Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,391 members, 7,881,415 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 07:00 PM

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) - Foreign Affairs (1234) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) (6327642 Views)

Am I The Only One Whos Tired Of This Kenya Is Ahead Thread / Femi Adesina: "I Don't Lie, No Matter What"; Nigerians React / Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1231) (1232) (1233) (1234) (1235) (1236) (1237) ... (9933) (Go Down)

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Shaytun: 11:37am On Jun 27, 2017
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Shaytun: 11:38am On Jun 27, 2017
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Shaytun: 11:40am On Jun 27, 2017
mtis:

so ya average is worse than somali grin grin

And considering your small population ya average is not much higher than that of somalia.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 11:41am On Jun 27, 2017
Shaytun:
How Nigeria defeated Ebola.

https://qz.com/278819/talking-to-the-doctor-who-helped-stop-ebola-in-nigeria/
its not like the Nigerians were doing it alone

" About 170 Kenyan health workers are set to leave for Sierra Leone and Liberia on Friday as part of the African Union (AU) mission to contain Ebola in West Africa.

The volunteer health workers, drawn across the 47 counties, will be in West Africa for six months. "
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Shaytun: 11:42am On Jun 27, 2017
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Shaytun: 11:43am On Jun 27, 2017
mtis:

its not like the Nigerians were doing it alone

" About 170 Kenyan health workers are set to leave for Sierra Leone and Liberia on Friday as part of the African Union (AU) mission to contain Ebola in West Africa.

The volunteer health workers, drawn across the 47 counties, will be in West Africa for six months. "

Are you Naturally blind?

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 11:44am On Jun 27, 2017
Shaytun:

And considering your small population ya average is not much higher than that of somalia.
man stick to ya level which is less than Somali please.. grin
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Shaytun: 11:44am On Jun 27, 2017
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 11:46am On Jun 27, 2017
Shaytun:

Are you Naturally blind?

Yes the time Nigeria had Ebola we Kenyans were also helping other West African Countries..
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by ednited(f): 11:48am On Jun 27, 2017
Shaytun:

US sends medical experts to study how Nigeria tamed Ebola

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/10/us-sends-medical-experts-study-nigeria-tamed-ebola/

Back then,
Ethiopian Airlines was flying to Nigeria. Even when there was Ebola. Many people opposed the Airlines but still everything went good
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Shaytun: 11:49am On Jun 27, 2017
mtis:
man stick to ya level which is less than Somali please.. grin
It is a pity.
Somalia at war is almost better than kenya at peace.
Very pitifull.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 11:50am On Jun 27, 2017
ednited:

Back then,
Ethiopian Airlines was flying to Nigeria. Even when there was Ebola. Many people opposed the Airlines but still everything went good
even here same thing happened ...
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by freshest4live: 11:51am On Jun 27, 2017
chkil0:

nigeria 52,75 years
somalia 55,36 years
kenya 61,58 years
Algeria ( the longuest in africa) 75,6 years
See Nigeria is the foremost third world country with by far the largest population, so it's not a surprise to have these statistics that have to do with the human index on average. But when you take average for Somalia, or Kenya, it's a different context, separate from taking average for Nigeria, it doesn't mean Nigeria is now a war torn poverty stricken country worse than somalia.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Shaytun: 11:52am On Jun 27, 2017
ednited:

Back then,

True Africanism.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Shaytun: 11:55am On Jun 27, 2017
freshest4live:

See Nigeria is the foremost third world country with by far the largest population, so it's not a surprise to have these statistics that have to do with the human index on average. But when you take average for Somalia, or Kenya, it's a different context for taking average for Nigeria, it doesn't mean Nigeria is now a war torn poverty stricken country worse than somalia.

Considering the facts that both Nigeria and Somalia are both fighting an unconventional war and yet kenya average is not much higher than them is mind blogging.

Very pitifull.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by PissedYagami(m): 11:55am On Jun 27, 2017
Talks about Nigeria at some point, and partly about other African countries a bit. About future clean energy and stuff. I am surprised that the whole of Sub Sahara Africa consumes less electricity than the state of Alabama

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CiQ874ZuIno?t=546
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 11:56am On Jun 27, 2017
Shaytun:

It is a pity.

Somalia at war is almost better than kenya at peace.

Very pitifull.

Do you know how to count or ya just stupid..look at the numbers ..kenyans on Average live more than Nigerians an somalis..But the crazy part is where somalis are better than you guys..
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 11:57am On Jun 27, 2017
ednited:

I know Mengistu as just a dictator, same goes to you. This result came because of our govt. They been announcing his bad governance and covering his greatest contribution to the country. And am soooo against this.

Let them not talk about him at all or let them let us know the whole chapter.

I AM SOOO AGAINST WHAT THEY ARE DOING RIGHT NOW. THEY ARE SPOILING THE MIND OF THE NEW GENERATION IN MANY WAYS.

BETTER SAVE THE GENERATION RATHER THAN

THE SO CALLED MONEY, ECONOMY AND STUFFS LIKE THAT

ECONOMY IS MAKING AFRICA BLIND.

Definitely right ehet Ednited.
- al most always talking bad about past regimes
- always saying "Ethiopia economy is annually growing by double digit numbers" and use this to cover their atrocities. angry

It's a fact that the end for those racist TPLFs and TPLFinized Amharas, Oromos and others will not be pretty. I hate the Amharas and others who sold their identities and are collaborating with TPLFs more than the TPLFs themselves. angry

Have you compared the pre TPLF and post TPLF Amhara size? It's very sad seeing the map, because most of the fertile lands has been looted by Tigrays, Benishangul-Gumzas, Oromos, Afars and even by Sudan. It's unacceptable map. angry

Ethiopia will not come to it's part glories when those cancer Tigrays are living in Ethiopia. Either all of them must be eradicated or let them to seceded from Ethiopia and portion the land they looted and only let them to live in the dry rocky mountains. grin

I know you are "Ethiopia First", but we need first to fight for Ethiopia owner Amharas. I've officially joined the struggle from this day on. wink

Have felt disgusted by the current TPLF created Ethiopia Flag? I'm sure you do. It's a TPLF propaganda to make us believe their is democracy and peace in Ethiopia. angry

Ednited, we must bring back the real and beautiful Ethiopia flag back! This will help us to re establish a greater Bete Amhara. cool
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Shaytun: 12:00pm On Jun 27, 2017
NAIJA i hail theee

Indian writer and human rights activist Arundathi Roy once said, "there is no such thing as the voiceless, only the deliberately silenced or the preferably unheard". Indeed, narratives about African ingenuity, African agency, and African heroism in the age of Ebola have been preferably unheard. As an African proverb aptly puts it: "Until the lion learns to write, tales of the hunt shall always glorify the hunter."

Most recently Nigeria positioned itself as a lion that completely unsettled the narrative around Ebola and the white saviour complex. As the regional West African hegemon and Africa's fastest growing economy, Nigeria contained Ebola in three months without foreign intervention.

While the US has been scrambling to address the few cases of Ebola on its shores with a series of policy missteps, Nigeria showed that it could be done by an African country on its own terms.

With 31 percent of overall healthcare spending accounted for by the federal government in 2012 alone, Nigeria used infrastructure and systems already in place to fight polio, to contain Ebola. Institutions such as the Nigerian Center for Disease Control, the Nigerian Field Epidemiology Training Program, and the Lagos State Ministry of Health responded quickly by quarantining and treating suspected Ebola patients, tracing the contacts of those infected, and launching a massive public awareness campaign about how to avoid further transmission of the virus. With more doctors than Guinea, Liberia, and Sierra Leone combined, Nigeria also galvanised the support of healthcare workers who had previously been on strike.

Beyond Nigeria's technical expertise and rapid response, equally important is the country's unique brand of superiority that fundamentally challenges the white saviour complex.

Quite naturally, detractors attempted to undermine Nigeria's success. When the World Health Organization (WHO) declared the country Ebola-free a few weeks ago, the fanfare around this feat was short-lived. I even sensed some unspoken incredulity. Folks were quick to react that Nigeria wasn't completely out of the woods yet, that there could be a resurgence of Ebola .

Local, not international efforts
Some narratives erroneously attributed Nigeria's success to the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, the WHO, and the US Centers for Disease Control (CDC). Yet, Nigerian novelist Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie responded with a sharp smack-down of this "lie". She openly criticised The Washington Post and The New York Times for deliberating concealing the fact that local, not international efforts, had contained Ebola. For instance, it was a Nigerian woman, Dr Ameyo Adadevoh, who insisted on isolating the country's first Ebola patient before eventually succumbing to the virus herself .

Less incredulous individuals praised Nigeria, wondering why they weren't being consulted about the do's and don'ts of Ebola containment. Consultations with Nigerians were largely shirked to the side because they invalidated the white saviour complex.

One thing Ebola has exposed about the white saviour complex is that it is voracious and unapologetic. It simplifies complexity, appropriates ideas without crediting the source, upstages local efforts that preceded it, thrives on "I" statements, and soaks up media attention.

In her celebrated essay, "Can the subaltern speak?", Gayatri Spivak rails against the problematic narrative of "white men saving brown women from brown men". In actuality, no one has the capacity to "save" another human being. Believing that one can is the greatest form of self-delusion and narcissism.

Contrary to the dominant Ebola foreign intervention narrative, Liberians, Guineans, and Sierra Leoneans are not waiting around idle, eager to be rescued by white saviours. While we welcome genuine collaboration, we remain our own heroes and heroines. The fact that more than 200 local healthcare workers died from Ebola is a testament to that heroism. They risked their lives long before international actors woke up from their slumber.
No externally driven intervention narrative can change that fact, as Nigeria has proven. So, thank you, Nigeria, for completely exposing the white saviour complex for being a figment of western imagination. Like other psychological disorders, it must be treated with regular doses of reality, now and after Ebola.

Robtel Neajai Pailey is a Liberian academic, activist, and author based at SOAS, University of London.
The views expressed in this article are the author's own and do not necessarily reflect Al Jazeera's editorial policy.

http://www.aljazeera.com/indepth/opinion/2014/11/nigeria-ebola-myth-white-saviours-201411654947478.html
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 12:00pm On Jun 27, 2017
TOP 10 CAUSES OF DEATH KENYA

1. Influenza and Pneumonia
2. HIV/AIDS
3. Stroke Cerebrovascular Accident
4. Diarrhoeal diseases
5. Malnutrition
6. Coronary Heart Disease
7. Tuberculosis
8. Diabetes Mellitus
9. Prostate Cancer
10. Malaria

TOP 10 CAUSES OF DEATH in nigeria

1. Influenza and Pneumonia
2. HIV/AIDS
3. Stroke Cerebrovascular Accident
4. Coronary Heart Disease
5. Diarrhoeal diseases
6. Malaria
7. Diabetes Mellitus
8. Meningitis
9. Prostate Cancer
10. Liver Disease

TOP 10 CAUSES OF DEATH in Algeria

1. Stroke Cerebrovascular Accident
2. Coronary Heart Disease
3. Diabetes Mellitus
4. Hypertension
5. Influenza and Pneumonia
6. Kidney Disease
7. Endocrine Disorders
8. Tuberculosis
9. Road Traffic Accidents
10. Breast Cancer
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by ednited(f): 12:00pm On Jun 27, 2017
Shaytun:

True Africanism.

It's a great achivement that you guys controlled Ebola fast. But Nigeria need to work on the health section more. There is a huge difference between Ethiopia and Nigeria on this
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by freshest4live: 12:02pm On Jun 27, 2017
Hati13:

- always saying "Ethiopia economy is annually growing by double digit numbers" and use this to cover their atrocities. angry

It's a fact that the end for those racist TPLFs and TPLFinized Amharas, Oromos and others will not be pretty. I hate the Amharas and others who sold their identities and are collaborating with TPLFs more than the TPLFs themselves. angry

Have you compared the pre TPLF and post TPLF Amhara size? It's very sad seeing the map, because most of the fertile lands has been looted by Tigrays, Benishangul-Gumzas, Oromos, Afars and even by Sudan. It's unacceptable map. angry

Ethiopia will not come to it's part glories when those cancer Tigrays are living in Ethiopia. Either all of them must be eradicated or let them to seceded from Ethiopia and portion the land they looted and only let them to live in the dry rocky mountains. grin

I know you are "Ethiopia First", but we need first to fight for Ethiopia owner Amharas. I've officially joined the struggle from this day on. wink

Have felt disgusted by the current TPLF created Ethiopia Flag? I'm sure you do. It's a TPLF propaganda to make us believe their is democracy and peace in Ethiopia. angry

Ednited, we must bring back the real and beautiful Ethiopia flag back! This will help us to re establish a greater Bete Amhara. cool
In my opinion Ethiopia is a potential African and world powerhouse.
But let there be peace, if any group must secede, they should secede peacefully. I understand your pain, cos Ethiopia is also a large country, faced with the problems common with such developing countries with large population, but the potential is there.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Hbuyosh(m): 12:04pm On Jun 27, 2017
ednited:

On the outside, very impressive . . . .

I know that so many pipo in Ethiopia still live in abject poverty, I kniw that the EPRDF regime is quite repressive, but let us give them the credit where it is due.

Raising the country that was so utterly devastated is not sumthing that can be achieved thru a very short time. Ethiopia is a project u all need to work on.

If u fail again, all of us in this region will fail.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Shaytun: 12:07pm On Jun 27, 2017
ednited:

It's a great achivement that you guys controlled Ebola fast. But Nigeria need to work on the health section more. There is a huge difference between Ethiopia and Nigeria on this

Nigeria actually has one of the best healthcare sysytem in africa.

But many factors are on play here, which are but not limited to:

Religion.
Population.
Education.

E.g During a polio vaccination in some states in northern nigeria, people where actually refusing to be vaccinated because they believe it is unislamic.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by ednited(f): 12:09pm On Jun 27, 2017
Hati13:

Hati13, we have to do something. But you know, there is nothing wrong with our flag if what they say the flag stands for, is standing for. But the flag andh reality have no similarity. No equality

So, this flag isn't important

Economy, diplomacy, FDI, diplomacy, economy, FDI. . . .!!!!! Am tired of this!!!!!
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by freshest4live: 12:11pm On Jun 27, 2017
ednited:

Thanks ednited, l know very little about the Ethiopian health sector, please help highlight on some of these differences.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by ednited(f): 12:12pm On Jun 27, 2017
Hbuyosh:

I know that so many pipo in Ethiopia still live in abject poverty, I kniw that the EPRDF regime is quite repressive, but let us give them the credit where it is due.

Raising the country that was so utterly devastated is not sumthing that can be achieved thru a very short time. Ethiopia is a project u all need to work on.

If u fail again, all of us in this region will fail.

They are saving the economy with the investment and killing the ppl with genocide soon. What an ugly game
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Shaytun: 12:13pm On Jun 27, 2017
chkil0:
TOP 10 CAUSES OF DEATH KENYA
1. Influenza and Pneumonia 2. HIV/AIDS 3. Stroke Cerebrovascular Accident 4. Diarrhoeal diseases 5. Malnutrition 6. Coronary Heart Disease 7. Tuberculosis 8. Diabetes Mellitus 9. Prostate Cancer 10. Malaria
TOP 10 CAUSES OF DEATH in nigeria
1. Influenza and Pneumonia 2. HIV/AIDS 3. Stroke Cerebrovascular Accident 4. Coronary Heart Disease 5. Diarrhoeal diseases 6. Malaria 7. Diabetes Mellitus 8. Meningitis 9. Prostate Cancer 10. Liver Disease
TOP 10 CAUSES OF DEATH in Algeria
1. Stroke Cerebrovascular Accident 2. Coronary Heart Disease 3. Diabetes Mellitus 4. Hypertension 5. Influenza and Pneumonia 6. Kidney Disease 7. Endocrine Disorders 8. Tuberculosis 9. Road Traffic Accidents 10. Breast Cancer
Geographic location also comes into play.
Almost half of nigeria lies on the meningitis belts.

Almost half

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by ednited(f): 12:21pm On Jun 27, 2017
freshest4live:

Thanks ednited, l know very little about the Ethiopian health sector, please help highlight on some of these differences.

Okay,I am checking links
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by BedLam: 12:26pm On Jun 27, 2017
chkil0:

its a national average for each country wink ,
How do they get national average ? Don't show me pics. You calculate it and show me the average. And where did you get your data from ?
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by BedLam: 12:29pm On Jun 27, 2017
freshest4live:

In my opinion Ethiopia is a potential African and world powerhouse.
But let there be peace, if any group must secede, they should secede peacefully. I understand your pain, cos Ethiopia is also a large country, faced with the problems common with such developing countries with large population, but the potential is there.
world power house ? Who's smoking here ? Ethiopia can only be a regional power house.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Shaytun: 12:31pm On Jun 27, 2017
We run things.
We dont make mouth.
ACTIONS speak Louder than Word.

http://time.com/3971057/nigeria-polio-eradication/

(1) (2) (3) ... (1231) (1232) (1233) (1234) (1235) (1236) (1237) ... (9933)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.