Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,107 members, 7,887,218 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 01:50 AM

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) - Foreign Affairs (324) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) (6335321 Views)

Am I The Only One Whos Tired Of This Kenya Is Ahead Thread / Femi Adesina: "I Don't Lie, No Matter What"; Nigerians React / Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (321) (322) (323) (324) (325) (326) (327) ... (9933) (Go Down)

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by OreMI22: 3:11am On Apr 11, 2017
TayserMahiri:

Which city is that so that I show you why it is polluted? Just name it, don't be afraid, I will show you why it is polluted.

I have named it already. I thought you read your British propaganda ? grin grin grin grin grin

Bottomline, Nigeria isn't Kenya's mate.

Don't let me compare side by side your Kisumu & Kibera with Nigerian cities.

You can see that outside Nairobi, Kenya is finished

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 3:14am On Apr 11, 2017
OreMI22:

I have named it already. I thought you read your British propaganda ? grin grin grin grin grin

It was a list not a single city from WHO not Britain. I know you won't name it now but am guessing its Uyo? Confirm so that we proceed.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by OreMI22: 3:17am On Apr 11, 2017
TayserMahiri:

It was a list not a single city. I know you won't name it now but am guessing its Uyo? Confirm so that we proceed.

It is Isiolo and Bungoma.
Do you want me to post the pictures too? grin grin grin grin
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 3:24am On Apr 11, 2017
OreMI22:

Bottomline, Nigeria isn't Kenya's mate.

Unfortunately Nigeria has become mates with DR Congo and Somalia with endless Boko Haram mayhem. I saw in the news Boko Haram burned a military camp INSIDE NIGERIA
gringrin grin grin grin grin grin
Wonders never cease
And Buhari was a GENERAL. What a fake a$$ general, the only military success he managed was a coup d'etat
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 3:25am On Apr 11, 2017
OreMI22:

Just tell me you're in kenya Oga? lol How do you know those ones
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 3:26am On Apr 11, 2017
OreMI22:

You should be posting Nigerian ones, even if its Makoko and Ajengule
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by OreMI22: 3:42am On Apr 11, 2017
TayserMahiri:

Just tell me you're in kenya Oga? lol How do you know those ones

Sir, i have lived in Kenya.

I although i love Kenyans to death and many things about Nigeria irritate me, Kenya is still one million years from Nigeria.
You need to visit Nigeria to understand what i'm saying and fly around or drive around the country to understand what i'm saying. Places like Nakuru or Kitale in Nigeria are bigger than Mombasa, With international airports and everything.

If you imagine Kenya with Mombasa in Isiolo, Kitale and Bungoma you would have come very close to what Nigeria is like. It is still a third world country, but it is far bigger than most others at least in Africa. That is why it is so dominant and in my view needs to break up into smaller manageable units. Perhaps countries the size of Ghana.

In spite of Boko Haram, Nigeria became the largest economy in Africa. That tells you Nigeria is bigger than three states or 5 cities affected by Boko Haram.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 3:58am On Apr 11, 2017
OreMI22:

Sir, i have lived in Kenya.

I although i love Kenyans to death and many things about Nigeria irritate me, Kenya is still one million years from Nigeria.
You need to visit Nigeria to understand what i'm saying and fly around or drive around the country to understand what i'm saying. Places like Nakuru or Kitale in Nigeria are bigger than Mombasa, With international airports and everything.

If you imagine Kenya with Mombasa in Isiolo, Kitale and Bungoma you would have come very close to what Nigeria is like. It is still a third world country, but it is far bigger than most others at least in Africa. That is why it is so dominant and in my view needs to break up into smaller manageable units. Perhaps countries the size of Ghana.

In spite of Boko Haram, Nigeria became the largest economy in Africa. That tells you Nigeria is bigger than three states or 5 cities affected by Boko Haram.

haha, good to hear. What were you doing in kenya or are you still here?
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 4:04am On Apr 11, 2017
But we in Kenya stand for One Naija. I can't imagine a continent without our Oga brodas! Breaking up would be mayhem in my opinion. S.Sudan is a good example. One nigeria will be good for everyone in Africa.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by OreMI22: 4:05am On Apr 11, 2017
TayserMahiri:

haha, good to hear. What were you doing in Kenya or are you still here?
No i was in Kenya as part of a study group from 2009-2012.Although i occasionally left Kenya and came back within the period the study lasted. I can't say more than this so i don't reveal myself too much. But i truly think kenyans are the friendliest Africans to nigerians i have met. Although some will view you with suspicion initially, but they usually become friendly too.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by OreMI22: 4:09am On Apr 11, 2017
TayserMahiri:
But we in Kenya stand for One Naija. I can't imagine a continent without our Oga brodas! Breaking up would be mayhem in my opinion. S.Sudan is a good example. One nigeria will be good for everyone in Africa.

I do want Nigeria to survive as one country.We are better off together and Africa is better off with a big Nigeria too. If not for anything, Nigeria is able to project power in the region by it's sheer numbers. Eg asking Jammeh to give up power or face military action or Gbagbo in Cote D'Ivoire. It takes a country much bigger than it's neighbors like that to issue that kind of statement and can sustain serious military engagement overseas if it came to it. The west will not shed blood for Africa.

But the problems of Nigeria are multiplying everyday and i'm afraid people might arm themselves at some point unless we get a pragmatic leader to calm us down from destroying ourselves..

If you read this site, you will get a clue into our serious disputes along ethnic and religious lines...and It isn't showing any signs of slowing down at all.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 4:26am On Apr 11, 2017
OreMI22:

No i was in Kenya as part of a study group from 2009-2012.Although i occasionally left Kenya and came back within the period the study lasted. I can't say more than this so i don't reveal myself too much. But i truly think kenyans are the friendliest Africans to nigerians i have met. Although some will view you with suspicion initially, but they usually become friendly too.

Kenyans do love nigerians thats true, they think that nigerians are very funny, even me grin
The suspicion thing is just about the general image kenyans have of Nigerians. AT first ppl suspect they are just about to be ripped off.
I have a couple naija friends too, its generally easy to tell a good one from a bad one. ANyways, hope you enjoyed your time here.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 4:30am On Apr 11, 2017
OreMI22:

I do want Nigeria to survive as one country.We are better off together and Africa is better off with a big Nigeria too. If not for anything, Nigeria is able to project power in the region by it's sheer numbers. Eg asking Jammeh to give up power or face military action or Gbagbo in Cote D'Ivoire. It takes a country much bigger than it's neighbors like that to issue that kind of statement and can sustain serious military engagement overseas if it came to it. The west will not shed blood for Africa.

But the problems of Nigeria are multiplying everyday and i'm afraid people might arm themselves at some point unless we get a pragmatic leader to calm us down from destroying ourselves..

If you read this site, you will get a clue into our serious disputes along ethnic and religious lines...and It isn't showing any signs of slowing down at all.

You know what saddens me about all these breakups is that I am the kind of guy who hopes for a united Africa. I know it sounds crazy but would be good to merge all those talents and strengths.
I have a very good idea of the disputes back there, my naija friends told me. Actually they talk about it in an even worse way. But I know Naija will come through all that.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 4:49am On Apr 11, 2017
Its true Nigerians are comical. Especially when they are not even trying grin

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by iblawi(m): 5:00am On Apr 11, 2017
It seems you guys don't like sleep
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 5:06am On Apr 11, 2017
Haa, have you just woken up? I sleep when I want
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 5:09am On Apr 11, 2017
Muafrika2:
Its true Nigerians are comical. Especially when they are not even trying grin

It comes naturally for them. I don't know about you Muafrika but for me being from Bantu, I find Luos funny too. Just like that. But now for Nigerians its a bit on another level. I don't know maybe they're somehow related? Or I just meet the funny ones.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by MtuMsuper: 6:57am On Apr 11, 2017
OreMI22:
We can conclude by saying
1. Abuja is better than nairobi in every facet
2. Lagos is better than Mombassa
3. Port Harcourt is better than Kisumu
4. Enugu is better than Eldoret
5. Minna is better than Thika
6. Maiduguri is better than Nakuru.

......and there ends all kenyan cities.
Meanwhile i have not mentioned top cities as Ibadan, Calabar, Kano, sokoto, onitsha,kaduna, owerri, uyo, warri, akure, ilorin, benin city, yola, bauchi, jos, makurdi, etc.

Not to mention newer cities as yenagoa, awka, osogbo, birnin kebbi, asaba, abakaliki, eket, lafia, jalingo, dutse etc.
So why compare kenya to nigeria?

It is definition of madness.
You sir have fallen into a trap most posters on this thread have fallen into viz. posting an endless stream of physical development, that has been falsely construed to be the only form of development. I also thought you would fall into the 'Lagos GDP is bigger than kenya and ghana combined' trap. My take on this thread is that alot of nigerians are surprised and taken aback by the response of kenyans. My personal life experience is that alot of nigerians in other african countries love rubbishing everything about their hosts and constantly compare the place with back home, and with that, you haven't disappointed. Kenyans are also quite guilty of this too. I was once in the cities of Windhoek, Namibia and Harare,Zimbabwe and i can assure you both are far far more livable and peaceful than Nairobi and i had to tell of my fellow kenyans who tried to downgrade those cities because their service delivery left alot to admire especially in Windhoek. You sir, need to travel to Africa and see for yourself the real state of things is NOT uniform . Alot of things work in alot of african countries, its just that good stories about africa don't sell. Go see the good work that Botswana govt has dobe for the social upliftment of its citizens- where else apart from SA and Gaddaffis Libya would govt give monthly stipend to its most vulnerable citizens, not to mention functioning health systems. Most of Equatorial africa is a mess though, and this has got everything to do with them having govts that are just sales offices of western capital and not their citizens representative. However, i can assure you alot of kenya is changing, and the sentiment here is bullish. This is due to a massive construction boom changing the face of the country and people's fortunes. The place you saw in 2009 is not the same now.

What you need to address is REAL development. What is your take on the comparative state between the two countries mentioned in this thread on known development indicators :
Access to primary health care,
child and maternal mortality,
productivity,
access to clean water,
access to sanitation,
access to electricity,
life expectancy,
life expectancy at birth(how many kids survive to age 5),
security,
access to formal education,
prevalence of preventable diseases,

etc etc

That's what we should be discussing here.

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by kikuyu1(m): 8:41am On Apr 11, 2017
MtuMsuper:

Really?!
Is all this English necessary?
I once met a nigerian not too long ago, who told me a surefire way to tell an igbo apart from other nigerians is when they launch into a tirade of quick, incomprehensible, jibberish, feverish and unnecessary outbursts​ of language. Especially when agitated.
are you an igbo bro?

Glad I'm not the only one who noticed! This nigga insists on dropping unnecessary multi syllabic verbiage;a sure sign of intent to impress or baffle with BS. THIS IS TYPICAL!

I feel the sarcasm laced with brutal forthright correctness you tryna assert,if nigeria succeeds,africa succeeds invariably,we are rediscovering,renegotiating the geographical contraption and british experimentation,every facet of nigerian entity is engulfed in multiplicities of marginalizations fused in myriads of shapes and sizes,some clamouring for balkanization and disintergration,de-amalgamation,desolution of political structuralizations and some wishing for reconstitution and politico-economic restructuring.......

The polical vampires already restrategizing on how to devour and win the next electoral trophies,and the vicious circl[b]e is strategically re-enginered and recaliberated to keek spinnig amongst them-so detasteful and unbecoming we keep making the same mistakes,[/b]and the stasus quo seems inexplicably irredeemable.

No matter who rigs best,be he igala,idoma,igbo,ijaw,isoko,kanuri,fulani,esan,bini,yoruba,hausa,urhobo,igede,ngas,birom,nupe,effik,ibibio,tiv,ogoja,jukun,kabaa,ebira,okun,egun,bakassi,lebanese,shuwa arab,vom,ngwa,ikwere, etc the issues keep worsening,becase the system,structure and foundation is flawed,surely if we dont address this cancerous fundamental issues,i'm afraid ,there aint gonna be any breakthrough.

Owerri, imo state in pictures

Just say some Naijjans want to split while the Elites keep playing the same issues of sectional ethnic marginalisation for their own benefit. See how simple it was-you don't have to puke a fvcking thesaurus on this thread,goddammit!
Another thing-by the blood of Amadioha,learn what a full stop is! Its even more painful swallowing that clumsy vocabulary in paragraph size bites.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by okibo1(m): 11:16am On Apr 11, 2017
How will kenya will not be better than Nigeria when all our leaders will be packing Nigeria money to outside country instead to developed our own country. which day has president of kenya come to Nigeria for medical check up just because their country is just developed.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 12:33pm On Apr 11, 2017
The two countries are headed in very opposite directions. Kenya is taking off to achieve truly great things while Nigeria is having a particularly troublesome crash landing, and some parts have already broken up. Its up to you patriotic citizens

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 2:43pm On Apr 11, 2017
TayserMahiri:

It comes naturally for them. I don't know about you Muafrika but for me being from Bantu, I find Luos funny too. Just like that. But now for Nigerians its a bit on another level. I don't know maybe they're somehow related? Or I just meet the funny ones.

That is so true! It's definitely something. Must be something to do with the blind confidence
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by kikuyu1(m): 4:22pm On Apr 11, 2017
iblawi:

You and fidha254 are dummies.

When carrying out a research their are metrics and assumptions. As long as you can't bring of those conditions it remains a statement.

I just gave you links that shows major banks in kenya only have 33 branches and 90 ATMs for the whole country and I've showed you Nigeria banks with over 750 branches, another with over 500+ branches and some with 330 branches. Now most of your banks have less than 100 branches and your population is almost 50 million while ours is around 180 million. So tell us how that report is correct without giving us the metrics and assumptions used.

This is a simple debate-its not a FLAME WAR! With your unnecessary vituperation you seem as hostile as a hormonal girl on her first pregnancy. I'm not a dummy and also learn to stick to the issues:nobody said we had more banks than you though that's not my concern. My question remains: tell us the speed of the Naij supercomputer,its user(s) and function.
That's all. Thanks.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by gallivant: 7:39pm On Apr 11, 2017
iblawi:
It seems you guys don't like sleep

How can we sleep while we're trying to learn more about Naija? People should consider this thread a blessing.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by iblawi(m): 8:12pm On Apr 11, 2017
gallivant:

How can we sleep while we're trying to learn more about Naija? People should consider this thread a blessing.

OK learn well

Federal Road Safety Corp

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by iblawi(m): 8:15pm On Apr 11, 2017
Federal fire service

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by iblawi(m): 8:17pm On Apr 11, 2017
They've got beautiful babes too

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by iblawi(m): 8:20pm On Apr 11, 2017
National Security Civil Defence Corp

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by iblawi(m): 8:22pm On Apr 11, 2017
NSCDC

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by iblawi(m): 8:25pm On Apr 11, 2017
Nigerian Maritime Administration and Safety Agency (NIMASA).

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by iblawi(m): 8:28pm On Apr 11, 2017
Nigerian Emergency Management Agency (NEMA).

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by iblawi(m): 8:30pm On Apr 11, 2017
NEMA

(1) (2) (3) ... (321) (322) (323) (324) (325) (326) (327) ... (9933)

Viewing this topic: 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.