Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,126 members, 7,887,256 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 04:48 AM

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) - Foreign Affairs (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) (6335668 Views)

Am I The Only One Whos Tired Of This Kenya Is Ahead Thread / Femi Adesina: "I Don't Lie, No Matter What"; Nigerians React / Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (9933) (Go Down)

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by NairobiWalker(m): 8:32am On Oct 12, 2016
naijalander:

I apologize for my earlier assertions and insults to the people of Kenya.

To be quite objective, my views about Nigeria being a sleeping giant remains.

Thank you.............

About the sleeping giant part, I could as well walk up to a European and tell them Africa is a sleeping giant. That doesn't make Africa in anyway dominant in the world.

4 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by NairobiWalker(m): 8:33am On Oct 12, 2016
naijalander:

Where in Lagos did you live? How long did you stay? did you visit every nook and cranny?? Why are you so ignorant??

https://www.nairaland.com/51356/nairobi-photos-kenya-beautiful-east/179
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by naijalander: 8:34am On Oct 12, 2016
Kenyanstar:

What does my argument prove?

Most Nigerians are over dependent on foreign based investors in the retail chain market and products outsourced from other countries. The Nigerian economy lacks value addition thus requiring direct foreign investments from outside. Most Nigerian consumers believe on products from outside Nigeria thus implying that local retailers are under investing or providing low consumer services making it a direct beneficial for retail chains out from Nigeria to rip billions from gullible Nigerians.
How can bananas from Ghana considering the scale of importation and local outsourcing this huge retailers would prefer to import from 5000km away or across the border products that can easily be found within Naija? Doesnt make sense et al.

This is a myth further propagated by the importation cabals, you can never understand Nigeria the way I do so give up ok!

I see green, do you not??

1 Share

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by naijalander: 8:36am On Oct 12, 2016
NairobiWalker:

Thank you.............

About the sleeping giant part, I could as well walk up to a European and tell them Africa is a sleeping giant. That doesn't make Africa in anyway dominant in the world.

oh please, the world depends on the corruption of our leaders.

Do you even realize how many countries in the sub sahara can be self sufficient if they had good leadership.

A sleeping giant that still manages to out do many sounds dominant to me.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by naijalander: 8:38am On Oct 12, 2016
NairobiWalker:

..........and how many stories do you hear of Lous remaining with their Kikuyu wives? Divorces happen everywhere buddy even within same ethnicities. You are getting pathetic.

Divorces based on tribal sentiment is more common in Kenya than in Nigeria. In fact I can't remember the last time a Yoruba dude left an Igbo girl cos she's Igbo, Luos seem to do that a lot due to family pressure and vice versa. See what Fidel Odinga did, GOD rest his soul.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by NairobiWalker(m): 8:38am On Oct 12, 2016
naijalander:

Oga did I tell you there is no ethnocentrism in Nigeria. Africa is rife with tribalism, that is the reality we have to deal with but yours in Kenya is on another level entirely. When was the last time the idiots in Western Kenyan peacefully demonstrated like this?? It would be stone throwing and shop looting instead. Get your facts right. Also look below for more recent photos on Nigeria, the page as an album of Kenya too.

https://www.facebook.com/184441788339741/photos/?tab=album&album_id=868867736563806

Those demonstrations don't involve carrying banners that ask other communities to leave their land. Again, somebody posted a photo of Nigerians throwing stones looting and burning stuff yet you rubbished it as a little thing. I guess it's only a big thing when it happens in Kenya. Your country is at the moment on the verge of breaking up along ethnic lines and you are here convincing us how peaceful you are and how less ethnocentric you are. pity.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by naijalander: 8:40am On Oct 12, 2016
NairobiWalker:

Those demonstrations don't involve carrying banners that ask other communities to leave their land. Again, somebody posted a photo of Nigerians throwing stones looting and burning stuff yet you rubbished it as a little thing. I guess it's only a big thing when it happens in Kenya. Your country is at the moment on the verge of breaking up along ethnic lines and you are here convincing us how peaceful you are and how less ethnocentric you are. pity.

Your entire outlook of Nigeria is based on what you read on Nairaland (which is the most tribalistic forum in Africa). Why won't you think Nigeria is on the verge of breaking up. Do you see any mainstream politician calling for Nigeria to break up??
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by NairobiWalker(m): 8:49am On Oct 12, 2016
naijalander:

This is a myth further propagated by the importation cabals, you can never understand Nigeria the way I do so give up ok!

I see green, do you not??

Can you compare THAT greenery with THIS greenery?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by NairobiWalker(m): 8:51am On Oct 12, 2016
naijalander:

Your entire outlook of Nigeria is based on what you read on Nairaland (which is the most tribalistic forum in Africa). Why won't you think Nigeria is on the verge of breaking up. Do you see any mainstream politician calling for Nigeria to break up??

Says somebody whose entire outlook of Kenya is based on a Luo guy divorcing his Kikuyu wife.

3 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by naijalander: 8:55am On Oct 12, 2016
NairobiWalker:

Says somebody whose entire outlook of Kenya is based on a Luo guy divorcing his Kikuyu wife.

No my outlook is based on 10 years residence in Kenya. The things I've seen.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by NairobiWalker(m): 8:55am On Oct 12, 2016
naijalander:

Divorces based on tribal sentiment is more common in Kenya than in Nigeria. In fact I can't remember the last time a Yoruba dude left an Igbo girl cos she's Igbo, Luos seem to do that a lot due to family pressure and vice versa. See what Fidel Odinga did, GOD rest his soul.

Did Fidel Odinga divorce his wife because she is Kikuyu? How many Kikuyus divorce fellow Kikuyus here? How many Luos divorce fellow Luos here? Dude, you you live in Kenya but still have no idea how interethnic marriages are common here. It is also interesting that you've focused so much on ethnicities of your hosts. Says a lot about your thinking and where you come from.

4 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by naijalander: 8:56am On Oct 12, 2016
NairobiWalker:

Can you compare THAT greenery with THIS greenery?

You do realize that SW Nigeria is dominated by thick rain forests right?? so it make no sense to compare the green to yours.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by naijalander: 8:57am On Oct 12, 2016
NairobiWalker:

Did Fidel Odinga divorce his wife because she is Kikuyu? How many Kikuyus divorce fellow Kikuyus here? How many Luos divorce fellow Luos here? Dude, you you live in Kenya but still have no idea how interethnic marriages are common here. It is also interesting that you've focused so much on ethnicities of your hosts. Says a lot about your thinking and where you come from.

Ok I apologize that was unnecessary but you know what I mean.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by NairobiWalker(m): 8:58am On Oct 12, 2016
naijalander:

You do realize that SW Nigeria is dominated by thick rain forests right?? so it make no sense to compare the green to yours.

Are we talking about cities and how they maintain their landscapes or thick forests in rural areas? DRC has 90% of Africa's Rainforests but Kinshasa is nowhere close to being as green as Nairobi. A Rainforest is a natural thing, city landscaping is dependent on people living in it and how they value trees and environment.

4 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Kenyanstar: 8:59am On Oct 12, 2016
naijalander:

So at least you accept that their is tribalism in and among Nigerians, Nairaland is a multi dynamic forum and just mirrors the Nigerian society. It reflects the social life of most of Nigerians and how they perceive each other.

3 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by naijalander: 9:00am On Oct 12, 2016
Kenyanstar:

So at least you accept that their is tribalism in and among Nigerians, Nairaland is a multi dynamic forum and just mirrors the Nigerian society. It reflects the social life of most of Nigerians and how they perceive each other.

This I can agree with.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by naijalander: 9:02am On Oct 12, 2016
NairobiWalker:

Are we talking about cities and how they maintain their landscapes or thick forests in rural areas? DRC has 90% of Africa's Rainforests but Kinshasa is nowhere close to being as green as Nairobi. A Rainforest is a natural thing, city landscaping is dependent on people living in it and how they value trees and environment.

Ok maybe Lagos is not as green as it used to be but the comparison to Nairobi green can still be made. Keep in mind the parks are coming down soon due to real estate development. There have been demonstrations in Nairobi recently to prevent this. It comes with urbanization, only shows Lagos is more urbanized than Nairobi.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by NairobiWalker(m): 9:03am On Oct 12, 2016
naijalander:

oh please, the world depends on the corruption of our leaders.

Do you even realize how many countries in the sub sahara can be self sufficient if they had good leadership.

A sleeping giant that still manages to out do many sounds dominant to me.

All of Africa underperfoms and that's something to be ashamed of not proud of. I wonder why you're forcing us to find Nigeria as an amazing special case.

4 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by NairobiWalker(m): 9:07am On Oct 12, 2016
naijalander:

Ok maybe Lagos is not as green as it used to be but the comparison to Nairobi green can still be made. Keep in mind the parks are coming down soon due to real estate development. There have been demonstrations in Nairobi recently to prevent this. It comes with urbanization, only shows Lagos is more urbanized than Nairobi.

It is not urbanization buddy, it is City planning. I wonder what you mean by "being more urbanized" - the most developed cities in the world all maintain greenery - look at Paris, Frankfurt, Johannesburg, Los Angeles (even though it's in a desert), Shanghai, Seoul etc. Stop making excuses when you're beaten hands down. Trees are good for a city and saying Lagos is too urbanized to have trees is outright retarded. Yes - unlike Nigerians, Kenyans fight to maintain greenery in their cities and even one Kenyan earned a Nobel Prize for that.

4 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by naijalander: 9:08am On Oct 12, 2016
NairobiWalker:

All of Africa underperfoms and that's something to be ashamed of not proud of. I wonder why you're forcing us to find Nigeria as an amazing special case.

Nigeria is an amazing special case because despite all the above mentioned frailty; bad health sector, poor infrastructure, political instability, corruption, unstable power grid, she still managed to outshine (not in all cases) countries with these things like Kenya et al. That is the sum total of my argument.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by naijalander: 9:09am On Oct 12, 2016
NairobiWalker:

It is not urbanization buddy, it is City planning. I wonder what you mean by "being more urbanized" - the most developed cities in the world all maintain greenery - look at Paris, Frankfurt, Johannesburg, Los Angeles (even though it's in a desert), Shanghai, Seoul etc. Stop making excuses when you're beaten hands down. Trees are good for a city and saying Lagos is too urbanized to have trees is outright retarded. Yes - unlike Nigerians, Kenyans fight to maintain greenery in their cities and even one Kenyan earned a Nobel Prize for that.

Yes Wangari Mathai and guess what, your politicians showed her very little respect until she died.

And Lagos does maintain a certain level of greenery with many parks. Muri Okunola Park, Abiola Gardens just to name a few. These are not excuses, they are facts.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Kenyanstar: 9:16am On Oct 12, 2016
This is the landscaping that is implied.... Where nature is embraced within and surrounding areas of the city. The more reason why Nairobi and Kenya is the only city in the world within its metropolis consisting of a national park and the best flora and fauna.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by NairobiWalker(m): 9:17am On Oct 12, 2016
naijalander:

No my outlook is based on 10 years residence in Kenya. The things I've seen.

I know you've lived in Kenya for long. Good for you. I have traveled to a number of African countries but never stayed for long, just a few days. One thing I noticed though, on arrival of a visitor - they normally have very positive views of their hosts. With time however, visitors tend to start looking down upon their hosts. I don't know why but it's something I have observed everywhere I travel. Even when the hosts' country is far much better than the visitors (Don't misunderstand me, I am in no way insinuating Kenya is better than Nigeria), the visitors somehow start looking down upon their hosts. I think it is mostly due to the fact that with time one gets to observe the weaknesses of their hosts and this breeds some contempt. It is normal for humans to notice the negatives more than the positives. Here in Kenya for example we host several people from our neighboring countries that are in complete shambles and shitty to say the least (the Sudanese and Somalis mostly). One thing I notice is at arrival, these guys are very positive and thankful of Kenyans but a few years later they become so viliful and will talk about their countries as some form of paradise while always talking about what is wrong with Kenya (tribalism, bad politics, poverty etc) despite the fact that their countries are a hundred times worse of.

I went to school with some Southern Sudanese and the way they talked about Kenya and compared it with SS you would think SS is some paradise. Same thing with Somalis (from Somalia, not Kenyan Somalis) whom I schooled with................and not just here in Kenya, it only takes a few years before Africans living in the US start looking down upon Black Americans.

5 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by NairobiWalker(m): 9:23am On Oct 12, 2016
naijalander:

Yes Wangari Mathai and guess what,[b] your politicians showed her very little respect [/b]until she died.

And Lagos does maintain a certain level of greenery with many parks. Muri Okunola Park, Abiola Gardens just to name a few. These are not excuses, they are facts.

Of cause our politicians are shitty just like your politicians in Nigeria. Anybody who opposes their greed and corruption can never be their favorite. But at least you've observed how we fight for our trees despite this. Can Lagosians demonstrate to have more trees in Lagos?

4 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by naijalander: 9:25am On Oct 12, 2016
NairobiWalker:

Of cause our politicians are shitty just like your politicians in Nigeria. Anybody who opposes their greed and corruption can never be their favorite. But at least you've observed how we fight for our trees despite this. Can Lagosians demonstrate to have more trees in Lagos?

YES. Many demonstrations like that do happen. Wecyclers is a start up championing recycling and the public office is flooded with green petitions. When driving along Ikeja, you see govt posters saying keep Lagos green.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 9:28am On Oct 12, 2016
naijalander:

dude you are not helping, let those defending do the work. If have nothing positive to add, keep quiet. Nigeria is a zoo we get it. Move on.
Lol,obviously you didn't know they've got this much on you/Nigeria. Keep it at Kenyans and South Africans. Good work. I'm off.

4 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Kenyanstar: 9:31am On Oct 12, 2016
naijalander:

Nigeria is an amazing special case because despite all the above mentioned frailty; bad health sector, poor infrastructure, political instability, corruption, unstable power grid, she still managed to outshine (not in all cases) countries with these things like Kenya et al. That is the sum total of my argument.

What have you managed to outshine in/on if you dont mind me asking?

3 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by LadyX(f): 9:38am On Oct 12, 2016
Kenyanstar:

Acha nicheke grin cheesy

To me, the most important thing is the quality of life led by ordinary citizens. And as far as am concerned, ordinary Kenyans live better lives than ordinary Nigerians.

So all the defence about 'the giant of Africa' which has now graduated to 'dormant giant ' or Lagos having greater GDP than the whole of Kenya doesn't matter.

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by naijalander: 9:39am On Oct 12, 2016
iSlayer2:

Lol,obviously you didn't know they've got this much on you/Nigeria. Keep it at Kenyans and South Africans. Good work. I'm off.

ode I live and work in Kenya.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Kenyanstar: 9:40am On Oct 12, 2016
This is Nakuru Town, the 3rd biggest town after Nairobi and Mombasa.... You can clearly see the landscaping behind each town where the greenery of each individual town is sacredly looked after. This is the reason why Kenya is considered beautifull.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by naijalander: 9:41am On Oct 12, 2016
Kenyanstar:

Nigeria is the most infouencial country in Africa outside of the continent. That sums it up.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 9:43am On Oct 12, 2016
[s]
naijalander:

ode I live and work in Kenya.
[/s] So what? Smh.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (9933)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.