Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,202 members, 7,963,957 topics. Date: Tuesday, 01 October 2024 at 11:32 PM

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) - Foreign Affairs (3036) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) (6522945 Views)

Am I The Only One Whos Tired Of This Kenya Is Ahead Thread / Femi Adesina: "I Don't Lie, No Matter What"; Nigerians React / Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3033) (3034) (3035) (3036) (3037) (3038) (3039) ... (9933) (Go Down)

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 4:12pm On Jan 10, 2019
Danielnino00:

Be smart for once and answer the questions I asked..

Ibadan and Kano have never at any point in time been rated as slum cities... something Nairobi never misses...

Ibadan and Kano have been existing as far back as the 18th century..when those cities where developed, your ancestors were still living in caves...

Both cities have their ancient and modern part...they aren't slums at all....

This is Ibadan...

The two cities you talked about are no where in africa. Top 100 cities in africa I don't think ibadan and kano ranks in them I don't think you know what a city is
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by tylann: 4:15pm On Jan 10, 2019
rvp20183:
You're indeed illiterate as suffernSmilling won't say. I see you guys referring to informal trade - as if it was something to be proud of. We have largest flea or farmers market :? We have petty traders in Ghana? We have user motor car spare dealers all over west africa.

All that is NONSENSE - categorized under BLACK or INFORMAL market.

NO country has ever developed from such nonsense. That is why Nigeria tax collection is nearly zero.

Kindly go back to school - all of you - and then start formalizing your economy.

Should i also say we have gikomba market or am i wrong

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Daejoyoung: 4:16pm On Jan 10, 2019
tylann:

Jumia is german
No nigerian posses the brains to start a online shopping firm
Top 7 ecommerce firms in Nigeria
Wakanow

The country’s leading online travel agency. Launched in 2008 to “bridge the gap and inefficiencies in Nigeria’s online travel space”, Wakanow offers Nigerians up-to-date local and international travel information including flight plans and deals, hotels reservations and airport pick-ups. It recently added to its services visa procurement, thereby offering a robust and encompassing package for its customers. It partners foreign travel agencies to deliver unique vacation holiday packages. It was ranked by All World Network as the 5th fastest growing company in the country during the Nigeria@50 awards.

Jumia

Considered Africa’s biggest online retailer, with outlets also in Egypt, Cote d’Ivoire, Kenya and Moroccco, Jumia.com has grown into the most popular online shop in Nigeria. Backed by foreign investment worth over $60 million, it deals in almost any sort of products ranging from Electronics to fashion and households and has come into partnership with top brands like Samsung, Apple, HP, Blackberry and Nokia to ensure in-time inventory restocking and provide customers with unbeatable deals. Formerly, Kasuwa, the orange-color-themed website offers reliable payment system a pay on delivery service where customers can afford to pay cash on their doorstep. Its rapid rise to commercial prominence is reflected on its quick climb to becoming the 5th local content website in Nigeria.

Kaymu

Nigeria’s very own E-bay, Kaymu is an online marketplace that gives nationwide exposure to independent retailers, using a fixed price or auction bid process. On Kaymu, a registered seller can list almost any item from smart phones to laptop accessories, books to rare coins. He/she can then choose to accept only bids – usually lasting few days – for the item (an auction-type listing) or offer the “Fixed price” option, which allows buyers to purchase the item right away at the set price.

Konga
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by darfay: 4:18pm On Jan 10, 2019
rvp2018:
Abuja built from the scratch is regarded as one of worst cities - not any better from Lagos. One of worst - in Africa and in the world.

We know why Abuja was built - the Northern Military generals & politician never felt comfortable in Lagos. Sani Abach spend a fortune - I think 30B to hurriedly build Abuja after a coup attempt by Southern allied armies in Lagos.

I think spending 30B to build a new city for civil servants is insanity. Just like spending 8-10B in that steel plant that is now rusted to the ground. Obasanjo spents 16B dollars to build power plants with generating capacity of 12,000mw but right now it can hardly generate 3,000MW

I can go on and on - but you know what - Nigeria has earned 600B dollars from Oil - and it has nothing to show - except the worst most expensively built city in the world - the largests steal plant that has yet to produce one billet of steel - 12,000MW of power plants that can hardly generate 20% of it capacity.

Why is Nigeria poor. It because the oil dependant economy whenever there is a boom engages in the most idiotic spending and stealing - and country remain as poor as Niger or Chad.

You are high on madness. Abuja became capital of Nigeria in 1992 (abacha was president 1993, so how did he build abj?)because it is the centre of the Nigerian state geographically

Cc forgiveness and Co. This guy is dumb I swear

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 4:20pm On Jan 10, 2019
They are not cities. They are slumpolis. You cannot classify a slum a city and then try find slums inside a slumpolis.
Danielnino00:

Be smart for once and answer the questions I asked..

Ibadan and Kano have never at any point in time been rated as slum cities... something Nairobi never misses...

Ibadan and Kano have been existing as far back as the 18th century..when those cities where developed, your ancestors were still living in caves...

Both cities have their ancient and modern part...they aren't slums at all....

This is Ibadan...

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Daejoyoung: 4:20pm On Jan 10, 2019
Konga

Nigeria’s online Megastore was “borne out of the desire to deliver with speed and precision so that you would never have to worry about accessing your needs and wants at your convenience.” It owns large warehouses stocked up with goods and strategically located in Key cities such as Lagos, the capital Abuja, and Portharcourt to ensure swift and efficient delivery. ‘Making shopping simpler’, Konga offers wide range of products from computers to mobile phones, clothing and households, books and stationery, satisfying a larger group of consumers. Konga is the highest ranked ecommerce website in Nigeria by alexa, signifying its growing presence and rapid growth in customer patronage.

DealDey

Launched in March 2011, DealDey features a daily deal on the best things to do, see, eat, and buy in Lagos and Abuja. It offers fantastic deals on great experiences. With an estimated 15,000 discounted deals so far on a range of products and services in restaurants, spas, as well as retail shops, and currently partnering over 1,600 merchants (up from 245 merchants one year ago) and over 88,000 purchases (up from 6,000 a year ago), the service is one of the fastest growing e-commerce platforms in Nigeria. According to DealDey, its vision is to create a mutually beneficial environment for local merchants who are looking to attract new customers, and consumers who want to save money by seeking fantastic service bargains.

Privateproperty.com.ng

Private Property focuses on providing a platform for property business activities. It gives buyers and prospective tenants an easier and more convenient medium of finding properties for sale and to rent, providing well detailed information to make a buying or renting decision. As well as private listings, selected estate agents also offer sales and rent information on properties, giving buyers and tenant an even wider range of property choice, while providing the agents an easy advertising platform.

Olx

Olx is an online site thought to be the next generation’s free online classifieds. It doesn’t follow the conventional online stores, instead offering an information filled environment for both buyers and sellers to interact and transact. On , sellers can design, display and post ads under the specified categories to which it belongs (a seller can place an Ad for a car under Automobiles category). The categorizing of ads gives the online market a structured design making it faster to locate products of interest.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 4:22pm On Jan 10, 2019
Gikomba is something to be ashamed of; It like kibera slums. It a sign of underdevelopment. For nigeria such flea markets are badges of honour.
tylann:

Should i also say we have gikomba market or am i wrong

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by tylann: 4:22pm On Jan 10, 2019
I must consult with rvp20183
Is it true malls are not a sign of development
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by darfay: 4:24pm On Jan 10, 2019
rvp20183:
I am not expert in Nigeria history but I know the main motivation for northern misleaders of Nigeria moving to Abuja was to be comfortable. I think the move from Lagos to Abuja happened after Orkar coup in 1991. I am positive Sani Abacha was key player then.

Gideon okar is a northerner so WTF are you saying?

Abuja was already u/c before the coup. You are really dumb.

Please don't say anything about our history again. What an old fool
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by tylann: 4:25pm On Jan 10, 2019
rvp20183:
Gikomba is something to be ashamed of; It like kibera slums. It a sign of underdevelopment. For nigeria such flea markets are badges of honour.

So such markets is what he is bragging of having the largest markets in Africa
I never he meant that
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 4:26pm On Jan 10, 2019
Sani Abacha was the de-facto president when he made the decision to move the comatose Babaginda to Abuja and invested heavily. The move was made after coup attempt by southern armed forces in 1991.

darfay:

You are high on madness. Abuja became capital of Nigeria in 1992 (abacha was president 1993, so how did he build abj?)because it is the centre of the Nigerian state geographically

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Kazikazi: 4:26pm On Jan 10, 2019
Zanzibar, Tanzania
Let's play buddies

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by jaycent(m): 4:30pm On Jan 10, 2019
NairobiWalker:

Which infrastructure are you talking about? I used google street view on that city and its pathetic. Just like Dar es Salaam.
But still better than Nairobi by far, huh? cool
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by darfay: 4:30pm On Jan 10, 2019
Daejoyoung:

Top 7 ecommerce firms in Nigeria
Wakanow

The country’s leading online travel agency. Launched in 2008 to “bridge the gap and inefficiencies in Nigeria’s online travel space”, Wakanow offers Nigerians up-to-date local and international travel information including flight plans and deals, hotels reservations and airport pick-ups. It recently added to its services visa procurement, thereby offering a robust and encompassing package for its customers. It partners foreign travel agencies to deliver unique vacation holiday packages. It was ranked by All World Network as the 5th fastest growing company in the country during the Nigeria@50 awards.

Jumia

Considered Africa’s biggest online retailer, with outlets also in Egypt, Cote d’Ivoire, Kenya and Moroccco, Jumia.com has grown into the most popular online shop in Nigeria. Backed by foreign investment worth over $60 million, it deals in almost any sort of products ranging from Electronics to fashion and households and has come into partnership with top brands like Samsung, Apple, HP, Blackberry and Nokia to ensure in-time inventory restocking and provide customers with unbeatable deals. Formerly, Kasuwa, the orange-color-themed website offers reliable payment system a pay on delivery service where customers can afford to pay cash on their doorstep. Its rapid rise to commercial prominence is reflected on its quick climb to becoming the 5th local content website in Nigeria.

Kaymu

Nigeria’s very own E-bay, Kaymu is an online marketplace that gives nationwide exposure to independent retailers, using a fixed price or auction bid process. On Kaymu, a registered seller can list almost any item from smart phones to laptop accessories, books to rare coins. He/she can then choose to accept only bids – usually lasting few days – for the item (an auction-type listing) or offer the “Fixed price” option, which allows buyers to purchase the item right away at the set price.

Konga

Wakanow is now in Kenya
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Kazikazi: 4:30pm On Jan 10, 2019
Zanzibar, TZ

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Daejoyoung: 4:32pm On Jan 10, 2019
darfay:

Wakanow is now in Kenya
You See? good one for Kenya grin

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by jaycent(m): 4:33pm On Jan 10, 2019
NairobiWalker:

They are also listed as the worst places to live in Africa. grin
But still rank among the best cities in Africa grin your Nairobi rank world slum capital, you should fixe that, dude? grin grin
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by darfay: 4:34pm On Jan 10, 2019
rvp20183:
Sani Abacha was the de-facto president when he made the decision to move the comatose Babaginda to Abuja and invested heavily. The move was made after coup attempt by southern armed forces in 1991.

Gideon okar is a northerner stop saying rubbish. There is nothing like northerner or southern arm forces in Nigeria

Abuja was constructed in 70's and 80's
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by jaycent(m): 4:36pm On Jan 10, 2019
tylann:

Gay cunt
Charlatan grin
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 4:42pm On Jan 10, 2019
Gideon Orkar was from Benue state - South Eastern.
Read his coup attempt speech - he wanted northern states excised - and basically purged from Nigeria.
https://dawodu.com/orkar.htm
darfay:

Gideon okar is a northerner stop saying rubbish. There is nothing like northerner or southern arm forces in Nigeria

Abuja was constructed in 70's and 80's
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 4:42pm On Jan 10, 2019
darfay:

With all the billions of us dollar spent in building abuja the city is a disgrace
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by theenchanter: 4:42pm On Jan 10, 2019
rvp20183:

pls, just shut up...sir. grin
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by theenchanter: 4:44pm On Jan 10, 2019
tylann:
I must consult with rvp20183
Is it true malls are not a sign of development
if u think malls are signs of development... u need to start learning what development is all about very fast.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 4:45pm On Jan 10, 2019
jaycent:
But still better than Nairobi by far, huh? cool

Better in what poverty
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 4:47pm On Jan 10, 2019
Malls are signs of formal trade - which is sign of development - everywhere except nigeria that boast of the largest flea & farmers markets - where rodents and snails are sold.

Kenya is second to South Africa - with 30% of it's population - shopping in formally in malls & supermarkets - rather than corner shops.

Nigera economy is basically oil and informal economy - hard to tax or regulate or manage.

theenchanter:
if u think malls are signs of development... u need to start learning what development is all about very fast.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 4:50pm On Jan 10, 2019
jaycent:
But still rank among the best cities in Africa grin your Nairobi rank world slum capital, you should fixe that, dude? grin grin

I am going to expose you for who you are

https://www.icirnigeria.org/abuja-midst-slums-story-fast-decaying-city/

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by theenchanter: 5:04pm On Jan 10, 2019
rvp20183:
Malls are signs of formal trade - which is sign of development - everywhere except nigeria that boast of the largest flea & farmers markets - where rodents and snails are sold.

Kenya is second to South Africa - with 30% of it's population - shopping in formally in malls & supermarkets - rather than corner shops.

Nigera economy is basically oil and informal economy - hard to tax or regulate or manage.

the problem with u is that u know a lot about nigeria that u fail woefully in every other subject that has nothing to do with nigeria.

I guess u've never heard on online shopping in ur 37yrs of existence, why should i go to d mall when i can have my product delivered to me at the comfort of my room and phone?

For ur information, supermarkets (not malls) are scattered around every corner in naija but nigerians rather shop online, check d largest online shoppers in africa.

Maybe we need to talk and understand some basic things before arguing unnecessary.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by darfay: 5:12pm On Jan 10, 2019
rvp20183:
Gideon Orkar was from Benue state - South Eastern.
Read his coup attempt speech - he wanted northern states excised - and basically purged from Nigeria.
https://dawodu.com/orkar.htm

Benue is in South east? Very soon you will tell me ekiti is in North west while sokoto is in South South

Cc jaycent
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by darfay: 5:13pm On Jan 10, 2019
Daejoyoung:

You See? good one for Kenya grin

Very good, our company must chop Kenyan moni
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by tylann: 5:13pm On Jan 10, 2019
theenchanter:

Yes malls are a sign of development
Maybe should define for me development
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by darfay: 5:14pm On Jan 10, 2019
theenchanter:
pls, just shut up...sir. grin

Oga even said Benue is in South East cheesy grin grin
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by darfay: 5:16pm On Jan 10, 2019
theenchanter:
the problem with u is that u know a lot about nigeria that u fail woefully in every other subject that has nothing to do with nigeria.

I guess u've never heard on online shopping in ur 37yrs of existence, why should i go to d mall when i can have my product delivered to me at the comfort of my room and phone?

For ur information, supermarkets (not malls) are scattered around every corner in naija but nigerians rather shop online, check d largest online shoppers in africa.

Maybe we need to talk and understand some basic things before arguing unnecessary.

The guy is a disgrace.

(1) (2) (3) ... (3033) (3034) (3035) (3036) (3037) (3038) (3039) ... (9933)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.