport into the city there was massive congestion that almost resembled my Experience in Beijing. Nairobi quickly moved from an African typical city. I had an instant shift to undeniable reality. Was I still in an African country or hypnotised to another continent?
http://www.technomag.co.zw/2016/11/04/myexperienceinkenya-nairobi-10times-better-harare/#sthash.BKnQSeTP.9EM6rdPM.dpbs

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 8:29pm On Jun 14, 2017
PissedYagami:

He said a mixture of Nilotes and Semites, not Bantus, Bantus came to East Africa later.
Oh sorry for misreading it. So the answer is Cushites aren't mix of Semites and Nilotes. Semites are sister of Cushites. And like I said, Cushites have nothing to do with Nilotes. The ancestor of Cushites was Afro-Asiatic language speakers around 10,000 BC. Afro-Asiatic language back then was one language.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by KingEbukasBlog(m): 8:32pm On Jun 14, 2017
PissedYagami:

So we have faster internet than the US? Someone give me a link to AMerican forums, I need to troll them

Mobile Internet grin

Lol , calm down . Its just the US grin
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by ednited(f): 8:32pm On Jun 14, 2017
PissedYagami:

I had a South Sudanesse friend who've been to Nairobi and she told me that no one can rent their house with out having a wifi router in it. . .i just couldn't beleive it. How true is it?
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by PissedYagami(m): 8:33pm On Jun 14, 2017
Hati13:

Oh sorry for misreading it. So the answer is Cushites aren't mix of Semites and Nilotes. Semites are sister of Cushites. And like I said, Cushites have nothing to do with Nilotes. The ancestor of Cushites was Afro-Asiatic language speakers around 10,000 BC. Afro-Asiatic language back then was one language.
I am no human history expert smiley smiley
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by PissedYagami(m): 8:36pm On Jun 14, 2017
ednited:

I had a South Sudanesse friend who've been to Nairobi and she told me that no one can rent their house with out having a wifi router in it. . .i just couldn't beleive it. How true is it?
Depends I think, most rental houses have wifi these days. Its more of a basic need to the growing middle class population here. And its all over the country, I am not in Nairobi at the moment and I am using wifi

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by PissedYagami(m): 8:39pm On Jun 14, 2017
UPPER HILL SQUARE, proposed to be 290 metres, mixed use building. This is my favourite future project. Sexy building

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 8:40pm On Jun 14, 2017
ednited:
Guys, check out world's top 10 most welcoming countries voted!

Kenya and Ethiopia are in the list

https://www.roughguides.com/article/the-worlds-most-welcoming-countries-as-voted-by-you/

Might wanna watch this..Ethipoia is on steroids.
Ethiopia's $475m Trains Beat Nigeria's $12b Trains!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qd0K9TyHoao
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by ednited(f): 8:40pm On Jun 14, 2017
PissedYagami:

Depends I think, most rental houses have wifi these days. Its more of a basic need to the growing middle class population here. And its all over the country, I am not in Nairobi at the moment and I am using wifi

And I heard you guys lost 49 nations by a bldg collapse. The same thing happened last tym and you lost 50. what is ur goverment doing on the construction sector?
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by 9jakool: 8:40pm On Jun 14, 2017
TayserMahiri:

So Hausa happen to spread across several states. I read they are like 24 million in Nigeria alone.
There are probably around 30 million or more in Nigeria. Even with this there is over 180 million people in Nigeria, so there are other large ethnic groups. Hausa are traders so they travel in Nigeria as well as across West Africa to trade. The Hausa language spread as a trade language. They form the majority or the largest ethnic groups in some states, those states is where they are native.

There is a phenomenon that exist in many places in Nigeria, called indigene vs settler. In plateau state for instance, Hausas aren't native and in fact the few that settled in places like Jos are a small minority, however the Hausa language is widely spoken as a second or third language even though the state itself doesn't have native Hausa people and they are a minority.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by ednited(f): 8:42pm On Jun 14, 2017
mtis:

Might wanna watch this..Ethipoia is on steroids. Ethiopia's $475m Trains Beat Nigeria's $12b Trains!

HOW THO undecided
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by MtuMsuper: 8:42pm On Jun 14, 2017
ednited:

very true in many parts of Nairobi. I was in eldoret city not too long ago and they also have lots of broadband customers. Same for Kisumu and Mombasa. An above average middle class family has broadband at just above 10$ per month. Can you get that in Juba?
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by PissedYagami(m): 8:42pm On Jun 14, 2017
ednited:

And I heard you guys lost 49 nations by a bldg collapse. The same thing happened last tym and you lost 50. what is ur goverment doing on the construction sector?
sad what collapsed?
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by 9jakool: 8:42pm On Jun 14, 2017
Hati13:

Thanks
my pleasure wenedem!

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by ednited(f): 8:45pm On Jun 14, 2017
PissedYagami:
sad what collapsed?
a building made illegally
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by 9jakool: 8:45pm On Jun 14, 2017
ednited:

HOW THO undecided
Nigeria's rail project goes across the country. The light rail in Ethiopia that he was refrencng was Addis.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by ednited(f): 8:46pm On Jun 14, 2017
MtuMsuper:

very true in many parts of Nairobi. I was in eldoret city not too long ago and they also have lots of broadband customers. Same for Kisumu and Mombasa. An above average middle class family has broadband at just above 10$ per month. Can you get that in Juba?

I don't know
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by PissedYagami(m): 8:46pm On Jun 14, 2017
ednited:

Just 2 dead, not 49. 15 are missing though. That is the work of the county government I guess, not the national government
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 8:46pm On Jun 14, 2017
ednited:

HOW THO undecided
i dont get you
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 8:47pm On Jun 14, 2017
mtis:

Might wanna watch this..Ethipoia is on steroids.
Ethiopia's $475m Trains Beat Nigeria's $12b Trains!

why are u bringing up something out of misconception?
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by MtuMsuper: 8:48pm On Jun 14, 2017
ednited:

I don't know
definitely not!! Wifi is also free in some public transports

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by ednited(f): 8:50pm On Jun 14, 2017
PissedYagami:

Just 2 dead, not 49. 15 are missing though. That is the work of the county government I guess, not the national government

our national Tv just reported 49 dead.
SMH . . .ayyyy EBC!!!
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 8:50pm On Jun 14, 2017
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by PissedYagami(m): 8:51pm On Jun 14, 2017
Shervydman. Heard this is your light rail . Dont know hoe true it is.

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by ednited(f): 8:51pm On Jun 14, 2017
9jakool:

Nigeria's rail project goes across the country. The light rail in Ethiopia that he was refrencng was Addis.

Then how come ours become better?
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 8:52pm On Jun 14, 2017
shervydman:

why are u bringing up something out of misconception?
you got admit their trains are awesome for that kind of money an aslo your minister guy ( i dont know ) is kind of confused
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 8:52pm On Jun 14, 2017
PissedYagami:
Shervydman. Heard this is your light rail . Dont know hoe true it is.

does it look like a light rail to u?
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by PissedYagami(m): 8:52pm On Jun 14, 2017
ednited:

our national Tv just reported 49 dead.
SMH . . .ayyyy EBC!!!
Lol grin grin grin, that is wrong. Google it and see

(1) (2) (3) ... (1095) (1096) (1097) (1098) (1099) (1100) (1101) ... (9933)

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.