Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,289 members, 7,887,855 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 03:14 PM

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) - Foreign Affairs (3756) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) (6337007 Views)

Am I The Only One Whos Tired Of This Kenya Is Ahead Thread / Femi Adesina: "I Don't Lie, No Matter What"; Nigerians React / Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3753) (3754) (3755) (3756) (3757) (3758) (3759) ... (9933) (Go Down)

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by NairobiWalker(m): 4:17pm On Mar 06, 2019
Kazikazi:
Who doesn't build super highways in this day n age?

But anyway have u tried again to build sigiri bridge? Last time I checked it collapsed. Learn how to build bridges then I will engage u

I told you to stop talking about Engineering wee fundi wa majiko.

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by kikuyu1(m): 4:24pm On Mar 06, 2019
AskiaHarem:
The next Eleven Emerging Powers and the Mint Economies

Nigga,we did this before you stumbled in! Turkey and Mexico are on 10k $ per capita with all the signs of middle income nations,hi tech and engineering make up much of their economy. Look at the new Turk chopper,a cleansheet design not licence built. Indonesia at 4k$ is still wayyyy beyond you guys. Fyi,they're big in ship building and building your new Strategic Supply Vessel.
You're not on the Mint level,any more than Niger or Burundi,iow!!

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by kikuyu1(m): 4:34pm On Mar 06, 2019
JaceBlaze:
You never heard of Seether?

I discovered them in 2008 when they did a cover of George Michael's Careless Whisper

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cO5S993KSao

That was the ishyt!
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by kikuyu1(m): 4:42pm On Mar 06, 2019
Naijjans,how does your army undertake police duties,in this case invading night clubs in the African Dubai bka Port Harcourt?

Last night, a troop of men of the Nigerian Army in over over 20 trucks went around popular clubs and lounges in Port-Harcourt, Rivers state capital, in a show of force ahead of the governorship election on Saturday, March 9th.
https://www.nationalhelm.co/2019/03/soldiers-embark-on-show-of-force-on-nightclubs-in-port-harcourt-photos.html

Htf does that happen-what kind of command and control framework exists in the NA??
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by vaxx: 4:47pm On Mar 06, 2019
Trassaco valley Accra

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by vaxx: 4:48pm On Mar 06, 2019
Do you love hip-hop

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Jonraid(m): 4:55pm On Mar 06, 2019
A bold 24% projected growth of high net worth individuals in Kenya by 2023.Highest projection in the continent.

Source- Knight Frank Wealth Report 2019

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Jonraid(m): 5:06pm On Mar 06, 2019
The numbers of Ultra High Net Wealth Individuals.The UHNWI's (Ultra High Net Worth Individuals) are individuals with a net of over 30 million US dollars.South Africa leads the pack with an impressive margin followed by Egypt,Nigeria then Kenya.

Bit low numbers for Nigeria considering their big GDP and population

Source: Knight Frank Wealth Report 2019

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by XhosaNostra(f): 5:09pm On Mar 06, 2019
jaycent:
When it comes to dance. In Africa, Nigeria is the number one follow by Ghanaians! Go and ask?

Who must I ask? Maybe number one in your region.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by XhosaNostra(f): 5:10pm On Mar 06, 2019
jaycent:
She no go understand grin

She no know how many awards we don chop for dance grin

From where did you get the awards?
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by vaxx: 5:14pm On Mar 06, 2019
Aliu mahama stadium Tamale nothern region Ghana..... Ghana at 62, some people collapsed due to the excessive sun light......

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by vaxx: 5:26pm On Mar 06, 2019
Greater Accra (independence square)

62nd celebration as it happens today

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by jaycent(m): 5:29pm On Mar 06, 2019
XhosaNostra:

From where did you get the awards?
For dancing competition na undecided
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by XhosaNostra(f): 5:34pm On Mar 06, 2019
jaycent:

Where?
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by XhosaNostra(f): 5:36pm On Mar 06, 2019
vaxx:
Greater Accra (independence square)

62nd celebration as it happens today

Happy independence day, vaxx.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by XhosaNostra(f): 5:38pm On Mar 06, 2019
jaycent:

When is your independence day?
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by jaycent(m): 5:40pm On Mar 06, 2019
XhosaNostra:

When is your independence day?
Tuesday 1, October
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by XhosaNostra(f): 5:41pm On Mar 06, 2019
jaycent:
Tuesday 1, October

What do you guys do on the day?
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by jaycent(m): 5:46pm On Mar 06, 2019
Isahalbash:

Amma dai ka iya nupancigrin
Hakane ai grin

Kai fa.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by vaxx: 6:05pm On Mar 06, 2019
GHANA Attract over 3.5 billion us dollar FDI investment in 2018

""Ghana has cemented its position as the most attractive destination for Foreign Direct Investment (FDI), ahead of neighbouring Nigeria, by attracting FDI commitments to the tune of well over US$ 3.5 billion in 2018.

Indeed, the actual FDI figures for the year could be considerably higher since data from the Petroleum Commission, Minerals Commission and the Ghana Free Zones Board, only covers the first three quarters of the year. It is possible that the Petroleum Commission’s figures could have risen considerably during the last quarter of 2018 due to the intensity of Aker Energy’s exploratory drilling programme during that period which indeed culminated in the announcement of the largest single oil find in the entire West African Gulf of Guinea to date, a few weeks ago.

Full year figures from the Ghana Investment Promotion Centre (GIPC), the country’s flagship FDI facilitation agency proved that 2017’s record breaking performance was not a fluke. In 2017, the Centre attracted FDI commitments to the tune of US$3,614.07 million, and adding on local counterpart investment, this brought the total investment commitments registered with it to US$3,745.60 million. Despite this being the highest FDI registered in the 24 year history of the GIPC cynics argued that it was only achieved because of one single investment commitment of over US$2 billion made during the year.

However, in 2018, GIPC nearly matched the previous year’s performance, registering US$3,324.42 million in commitments and with local counterpart commitments added on, a total of US$3,540.73 million.

Instructively, the highest single investment registered is for US$1,417.58 million and indeed two investments are for over US$1 billion each.

But the level of total investment commitments for 2018 (full year for GIPC but first nine months for the other agencies) at US$3,676.49 million is likely to fall short of the US$6,189.68 million (full year for all for agencies) because of sharp declines by the Petroleum Commission, Minerals Commission and GFZB which only registered commitments during the first three quarters of the year, to the tunes of US$134 million, US$770,000 and US$990,000 respectively, down from 2017’s full year levels of US$493.86 million, US$549.59 million and US$1,400.63 million respectively.

Importantly, commitments generated by GIPC are expected to create 17,924 jobs, up from 13,108 jobs in 2017.

For 2018, GIPC attracted commitments to the tune of US$1,417.58 million for the service sector expected to generate 7,780 jobs; US$1,101.87 million for the general trade sector, expected to create 1,687 jobs; US$715.41 million for the manufacturing sector, expected to generate 4,859 jobs; US$137.51 million for export trade expected to generate 217 jobs; US$93.66 million for the building and construction sector expected to generate 259 jobs; US$65.65 million for liaison offices, generating 2,086 jobs; and US$8.91 million for the agricultural sector, to generate 946 jobs"".

Goldstreetbuisness. com

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by jaycent(m): 6:09pm On Mar 06, 2019
XhosaNostra:

What do you guys do on the day?
The 1st of October is much more that flags and partying, it’s about Nigeria severing ties with the British and declaring independence. No doubt the day is special for every Nigerian, be it a child or an octogenarian. It is the day of patriotism and one cannot help but be nostalgic of this very day every year. Most Nigerians even celebrate Independence Day for a span of around four to five days as they engage in several cultural activities and community gatherings to make it memorable. This year with the holiday falling on a Saturday, the government has declared the Monday a public holiday, making the weekend even longer....Wondering what Nigerians will be doing with all the time? Jumia Travel shares six things most Nigerians do to celebrate Independence Day!

Hang Nigerian Flags Everywhere Have you ever noticed how a few days to October 1st, you find hawkers selling Nigerian flags as well as other items with green, white and green all around town, especially in Abuja? From the tiny fluttering flags flanking both sides of an automobile or Keke to the huge ones billowing in the wind atop large buildings, you see Nigerian flags hoisted and flapping everywhere, even in places you won’t expect to see them at. Basically, when it comes to hanging the Nigerian flag on Independence Day, Nigerians tend to go a little overboard.

Organize A Local Parade The Independence Day celebrations can become a “fancy” affair in some locations around the country. A lot of people organize, participate as well as gather to watch processions and parades which usually include elaborate dressing in green and white costumes, Role plays, skits, musicals and a lot of performances. Keep in mind these may not be fancy parades like you see abroad or on foreign TV.

Go For Parties And Shows Since it is a paid national holiday for most Nigerians, a full day of people partying and going for shows with friends istypical of Independence Day celebrations. Basically, every organization, company or business hosts some kind of party or event and a number of them are free. The ones which require a fee are usually affordable too.

Throw KnockOuts And Fireworks Nigerians never fail to seize opportunities to throw knock-outs and crack fireworks and they usually make a big deal of it during Independence Day. In some places, people get together to enjoy some fireworks while in other places they just throw it randomly into the street. You may want to be vigilant when moving around to be just you don’t become a victim of the fire play.

See Historical Films At Cinemas New historical films are either released or old ones make a comeback during Independence Day as a way of revving up national pride and patriotism as well as honoring of Nigeria’s independence. There was a major explosion in 2014 with movies like October 1st, A place in the stars and Half of a Yellow sun. What better way to celebrate Independence Day holiday with your friends and family, than a good movie and some home-made snacks at any of the cinemas in your town?

Sleep And Social Media Binge Another thing most Nigerians do on independence day is stay indoors and sleep all day or spend their entire time online either stalking people on Social Media or engaging in other online activities such as gaming e.t.c. With the economic situation right now, a number of people have been on extra hustle and they do not take the `holiday to sleep and unwind anymore, they stay on the hustle. Basically, there certainly may not be a larger number of people sleeping in this year, especially in Lagos.

This is what we do on our Independent day. kiss kiss

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by XhosaNostra(f): 6:20pm On Mar 06, 2019
jaycent:
The 1st of October is much more that flags and partying, it’s about Nigeria severing ties with the British and declaring independence. No doubt the day is special for every Nigerian, be it a child or an octogenarian. It is the day of patriotism and one cannot help but be nostalgic of this very day every year. Most Nigerians even celebrate Independence Day for a span of around four to five days as they engage in several cultural activities and community gatherings to make it memorable. This year with the holiday falling on a Saturday, the government has declared the Monday a public holiday, making the weekend even longer....Wondering what Nigerians will be doing with all the time? Jumia Travel shares six things most Nigerians do to celebrate Independence Day!

Hang Nigerian Flags Everywhere Have you ever noticed how a few days to October 1st, you find hawkers selling Nigerian flags as well as other items with green, white and green all around town, especially in Abuja? From the tiny fluttering flags flanking both sides of an automobile or Keke to the huge ones billowing in the wind atop large buildings, you see Nigerian flags hoisted and flapping everywhere, even in places you won’t expect to see them at. Basically, when it comes to hanging the Nigerian flag on Independence Day, Nigerians tend to go a little overboard.

Organize A Local Parade The Independence Day celebrations can become a “fancy” affair in some locations around the country. A lot of people organize, participate as well as gather to watch processions and parades which usually include elaborate dressing in green and white costumes, Role plays, skits, musicals and a lot of performances. Keep in mind these may not be fancy parades like you see abroad or on foreign TV.

Go For Parties And Shows Since it is a paid national holiday for most Nigerians, a full day of people partying and going for shows with friends istypical of Independence Day celebrations. Basically, every organization, company or business hosts some kind of party or event and a number of them are free. The ones which require a fee are usually affordable too.

Throw KnockOuts And Fireworks Nigerians never fail to seize opportunities to throw knock-outs and crack fireworks and they usually make a big deal of it during Independence Day. In some places, people get together to enjoy some fireworks while in other places they just throw it randomly into the street. You may want to be vigilant when moving around to be just you don’t become a victim of the fire play.

See Historical Films At Cinemas New historical films are either released or old ones make a comeback during Independence Day as a way of revving up national pride and patriotism as well as honoring of Nigeria’s independence. There was a major explosion in 2014 with movies like October 1st, A place in the stars and Half of a Yellow sun. What better way to celebrate Independence Day holiday with your friends and family, than a good movie and some home-made snacks at any of the cinemas in your town?

Sleep And Social Media Binge Another thing most Nigerians do on independence day is stay indoors and sleep all day or spend their entire time online either stalking people on Social Media or engaging in other online activities such as gaming e.t.c. With the economic situation right now, a number of people have been on extra hustle and they do not take the `holiday to sleep and unwind anymore, they stay on the hustle. Basically, there certainly may not be a larger number of people sleeping in this year, especially in Lagos.

This is what we do on our Independent day. kiss kiss

It sounds like a lot of fun. Do you also take part in the festivities or do you prefer to "unwind"?

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 6:31pm On Mar 06, 2019
XhosaNostra:

No, I'm not saying my attitude is like hers. What she said was unnecessary. I was simply pointing out how docile South Africans are online. That Cleo guy pissed me off. I wasn't going to let that slide tongue
I'm not a disrespectful person. I respect everyone until they disrespect me. I'm not an EFF. The entire party repulses me. They have the vilest & dumbest supporters. All they know is kowtowing to Julius & being violent to anyone with a different opinion.

Maybe Caster's vagina is bigger than her pènis lol. IDK how they decide on these things, but she herself identifies as a woman, so there's also that. Being PC.

Lol, how tall are you? I like tall men, they give a feeling of being protected.

Both Cleo and Disgrace should have pissed you. And Disgrace doesnt sound as docile as you claim. She sounds the opposite. Interestingly I know online Saffas for their naughtiness. Most clips/posts/tweets I come across from SA have sth to do with daggering grin They are not docile unless you mean relatively. There was a clip where school children were dancing for the p3ssy grin

I have to side with Cleo for a min. Isnt Joburg the African Murder Capital? grin Some reports compare the murder rate in Joburg to a war zone! I'm averagely tall. Like 5"9' but I may be 6" now havent checked in a while.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by samorobo: 6:33pm On Mar 06, 2019
AskiaHarem:

Looks like an "alright" neighborhood

Live the fool ....he doesn't know the difference btw city and housing estate. ......that is obtainable in surelere festac, ago palace, I don't want to mention anywhere in lagos island cause that would be an insult to lagos personality

Can someone help me tell the fool of just 30 that I am not an easy meat to chew

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by samorobo: 6:37pm On Mar 06, 2019
Kazikazi:
Yah that's great.Don't forget to send them food aid too

Nah I won't , that is always on the menu

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by XhosaNostra(f): 6:38pm On Mar 06, 2019
TayserMahri:

Both Cleo and Disgrace should have pissed you. And Disgrace doesnt sound as docile as you claim. She sounds the opposite. Interestingly I know online Saffas for their naughtiness. Most clips/posts/tweets I come across from SA have sth to do with daggering grin They are not docile unless you mean relatively. There was a clip where school children were dancing for the p3ssy grin

I have to side with Cleo for a min. Isnt Joburg the African Murder Capital? grin Some reports compare the murder rate in Joburg to a war zone! I'm averagely tall. Like 5"9' but I may be 6" now havent checked in a while.

LMFAO @ daggering. Well, we're not shy when it comes to sex, that's for sure.
Cape Town actually is the murder capital due to gangsterism.

What do you mean you haven't checked in a while? It's not like you grew taller in between the last time you got measured & now undecided
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Ttipsy(f): 6:40pm On Mar 06, 2019
Stevoh18:

...Truly we're not mates grin
we are not mates.
Nigeria is the 3rd powerful in Africa and 46th country in the world. after SA and Egypt. we deserve some accolades.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by samorobo: 6:41pm On Mar 06, 2019
jaycent:
Is that the city. Even Abuja neighborhood is more beautiful than that sef grin

You just insulted nigeria. ....you should have showed them mansion estates in enugu to compete with first and be trashed by the standard of mansions that are derived in enugu estate
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by samorobo: 6:42pm On Mar 06, 2019
Kazikazi:
We can't just close it.We want to help you! We are a big brother to you kiberans.Swallow your pride and give us what we deserve...a honour

Pls forgive them for they are STUPID
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by samorobo: 6:43pm On Mar 06, 2019
Ttipsy:
we are not mates.
Nigeria is the 3rd powerful in Africa and 46th country in the world. after SA and Egypt. we deserve some accolades.

No nigeria is 43rd in the world

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 6:43pm On Mar 06, 2019
abbeg:
See how stupid you sound right now? 'all our movies are juju centric'
This alone shows everything.And stop lying through your teeth so much.You'll soon break a tooth! grin grin You think I'm stupid enough to believe only 5% of you guys watch our movies? That is a BIG FAT LIE.
Even a blind baby knows much of Africa watches our movies and plays our music,including Kenya.So stop acting like only kiberans watch our trashy b movies.And not all our movies are B movies dumbass.So the one NETFLIX bought is also a 'juju centric' B movie no? grin grin Even the B movies not all are set in the past.
If you like watch our movies,or don't watch them,I don't care.All I know is the rest of your country eats our stupid B movies.
And it will be like that for quite some time grin grin grin

Abbeggi!!!! Why are you so foolish? grin grin Who is watching your movies? I completed a full dissert trying to explain to you that the people who watch your movies are house helps and you're still stuck to your guns. We dont watch your movies! And we wont watch them! I'd rather watch porn. When will you guys modernize and stop looking so iron age? grin NETFLIX my backside, tell me the name I'll check it right away. You need to modernize.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by samorobo: 6:46pm On Mar 06, 2019
sufferNsmiling:
The nigerians on this thread are just opening their big mouth. Here in europe every week a nigerian is killed it is now getting to to march. Some nigerians are just being killed for 5 to 10 us dollar or 8 pounds. I am just reading a story in the news paper in portugal in nigerian 18 year old boy was given 10 pounds to go and fight another gang he did not make it back alive. It seems that the poverty has moved from nigerians in nigeria to nigerians abroad.

Try applying for a spelling bee first so we can talk. .....

(1) (2) (3) ... (3753) (3754) (3755) (3756) (3757) (3758) (3759) ... (9933)

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.