Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,203 members, 7,963,960 topics. Date: Tuesday, 01 October 2024 at 11:36 PM

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) - Foreign Affairs (3035) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) (6522953 Views)

Am I The Only One Whos Tired Of This Kenya Is Ahead Thread / Femi Adesina: "I Don't Lie, No Matter What"; Nigerians React / Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3032) (3033) (3034) (3035) (3036) (3037) (3038) ... (9933) (Go Down)

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by kikuyu1(m): 3:17pm On Jan 10, 2019
Ibrahimanis:

There is nothing to be jealous about.

Apapa port in Lagos has an install capacity of 1.2million teu per year. Handles 25million tons of cargo per year.
What is that of Mombasa?

Anyway even if Mombasa handles more than apapa, that's because you have no other option. Apart from Mombasa port which other active port do you have?

Compare these two pictures and tell me why I should be jealous.

Nigga,Mombasa alone throughput outdoes ALL your ports and harbours-the figures were posted earlier.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Ibrahimanis: 3:17pm On Jan 10, 2019
kikuyu1:

Nigga,Mombasa alone throughput outdoes ALL your ports and harbours-the figures were posted earlier.
Post again.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 3:18pm On Jan 10, 2019
See what the british and european did for nigeria before independence and at independence that is why when nigeria got independence nigeria fell down like humpty dumpty on the wall...

https://nigerianfinder.com/history-of-nigerian-economy-a-brief-overview/

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp2018: 3:20pm On Jan 10, 2019
Abuja built from the scratch is regarded as one of worst cities - not any better from Lagos. One of worst - in Africa and in the world.

We know why Abuja was built - the Northern Military generals & politician never felt comfortable in Lagos. Sani Abach spend a fortune - I think 30B to hurriedly build Abuja after a coup attempt by Southern allied armies in Lagos.

I think spending 30B to build a new city for civil servants is insanity. Just like spending 8-10B in that steel plant that is now rusted to the ground. Obasanjo spents 16B dollars to build power plants with generating capacity of 12,000mw but right now it can hardly generate 3,000MW

I can go on and on - but you know what - Nigeria has earned 600B dollars from Oil - and it has nothing to show - except the worst most expensively built city in the world - the largests steal plant that has yet to produce one billet of steel - 12,000MW of power plants that can hardly generate 20% of it capacity.

Why is Nigeria poor. It because the oil dependant economy whenever there is a boom engages in the most idiotic spending and stealing - and country remain as poor as Niger or Chad.

Danielnino00:
Calling Abuja a white elephant project or saying that it cost 30b(whatever in God's name that means) are some of the most ridiculous things I've read on this thread.... Do these Kenyans and their Ghanaian friends seriously not know that a country like Nigeria with a huge tribal diversity can't have its capital situated in one region of the country?
Do they seriously want to pretend like they don't know that Abuja is regarded as one of the best planned city in the world? A city that's barely 40 years old and built out of nothing!
One idiot from Ghana even said Abuja was 24km ...What a joke... Their ancestors will be SMH for them...

4 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Danielnino00(m): 3:22pm On Jan 10, 2019
Seriously, if we take Nairobi out of Kenya, what does the rest of the country become??

How evenly spread is the development in Kenya?
I'm not talking about just roads and electricity oo..But industrialization too....

If we take Lagos away from Nigeria, we still have Abuja that's the political capital ..We still have Ogun state that's has nearly more industries than Lagos... We still have cities like Ibadan,Aba,Onitsha,Kano,Enugu and Owerri with a lot of industries too...
We have calabar thats the tourist capital...
Further down south, there's Uyo,Port Harcourt, Asaba,Warri, and Benin city... Heck! even Kaduna and Jos can boast of one or two industries..

I'll be really glad if the Kenyans can list other cities (or towns or whatever) in their country that has a strong economic influence apart from Nairobi...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 3:27pm On Jan 10, 2019
Picture of nigeria before independence

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 3:28pm On Jan 10, 2019
Picture of nigeria at independence

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 3:29pm On Jan 10, 2019
Picture of nigeria's current state

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by tylann: 3:32pm On Jan 10, 2019
Danielnino00:
Seriously, if we take Nairobi out of Kenya, what does the rest of the country become??

How evenly spread is the development in Kenya?
I'm not talking about just roads and electricity oo..But industrialization too....

If we take Lagos away from Nigeria, we still have Abuja that's the political capital ..We still have Ogun state that's has nearly more industries than Lagos... We still have cities like Ibadan,Aba,Onitsha,Kano,Enugu and Owerri with a lot of industries too...
We have calabar thats the tourist capital...
Further down south, there's Uyo,Port Harcourt, Asaba,Warri, and Benin city... Heck! even Kaduna and Jos can boast of one or two industries..

I'll be really glad if the Kenyans can list other cities (or towns or whatever) in their country that has a strong economic influence apart from Nairobi...

We have Mombasa which has the second busiest port in Africa
We have thika Kenya's industrial town
We have Nakuru
We have eldoret
We have kisumu
We have nyeri
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Danielnino00(m): 3:33pm On Jan 10, 2019
rvp2018:
Abuja built from the scratch is regarded as one of worst cities - not any better from Lagos. One of worst - in Africa and in the world.

We know why Abuja was built - the Northern Military generals & politician never felt comfortable in Lagos. Sani Abach spend a fortune - I think 30B to hurriedly build Abuja after a coup attempt by Southern allied armies in Lagos.

I think spending 30B to build a new city for civil servants is insanity. Just like spending 8-10B in that steel plant that is now rusted to the ground. Obasanjo spents 16B dollars to build power plants with generating capacity of 12,000mw but right now it can hardly generate 3,000MW

I can go on and on - but you know what - Nigeria has earned 600B dollars from Oil - and it has nothing to show - except the worst most expensively built city in the world - the largests steal plant that has yet to produce one billet of steel - 12,000MW of power plants that can hardly generate 20% of it capacity.

Why is Nigeria poor. It because the oil dependant economy whenever there is a boom engages in the most idiotic spending and stealing - and country remain as poor as Niger or Chad.

You seriously need to review the criterias used to rank Abuja among Africa worst cities to live in. And you can find other reports that list Abuja among Africa most liveable cities... Your beloved Nairobi is constantly ranked among the best cities in Africa and also ranked among the cities with the worst slums in the world... its a two way thing mate...

Adding Abacha to ur statement even shows how ignorant you are... Abacha was head of state from 1993 to 1998 .. Abuja became the capital in 1991 while construction started in the early 1970.. It was the Muriala Mohammed regime that initiated the project while Ibrahim Babaginda oversaw most of the construction.. So how the hell the Abacha came in?

The location was eventually designated in the centre of the country in the early 1970s as it signified neutrality and national unity. Another impetus for Abuja came because of Lagos' population boom that made that city overcrowded and conditions squalid. As Lagos was already undergoing rapid economic development, the Nigerian regime felt the need to expand the economy towards the inner part of the country, and hence decided to move its capital to Abuja

You aren't just a liar and a fact twister...You are also very ignorant... and you claim to be 37!

Good Lord!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by NairobiWalker(m): 3:36pm On Jan 10, 2019
darfay:

I know yaba like the back of my palm and yet I don't know it. There way more popular schools in yaba St finbars, queens college, Isl.
FYI There is no Lebanese community in yaba so there would never be enough Lebanese students to cause a racial discrimination

Some of you are so stupid it pains. The school is here I can even see its website and you're denying it.

http://lislagos.com

I was right when I said most of you are villagers who've never stepped in Lagos or Abuja.

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by NairobiWalker(m): 3:36pm On Jan 10, 2019
tylann:

That is another citizen of the world poverty capital

He's denying it even when I post its website there.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Danielnino00(m): 3:36pm On Jan 10, 2019
tylann:

We have Mombasa which has the second busiest port in Africa
We have thika Kenya's industrial town
We have Nakuru
We have eldoret
We have kisumu
We have nyeri

Would you mind explaining what Nakuru,Eldoret,Kisumu and Nyeri have that contributes significantly to Kenya's economy?

for example, Port Harcourt and Warri have a sizeable portion of our oil rigs...

Aba and Onitsha have the biggest markets in Africa

Ibadan and Kano are heavy commercialized areas ... etc etc...
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by forgiveness: 3:41pm On Jan 10, 2019
samsobo24:
My Nigerians,I just watched the regents projects and infrastructure transformation in PH(garden city)

Mehn you need to see the modern schools, the road infrastructure, the parks,the state buildings and bridges.

Pleasure park,PH city is a world class park that blew my mind

The states transformation is massive, the aesthetics were glaring.The PH light rail will also make the city more advanced.

PH has a developed landmass than Nairobi, this is a fact.

cc nowenuse Frudstapresident obadeeremi abbeg ibrahimanis uzzyke forgiveness jaycent Danielni... 6881419 iwantslavesgone PROVERVB

Please, share the link here. Thanks.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 3:42pm On Jan 10, 2019
what - I am surprised Apapa is that small - Mombasa this year handled 31-33M metric tonnes and 1.2 TEUS. Very cooked GDP.
kikuyu1:

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 3:45pm On Jan 10, 2019
rvp2018:

1.What do you expect if the people in the country are illiterate..
2. When they do not want to develop only deceiving themselves.
3. Do not worry one pacific and eko atlantic will be on that list the waste in africa
4. Nigeria does not know how much electricity in generate. The government will say 1 figure, the power distribution company will say another figure, the power generation companies also known as jenkins will say another figure, all at the same time 3 or 4 different figures at the same time different places.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Kazikazi: 3:46pm On Jan 10, 2019
cali1:
Dar is slum Tanzania. for real
Dar don't have a red soil.Go do other photoshop
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by tylann: 3:49pm On Jan 10, 2019
Danielnino00:

Would you mind explaining what Nakuru,Eldoret,Kisumu and Nyeri have that contributes significantly to Kenya's economy?

for example, Port Harcourt and Warri have a sizeable portion of our oil rigs...

Aba and Onitsha have the biggest markets in Africa

Ibadan and Kano are heavy commercialized areas ... etc etc...

What do you mean by Ibadan and kano are heavily commercialized

Nakuru eldoret nyeri kisumu
They are agro processing centres , commercial centres and have malls

I must just include malls because only south Africa beats us in that sector

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 3:50pm On Jan 10, 2019
rvp20183:
what - I am surprised Apapa is that small - Mombasa this year handled 31-33M metric tonnes and 1.2 TEUS. Very cooked GDP.

The ports in nigeria are a graveyard. Most of the products are smuggled through other african countries. Big companies in nigeria use benin republic togo and ghana ports

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 3:51pm On Jan 10, 2019
I am not expert in Nigeria history but I know the main motivation for northern misleaders of Nigeria moving to Abuja was to be comfortable. I think the move from Lagos to Abuja happened after Orkar coup in 1991. I am positive Sani Abacha was key player then.
Danielnino00:

You seriously need to review the criterias used to rank Abuja among Africa worst cities to live in. And you can find other reports that list Abuja among Africa most liveable cities... Your beloved Nairobi is constantly ranked among the best cities in Africa and also ranked among the cities with the worst slums in the world... its a two way thing mate...

Adding Abacha to ur statement even shows how ignorant you are... Abacha was head of state from 1993 to 1998 .. Abuja became the capital in 1991 while construction started in the early 1970.. It was the Muriala Mohammed regime that initiated the project while Ibrahim Babaginda oversaw most of the construction.. So how the hell the Abacha came in?

The location was eventually designated in the centre of the country in the early 1970s as it signified neutrality and national unity. Another impetus for Abuja came because of Lagos' population boom that made that city overcrowded and conditions squalid. As Lagos was already undergoing rapid economic development, the Nigerian regime felt the need to expand the economy towards the inner part of the country, and hence decided to move its capital to Abuja

You aren't just a liar and a fact twister...You are also very ignorant... and you claim to be 37!

Good Lord!!
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by tylann: 3:55pm On Jan 10, 2019
rvp20183:
I am not expert in Nigeria history but I know the main motivation for northern misleaders of Nigeria moving to Abuja was to be comfortable. I think the move from Lagos to Abuja happened after Orkar coup in 1991. I am positive Sani Abacha was key player then.

It was sani abacha who built the gwarimpa estate in abuja

He also died fcking indian hoes
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by tylann: 3:56pm On Jan 10, 2019
NairobiWalker:

He's denying it even when I post its website there.

He can't accept i know
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Danielnino00(m): 3:57pm On Jan 10, 2019
tylann:

What do you mean by Ibadan and kano are heavily commercialized

Nakuru eldoret nyeri kisumu
They are agro processing centres , commercial centres and have malls

I must just include malls because only south Africa beats us in that sector

Kano has one of the biggest commercial markets in sub Sahara Africa... Ibadan also has an industrial estate and housing estates..

Having malls isn't a sign of development my friend ..the city of Ibadan alone has seven malls!! Try something else..

What else do the other cities (or towns have?
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by tylann: 4:00pm On Jan 10, 2019
Ibrahimanis:

There is nothing to be jealous about.

Apapa port in Lagos has an install capacity of 1.2million teu per year. Handles 25million tons of cargo per year.
What is that of Mombasa?

Anyway even if Mombasa handles more than apapa, that's because you have no other option. Apart from Mombasa port which other active port do you have?

Compare these two pictures and tell me why I should be jealous.

You are consoling yourself now
And you are wrong even if you combine all your ports
Mombasa port still beats them
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by NairobiWalker(m): 4:01pm On Jan 10, 2019
Danielnino00:

Kano has one of the biggest commercial markets in sub Sahara Africa... Ibadan also has an industrial estate and housing estates..

Having malls isn't a sign of development my friend ..the city of Ibadan alone has seven malls!! Try something else..

Ibadan and Kano look like slums, industries or not those two are cesspools.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Danielnino00(m): 4:03pm On Jan 10, 2019
rvp20183:

I just told you that the idea to move the capital to Abuja was birthed in 1970 and construction started early in the 1970s ..

Or you think they just moved to Abuja(which was largely a jungle) in 1991 and started building??

Military coups had little to do with the relocation of the capital to Abuja... If Lagos had remained the capital till today,the country could have collapsed cus all the resources would be left in Lagos alone and the population would have exploded!

Abuja had a population of less than a million in 2006, today it's over 6 million...The city is growing.. Aside Lagos,Abuja has the largest population of Nigerians from every ethnic group....
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Daejoyoung: 4:03pm On Jan 10, 2019
tylann:

Jumia is not nigerian
What is uba ??

Jumia...It was created in 2012 on the initiative of Tunde Kehinde and Raphael Afaedor. They were leaders of the company until they left it in 2014. The new leaders Nicolas Martins and Jeremy Doutte took their places.
Nicolas Martin's and Jeremy Doutte had to make it global, the headquarters however remains in Lagos.
Note that Jumia is not the only powerhouse in Nigeria, Konga(from Nigerians again) had for a long time given it very tough competition.
There are others as well like payporte, when it comes to e commerce, Nigerians are considered the best in Africa. FACT.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 4:04pm On Jan 10, 2019
rvp20183:

See the snapshot below just look at how hunger and poverty is manifesting itself in nigeria. Nigeria has 30 million hectares under agriculture but nigeria needs in minimum of 78 million hectares

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Danielnino00(m): 4:07pm On Jan 10, 2019
NairobiWalker:

Ibadan and Kano look like slums, industries or not those two are cesspools.

Be smart for once and answer the questions I asked..

Ibadan and Kano have never at any point in time been rated as slum cities... something Nairobi never misses...

Ibadan and Kano have been existing as far back as the 18th century..when those cities where developed, your ancestors were still living in caves...

Both cities have their ancient and modern part...they aren't slums at all....

This is Ibadan...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by tylann: 4:10pm On Jan 10, 2019
Danielnino00:

Malls contribute alot to economies of towns or cities
Malls are sign of a progressive society
Okay i will not mention malls
They are also tourist centres and have good hospitality industry

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 4:12pm On Jan 10, 2019
You're indeed illiterate as suffernSmilling won't say. I see you guys referring to informal trade - as if it was something to be proud of. We have largest flea or farmers market :? We have petty traders in Ghana? We have used motor car spare dealers all over west africa.

All that is NONSENSE - categorized under BLACK or INFORMAL market.

NO country has ever developed from such nonsense. That is why Nigeria tax collection is nearly zero.

Kindly go back to school - all of you - and then start formalizing your economy.

For example in retail - kenya is making progress - and now boast of 30% formal retail - and 70% informal. We need to slowly move all that retail trade to formal trade - through formal channels - like malls, supermarkets. Formal trade benefit the consumers, the owner and the gov get taxes.

In transport sector - you'll see kenya relentless efforts to formalize it's transport - from okada and yellow shared taxis - to formal companies. All Kenya shared taxis are required to belong to SACCO (co-operative).

Danielnino00:

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (3032) (3033) (3034) (3035) (3036) (3037) (3038) ... (9933)

Viewing this topic: 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.